Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,431 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday (26211 Views)

Israel Raids Al-Aqsa Mosque In Jerusalem Again; 152 Worshippers Injured / U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked; Iraqi Security Forces Kill Protester / Nigeria, 33 Countries That Attended USA Opening Of Embassy In Jerusalem (List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by BrownRoofRep: 4:20pm On May 13, 2018
fakeprophet:
Trump is a dictator, out of 128 countries is only 8 that supported Trump resolution
See your username, nothing to add!

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by MightySparrow: 4:25pm On May 13, 2018
Biblical prophecy coming true under our watch. the end is near, nearer than most us think. any serious reader should google Judah ben Samuel on the return of Jerusalem to Israel.

10 Likes

Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by hucienda: 4:26pm On May 13, 2018
This man is not a politician.

A typical politician promises and doesn't deliver - but not The Donald.

As a no nonsense business man, he just gets the job done as he promised.

I hope current and future politicians learn from him in this aspect.

12 Likes

Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by dermmy(m): 4:29pm On May 13, 2018
I don't hate Israel but i think this move violates international law. Those who love israel shouldn't come for my head o

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by AFONJACOW(m): 4:29pm On May 13, 2018
ISLAMBAD:
Headslammers will cry out blood today .

Matthew 24:35.. It says ..Heaven and earth will pass away but my words will never pass.

Indeed, the word of God has been fulfilled despite all the forces of darkness against it.

May Almighty God bless Donald Trump for a job well done for he's a God's sent. God just used him as a tool to fulfill his words.
bro abeg who will God going to use against Nigeria pharoah Buhari to deliver Nigeria from. destruction

11 Likes

Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by Nobody: 4:33pm On May 13, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
free yourself from metal slavery

you mean mental? lazy youth!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by buzodyke: 4:34pm On May 13, 2018
Moghalu4Pres:
So Trump insisted on his move?

Vote Prof Kingsley Chiedu Moghalu, Nigeria's best option. Former deputy CBN Gov; former UN chief.

Read his profile:

Kingsley Chiedu Moghalu was born in Lagos in 1963 as the first of five children of his parents. Nnewi, the famous commercial town in Anambra State, is his hometown. His late father Isaac Moghalu, a retired Permanent Secretary, was a Nigerian Foreign Service Officer in the 1960s. Kingsley and his parents lived first at Webb Road in Ikoyi, Lagos and later in Geneva, Switzerland and Washington DC, USA in his early years. His mother, Lady Vidah Moghalu, a retired dietician, is now a Christian evangelist. Kingsley’s Igbo name Chiedu literally means “the Lord is my shepherd” or “led by the Spirit of God”. Little-known, he also has a Yoruba name, Ayodele, given to him by the late Mrs. Fumilayo Ransome-Kuti who was a friend of his parents in the early sixties.

After secondary school education at Government College, Umuahia and Federal Government College, Enugu, Kingsley graduated in law from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) assignment as a Legal Officer in Shell Petroleum’s headquarters in Lagos followed. He then worked in the late 1980s as the General Counsel of the now-defunct Newswatch magazine, the leading light of the Nigerian media at the time. But his sights were set firmly on the global stage. To further burnish his CV, he moonlighted as a special correspondent for prestigious foreign newspapers including South magazine in London, Christian Science Monitor in Boston, and Africa News Service in North Carolina (now the Washington DC-based AllAfrica Global Media) in the United States.

Kingsley was admitted to the M.A. programme at The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy in 1990. With a letter of recommendation from Professor Bolaji Akinyemi, a former Foreign Affairs Minister of Nigeria and an alumnus of the renowned institution, The Fletcher School awarded Moghalu the Joan Gillespie Fellowship for future leaders from developing countries. The young man with the determination of a long-distance runner turned down an opportunity to become the company secretary of one of several new-generation banks sprouting in Lagos at the time and left Nigeria for Boston.

