Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,154 members, 7,953,584 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:50 PM

U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday (26560 Views)

Israel Raids Al-Aqsa Mosque In Jerusalem Again; 152 Worshippers Injured / U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked; Iraqi Security Forces Kill Protester / Nigeria, 33 Countries That Attended USA Opening Of Embassy In Jerusalem (List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by HallaDaTruth: 11:37am On May 15, 2018
1stolax:

Lol
How retarded are you?
So you think all those wars is truly fought by Isreal?
Ignorance will kill you.
Fyfi, Isreal has been fighting under USA's skirt.
If USA stops stopping Isreal today, they are doomed for life. It will only take country like Iran 5 minutes to exterminate them.
Really, do you actually believe this crap you just wrote
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by OFFICIAL336: 11:42am On May 15, 2018
1stolax:

Lol
Dear morọn, please quote where 72 virgins is referenced in the holy Qur'an.

Meanwhile, see the laws Jesus came to fulfill.

Death to Followers of Other Religions

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Kill Nonbelievers

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)
Lemme educate you on christianity

No body is put right with God by doing what the law says. What the law does is to make people know that they have sinned (Roman 3:20, Philipians 3:9)

The law was not perfect because it continuously impute the sins of the people on them. It was given to act as a teacher till Christ comes. (Hebrew 8:13, Hebrew 7:18; 8:7; 9:10)

Now, Jesus is the end of the law (Roman 10:4, Galatians 3:23-end, Ephesians 2:15, Roman 6:14, Roman 7:4-6; 14-25, Hebrew 7:18)

But He operated under that law to redeem those who were under the law (Galatians 4:4)

Jesus is the fulfillment of the law (Luke 16:16).

Now people are put right with God by believing in Jesus (Roman 3:22)

You moslems can never understand Christianity. Christianity is never Judaism nor Judeo-Christianity. We are Christians and the basis of our faith are contained in Matthew to Revelation.

Next time, quote Jesus.
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 15, 2018
OFFICIAL336:

Lemme educate you on christianity

No body is put right with God by doing what the law says. What the law does is to make people know that they have sinned (Roman 3:20, Philipians 3:9)

The law was not perfect because it continuously impute the sins of the people on them. It was given to act as a teacher till Christ comes. (Hebrew 8:13, Hebrew 7:18; 8:7; 9:10)

Now, Jesus is the end of the law (Roman 10:4, Galatians 3:23-end, Ephesians 2:15, Roman 6:14, Roman 7:4-6; 14-25, Hebrew 7:18)

But He operated under that law to redeem those who were under the law (Galatians 4:4)

Jesus is the fulfillment of the law (Luke 16:16).

Now people are put right with God by believing in Jesus (Roman 3:22)

You moslems can never understand Christianity. Christianity is never Judaism nor Judeo-Christianity. We are Christians and the basis of our faith are contained in Matthew to Revelation.

Next time, quote Jesus.
Shut up!
You think you're talking a fellow mumu like you who can twist the obvious to suit himself or get brainwashed?
JESUS SAID HE CAME TO FULFILL THE LAWS AND NOT COME TO CONDEMN IT.
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by OFFICIAL336: 12:26pm On May 15, 2018
1stolax:

Shut up!
You think you're talking a fellow mumu like you who can twist the obvious to suit himself or get brainwashed?
JESUS SAID HE CAME TO FULFILL THE LAWS AND NOT COME TO CONDEMN IT.
I am not surprised, Islam is synonymous with illiteracy. Jesus is the fulfillment of that law, He operated under it to redeem those who are living under the law, His death brought it to an end. Read those Bible passages.
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 15, 2018
OFFICIAL336:

I am not surprised, Islam is synonymous with illiteracy. Jesus is the fulfillment of that law, He operated under it to redeem those who are living under the law, His death brought it to an end. Read those Bible passages.
How retardẹd are you?

You must be very stupìd

Matthew 5:17-19 English Standard Version (ESV)

Christ Came to Fulfill the Law
17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 15, 2018
Demmzy15:
Who told you I support Iran? grin Israel and Iran are the same, except that Iran is worse and has more Muslim blood on their hands than Israel. Both are one and the same, blood thirsty killers

Israel is fighting for survival.

Read about that nation from 1948.

