Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Saraki, Dogara Report IG To Buhari Over Disdain For Senate, Melaye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki, Dogara Report IG To Buhari Over Disdain For Senate, Melaye (18306 Views)

'there Is A Plan By The IG To Arrest And Inject Me To Death' - Dino Melaye / 25 Reasons To Be Worried About President Buhari's Disdain For Democracy / Ortom Faults Buhari’s Letter To Senate, Tells IG To Resign If Overwhelmed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki, Dogara Report IG To Buhari Over Disdain For Senate, Melaye by DONSMITH123(m): 5:08pm On May 07, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday met behind closed doors with the President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki; and the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara.

The meeting was held inside the Presidential Villa, Abuja shortly after Buhari returned from his weekend trip to his hometown, Daura in Katsina State.

At the end of the meeting, Saraki and Dogara told State House correspondents that they reported the Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, to the President over his handling of the case involving Senator Dino Melaye and his disdain for the National Assembly.

They also said the meeting which was at the instance of the President discussed the issue of the 2018 Appropriation Bill still before the National Assembly, the recent invasion of the Senate during which the mace was taken away and the fallouts or Buhari’s recent visit to the United States of America during which he met the US President, Donald Trump.

They, however, said the issue of the impeachment process being contemplated in the National Assembly over Buhari’s approval for the payment of $496m for fighter jets before he sought the approval of the Federal lawmakers was not discussed at the meeting.

“We came on the invitation of Mr. President. He wanted to brief us on his trip to the United States and also the issue of the budget.

“We also talked on the issue of concerns to us: the invasion of the National Assembly, which he showed great concern and he said action will be taken to investigate that,” Saraki said.

When asked when the budget will be ready, Saraki said, “Hopefully, it should be laid this week. If it can be laid this week and passed early next week. We are hoping it will be laid this week.”

Saraki said the President saw the invasion of the Senate as an embarrassment to the country and promised that the incident would be properly investigated because it was not just about the National Assembly but about the country.

When asked what was being done to improve the relationship between the executive and the legislature, Saraki said the National Assembly had always been ready to support the Executive.

“Our being here was the initiative of Mr. President to brief us on his visit to America and to engage in discussions and I think that is a good sign.

“We, at the National Assembly, have always been ready to give all our support to the executive and we will continue to work along those lines.

“As I said, the presidential system that we operate, we sometimes have the responsibility to check the excesses of the executive. So, there will always be times we will disagree but by and large, we will always work for the interest of Nigerians and always keep on moving on,” he said.

http://www.punchng.com/saraki-dogara-report-ig-to-buhari-over-disdain-for-senate-melaye/
Re: Saraki, Dogara Report IG To Buhari Over Disdain For Senate, Melaye by SweetLove0(f): 5:10pm On May 07, 2018
cheesy
Re: Saraki, Dogara Report IG To Buhari Over Disdain For Senate, Melaye by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 5:11pm On May 07, 2018
The Reporter o
The Reportee o
The Reported o
All of them combined are useless to this shiithole ... Bunch of idle No-Gooders cool

21 Likes

Re: Saraki, Dogara Report IG To Buhari Over Disdain For Senate, Melaye by omowolewa: 5:11pm On May 07, 2018
And they expect him to do something?

1 Like

Re: Saraki, Dogara Report IG To Buhari Over Disdain For Senate, Melaye by DONSMITH123(m): 5:11pm On May 07, 2018
If IG can disobeyed Bubu...he can do it to Senate. Yeye APC

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki, Dogara Report IG To Buhari Over Disdain For Senate, Melaye by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 07, 2018
Muhehehe, no more gragra, they had to run to oga at d top cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki, Dogara Report IG To Buhari Over Disdain For Senate, Melaye by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 5:14pm On May 07, 2018
DONSMITH123:
If IG can disobeyed Bubu...he can do it to Senate. Yeye APC
Hmmm ... You now a patriot?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki, Dogara Report IG To Buhari Over Disdain For Senate, Melaye by DONSMITH123(m): 5:21pm On May 07, 2018
HonSuQMaDIQ:

Democrat.
Re: Saraki, Dogara Report IG To Buhari Over Disdain For Senate, Melaye by BrightNonso2: 5:29pm On May 07, 2018
Mumu country. A country laden with continuous dance of shame

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki, Dogara Report IG To Buhari Over Disdain For Senate, Melaye by Nkemtreasure: 5:38pm On May 07, 2018
Always said it, PMB is a figure head. The CABAL still running the show and some people are just untouchables. Le me kom n bi goin

6 Likes

Re: Saraki, Dogara Report IG To Buhari Over Disdain For Senate, Melaye by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 5:39pm On May 07, 2018
HonSuQMaDIQ:

Sarrki is back grin
Re: Saraki, Dogara Report IG To Buhari Over Disdain For Senate, Melaye by JAMO4REAL1(m): 5:42pm On May 07, 2018
��� Top
Re: Saraki, Dogara Report IG To Buhari Over Disdain For Senate, Melaye by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 6:04pm On May 07, 2018
BUHARIISCURSED:

Sarrki is back grin
i'd rather be a skunk than being that senseless confused no gooder

3 Likes

Re: Saraki, Dogara Report IG To Buhari Over Disdain For Senate, Melaye by DONSMITH123(m): 6:07pm On May 07, 2018
BUHARIISCURSED:

Sarrki is back grin

cheesy
Re: Saraki, Dogara Report IG To Buhari Over Disdain For Senate, Melaye by annnikky(f): 6:40pm On May 07, 2018
The man is wearing I don't care jacket because he knows that his master won't do him anything undecided

after complaining to buharia then buharia will call him aside and pat him at the back and told him u have done well my dear, don't mind them Jare na we we grin

6 Likes

Re: Saraki, Dogara Report IG To Buhari Over Disdain For Senate, Melaye by Nate187: 6:43pm On May 07, 2018
Who cares?
Re: Saraki, Dogara Report IG To Buhari Over Disdain For Senate, Melaye by inoki247: 6:44pm On May 07, 2018
lol
Re: Saraki, Dogara Report IG To Buhari Over Disdain For Senate, Melaye by 6660M0666: 6:44pm On May 07, 2018
MUMU PEOPLE...ALL OF THEM.

A public servant publicly and nonchalantly disregarded the invitation of the highest level of people's power in the country with outstanding impunity, and the best that these overpampered and redundant clowns can do is to run to Buhari, an entity that treats the rule of law with laughable levity, like a primary school Headboy to the Headmaster to report a pupil that failed to obey him.

Just imagine!.

And these selfsame set of mundane fellows were talking of impeaching Buhari.

Foolishness, foolishness everywhere!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki, Dogara Report IG To Buhari Over Disdain For Senate, Melaye by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 07, 2018
hmmm.... smiley smiley smiley
Re: Saraki, Dogara Report IG To Buhari Over Disdain For Senate, Melaye by pol23: 6:50pm On May 07, 2018
I used to hate Dino...but since he start fighting Buhari he became my friend.
I used to like Fashola till he part with Buhari.
I've always hate Tinubu.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki, Dogara Report IG To Buhari Over Disdain For Senate, Melaye by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:51pm On May 07, 2018
Good governance is the most important thing here.
Re: Saraki, Dogara Report IG To Buhari Over Disdain For Senate, Melaye by procky(f): 6:52pm On May 07, 2018
All political...
Re: Saraki, Dogara Report IG To Buhari Over Disdain For Senate, Melaye by debolayinka(m): 6:56pm On May 07, 2018
All they do have meetings, Abeg show us positive results.

1 Like

Re: Saraki, Dogara Report IG To Buhari Over Disdain For Senate, Melaye by Megatrix: 6:59pm On May 07, 2018
Shithole people
Re: Saraki, Dogara Report IG To Buhari Over Disdain For Senate, Melaye by killuminati(m): 7:04pm On May 07, 2018
pol23:
I used to hate Dino...but since he start fighting Buhari he became my friend.
I used to like Fashola till he part with Buhari.
I've always hate Tinubu.
And who cares who you love or hate. Do your thing man.

1 Like

Re: Saraki, Dogara Report IG To Buhari Over Disdain For Senate, Melaye by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 07, 2018
Come o! The President, Senate or House of Reps. Who has the power to sack that goat headed Idris?
Re: Saraki, Dogara Report IG To Buhari Over Disdain For Senate, Melaye by Buffalo2(m): 7:10pm On May 07, 2018
Reporting Caesar to Caesar

3 Likes

Re: Saraki, Dogara Report IG To Buhari Over Disdain For Senate, Melaye by emperorblog(m): 7:13pm On May 07, 2018
ok
Re: Saraki, Dogara Report IG To Buhari Over Disdain For Senate, Melaye by zicoraads: 7:16pm On May 07, 2018
dumo1:
Come o! The President, Senate or House of Reps. Who has the power to sack that goat headed Idris?
The president. He is an appointee of the president. The National Assembly can't touch him and he knows this.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki, Dogara Report IG To Buhari Over Disdain For Senate, Melaye by poemsofthesage(m): 7:19pm On May 07, 2018
Get News on the GO from anywhere in the world from all the major News Portals all in one place!

Categories include:

Sports
Fashion
Global
Politics
Entertainment
Travel
Comedy
InfoHub
Etc.

Also included:

LINDA IKEJI BLOG
SAHARA REPORTERS
YABALEFT
BELLANAIJA
TUKO
NEWS24
And More all in the all-new all-free NewsONE1 Android App.

Download:
https:///jD83Yz
Re: Saraki, Dogara Report IG To Buhari Over Disdain For Senate, Melaye by FBIL: 7:26pm On May 07, 2018
Saraki's senate is a disaster! It's been the weakest and the only senate that trembles when the president shouts.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Highlights Of President Muhammadu Buhari #UNGA76 Address, September 24, 2021 / Nigerian Workers Release Breakdown Of Proposed ₦‎615,000 Minimum Wage / Umaru Fintiri Receives Certificate Of Return From INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.