Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,632 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

How Opposition Votes Will Be Shared Due To Obasanjo’s Failure To Adopt PDP/SDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Opposition Votes Will Be Shared Due To Obasanjo’s Failure To Adopt PDP/SDP (2597 Views)

2019 Election: I’ll Give PDP, SDP, Others The Opportunity I Was Denied - Buhari / Apc, Pdp, Sdp, Adc, Others All Found New Ways To Buy Vote, Say Monitors / Apc Group, Pdp, Sdp, Obasanjo’s Cnm, Others To Form New Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Opposition Votes Will Be Shared Due To Obasanjo’s Failure To Adopt PDP/SDP by Idonmakeam: 6:53am On May 12, 2018
It is no longer news that the much awaited coalition between Chief Olusegun Obasanjo and the SDP headed by Chief Olu Falae has failed. What many Nigerians do not know however is that the coalition which could have given president Buhari’s APC a difficult time failed due to greed and ego of Nigerian politicians. As expected, the parties involved could not reach an understanding to save the nation from Fulani herdsmen killings possibly due to negotiations as to who get what. Punch Newspaper revealed that both parties could not agree on the modalities and strategies for the 2019 polls, in order words – who will produce the president, vice and other vital positions.

As a result of the failed negotiations, a high powered meeting was held by members of the Nigerian Intervention Movement, the Coalition for Nigeria Movement and other concerned groups in Abeokuta, Ogun State. Prominent attendees at the meeting included: former governor of Osun State, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola, who is the Chairman of the CNM; Dr. Olisa Agbakoba (SAN) and Dr. Abdujalil Tafawa-Balewa; and a former Director-General of the National Orientation Agency, Idi Faruk.

It was agreed by Chief Obasanjo and his team that the coalition should adopt ADP, a relatively unknown party ahead of 2019. According to The Cable, Chief Oyinlola while announcing the move said the decision to move in to ADP is “an appreciation of the progressive essence of the party and its untainted existence on the terrain of our nation’s politics.” He said Nigerians should expect more from the movement, describing the fusion as “the first in a multi-layered action plan to give back the country to its much deprived people.”

Whistle Times gathered that former president Olusegun Obasanjo refused suggestions from members of his coalition that a strong party such as the PDP be adopted. It appears that the former president does not want to be seen as a man who goes back on his words after publicly rejecting the PDP.

With the latest move, Whistle Times can exclusively report that all is now set for president Buhari to win a landslide victory in 2019 as it is obvious to many political observers that the ADP and Obasanjo’s coalition would struggle to win a governorship seat talk more of the presidency. The coalition and ADP do not have the massive followership that the PDP enjoys as the second largest party in the country. The adoption of Olu Falae’s party would have created a massive impact much more than the ADP whilst a grand coalition with the PDP could have made it impossible for the APC to win in 2019.

It should be recalled that Chief Obasanjo earlier in March announced that his coalition has about 3 million members, this is more or less the voting population of one northern state alone – Kano. The bitter truth is that the ADP as a party do not have up to 500,000 registered members, hence, it is yet to be seen how the ADP and Obasanjo’s coalition can win president Buhari when Kano State alone with her massive underage voters strength can guarantee almost 3 million votes for president Buhari in 2019.

The refusal of Obasanjo to work with formidable organisations that are already on ground implies that opposition votes will now be divided between ADP, PDP and to a lesser degree SDP. Meanwhile president Buhari’s block northern vote in addition to the massive support the president enjoys from underage Kano kids, he is is already assured of victory in the north even before the elections. The president is also likely to get nothing less than 45-50% of South West vote due to the popularity of the APC in the South West.