If you are a nation in the midst of your enemies like Israel (read about the hostility of her neighbors) what will you do?

If Palestine were to lay down their guns tomorrow, there would be no war. If Israel were to lay down theirs, there would be no Israel - Benjamin Netanyahu

What do you think?
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by obonujoker(m): 4:33pm On May 15, 2018
1stolax:

How retardẹd are you?

You must be very stupìd

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Someone who understands what christianity is, tells you something, and you who isn't a Christian is telling him he is wrong...
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by OFFICIAL336: 5:16pm On May 15, 2018
1stolax:

How retardẹd are you?

You must be very stupìd

Stop displaying unnecessary stupidity here. Jesus is the fulfillment of the law, he operated under it to liberate those who are under the law. His death brought an end to that law. The law was effective throughout his life and his death fulfill the law thereby bringing it to an end. The death of Jesus is the fulfillment of the law. So you are teaching the Bible the bible now. So pathetic.
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by Demmzy15(m): 5:39pm On May 15, 2018
jusRadical:

Israel is fighting for survival.

Read about that nation from 1948.

If you are a nation in the midst of your enemies like Israel (read about the hostility of her neighbors) what will you do?

If Palestine were to lay down their guns tomorrow, there would be no war. If Israel were to lay down theirs, there would be no Israel - Benjamin Netanyahu

What do you think?
Do you really think Israel fought all the wars from 1948 all by it self? I just want to remind you that, just as y'all have your prophecies and are jubilating. Muslims have theirs and we would also jubilate, it's a matter of time. One thing Israel and many Jews lack is patience, and Muslims have this. Takeover of Jerusalem from Muslims isn't happening for the first time, it has happened before. So enjoy why it lasts
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 15, 2018
OFFICIAL336:

Stop displaying unnecessary stupidity here. Jesus is the fulfillment of the law, he operated under it to liberate those who are under the law. His death brought an end to that law. The law was effective throughout his life and his death fulfill the law thereby bringing it to an end. The death of Jesus is the fulfillment of the law. So you are teaching the Bible the bible now. So pathetic.
fool
where is it written that his the is the fulfillment of any laws?
confused m0ron
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 15, 2018
obonujoker:

Someone who understands what christianity is, tells you something, and you who isn't a Christian is telling him he is wrong...
Shut up!
what do you know about Christianity and it's history apart from what your pastor tells you?
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by OFFICIAL336: 6:13pm On May 15, 2018
1stolax:

fool
where is it written that his the is the fulfillment of any laws?
confused m0ron
A terrorist can only lecture using a terror manual not Bible. Read those passages I gave you lazy terrorist.
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by Nobody: 6:15pm On May 15, 2018
OFFICIAL336:

A terrorist can only lecture using a terror manual not Bible. Read those passages I gave you lazy terrorist.
lol
A m0ron can not lecture an enlighten one.
You obviously don't know anything. Even your bible.
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 15, 2018
Demmzy15:
Do you really think Israel fought all the wars from 1948 all by it self? I just want to remind you that, just as y'all have your prophecies and are jubilating. Muslims have theirs and we would also jubilate, it's a matter of time. One thing Israel and many Jews lack is patience, and Muslims have this. Takeover of Jerusalem from Muslims isn't happening for the first time, it has happened before. So enjoy why it lasts

Take over Jerusalem from muslims?

Are you serious? How old is Islam and how old are Israel and Jerusalem?
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by Demmzy15(m): 7:51pm On May 15, 2018
jusRadical:

Take over Jerusalem from muslims?

Are you serious? How old is Islam and how old are Israel and Jerusalem?
You apparently don't know history, Jerusalem existed well before the Jews. The Canaanites controlled it for over 1000 years before the Jews, they were massacred by the Jews who then controlled it for just 250 years. The city then switched controls from the Persians to the Romans and then Byzantines Christians. All this was before Islam, when Islam came, it controlled the city for more than 1200 years with a break of 86 years when the crusaders took it over and massacred the inhabitants. Muslims came back and took it over and controlled it till first world War, so be rest assured it'll be returned back to Muslims whether you like it or not. So enjoy while it lasts
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by Nobody: 8:35pm On May 15, 2018
Demmzy15:
You apparently don't know history, Jerusalem existed well before the Jews. The Canaanites controlled it for over 1000 years before the Jews, they were massacred by the Jews who then controlled it for just 250 years. The city then switched controls from the Persians to the Romans and then Byzantines Christians. All this was before Islam, when Islam came, it controlled the city for more than 1200 years with a break of 86 years when the crusaders took it over and massacred the inhabitants. Muslims came back and took it over and controlled it till first world War, so be rest assured it'll be returned back to Muslims whether you like it or not. So enjoy while it lasts

Good. So Israel was there before the muslims right?

