Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,634 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:32 AM

Please Stop Self Medication, See serious Side Effects - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Stop Self Medication, See serious Side Effects (25868 Views)

What Self-medication Did To A UNIPORT Graduate / Abraham Okodugha: Self Medication Affects UNIPORT Graduate (Graphic Photos) / 6 Side Effects Of Eating Too Much Salt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Stop Self Medication, See serious Side Effects by Hairyrapunzel: 10:29pm On May 13, 2018
Jman06:
You will soon commit suicide from the way you are going over this issues. But in case you need a drug to facilitate the suicide, just send me a pm. I can help you with 10 tablets of digoxin.

Pharmacists are trained on the pathology of common ailments and so they can make diagnosis of those and recommend drugs appropriately. go and check the prospectus of any pharmacy school you know. Check what they study in clinical pharmacy from 400level to graduation. Some go as far as taking masters degree in public health.

They also work with medical laboratory scientists for better diagnosis.

Hey! my doctor friend, don't get yourself worked up! Study hard and specialize, we'll always refer patients to you when the need arises.

If you don't listen to the above advice, then come and get the digoxin and do the needful with it.

Medical laboratory scientists don't make diagnosis. You are still playing kalo kalo with peoples lives. Gambling with human lives just to make money of selling drugs. Murderer. No wonder you can't practice in any other country apart from Nigeria cos you love killing people. Well done. Making money from an already bad health system is your watchword. Refer ke? What do you know you are referring? Lol.
So now is pharmacists are trained on pathology of common ailments and no longer pathology of diseases? I know we will soon get to the part that you will say you didn't take any pathology courses.
Pathology taught by people who don't know jack about pathology (unqualified people) just to make money you practice quackery.

Well it's still self medication when pharmacists sell drugs to individuals without prescription.
Re: Please Stop Self Medication, See serious Side Effects by Hairyrapunzel: 10:35pm On May 13, 2018
6inches:
youve just been blaabing on almost all the threads about pharmacist, are you pained that some pharmacist earn more than your so called consultants, I have seen cases where some doctors can't perform simple appendectomy and your are here saying pharmacist have killed more people in Nigeria.next time when I see a wrong prescriptions by a doctor I will contact the necessary authority and sue the ass of that doctor.

No problem. Take it to the authority. When doctors see patients that have self medicated and are near death, they will drop them at your chemist so you can complete what you started. Simple.
Are you supposed to dispense drugs without prescription in the first place?
You are an enabler of drug abuse and you support self medication period.

1 Like

Re: Please Stop Self Medication, See serious Side Effects by presentley: 10:44pm On May 13, 2018
nifesi01:

I don't use drugs on mild cases it's only when it's severe,i contact my physician before taking any drug and I use it as prescribed.... You know some people don't only self medicate but they use overdose
I self medicate but I don't overdose.
We all know self medication isn't the best way to go but healthcare providers aren't helping either. Imagine conducting mp/widal for 1,500. Considering our exposure to mosquitoes and also prevalent cases of typhoid, MP/widal is often times the no1 required test in most hospital when you complain of certain symptoms at the hospital. Why should blood test be this costly? How many people can afford it? So someone will have symptoms of malaria now and you think he'ld not give some antimalaria a trial first, I must be honest, I do that too not because I can't afford the money for the test but I find paying such a ridiculous amount for a test I believe should be free and fortunately I do get better afterwards so no regrets. It used to be 1k prior before the upward review, I know it has to do with the economic reality on ground but if anything a test like MP&widal shouldn't be so pricey Going forward, I'ld probable adopt your style of approach.
Re: Please Stop Self Medication, See serious Side Effects by nifesi01(f): 10:56pm On May 13, 2018
presentley:

I self medicate but I don't overdose.
We all know self medication isn't the best way to go but healthcare providers aren't helping either. Imagine conducting mp/widal for 1,500. Considering our exposure to mosquitoes and also prevalent cases of typhoid, MP/widal is often times the no1 required test in most hospital when you complain of certain symptoms at the hospital. Why should blood test be this costly? How many people can afford it? So someone will have symptoms of malaria now and you think he'ld not give some antimalaria a trial first, I must be honest, I do that too not because I can't afford the money for the test but I find paying such a ridiculous amount for a test I believe should be free and fortunately I do get better afterwards so no regrets. It used to be 1k prior before the upward review, I know it has to do with the economic reality on ground but if anything a test like MP&widal shouldn't be so pricey Going forward, I'ld probable adopt your style of approach.
that's because there is no free kits to use
Re: Please Stop Self Medication, See serious Side Effects by presentley: 11:07pm On May 13, 2018
nifesi01:

that's because there is no free kits to use
it doesn't have to be free, neither should it be that pricey. You are being one sided jare and that should be because you probably one of them. Make una put the masses into consideration in your dealings o!!
Re: Please Stop Self Medication, See serious Side Effects by Nobody: 8:03am On May 14, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Medical laboratory scientists don't make diagnosis. You are still playing kalo kalo with peoples lives. Gambling with human lives just to make money of selling drugs. Murderer. No wonder you can't practice in any other country apart from Nigeria cos you love killing people. Well done. Making money from an already bad health system is your watchword. Refer ke? What do you know you are referring? Lol.
So now is pharmacists are trained on pathology of common ailments and no longer pathology of diseases? I know we will soon get to the part that you will say you didn't take any pathology courses.
Pathology taught by people who don't know jack about pathology (unqualified people) just to make money you practice quackery.

Well it's still self medication when pharmacists sell drugs to individuals without prescription.

They are lucky to be in a country like Nigeria. Ordinarily they should be in jail.
Re: Please Stop Self Medication, See serious Side Effects by nifesi01(f): 2:11pm On May 14, 2018
presentley:
it doesn't have to be free, neither should it be that pricey. You are being one sided jare and that should be because you probably one of them. Make una put the masses into consideration in your dealings o!!
Make the kit sellers consider us all too
Re: Please Stop Self Medication, See serious Side Effects by Hairyrapunzel: 10:16am On May 23, 2018
Angelfrost:

I agree with you in parts. But, what you fail to understand or accept is that medical care is not readily available to over 80% of Nigerians, and Africans as a whole. Can you imagine the number of hours people queue in hospitals just to see physicians? Is that remotely normal?
If not for the efforts of well-trained pharmacists at community level, most sick people would die on a mind-blowing level daily... You guys should agitate for better, more affordable and accessible healthcare, cos if this were available pharmacists won't have become the first point of call for most treatments.
No matter how you want to put it it is still a wrong practice. You still don't know jack about diseases and their management. You guys have killed so many Nigerians via your methods.
Re: Please Stop Self Medication, See serious Side Effects by Youwin1(m): 12:03pm On May 23, 2018
Education is the key, when you don't know the harm your are doing to yourself via self medication. Let us keep telling everyone around of its danger.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Handle Antibiotics With Care / Coronavirus: Algeria, Morocco, Other Countries Evacuate Citizens From China / Kano Records First Coronavirus Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.