Kingsley Moghalu graduated with an M.A. in International Relations in 1992 and was appointed into the international civil service of the United Nations as an entry level officer on his individual merit. He worked in strategic planning, legal affairs and executive management roles in Cambodia, New York, Croatia, Tanzania, and Switzerland. A man who admits to having “workaholic tendencies”, he studied part-time and obtained a Ph.D. at the London School of Economics and Political Science while working as a senior UN officer assigned to The Global Fund in Geneva, Switzerland. Shuttling between Geneva and London, and in between frequent international official missions to various countries, he completed his 500-page doctoral dissertation in 12 months, shattering previous records at the University of London. As if a Ph.D was not nearly enough, he studied further at the UK Institute of Risk Management in London and became a professionally certified risk management professional.

Hard work and professional competence brought recognition. By 2006, aged 43, Kingsley Moghalu had attained the highest career rank of Director in the UN system, and served for six months in New York (at the rank of Under-Secretary-General) as a member of a high-level panel appointed by UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan to revamp the accountability, regulatory and internal dispute resolution system for the 60,000 global UN workforce and management. His interests now began to shift to the private sector. In December 2008 Kingsley resigned from the UN system, deployed 100,000 Swiss Francs of his personal savings as capital and established Sogato Strategies S.A., a risk management and global strategy consultancy in Geneva. This calculated risk later paid off in unexpected ways.

Sogato Strategies soon acquired impressive clients like the Swiss bank UBS and Syngenta, the Swiss agrochemicals multinational. Life in the private sector was looking up. But an encounter with Sanusi Lamido Sanusi at the World Economic Forum in Cape Town, South Africa in mid-2009 changed Moghalu’s trajectory. Sanusi had just been appointed Governor of the CBN. He was looking for a deputy governor to help him execute an ambitious agenda of banking sector reform after the global financial crisis. The governor was on the lookout for an executive with credibility, international exposure, and knowledge of risk management. Kingsley fit the bill. Sanusi persuaded him to return home to Nigeria as a deputy governor of the central bank and recommended him to President Umaru Yar’Adua, who appointed Kingsley to the coveted position. By November 2009, after his confirmation by the Senate, the new Deputy Governor was at his desk at the CBN heading the reserve bank’s Financial System Stability (FSS) Directorate.

He left the CBN in November 2014 after completing his term of office. Does he have any regrets? “No, not at all”, he replied. Does he miss the central bank? “I gave my best in service at the Bank. But, in hindsight, it was best that I moved on to other things when I did”. A man with a strong global pedigree, just weeks after he left the CBN he was appointed a professor at Tufts University and a member of the Advisory Council of the Official Monetary and Financial Institutions Forum (OMFIF) in London, UK. In addition to his academic duties in Boston, the professor’s schedule is packed with public speaking engagements around the world and consulting assignments. He has advised the investment bank Goldman Sachs, and global private equity and asset management firms such as Actis, TPG and Eaton Vance.

Devoted family man

Kingsley is a devoted family man. In 1994, while living in New York City and working in the UN’s headquarters, he married the then Miss Maryanne Ezike, a banker, lawyer and a daughter of the late medical doctor and former Permanent Secretary, Dr. Christopher Ezike. Kingsley and Maryanne Moghalu have four children. A short while after we left his classroom at Tufts University, Prof. Moghalu and I had a memorable encounter with Hillary Clinton, the former United States Democratic Party presidential candidate, at a dinner event at Henrietta’s Table restaurant in The Charles Hotel at Harvard Square in Cambridge. In conversation as we took selfies with the famous American politician who lost her bid to become her country’s first woman President, it turned out that she has read the professor’s Emerging Africa, and she told me that I have a bright future.

I tweeted pictures of my encounter with Prof. Moghalu at Tufts University and it drew many positive responses. As in America and around the world, the ex-CBN Deputy Governor is well- regarded at home in Nigeria. One typical response from one of my tweeter followers, @ibsanusi read: “Kingsley Moghalu…one of the best brains of Nigeria. Unfortunately, we don’t know how to maximize our best hands.” As we left Henrietta’s Table after our time with Mrs. Clinton, the global professor inspired me as we parted. “Our country belongs to us all. We have a duty to make it better for our children and our youth”, he told me. Nigeria has not heard the last of one of its most accomplished sons.