So between Israel and muslims who has first hand claim on Jerusalem?

You see how you guys twist history. Why your assertion that muslims have always take it back and not Israel?
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by Demmzy15(m): 8:53pm On May 15, 2018
jusRadical:

Good. So Israel was there before the muslims right?

So between Israel and muslims who has first hand claim on Jerusalem?

You see how you guys twist history. Why your assertion that muslims have always take it back and not Israel?
You don't have sense at all, if you're basing it on who first got there then it's definitely not the Jews as they conquered it from the Canaanites. Present Canaanites are mostly Muslims now, I seriously don't why some Nigerian Christians refuse to think despite having a brain.
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by OFFICIAL336: 9:23pm On May 15, 2018
1stolax:

lol
A m0ron can not lecture an enlighten one.
You obviously don't know anything. Even your bible.
Enlighten one? I haff die. Enlightened somebody wey go still die by strapping bomb on his blokos, that one na enlightenment? A terrorist is teaching us the Bible, Good luck dude.
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by FriendNG: 9:47pm On May 15, 2018
Justice will prevail one day.
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by Nobody: 9:53pm On May 15, 2018
OFFICIAL336:

Enlighten one? I haff die. Enlightened somebody wey go still die by strapping bomb on his blokos, that one na enlightenment? A terrorist is teaching us the Bible, Good luck dude.
You'll die a miserable death in your confusion.
No Christian can ever have a fulfilled mind practicing that religion. It doesn't make sense and it will never make any.
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by OFFICIAL336: 8:11am On May 16, 2018
1stolax:

You'll die a miserable death in your confusion.
No Christian can ever have a fulfilled mind practicing that religion. It doesn't make sense and it will never make any.
In spite of your stupid fatwa Islam is still shrinking every hour. Go to any moslem dominated place and point out only one that is fully at peace. None. Not even Saudi. Peace is elusive in Islam. Remove that silly apostate law if Islam survive the next 5 years I will convert to that terror group. Look at what is happening in Paris. Islam is God's punishment for our sins.
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by Nobody: 8:25am On May 16, 2018
OFFICIAL336:

In spite of your stupid fatwa Islam is still shrinking every hour. Go to any moslem dominated place and point out only one that is fully at peace. None. Not even Saudi. Peace is elusive in Islam. Remove that silly apostate law if Islam survive the next 5 years I will convert to that terror group. Look at what is happening in Paris. Islam is God's punishment for our sins.
Lol
What a doIt
No religion is as violent as Christianity. Just negodo your Bible ; exodus, leviticus, deutoronomy etc and you'll agree with me.
The highest number of rapist and pedophilia today is your spiritual leaders.
Go to any Christian populated country and you will see the highest number of immoralities you can't even imagine.
The highest number of killers are Christians e.g
The crusaders, Adolf Hitler etc
You bastards have even legalized gay marriage.
You now have gay churches, Reverend fathers, priest etc.

Shameless fools
Miserable confused bastards

Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by OFFICIAL336: 7:23pm On May 16, 2018
1stolax:

Lol
What a doIt
No religion is as violent as Christianity. Just negodo your Bible ; exodus, leviticus, deutoronomy etc and you'll agree with me.
The highest number of rapist and pedophilia today is your spiritual leaders.
Go to any Christian populated country and you will see the highest number of immoralities you can't even imagine.
The highest number of killers are Christians e.g
The crusaders, Adolf Hitler etc
You bastards have even legalized gay marriage.
You now have gay churches, Reverend fathers, priest etc.

Shameless fools
Miserable confused bastards
No wonder you are an illiterate. I wonder how many times we need to remind you that Christian faith is based on Matthew to Revelation. I give up on you. Die this matter permanently, take your terrorist self outta of this mention.
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 16, 2018
OFFICIAL336:

No wonder you are an illiterate. I wonder how many times we need to remind you
that Christian faith is based on Matthew to Revelation. I give up on you
. Die this matter permanently, take your terrorist self outta of this mention.
Unbelievable!
Wow!
Never knew I was exchanging words with a d0lt.
I hope your pastor will be very proud of you.