By implication therefore, all is now set for the president to win the North East, North West, 45-50% of South West, Muslim states in the Middle Belt – Niger, 50% from Kwara and Kogi. While key opposition parti
https://whistletimes.com/2018/05/12/obasanjo/

1 Like

Re: How Opposition Votes Will Be Shared Due To Obasanjo’s Failure To Adopt PDP/SDP by awa(m): 6:59am On May 12, 2018
Still Bubu will loose if the election is free and fair

4 Likes

Re: How Opposition Votes Will Be Shared Due To Obasanjo’s Failure To Adopt PDP/SDP by Newbiee: 7:04am On May 12, 2018
Buhari is God sent, that's why no amount of conspiracy against him will work.
Just grab your heart attack medicine well till 2023

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Opposition Votes Will Be Shared Due To Obasanjo’s Failure To Adopt PDP/SDP by Ichokwu: 7:15am On May 12, 2018
Let us kick both Buhari and Obasanjo out and we will have a healthy country of our dreams.

1 Like

Re: How Opposition Votes Will Be Shared Due To Obasanjo’s Failure To Adopt PDP/SDP by hotspec(m): 7:28am On May 12, 2018
a myopic opinion of the writer. I guessed the writer is still living in Mars to not have noticed that even APC is now an opposition party to herself.

On the issue of ADC (not ADP as put by the writer to show his ignorance) being a relatively new party with less popularity, ADC is older than APC. The record is there from INEC. Then, who knew APC until 2015 elections? This is d time for ADC to be well known. I n the next three months, you will be surprised how habitual decampees will start moving in

3 Likes

Re: How Opposition Votes Will Be Shared Due To Obasanjo’s Failure To Adopt PDP/SDP by Idonmakeam: 8:56am On May 12, 2018
Lol, critics.
Re: How Opposition Votes Will Be Shared Due To Obasanjo’s Failure To Adopt PDP/SDP by 7lives: 8:58am On May 12, 2018
Newbiee:

Sometimes I wonder if OBJ's third force is not about making sure THAT pdp NEVER return to power.
Politics is like a talking drum, ONLY THE WISE CAN DANCE IT.
Anyway make them empty mortuary before 2019 election o, HEART ATTACK go kill so many people.

3 Likes

Re: How Opposition Votes Will Be Shared Due To Obasanjo’s Failure To Adopt PDP/SDP by yabas(m): 9:15am On May 12, 2018
hotspec:
a myopic opinion of the writer. I guessed the writer is still living in Mars to not have noticed that even APC is now an opposition party to herself.

On the issue of ADC (not ADP as put by the writer to show his ignorance) being a relatively new party with less popularity, ADC is older than APC. The record is there from INEC. Then, who knew APC until 2015 elections? This is d time for ADC to be well known. I n the next three months, you will be surprised how habitual decampees will start moving in

Oh common, even little children in primary schools will agree that Obasanjo's coalition alone cannot win the APC, if it was that easy to win an incumbent president, Buhari could have won long before now. He needs to align with the PDP if he really wants to win the presidency.

3 Likes

Re: How Opposition Votes Will Be Shared Due To Obasanjo’s Failure To Adopt PDP/SDP by tomiwakeem: 11:12am On May 12, 2018
the 2019 elections will be between PDP and ADC , APC is already a failed party the hand witting is already in the wall for those who can see.
Re: How Opposition Votes Will Be Shared Due To Obasanjo’s Failure To Adopt PDP/SDP by lereinter(m): 11:45am On May 12, 2018
Newbiee:

which of the God
Jehovah, allah or sango

1 Like

Re: How Opposition Votes Will Be Shared Due To Obasanjo’s Failure To Adopt PDP/SDP by globexpo: 11:54am On May 12, 2018
Most votes are cast by non party members. Meanwhile the party members are even more hungry this time
Re: How Opposition Votes Will Be Shared Due To Obasanjo’s Failure To Adopt PDP/SDP by eejo(m): 12:18pm On May 12, 2018
remove kogi Because PDP had already won the state
Re: How Opposition Votes Will Be Shared Due To Obasanjo’s Failure To Adopt PDP/SDP by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:21pm On May 12, 2018
The best bet for Obasanjo and his CNM is to dissolve and collapse all their structures into PDP, being the party that enjoys support of over 70% Nigerians at the moment.

