Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) (24514 Views)

Here Is How Airtel Is Making The Stay At Home Easier And Profitable For Everyone / How Airtel Nigeria Gives Out Your Phone Number To Others Without Notifying You / My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by emajoe: 7:39am On Jul 10, 2018
Thanks very much.

I dialed the *902# and the option 2.

The prompt was to select the item from the list:
Na ehn!, come see list.
I kukuma de stroll one by one while returning to "0" main menu to do my counter onslaught.

The Airtel promised to free them after 30 mins.
I believe them.

Note:
Always watch what pops up immediately you end your call, it may not actually be the tariff account alert while the option will be an "OK" to be initiated.

SOLUTION:
Press escape and the tarriff thing will pop up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by Newsprex(m): 7:39am On Jul 10, 2018
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by davidif: 7:40am On Jul 10, 2018
If this was a serious country, criminal charges would have been brought against the management of this company but too bad its Nigeria.
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 10, 2018
Its annoying, I've complained several times to their very rude customer care representatives, all to no avail.
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by Nobody: 7:44am On Jul 10, 2018
....those corporate criminals have subjected me to same fraudulent deductions!
......nig needs a serious govt .
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by LazyNairalander(m): 7:47am On Jul 10, 2018
How do I do night browsing na that one dey sweet me pass.

check my SIGNATURE
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by ehinmowo: 7:53am On Jul 10, 2018
Airtel is the most scamming network in d world.
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by Just2endowed2(m): 7:56am On Jul 10, 2018
Get urself old opera mini.... Hehehehe cheesy

I never for once update opera mini since 2014. I have the back up file save in anywhere I can save..... All there latest update are data draining and network use it to subscribe you to their useless service.

On installing, bookmark comes clean

Get the old opera mini

Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by chairman00100: 7:56am On Jul 10, 2018
mutvy:
If you want them to unsubscribe you, do not recharge for 1 month or 2 months in extreme cases. I have tried it and it worked.

they will eventually start again, watch it, I tried it and they waited for sometime and it became worse, the best solution is to stop recharging completely, get another sim and gradually phase them out, I used to think that mtn are thieves until I started using airtel and found that airtel are worse than armed robbers, YOU will just wake and you will see that "you have been subscribed" to whatever they chose. And the worst is that they have only automated machines as customer care
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by Mordecai(m): 7:59am On Jul 10, 2018
beejay247:
So I am not the only one they do this to.... ;

Whenever this happens, I do go to twitter to cause trouble and I will drag NCC, CPC

Just forget getting your money back because that won't happen

Those people are thieves and trying to put the blame on the customer, saying you click on the pop up... sad

I got mine back. In full. And it's kinda simple...
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by kokomaster3d: 8:01am On Jul 10, 2018
BrainArk:
I am victim of this their wickedness, I have called them times without number to deactivate it, which they will tell me they've done only to continue deducting my airtime. The only reason I am still using the sim is because it is attached to my bank account, and I am to lazy to go and change it yet.

But you can port to another network nah
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by victorian(f): 8:04am On Jul 10, 2018
Buy credit u can use immediately that minute and leave it empty.. Then try and have another sim from either glo or mtn with enough credit to call in case of emergency at time. That's how I operate mine. On mtn I have enough credit seating duck until I need it, but Airtel, if I want to subscribe 1month internet, I buy 1k and subscribe immediately, and my account is empty. They can't deduct nothing afterwards.
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by emmy9500: 8:09am On Jul 10, 2018
What of me that only use Chrome and share hotspot with my system yet Airtel on a single day collected ₦200 from me
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by Tunde1986: 8:10am On Jul 10, 2018
It is sad, but I think some of the solutions shared above would be helpful.
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by ashjay001(m): 8:11am On Jul 10, 2018
BrainArk:
I am victim of this their wickedness, I have called them times without number to deactivate it, which they will tell me they've done only to continue deducting my airtime. The only reason I am still using the sim is because it is attached to my bank account, and I am to lazy to go and change it yet.

Yeah! Same sh*t!

I recharge via bonus *126*1*...# only!

Sub directly.

Dem go tay there.

Glo tried that sh*t, I called severally too, no response. I just abandoned d line. Resumed, after like 4mnths hiatus, no more deductions. I've been using d line since 2003, I cant let it go.
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by lenghtinny(m): 8:13am On Jul 10, 2018
When I got tired of the incessant deductions, I had to migrate to talkmore because they can't deduct the useless vas from my talkmore account while I leave my main account empty
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by Yuneehk(f): 8:13am On Jul 10, 2018
HotMayo:
I no longer recharge my airtel line unless I want to subscribe for a plan which I do sharp sharp. ndi ori airtel
This is me. The line's just for subscribing so once I subscribe, I don't recharge on it for whatsoever reason if not I'll be looking for #10 the next day

1 Like

Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by dominique(f): 8:20am On Jul 10, 2018
victorian:
Buy credit u can use immediately that minute and leave it empty.. Then try and have another sim from either glo or mtn with enough credit to call in case of emergency at time. That's how I operate mine. On mtn I have enough credit seating duck until I need it, but Airtel, if I want to subscribe 1month internet, I buy 1k and subscribe immediately, and my account is empty. They can't deduct nothing afterwards.