Your Mathew that is so filled with fuckery and flaws.

I'll say it again, the Bible is just a fictional story book. There is no how that thing was written out of God's inspiration.

Problems with Joseph

Matthew and Luke disagree

Matthew and Luke give two contradictory genealogies for Joseph (Matthew 1:2-17 and Luke 3:23-38). They cannot even agree on who the father of Joseph was. Church apologists try to eliminate this discrepancy by suggesting that the genealogy in Luke is actually Mary's, even though Luke says explicitly that it is Joseph's genealogy (Luke 3:23). Christians have had problems reconciling the two genealogies since at least the early fourth century. It was then that Eusebius, a "Church Father," wrote in his The History of the Church, "each believer has been only too eager to dilate at length on these passages."

Problems with dates:

2. According to Matthew, Jesus was born during the reign of Herod the Great (Matthew 2:1). According to Luke, Jesus was born during the first census in Israel, while Quirinius was governor of Syria (Luke 2:2). This is impossible because Herod died in March of 4 BC and the census took place in 6 and 7 AD, about 10 years after Herod's death.

Where was Jesus born?

Both Matthew and Luke say that Jesus was born in Bethlehem. Matthew quotes Micah 5:2 to show that this was in fulfillment of prophecy. Actually, Matthew misquotes Micah (compare Micah 5:2 to Matthew 2:6). Although this misquote is rather insignificant, Matthew's poor understanding of Hebrew will have great significance later in his gospel.

Luke has Mary and Joseph travelling from their home in Nazareth in Galilee to Bethlehem in Judea for the birth of Jesus (Luke 2:4). Matthew, in contradiction to Luke, says that it was only after the birth of Jesus that Mary and Joseph resided in Nazareth, and then only because they were afraid to return to Judea (Matthew 2:21-23).

In order to have Jesus born in Bethlehem, Luke says that everyone had to go to the city of their birth to register for the census. This is absurd, and would have caused a bureaucratic nightmare. The purpose of the Roman census was for taxation, and the Romans were interested in where the people lived and worked, not where they were born (which they could have found out by simply asking rather than causing thousands of people to travel).

When did the last supper happen?

In Matthew, Mark and Luke the last supper takes place on the first day of the Passover (Matthew 26:17, Mark 14:12, Luke 22:7). In John's gospel it takes place a day earlier and Jesus is crucified on the first day of the Passover (John 19:14).

Who bought the Field of Blood?

a. In Matthew 27:7 the chief priests buy the field.

b. In Acts 1:18 Judas buys the field.

How did Judas die?

a. In Matthew 27:5 Judas hangs himself.

b. In Acts 1:18 he bursts open and his insides spill out.

c. According to the apostle Paul, neither of the above is true. Paul says Jesus appeared to "the twelve" after his resurrection. Mark 14:20 makes it clear that Judas was one of the twelve.

In Matthew 19:28, Jesus tells the twelve disciples, including Judas, that when Jesus rules from his throne, they will sit on twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Pieces of silver?

According to Matthew 26:15, the chief priests "weighed out thirty pieces of silver" to give to Judas. There are two things wrong with this:

a. There were no "pieces of silver" used as currency in Jesus' time - they had gone out of circulation about 300 years before.

b. In Jesus' time, minted coins were used - currency was not "weighed out."

By using phrases that made sense in Zechariah's time but not in Jesus' time Matthew once again gives away the fact that he creates events in his gospel to match "prophecies" he finds in the Old Testament.
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by OFFICIAL336: 11:43am On May 17, 2018
1stolax:

Unbelievable!
Wow!
Never knew I was exchanging words with a d0lt.
I hope your pastor will be very proud of you.

Your Mathew that is so filled with fuckery and flaws.

I'll say it again, the Bible is just a fictional story book. There is no how that thing was written out of God's inspiration.