However, I am optimistic that i
Buhari will lose his reelection bid to Sen Ahmed Makarfi come February 2019.
Re: How Opposition Votes Will Be Shared Due To Obasanjo’s Failure To Adopt PDP/SDP by dustmalik: 12:25pm On May 12, 2018
eejo:
My state will never vote for PDP again. You should talk about your own state.
Re: How Opposition Votes Will Be Shared Due To Obasanjo’s Failure To Adopt PDP/SDP by Dannyset(m): 12:40pm On May 12, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
The best bet for Obasanjo and his CNM is to dissolve and collapse all their structures into PDP, being the party that enjoys support of over 70% Nigerians at the moment.

No people in their right senses will want to have anything to do with PDP again. PDP ruined this country, and it will be a shame to have them back. Obj already has failed in his own quest already.

1 Like

Re: How Opposition Votes Will Be Shared Due To Obasanjo’s Failure To Adopt PDP/SDP by seunowa(f): 12:57pm On May 12, 2018
eejo:

Even if pdp wins kogi state...It will neva their cry of lamentation...because d real problems are left un-addressed

1 Like

Re: How Opposition Votes Will Be Shared Due To Obasanjo’s Failure To Adopt PDP/SDP by BigIyanga: 12:59pm On May 12, 2018
Dannyset:

No people in their right senses will want to have anything to do with PDP again. PDP ruined this country, and it will be a shame to have them back. Obj already has failed in his own quest already.
This is stale and moronic. APC is made up of over 85% ex PDP members

3 Likes

Re: How Opposition Votes Will Be Shared Due To Obasanjo’s Failure To Adopt PDP/SDP by eejo(m): 1:04pm On May 12, 2018
seunowa:

Even if pdp wins kogi state...It will neva their cry of lamentation...because d real problems are left un-addressed
lies by PDP victory kogi will change again never again APC
Re: How Opposition Votes Will Be Shared Due To Obasanjo’s Failure To Adopt PDP/SDP by eejo(m): 1:07pm On May 12, 2018
dustmalik:

My state will never vote for PDP again. You should talk about your own state.
you can only brag about your own only vote the people will choose who to vote
Re: How Opposition Votes Will Be Shared Due To Obasanjo’s Failure To Adopt PDP/SDP by Dannyset(m): 1:46pm On May 12, 2018
BigIyanga:

This is stale and moronic. APC is made up of over 85% ex PDP members

Are you not the moro.n here?
Did you see anything like APC in what I wrote?

1 Like

Re: How Opposition Votes Will Be Shared Due To Obasanjo’s Failure To Adopt PDP/SDP by yabas(m): 3:35pm On May 12, 2018
eejo:

That is for governorship, Kogi has some die hard Buharist in the muslim areas.

1 Like

Re: How Opposition Votes Will Be Shared Due To Obasanjo’s Failure To Adopt PDP/SDP by yabas(m): 3:46pm On May 12, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Sen Ahmed Makarfi is can never win Buhari in the north, he can't win presidency. Atiku, Dankwanbo, Ibrahim Shekarau + a Yoruba vice, MAY do the magic

1 Like

Re: How Opposition Votes Will Be Shared Due To Obasanjo’s Failure To Adopt PDP/SDP by alhassanyusuf29(m): 4:22pm On May 12, 2018
[quote author=TonyeBarcanista post=67495577]The best bet for Obasanjo and his CNM is to dissolve and collapse all their structures into PDP, being the party that enjoys support of over 70% Nigerians at the moment.

