Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,791 members, 7,844,568 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

"I Don’t Owe Senate Any Apology" - IGP Idris - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Don’t Owe Senate Any Apology" - IGP Idris (27834 Views)

Buhari’s Cabinet: We Don’t Owe You Explanations On Delay, APC Tells PDP / I Owe Nobody Any Apology For Supporting Buhari - Kenneth Okonkwo / Buhari Owes No One Any Apology On Jobless Nigerian Youths Statement– Tony Momoh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Don’t Owe Senate Any Apology" - IGP Idris by hush15: 1:08pm On May 10, 2018
authority2006:

They invalidated the suspension but didn't mention the compulsory reinstatement? Hypocrisy of the highest order! An action was invalidated but you're still waiting for a verdict that calls for reversal of that action. Funny country with funny people.

Thats what happens when a judge gives a verdict and still remain neutral. They fault the action but keep silent on what the next line of action should be. Thats how judges behave on political matters.

If the judge wants to do a full prouncement, he will oass the verdict and enforce the obedience on court rulings.
Re: "I Don’t Owe Senate Any Apology" - IGP Idris by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 10, 2018
SENATE - WATCH IT! . That was an article written by Col Abubakar Umar Dangiwa in the Guardian Newspaper of 6th August, 2017. As a young man undergoing regimental training while Col Abubakar was in Lagos (Armour Corps) then later as Mil Gov Kaduna State, I have taken so much interest in him. In the said article, he complained about the humiliation of Col Hammed Ibrahim Ali the Custom CG &,the harassment of Hadiza Usman the head of NPA.

Having gone through that article, I immediately remembered the letter written by Obj to National Assembly accusing them of high level corruption, I also remember the uncivilized & crude way of electing the present NASS leadership - the method that is unacceptable in civilized environment. Election where majority of party members were deceived & betrayed including old men like Senator Gemade, Abdulahi Adamu & others. We also have old man in the person of Buhari & party leaders betrayed & deceived. Dino was making a mockery of the total number of senators required to form a quorum for election to be held.

When Dino was declared wanted by Police, he failed to report, rather publicly, he was seen attending functions & being given a cover by the Senate President. The Senate makes law, while the Police enforces law. Both the maker of the law & the enforcer of the law, none is above the law. I remembered when Senator David Mark was the Senate President & Senator Iyabo Obasanjo was declared wanted by EFCC over 20 million naira her committee received from Ministry of Health, she went into hiding. Senator Mark was accused of hiding her but he said no because he knows law. Nobody saw Iyabo Obasanjo with Senator Mark during this period until she reported herself to EFCC.

Cases related to treason or felony is much more grave than corruption. Political cases all around the world most of the time end as treason or felony. I am a Yoruba man, I was told the story of Awolowo, I read of a lot of political cases in Africa & beyond. I witnessed Abiola & Obj cases. I pray for Dino & plead with stakeholders on his behalf.

There is nothing the Senate under this present leadership can do to IGP. Falana once said the difference between human beings & animals is the rule of law. Those who make the law & those enforcing the law are not above the law. Senate - Watch it!
Re: "I Don’t Owe Senate Any Apology" - IGP Idris by maestroferddi: 1:42pm On May 10, 2018
authority2006:
[s][/s]

Childish and senseless comment.
Good that I had your measure...

We shall not stop till we drum common sense into the thick skulls of all of you who have chosen to embrace/glamourize madness when our existential survival as a nation is in extremis.
Re: "I Don’t Owe Senate Any Apology" - IGP Idris by SOJOSEPH(m): 1:49pm On May 10, 2018
aolawale025:

NASS as an institution should be respected notwithstanding our feelings about the occupants

RESPECT is not an entitlement. It is rather EARNED.

What is the age of our 2018 budget with NASS.
Re: "I Don’t Owe Senate Any Apology" - IGP Idris by CJAYFORTUNE: 1:57pm On May 10, 2018
The high level of insecurity in this country is getting out of hand! Besides you ve gone out law,by not being answerable to the calls of NASS members

#do the right thing at the right time
# respect the law
Re: "I Don’t Owe Senate Any Apology" - IGP Idris by So101: 2:00pm On May 10, 2018
seguno2:

Where is Buhari grin
see question? Am I his wife? Abi Una wan start with death rumors? God giveth God taketh just remember!!!
Re: "I Don’t Owe Senate Any Apology" - IGP Idris by ItsMeAboki(m): 2:01pm On May 10, 2018
The Senate has yet again shot itself in the foot; it would appear that the lawmakers do not even know the law and the limits of their authority; just see how they have been schooedl yet again on their powers to summon yet another govt official, this time the IGP; having already been schooled before by the Customs boss on a similar subject of summons/uniform you would have thought that they would have taken their time to examine all the extant laws and constitutional provisions pertaining to the issue at hand in order not to embarrass themselves; but the pompous fools allowed their egos to deceive them yet again.
Re: "I Don’t Owe Senate Any Apology" - IGP Idris by jayF19: 2:17pm On May 10, 2018
SOJOSEPH:

RESPECT is not an entitlement. It is rather EARNED.

What is the age of our 2018 budget with NASS.

We are talking Nigerian Constitutional matter, not Yoruba Culture.. eDAKUN
Re: "I Don’t Owe Senate Any Apology" - IGP Idris by omowolewa: 2:28pm On May 10, 2018
authority2006:

No, he didn't. He only served them cold. The problem is that, many of you forget issues very quickly.