Problems with Joseph

Matthew and Luke disagree

Matthew and Luke give two contradictory genealogies for Joseph (Matthew 1:2-17 and Luke 3:23-38). They cannot even agree on who the father of Joseph was. Church apologists try to eliminate this discrepancy by suggesting that the genealogy in Luke is actually Mary's, even though Luke says explicitly that it is Joseph's genealogy (Luke 3:23). Christians have had problems reconciling the two genealogies since at least the early fourth century. It was then that Eusebius, a "Church Father," wrote in his The History of the Church, "each believer has been only too eager to dilate at length on these passages."

Problems with dates:

2. According to Matthew, Jesus was born during the reign of Herod the Great (Matthew 2:1). According to Luke, Jesus was born during the first census in Israel, while Quirinius was governor of Syria (Luke 2:2). This is impossible because Herod died in March of 4 BC and the census took place in 6 and 7 AD, about 10 years after Herod's death.

Where was Jesus born?

Both Matthew and Luke say that Jesus was born in Bethlehem. Matthew quotes Micah 5:2 to show that this was in fulfillment of prophecy. Actually, Matthew misquotes Micah (compare Micah 5:2 to Matthew 2:6). Although this misquote is rather insignificant, Matthew's poor understanding of Hebrew will have great significance later in his gospel.

Luke has Mary and Joseph travelling from their home in Nazareth in Galilee to Bethlehem in Judea for the birth of Jesus (Luke 2:4). Matthew, in contradiction to Luke, says that it was only after the birth of Jesus that Mary and Joseph resided in Nazareth, and then only because they were afraid to return to Judea (Matthew 2:21-23).

In order to have Jesus born in Bethlehem, Luke says that everyone had to go to the city of their birth to register for the census. This is absurd, and would have caused a bureaucratic nightmare. The purpose of the Roman census was for taxation, and the Romans were interested in where the people lived and worked, not where they were born (which they could have found out by simply asking rather than causing thousands of people to travel).

When did the last supper happen?

In Matthew, Mark and Luke the last supper takes place on the first day of the Passover (Matthew 26:17, Mark 14:12, Luke 22:7). In John's gospel it takes place a day earlier and Jesus is crucified on the first day of the Passover (John 19:14).

Who bought the Field of Blood?

a. In Matthew 27:7 the chief priests buy the field.

b. In Acts 1:18 Judas buys the field.

How did Judas die?

a. In Matthew 27:5 Judas hangs himself.

b. In Acts 1:18 he bursts open and his insides spill out.

c. According to the apostle Paul, neither of the above is true. Paul says Jesus appeared to "the twelve" after his resurrection. Mark 14:20 makes it clear that Judas was one of the twelve.

In Matthew 19:28, Jesus tells the twelve disciples, including Judas, that when Jesus rules from his throne, they will sit on twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Pieces of silver?

According to Matthew 26:15, the chief priests "weighed out thirty pieces of silver" to give to Judas. There are two things wrong with this:

a. There were no "pieces of silver" used as currency in Jesus' time - they had gone out of circulation about 300 years before.

b. In Jesus' time, minted coins were used - currency was not "weighed out."

By using phrases that made sense in Zechariah's time but not in Jesus' time Matthew once again gives away the fact that he creates events in his gospel to match "prophecies" he finds in the Old Testament.
It seems you spend more time deceiving yourself in the Bible than reading your Terror Manual.

This is the last time I am going to educate you again because it seems you were programmed not to comprehend simple things.

Like I told you before, die that matter permanently. Every christian will be laughing at your poor understanding of the Bible.

To help you out, get book Manners and Customs of the Bible, it will help you to understand the Bible in context of the Ancient Jewish practices.

Ok, let's begin...

Jews maintain their accurate chronology. It was a public record you can easily get from the Temple. All they need to do is to copy them down.

I have three official names, a historian can decide to chose one from those 3, it doesn't mean he is wrong. Jesus genealogy was never in doubt, the Temple record maintains accurate chronology for each family.

About that piece of silver, there is nothing contradictory there, read with your eyes wide open. During the time Jesus, the Jews were using Roman coins with the inscription of Ceasar. The same Matthew you quoted never deny this (Matthew 22:20-22). The Priests gave Judas 30 piece of Roman coins which were in Silver exactly as was prophesied. The prophecy used the phrase "30 pieces of silver".

