Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex (65796 Views)

She Says We're Just Friends But She Gets Jealous Over Me (Photos) / Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? / I'm Having Sleepless Night; She Said She We Are Just Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex by emmieleee1111: 4:51pm On May 08, 2018
Some people are better left as friends than "romantic partners" though.. If I had a friendship with someone and we eventually start dating, and if for whatever reason we lose the relationship, I feel being friends still with the person wouldn't be a bad idea because we were friends before the whole relationship thingy kicked off. Friendship to a certain level is deeper than relationship. Thats why we encourage people to date or marry their friends!... But you have very great points though dear poster.
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex by Crixina(f): 5:04pm On May 08, 2018
alexistaiwo:

Okay..
I will do exactly as advised.
Thanks and have a nice day.
Yeah, you too.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex by Innoskysky: 9:08pm On May 08, 2018
My girlfriend still chat and keep contact's with her ex and is causing issues in our relationship
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex by rosieluv(f): 9:30pm On May 08, 2018
Berlyn1:
beeebi smiley sad shocked shocked Howfar na
runaway queen are you back on whatsap

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex by majorbravo: 8:37am On May 10, 2018
flington4550:
loved her like crazy... broke up 5 months back and the only way I think and remember her was her phone number closely packed in my brain haha �
Don't know how to let it go lol

Nearly a decade ago, I once thought I would never forget her digits. I just read your comment now and behold I tried to recall it and I can proudly say I indeed really have forgotten it lol.
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex by majorbravo: 8:54am On May 10, 2018
alenwup:
I also did not read where the writer suggested we should hate, but break up has levels. Write now, I'm a victim of a broken relationship. As in, the wound is very fresh. The painful part of it is that, I so much love this girl that I didn't care to be on guard. At the early stage, I was shocked, then anger and despondency. It became worst when the girl didn't answer my calls or returned my messages, then I'm tempted to hate the situation coz it is so unreasonable. Like my case right now, once I survive the pain, I will rather not have anything to do with her.
I think this narrative would change when/if you follow the right route to heal. I recommend focusing your entire emotions on becoming a better man first for yourself, so you would be better for the woman you eventually end up with, than you were with your ex. Make a conscious pact with yourself that you choose never to be less than best. I'm talking physically(yes hit that gym), mentally(get higher qualifications), financially (aggressively pursue a great career, own your own business) and spiritually (go to church more). Consider joining the military-style training unit or some disciplinary support boot camp if you find the time, by the time you are done, you wouldn't even remember her name. The quality of your life would be so outstanding that you would be thankful for the breakup. And if payback is worth the thought, remember this: Women aren't very good losers and the news of a very successful ex who treats his new woman like a queen is the worse torture you can give a woman. Cheer-up.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex by gonkin(m): 10:37am On May 10, 2018
All my ex still communicate with me. Cuz once my ex is with someone else i see no reason to feel anything. I avoid my ex but they don't avoid me. Even if we break up angrily they always drop by to say HI. Especially using my birthday as a gateway
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex by alenwup(m): 6:28pm On May 10, 2018
majorbravo:

I think this narrative would change when/if you follow the right route to heal. I recommend focusing your entire emotions on becoming a better man first for yourself, so you would be better for the woman you eventually end up with, than you were with your ex. Make a conscious pact with yourself that you choose never to be less than best. I'm talking physically(yes hit that gym), mentally(get higher qualifications), financially (aggressively pursue a great career, own your own business) and spiritually (go to church more). Consider joining the military-style training unit or some disciplinary support boot camp if you find the time, by the time you are done, you wouldn't even remember her name. The quality of your life would be so outstanding that you would be thankful for the breakup. And if payback is worth the thought, remember this: Women aren't very good losers and the news of a very successful ex who treats his new woman like a queen is the worse torture you can give a woman. Cheer-up.
Many thanks, I appreciate