Buhari will lose his reelection bid to Sen Ahmed Makarfi come February 2019.[/quoteTonyeBarcanista ]
Re: How Opposition Votes Will Be Shared Due To Obasanjo’s Failure To Adopt PDP/SDP by alhassanyusuf29(m): 4:23pm On May 12, 2018
Mr TonyeBarcanista! with all due respect regarding ur political inclination,but I find ur insinuation as a slight and slander to our sensibility ,what statistics,perimeter and method did u use in concluding that "PDP enjoys the support of 70% Nigerians?",is it base on social media hype or something within ur political circle I can't see beyond my nose?

since when did Nigeria start and end with SS/SE?,bcuz as far as I am concern,APC/Buhari's base in NW/NE, part of middle and SW is unshakable any day and anytime..and if u doubt me,let's place a bet PDP/makarfi/atiku won't win a state in NW/NE
TonyeBarcanista:

Re: How Opposition Votes Will Be Shared Due To Obasanjo’s Failure To Adopt PDP/SDP by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:28pm On May 12, 2018
Newbiee:
When he was loosing since 2003_he was not God sent then?
Re: How Opposition Votes Will Be Shared Due To Obasanjo’s Failure To Adopt PDP/SDP by jabor4Naija(m): 4:29pm On May 12, 2018
Make all dis ppl go rest na make young leaders come out na, abi dem wan rule dis country enter their grave?
Re: How Opposition Votes Will Be Shared Due To Obasanjo’s Failure To Adopt PDP/SDP by yabas(m): 4:42pm On May 12, 2018
alhassanyusuf29:
Mr TonyeBarcanista! with all due respect regarding ur political inclination,but I find ur insinuation as a slight and slander to our sensibility ,what statistics,perimeter and method did u use in concluding that "PDP enjoys the support of 70% Nigerians?",is it base on social media hype or something within ur political circle I can't see beyond my nose?

since when did Nigeria start and end with SS/SE?,bcuz as far as I am concern,APC/Buhari's base in NW/NE, part of middle and SW is unshakable any day and anytime..and if u doubt me,let's place a bet PDP/makarfi/atiku won't win a state in NW/NE

I totally agree with ur analysis there, even if we don't want to admit it, the truth is that Buhari may win again in 2019, the killings MAY continue till 2023 unless the opposition unite because Baba will take NW,NE, part of MiddleBelt and SouthWest, so how can he not win? Only those who don't want to be objective will argue.
Re: How Opposition Votes Will Be Shared Due To Obasanjo’s Failure To Adopt PDP/SDP by Nobody: 11:54am On May 13, 2018
yabas:

I totally agree with ur analysis there, even if we don't want to admit it, the truth is that Buhari may win again in 2019, the killings MAY continue till 2023 unless the opposition unite because Baba will take NW,NE, part of MiddleBelt and SouthWest, so how can he not win? Only those who don't want to be objective will argue.

He will not win. Never.
Re: How Opposition Votes Will Be Shared Due To Obasanjo’s Failure To Adopt PDP/SDP by yabas(m): 6:18pm On May 13, 2018
Fineman87:

He will not win. Never.

Lol, am not his fan but the facts and statistics favour him.
Re: How Opposition Votes Will Be Shared Due To Obasanjo’s Failure To Adopt PDP/SDP by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 13, 2018
yabas:

Lol, am not his fan but the facts and statistics favour him.

Wait and see bro.
Re: How Opposition Votes Will Be Shared Due To Obasanjo’s Failure To Adopt PDP/SDP by fykes(m): 4:25pm On Jul 06, 2018
This is d one grouse I have with obj. For an elder statesman, he acts like a child too often. What is it abt eating his words, hes done that already.
He said he ain't going back to partisan politics in 2015, and we have him back albeit subtly.
Why not adopt PDP subtly and take advantage of it's nationwide structures?
Tinubu has nothing on the southwest except the media which they deployed against PDP and Jonathan, something I think can be successfuly countered this time by a powerful coalition and obj's foreign contacts
Re: How Opposition Votes Will Be Shared Due To Obasanjo’s Failure To Adopt PDP/SDP by Idonmakeam: 12:14pm On Jul 08, 2018
Nigeria has to move on

(1) (Reply)

Lagos And The Nigerian Tribal Tragedy / Uduaghan Shocked People Believe There’s Fake Buhari In Aso Villa / Female Nigerian Troops Deployed To Fight Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.