Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,238 members, 7,822,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) (24517 Views)

Here Is How Airtel Is Making The Stay At Home Easier And Profitable For Everyone / How Airtel Nigeria Gives Out Your Phone Number To Others Without Notifying You / My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by macuwon(m): 9:22am On Jul 10, 2018
This people steal 50- 100 naira from me daily and trust me it's not about clicking anything, I don't even use operamini, they'll just target you when you have airtime on your phone. I have called in the past and cursed. Money can't be refunded
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by spyg1(m): 9:27am On Jul 10, 2018
BrainArk:
I am victim of this their wickedness, I have called them times without number to deactivate it, which they will tell me they've done only to continue deducting my airtime. The only reason I am still using the sim is because it is attached to my bank account, and I am to lazy to go and change it yet.
contact NCC, make sure you include the airtel customer care reference number. they deducted my airtime for over four months and that was the solution.
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by ArcGibson(m): 9:29am On Jul 10, 2018
Same with me. They subscribe me without my knowledge and deduct 10 10naira every 2hrs for Value Added Service.
This is madness and it must be stopped.
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by CDCEO001: 9:37am On Jul 10, 2018
All Nigerian network providers companies, especially Airtel and MTN are all criminals.
What they do to their user here, they cannot do it in a sane country.
They take advantage of any little opportunity they can find to cheat on their customers.
Though they all have some advantages over each other.

Recently, I started noticing N20 or N25 being removed from my airtel balance almost every day. I will just save little money to enjoy night browsing, and when is time to subscribe there will balance left.
I Had to call their customer service and asked them what they subscribed for me, she said is sms something or whatever she called. Who subscribed am? Oya remove every services in my account and auto renewal.
They said it will take 24hrs or so, it still happens after like a week. I think it has stopped now.

That's how they'll be helping you renew your subscription like say them be good people, because they see money in your account.
Even when you subscribe to a day data, you are now in trouble if you don't opt out.

If you call MTN for auto renewal data refund, they will tell you is not possible, they can only opt you out of future auto renewal until you subscribe again.
But Airtel will promise to refund you within 24hrs or there about, as long as you did not use any of the data. But they will keep delaying for days until you will be tempted to on your data, and is the data you want refund on that will be used and you won't get the refund.
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by foster212: 9:44am On Jul 10, 2018
Here is how to deactivate:
Via SMS : Send SMS: STOP to 155223
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by Jblaze1: 9:47am On Jul 10, 2018
Ok this one make sense.... undecided

NEXT. angry

whatmoreng:
Wondered how you subscribe to these credit sucking value added services? Here is what happened when you unintentionally click these icons while browsing.

I discovered that when I clicked on 'singAlong' or 'Your bible' on my operamini home page, Airtel just subscribe me to the service without first hinting me what it's all about. With no way of unsubscribing.
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by themodernman: 9:50am On Jul 10, 2018
BrainArk:
I am victim of this their wickedness, I have called them times without number to deactivate it, which they will tell me they've done only to continue deducting my airtime. The only reason I am still using the sim is because it is attached to my bank account, and I am to lazy to go and change it yet.

You can port your line bro, I'm currently reasoning along that same axis too meen...
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by Ligxy(f): 10:18am On Jul 10, 2018
mutvy:
If you want them to unsubscribe you, do not recharge for 1 month or 2 months in extreme cases. I have tried it and it worked.

I actually borrowed 500 for over 2 months now. Shey they think they're stupid?? Me sef ready for them. Ediats!!
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by kpaofame: 10:25am On Jul 10, 2018
I have a separate twitter account for calling them out...my timeline is full of complains... They have reverted some of the money deducted and some others went like that... NCC should try and implement more stringent sanctions against them once a case of illegal deducted is confirmed
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by jantofubu(m): 10:42am On Jul 10, 2018
BrainArk:

Bro dial *121# then click on billings, navigate to vas and choose d stop option
Alternativly
Send STOP to 902
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by ChildOfDoom: 10:54am On Jul 10, 2018
Me too. Airtel annoyingly sucks people's card
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by dtnbaba: 11:05am On Jul 10, 2018
I once had a similar issue and this was how i tackled it. I deactivated the service immediately and then dialed *2442# to activate their DND (do not disturb) service on my line. i initially chose the partial DND option and later went for the full option to enable me not to get unsolicited contents and SMS from their network. i hope this will also work for you.
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by TR1212: 11:05am On Jul 10, 2018
jantofubu:

Bro dial *121# then click on billings, navigate to vas and choose d stop option
Alternativly
Send STOP to 902

That'll only stop active subscriptions. It does nothing to prevent subsequent ones. And for me, sometimes, I get a response that there are no active subscriptions on my line, yet money kept going!!
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by odysey: 11:12am On Jul 10, 2018
whatmoreng:
Wondered how you subscribe to these credit sucking value added services? Here is what happened when you unintentionally click these icons while browsing.

I discovered that when I clicked on 'singAlong' or 'Your bible' on my operamini home page, Airtel just subscribe me to the service without first hinting me what it's all about. With no way of unsubscribing.

to unsubscribe send stop to 2442 or call 622 toll free to report them

you can also sue them for millions reach to a good lawyer or a lawyer that has won such a case
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by ruffhandu: 11:19am On Jul 10, 2018
BrainArk:

You don't need to go change your number at the bank, port to another network with the same sim. But pls don't port to etisalat, unless you don't browse with the sim.