More lights, please.
Re: "I Don’t Owe Senate Any Apology" - IGP Idris by Nobody: 2:59pm On May 10, 2018
SuperS1Panther:
The Senate being led by Saraki and his gang is the worst in the history of Nigeria. It is the most clannish, self serving, arrogant, egoistic and unfortunately most incompetent Senate we ever had.

They turned the Senate to House of Summons. Thank God they have not even summoned God Almighty to appear before them.

The useless Senate has kidnapped our budget since November 2017 and yet they are taking 13.5m per month minus allowances.

After ridiculing themselves with the issue of Custom General's uniform, they failed to get Sagay summoned and now the IGP.

2 things are facts -- the National Assembly only has the powers to summon Ministers and not any other person. Not even Mr. President. Secondly, the IGP has the power to delegate his official functions to DIGs and AIGS, which he did by sending the DIG to address them. The same IGP has appeared before the House of Summons more than 7times.

If they need powers to be summoning everybody and.anybody, then they have to amend the constitution. They cannot be arrogating powers they do not have to themselves .

Our Senate of Suspension should learn to carry themselves with more dignity, sense of responsibility and patriotism to the nation.

Just wait and watch how Senate will try to amend the Police Act again, in their usual predictable manner.
Re: "I Don’t Owe Senate Any Apology" - IGP Idris by Deji63: 3:32pm On May 10, 2018
This man bold no be here.
Re: "I Don’t Owe Senate Any Apology" - IGP Idris by seguno2: 3:38pm On May 10, 2018
So101:
see question? Am I his wife? Abi Una wan start with death rumors? God giveth God taketh just remember!!!

You must have forgotten your own question.

So101:
we are not in Britain or America
Re: "I Don’t Owe Senate Any Apology" - IGP Idris by Afamed: 4:00pm On May 10, 2018
Temple1288:
Just like the US Senate summoning Michael Horowitz
and he tells them "Hey guys I can't come and I owe y'all no apology"

Just think of what's gonna happen....

The worst is that people are praising this useless behavior by the Police IG
Just the way Metropolitan police can't summon McCain/ a senator and he would say he's busy. Equity comes with clean hands.
Re: "I Don’t Owe Senate Any Apology" - IGP Idris by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 4:14pm On May 10, 2018
Afamed:

Just the way Metropolitan police can't summon McCain/ a senator and he would say he's busy. Equity comes with clean hands.
Really funny. But I see a power tussle between the executive and the legislature.Check our signature in blue here below and you will be better enlightened. You can contact us by clicking the WhatsApp Chat link...
Re: "I Don’t Owe Senate Any Apology" - IGP Idris by Temple1288(m): 4:26pm On May 10, 2018
Afamed:

This is a case with one Senator...
The Senate (Which constitutes of 109 Senators) summoned a man and he refused..

This same Senate unconfirmed an EFCC boss and he's still going about without a confirmation..

They ordered the Customs boss to wear his uniform and he said he's been a soldier... Wonderful!

Can the American Senate not confirm you and yet you parade yourself with a portfolio? Bullshit!
Re: "I Don’t Owe Senate Any Apology" - IGP Idris by bros856: 5:12pm On May 10, 2018
SalamRushdie:
The onlyvreason you are doing this is because you have the backing of the irresponsible president for now ..
Please mind your langauge that is our President, if you are dump not to respect your father then respect his office right. Nigerians don't know that when you insult the President you are insulting the entire country. Senators my foot.
Re: "I Don’t Owe Senate Any Apology" - IGP Idris by SalamRushdie: 5:15pm On May 10, 2018
bros856:
Please mind your langauge that is our President, if you are dump not to respect your father then respect his office right. Nigerians don't know that when you insult the President you are insulting the entire country. Senators my foot.

President that is partisan with terrorist and looks away while the kill innocent Nigerians...is that one president ...Buhari ceased bringing President since 2016 and I am just eating for the next Nigerian president
Re: "I Don’t Owe Senate Any Apology" - IGP Idris by ZeOptimist(m): 6:06pm On May 10, 2018
OlujobaSamuel:
nice, the senate just dey make law, they sabi no law.
The constitution permits anyone to send a legal representive on any issue except for criminal case, the IG is not the one queried but the police force, why cant they accept any rep of the NPF that is in position to give ans on the subject matter, why must it be the IG, like i asked earlier, if the IG die on his way to the senate, will the senate stop the investigation against the NPF?
I hope the senate will not consider this response by the ppro too since it's not by the IG, if they do, then they have no moral reason to insist for his physical appearance as this is is representation also and not a direct statement from him.
I like your line of argument. Nice one wink Let's wait and see if the senate will respond to this statement from the same NPF they have been summoning and which has been responding the summons. If they react, then they are foolishly contradicting themselves. undecided
Re: "I Don’t Owe Senate Any Apology" - IGP Idris by So101: 10:49pm On May 10, 2018
seguno2:

You must have forgotten your own question.

oh oh I get you!! My bad! But another country’s law or principle shouldn’t necessarily be ours that’s all I meant
Re: "I Don’t Owe Senate Any Apology" - IGP Idris by Afamed: 5:39am On May 11, 2018
Temple1288:

This is a case with one Senator...
The Senate (Which constitutes of 109 Senators) summoned a man and he refused..

This same Senate unconfirmed an EFCC boss and he's still going about without a confirmation..

They ordered the Customs boss to wear his uniform and he said he's been a soldier... Wonderful!

Can the American Senate not confirm you and yet you parade yourself with a portfolio? Bullshit!
A case of one Senator indeed, therefore a senator should be a law breaker.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss / Caption This Photo Of Buhari, Oyegun, Saraki And Dogari In Jolly Mood / Meet Sanwo-Olu’s Commissioners And Special Advisers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.