That's exactly what I do as well, I recgarge just once a month to subscribe. The highest amount you can find on my airtel line is N10

2 Likes

Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by bakeuhappy: 8:24am On Jul 10, 2018
Tokziby:
I have been facing similar problem and i have had to call them on 3 different occasions to remove me. They usually say i have up to six subscription on my line like learning french, ebooks and stuffs.

My believe is that Airtel are complacent of this scam cos its making money for them. I told them that, how is it possible for pop-ups to have direct access to ur line to the point of deducting ur call credit without Airtel notifying the customer via sms. For any third party to charge ur line, its the responsibility of the line provider to notify for consent either to type YES or NO via sms, in order to know if its a scam or u consent to it.

Since Airtel are not going the extra mile to protect the customer from these scams i believe they should be charged cos thats exposure of personal data to third party without any form of consent.

I will be very happy if we can open a thread specially for these type of scams and we come together to bombard their social media space.

How can someone be sitting in his home, creating an advanced yahoo yahhoo, to be stealing millions of naira per day. angry angry angry and nobody is trying to stop them

I'm with you all the way.. If we can make this post go viral so everyone who has been affected in one way or the other speaks up. .. We can Institute a class action.

Let's put a stop to this..
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by Richimills(m): 8:25am On Jul 10, 2018
with the money they make per sec
their heartless soul still wantonly steal from the poor masses.
I have fallen victim severally,as soon as I'm connected to their customer care,i seriously bash and curse them.
I think I'm free from their scheme,cause it's been a while
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by victorian(f): 8:36am On Jul 10, 2018
dominique:

That's exactly what I do as well, I recgarge just once a month to subscribe. The highest amount you can find on my airtel line is N10

That's it.

There are so many ways of killing a rat. And Airtel has made us wise. They think they are cunning, those bloody thieves!.
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by ArcherPrime(m): 8:36am On Jul 10, 2018
Somebody needs to sue Airtel and drain their Account angry useless network angry

From 200 card to 70... Naira..
Na wa sad
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by Amberon11: 8:45am On Jul 10, 2018
Tell them next time to give you the NCC code for deactivating it.
BrainArk:
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by Sleemy4shizzle(m): 8:51am On Jul 10, 2018
Oh..... Me I have complained and complained..... What I simply did was to port out of the network shikena!!!
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by diplomat058(m): 8:58am On Jul 10, 2018
nerd51:

Please what's their customer care number...anytime I call 121, computer will just be telling me rubbish
The customer care code is 121.

If you want to speak to the agent, just follow the 1-2-3-9 pattern and it will place you on a call with one of their agents.
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by E2power3: 8:59am On Jul 10, 2018
I have suffered much in the hands of Airtel that I'm even contemplating a change to another service provider that would have the courtesy of asking me first if I'm interested in any VAS before my money is deducted by force!!!
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by pally123: 9:04am On Jul 10, 2018
I once recharged my phone with 500 Naira airtime only for them to deduct the whole 500 Naira. When I called customer service, she said I had borrowed 500 Naira "last week". O boy, I wan mad ni!
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by evavista: 9:07am On Jul 10, 2018
I don't use opera mini, and I am facing the same issue, I have never subscribe to the services but they add me to it and deduct my money, that's daylight fraud

1 Like

Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 10, 2018
beejay247:
So I am not the only one they do this to.... ;

Whenever this happens, I do go to twitter to cause trouble and I will drag NCC, CPC

Just forget getting your money back because that won't happen

Those people are thieves and trying to put the blame on the customer, saying you click on the pop up... sad
It is possible
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by Ijaya123: 9:19am On Jul 10, 2018
BrainArk:

Port to another network and still retain your number, simple.
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by BumbleDevil: 9:22am On Jul 10, 2018
mutvy:
If you want them to unsubscribe you, do not recharge for 1 month or 2 months in extreme cases. I have tried it and it worked.

I have not recharged for 4 months and these airtel idiots wont let me rest with their SCAM. Airtel is full of shit.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

XpressVerify's Access To Nigerians' NIN, Data: FG To Investigate Breach / Which Phone Did You Regret Ever Using? / Why Size Matters A Lot To Nigerians – @itelmobileng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.