They have delt with me. I had spent ample time of my busy schedule calling their customer service. Airtel and etisalat are the worst of this for now. I am still watching MTN with one corner of my eye.

And the worst is, many Nigerians do not know that's what they do because they steal these monies in bits. Once is a while, I leave small money in my phone and discipline myself not to use it but just be checking balance every now and then. After a week, if they don't steal anything, then I know I'm safe at the moment.
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by ireke(m): 11:42am On Jul 10, 2018
beejay247:
So I am not the only one they do this to.... ;

Whenever this happens, I do go to twitter to cause trouble and I will drag NCC, CPC

Just forget getting your money back because that won't happen

Those people are thieves and trying to put the blame on the customer, saying you click on the pop up... sad

I followed up and got my money back. It was 50naira but you should know it's not just about the money. People called me a hungry man but who cares. I porbably can feed the generation of some of those people. Funny enough that was the last time I noticed their deductions. No be say I too dey check before self.
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by yungcaptol(m): 12:52pm On Jul 10, 2018
i am victims of this as well. pls how can i unsubscribe from it
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by beejay247: 1:09pm On Jul 10, 2018
ireke:

I followed up and got my money back. It was 50naira but you should know it's not just about the money. People called me a hungry man but who cares. I porbably can feed the generation of some of those people. Funny enough that was the last time I noticed their deductions. No be say I too dey check before self.

You are right.. Not always about the money but that feeling.. They make someone look like a fool and helpless.. They always think they are untouchable.
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by Baddest1(m): 2:25pm On Jul 10, 2018
Just call customer care and tell them to blacklist your number from 902 services. My credit hasn't been deducted since then.
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by SoaringLife01: 2:26pm On Jul 10, 2018
Airtel is a BIG SCAM...they keep adding you to their packages without your consent.
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 10, 2018
So am not alone on this....they always deduct #100 from my account too,in fact I sent countless mails to their customer care but they never replied me. AIRTEL ARE DOING THIS INTENTIONALLY AND IT'S A CRIMINAL OFFENSE .I BELIEVE THIS IS PART OF THE REASON WHY THEY MAKE IT NOW IMPOSSIBLE TO GET THEM VIA THEIR CUSTOMER CARE LINE. OP,GOD BLESS YOU FOR THIS POST ,AT LEAST SOMEHOW THEY WILL GET TO SEE IT AND KNOW THAT WE ARE AWARE OF THEIR CRIMINAL ACTIVITY.
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by daveblessed(m): 2:50pm On Jul 10, 2018
Ah don complain give customer care tire... Still no changes.. Between yesterday and today, they've deducted close to N100, for services ah didn't request for... The matter just weak me
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by Johnepaul: 6:47am On Jul 11, 2018
Omo one other thing I got to knw is that u need to place your line on DND by sending stop to 2442. But this can bar all incoming OTP and SMS u might need. So send HELP to 2442 to select the messages you want to bar. Y'all can thank me later.
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by Toluene7: 9:21am On Jul 11, 2018
Johnepaul:
Omo one other thing I got to knw is that u need to place your line on DND by sending stop to 2442. But this can bar all incoming OTP and SMS u might need. So send HELP to 2442 to select the messages you want to bar. Y'all can thank me later.

For those who don't know. OTP (One Time Password) refers to the messages you get from banks when you want to carry out online transactions. DND will block these when you do Full DND. So partial DND is the way to go and this can be achieved when you send HELP to 2442. From there you can select the services you want to block. e.g, wasp services.
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by nerd51(f): 11:10pm On Jul 11, 2018
diplomat058:
The customer care code is 121.

If you want to speak to the agent, just follow the 1-2-3-9 pattern and it will place you on a call with one of their agents.

Thanks
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by CaesarDon(m): 6:12pm On Jul 13, 2018
airtel are big time crooks

I created a thread on nairaland and contacted NCC when the rip-offs where too much

the still deduct credit from my phone after sending stop to 2442

and the baffling part is that they don't even send the messages for the alleged services you subscribe for

NCC still haven't done enough to checkmate their excesses cos I've reported them countless times
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by Buffalowings3(m): 9:54am On Jul 17, 2018
Tokziby:
I have been facing similar problem and i have had to call them on 3 different occasions to remove me. They usually say i have up to six subscription on my line like learning french, ebooks and stuffs.

My believe is that Airtel are complacent of this scam cos its making money for them. I told them that, how is it possible for pop-ups to have direct access to ur line to the point of deducting ur call credit without Airtel notifying the customer via sms. For any third party to charge ur line, its the responsibility of the line provider to notify for consent either to type YES or NO via sms, in order to know if its a scam or u consent to it.

Since Airtel are not going the extra mile to protect the customer from these scams i believe they should be charged cos thats exposure of personal data to third party without any form of consent.

I will be very happy if we can open a thread specially for these type of scams and we come together to bombard their social media space.

How can someone be sitting in his home, creating an advanced yahoo yahhoo, to be stealing millions of naira per day. angry angry angry and nobody is trying to stop them
Lol
This kind yahoo yahoo make sense die grin
Re: How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) by avalon7(m): 2:50pm On Dec 10, 2018
send 'NO' to 2868

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Phone Did You Regret Ever Using? / XpressVerify's Access To Nigerians' NIN, Data: FG To Investigate Breach / Why Size Matters A Lot To Nigerians – @itelmobileng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.