About the "Field of Blood", that field was bought with Judas' money when he left the coins on the Temple's floor. He hanged himself in the same field and bursted his belly in the process. Luke that wrote Act was a Doctor, while Matthew was an illiterate. He was direct while Luke was trying to be logical.

There is no where Paul said that and the Mark 14:20 you quoted is out of point.

Jesus knew Judas would betray him from the day he choose him, so he wasn't referring to Judas but to the 12. Judas was replaced after his death as prophesied by King David. He was never meant to be part of the 12 apostles that will sit with Jesus.

About the passover and crucifixion, there is no contradiction, just that it is too technical for you to understand. Use the Customs in the Bible to understand this. But lemme help you
Mark 14:12 "on the first day of the Festival of Unleavened Bread, the day the lambs for the passover mean were killed...
John 19:14 "it was almost noon before the day of the passover...
The passover is on Saturday, but it begins on Friday by 2 PM according to Jewish encyclopedia. This Friday is the day the lambs were killed because Jews were not allowed to do anything on Saturday. So both versions were saying the same thing, but your problem is understanding simple semantics just like in the Field of Blood.

Lastly, I will answer the question about the census during the time of Jesus.

But first you need to understand that the Bible was written in real time. It was never passed through oral tradition.

Luke was a trained physician and a great historian. He was never an illiterate.

Luke was also the writer of Acts. In Acts 5:37 he wrote referencing Gamaliel "after that, Judas the Galilean appeared during the census..." This Gamaliel was a great jewish rabbi whose live was documented by both Josephus the great Jewish historian and the Jewish Talmud.

If Luke was accurate about Gamaliel and the Census he was equally accurate about the Census during Jesus time.

What you people didn't understand is that the census wasn't a day something and it reoccurs at intervals.

Joseph traveled to Bethlehem to get enrolled. According to Roman law, each citizen should be counted in the land where they owned land. Joseph is from Bethlehem and so he had to travel to be registered in Bethlehem where he owns land.

There were evidence in Egyptian Papyri dated 104 that a roman census took place in Egypt and people were ordered to travel down to Egypt to get enrolled. The Egyptian census was repeated around 14 years.

There were also evidence that Governor Quirinus was Governor of Syria for 2 different times.

Your arguement was based on a census conducted in 7 AD according to Josephus at a time he was doing his second stint as Governor of Syria, but Luke said the census was the first during the time he was Governor.

Luke cannot contradict himself. He wrote both luke and Acts and in Acts he wrote about Gamaliel referencing the census Josephus talked about. In Luke he wrote about the first census not the second census of 7 AD.

Try again next time. The Bible was INSPIRED!
Next!
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by obonujoker(m): 11:55am On May 17, 2018
OFFICIAL336:

It seems you spend more time deceiving yourself in the Bible than reading your Terror Manual.

This is the last time I am going to educate you again because it seems you were programmed not to comprehend simple things.

Like I told you before, die that matter permanently. Every christian will be laughing at your poor understanding of the Bible.

To help you out, get book Manners and Customs of the Bible, it will help you to understand the Bible in context of the Ancient Jewish practices.

Ok, let's begin...

Jews maintain their accurate chronology. It was a public record you can easily get from the Temple. All they need to do is to copy them down.

I have three official names, a historian can decide to chose one from those 3, it doesn't mean he is wrong. Jesus genealogy was never in doubt, the Temple record maintains accurate chronology for each family.

About that piece of silver, there is nothing contradictory there, read with your eyes wide open. During the time Jesus, the Jews were using Roman coins with the inscription of Ceasar. The same Matthew you quoted never deny this (Matthew 22:20-22). The Priests gave Judas 30 piece of Roman coins which were in Silver exactly as was prophesied. The prophecy used the phrase "30 pieces of silver".

About the "Field of Blood", that field was bought with Judas' money when he left the coins on the Temple's floor. He hanged himself in the same field and bursted his belly in the process. Luke that wrote Act was a Doctor, while Matthew was an illiterate. He was direct while Luke was trying to be logical.

Jesus knew Judas would betray him from the day he choose him, so he wasn't referring to Judas but to the 12. Judas was replaced after his death as prophesied by King David. He was never meant to be part of the 12 apostles that will sit with Jesus.