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex by meneski(m): 7:03am On May 11, 2018
Damn the law of okafor just worked for me!God bless who posted that law here. But wait oh, is there any sentence like i love you but i can't marry you?
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex by SoldierBoy1(m): 7:49am On May 14, 2018
[quote author=SoldierBoy1 post=67374585]you tried.
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex by Talkingboy: 11:58am On May 19, 2018
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex by jennyswtie: 9:09am On Jun 09, 2018
creamylicious:
kissing most times....terrible something

sorry I had to quote u here. I couldn't in ur diary. My mi mi is coconut oil. Ensure u buy the original one to get the desired result
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex by creamylicious(f): 9:29am On Jun 09, 2018
jennyswtie:

sorry I had to quote u here. I couldn't in ur diary. My mi mi is coconut oil. Ensure u buy the original one to get the desired result
I could get it through you..... can you be of help please?
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex by jennyswtie: 10:52am On Jun 09, 2018
creamylicious:
I could get it through you..... can you be of help please?

I don't think so. my sis bought it for me n she has gone back to base
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex by NjdJobs: 10:52am On Jun 09, 2018
FOR LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA VISIT WEBSITE BELOW:
http://nigeriajobsdomain-online..com

ABOUT US

NIGERIA JOBS DOMAIN, is an online job vacancy reference portal in Nigeria that delivers active, relevant and selected job vacancies from sources like; jobsfornaija, hotnigerianjobs, employmentnigeria and jobzilla at large.

Therefore, at NIGERIA JOBS DOMAIN BLOG, our vacancies published on this blog is directly from the right source which we believe will enable job seekers to acquire their goals.

OUR MISSION STATEMENT:

To reduce unemployment and create more conducive environment for job seekers through our consistent job broadcast.

OUR CORE VALUES:

At NIGERIA-JOBS-DOMAIN, we are committed to core values that not only define who we are, but serve as a guide that will enable us to acquire the following values:

Integrity
Simplicity
Team Commitment

OUR VISION:

To become most visited blog for job vacancy publication in Nigeria and around the world.

To see Consistent provision of jobs for Nigerians at large.

To see a better Nigeria economy that would accommodate everyone.

Re: 4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex by SenhorSean(m): 11:13am On Jun 09, 2018
VampireeM:
I disagree. Its depends on the individuals involved and the circumstances that led to the break up. I and my ex we are very good friends
with no romantic strings attached. Time heals most wounds.
best response on this thread. I also have a good friendship with my ex... LIFE GOES ON.
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex by Zhahovic(m): 3:43pm On Jun 09, 2018
Not a good idea to be in Comm with your ex honestly. ...it brings unnecessary nostalgia...
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex by Youngpo413: 12:43am On Jun 05, 2020
alenwup:
I also did not read where the writer suggested we should hate, but break up has levels. Write now, I'm a victim of a broken relationship. As in, the wound is very fresh. The painful part of it is that, I so much love this girl that I didn't care to be on guard. At the early stage, I was shocked, then anger and despondency. It became worst when the girl didn't answer my calls or returned my messages, then I'm tempted to hate the situation coz it is so unreasonable. Like my case right now, once I survive the pain, I will rather not have anything to do with her.
You will
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex by Youngpo413: 12:52am On Jun 05, 2020
alexistaiwo:

Are you okay with taking him back?

Sorry if I come across as too being too inquisitive.
I talk with my ex every single day and it seems like for every call my hatred for her increase by 10 folds grin
Forgive her
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex by doris4u(f): 12:55am On Jun 05, 2020
Nabiss:
You r so on point, i can Only greet my ex if i spot her anywhere bt will never keep her contact
That is for a man like you that knows what he wants, my ex still has my contact and can still view his status, wondered why he still keeps my contacts pending on how the break up went.
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex by placeofallure(f): 3:53am On Jun 05, 2020
Well it depends on the level of maturity. I have some of their contacts, about 2 on my phone but we hardly reach out, maybe say Happy New year now and no reaching out again until another new year. Some only on fb, birthday wishes, no more.
One of my husband's ex is our family friend now. She's much older than me and I treat her like a big sister. We go on family outings and everybody is fine. We're all very civil about it. Every relationship cannot lead to marriage. Some decisions to stay apart are not borne out of malice so...live and let live. How many people do you want to be enemies with? Life is simple.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Disgusting Habits Ladies Exhibit Immediately You Toast Them / Angry Lady Beats & Drags Boyfriend Away For Dancing With Another Lady / My Pregnant, Stubborn Girlfriend Slapped Me, Insults My Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.