About the passover and crucifixion, there is no contradiction, just that it is too technical for you to understand. Use the Customs in the Bible to understand this. But lemme help you
Mark 14:12 "on the first day of the Festival of Unleavened Bread, the day the lambs for the passover mean were killed...
The passover is on Saturday, but it begins on Friday by 2 PM according to Jewish encyclopedia. This Friday is the day the lambs were killed because Jews were not allowed to do anything on Saturday. So both versions were saying the same thing, but your problem is understanding simple semantics just like in the Field of Blood.

But first you need to understand that the Bible was written in real time. It was never passed through oral tradition.

Luke was also the writer of Acts. In Acts 5:37 he wrote referencing Gamaliel "after that, Judas the Galilean appeared during the census..." This Gamaliel was a great jewish rabbi whose live was documented by both Josephus the great Jewish historian and the Jewish Talmud.

If Luke was accurate about Gamaliel and the Census he was equally accurate about the Census during Jesus time.

What you people didn't understand is that the census wasn't a day something and it reoccurs at intervals.

Joseph traveled to Bethlehem to get enrolled. According to Roman law, each citizen should be counted in the land where they owned land. Joseph is from Bethlehem and so he had to travel to be registered in Bethlehem where he owns land.

There were evidence in Egyptian Papyri dated 104 that a roman census took place in Egypt and people were ordered to travel down to Egypt to get enrolled. The Egyptian census was repeated around 14 years.

There were also evidence that Governor Quirinus was Governor of Syria for 2 different times.

Your arguement was based on a census conducted in 7 AD according to Josephus at a time he was doing his second stint as Governor of Syria, but Luke said the census was the first during the time he was Governor.

Luke cannot contradict himself. He wrote both luke and Acts and in Acts he wrote about Gamaliel referencing the census Josephus talked about. In Luke he wrote about the first census not the second census of 7 AD.

Next!

Lol... u better leave that confused Islamist alone..someone that suppose to be planning on his 72 vurgins... grin
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by OFFICIAL336: 12:07pm On May 17, 2018
obonujoker:

Lol... u better leave that confused Islamist alone..someone that suppose to be planning on his 72 vurgins... grin
Seriously I am done with him. Can you imagine quoting a census that occurred few later to discredit the birth of Jesus when the author specifically mentioned that second census.

Can you imagine the guy said Joseph was supposed to be enrolled in Nazarate when the Roman law sid each man should be enrolled in the town he has land.

Can you imagine the fool he succeeded in making out of himself about the passover. Please what is the difference between the first day of the festival of unleavened bread when the lamb for the passover (Saturday) is killed (which is friday by 2pm) and by noon before the passover (Saturday).

If you name is A B and somebody calls you A and another B, is that contradiction?

If you use my money to buy a land, please bought the land?

Seriously I was embarrassed by his level of ignorance.
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by obonujoker(m): 12:13pm On May 17, 2018
OFFICIAL336:

Seriously I am done with him. Can you imagine quoting a census that occurred few later to discredit the birth of Jesus when the author specifically mentioned that second census.

Can you imagine the guy said Joseph was supposed to be enrolled in Nazarate when the Roman law sid each man should be enrolled in the town he has land.

Can you imagine the fool he succeeded in making out of himself about the passover. Please what is the difference between the first day of the festival of unleavened bread when the lamb for the passover (Saturday) is killed (which is friday by 2pm) and by noon before the passover (Saturday).

If you name is A B and somebody calls you A and another B, is that contradiction?

If you use my money to buy a land, please bought the land?

Seriously I was embarrassed by his level of ignorance.

That's what the Quran teaches them...
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by OFFICIAL336: 12:30pm On May 17, 2018
obonujoker:

That's what the Quran teaches them...
I don't think so, I believe their Alfas. Because their koran told them that if they ever have doubt about the message of Moh, they should check the Bible. Moh is trying to draw his legitimacy from the Bible, especially from the verse Jesus said I will not leave you comfortless, I will send a comforter, that spirit of the truth.
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by Nobody: 9:47am On May 19, 2018
OFFICIAL336:

Ok, let's begin...

Next!
You're a hypocritical fool and you'll die in your foolishness.

Instead of you to answer simple questions and address the issues, you're here rambling. Typically of a confused moronic Christian.

Keep fooling yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mitt Romney's Loss In Pictures / South Africans Ignore Appeal, Continue Attacks On Foreigners / US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.