Toyosi Akerele-Ogunsiji was a 2017 Edward Mason Fellow and MPA graduate of the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by lakesider(m): 4:35pm On May 13, 2018
why are nigerians very stupid ?
this news does not concern us
Palestine or Israelite . do not put food on our table , neither do their affair affect our economy , lets use effort we spend on this people in discussing nigeria s greatest problem (restructuring the country to favor all parties

3 Likes 6 Shares

Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by ykalhaji(m): 4:35pm On May 13, 2018
I used to think Muslims where a crazy set of people based on their reactions to issues especially what christians folks used to say, but with the things christians say, wish for and reason, plus the history of christianity, I am beginning to understand why muslims have been conditioned to never give an inch. You guys are the same ish. Religious conservative fanatical zealots, christians just know how to add progressive makeup on their own. And for all the Christians supporting Isreal, The jews just like the muslims consider you guys as fools, heretics and misguided homo sapiens worshipping a perverted version of their religion. They are just very diplomatic about it. Go to Isreal and see how they treat African christians.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 13, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:
The God of the Jews is still alive

The prophesy is being fulfilled in my lifetime

I know islamists won't like this, but God of the Jewish is still alive
Funny thing is, the enlightened ones around the world consisting of Christians and Muslims are against the US move on this. But our miserable ignorant and senseless Nigerian Christians sees it as a victory for Christians. Lol!
Senseless people who doesn't know that the population of Christians in Israel is not even up to 5% while Muslims are up to 20%. And that Jews don't like Christians. They don't believe in your JESUS!
The lazy jobless fools do not know the difference between a jew and a Christian.

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by Didi2d(m): 4:36pm On May 13, 2018
Did anyone notice Ivanka trump, as special adviser.
If Na Nigeria, people go dey criticize am say he appoint his family member.
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 13, 2018
God used Donald Trump to fulfil this.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by troublemakea(m): 4:39pm On May 13, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
May the God of Israel our Lord Jesus Christ name be forever be glorified

May Jehovah God almighty punish Allah in hell

May Jehovah God almighty destroy Allah and his fake religion of pieces in hell

May Allah and his only message from Saudi Arabia knows no peace.

May Allah and his messenger from Saudi Arabia be destroyed in hell

Amen Amen may all religion who has brought nothing good to the world be destroyed and without remedy.
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by lakesider(m): 4:44pm On May 13, 2018
amliftedhigher:
Am beginning to love America because of Trump , I wish he will also ban gay marriage in America and the world.

yes , he can ban gay marriage in the world , because he his the military president general of the world , i don t blame you , i blame the state for not teaching you basic social studies

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by troublemakea(m): 4:44pm On May 13, 2018
amliftedhigher:
Am beginning to love America because of Trump , I wish he will also ban gay marriage in America and the world.

unfortunately he cant....America is much bigger than even trump himself as the will of the people are respected

that's why anything that would take away that "world power" from them must be destroyed in the name of the father, son and holy spirit
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by troublemakea(m): 4:45pm On May 13, 2018
MightySparrow:
Biblical prophecy coming true under our watch. the end is near, nearer than most us think. any serious reader should google Judah ben Samuel on the return of Jerusalem to Israel.

please teach us bro we want to learn
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by ollah2: 4:47pm On May 13, 2018
Kingkakaone
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 4:48pm On May 13, 2018
1stolax:

Funny thing is, the enlightened ones around the world consisting of Christians and Muslims are against the US move on this. But our miserable ignorant and senseless Nigerian Christians sees it as a victory for Christians. Lol!
Senseless people who doesn't know that the population of Christians in Israel is not even up to 5% while Muslims are up to 20%. And that Jews don't like Christians. They don't believe in your JESUS!
The lazy jobless fools do not know the difference between a jew and a Christian.
Take heart Muslim grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by pokipoki: 4:49pm On May 13, 2018
BiggerbossAmani:

woo very nice

Israel should use this opportunity and privilege to kick State of Palestine out of their way, if possible they should kill them all.

No human born of woman not to talk of Arabic Palestinians can stop God's word not to come to pass or be fulfilled
What a slowpoke!!! How can you talk of killing people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by MikeBetty(m): 4:50pm On May 13, 2018
lakesider:
why are nigerians very stupid ?
this news does not concern us
Palestine or Israelite . do not put food on our table , neither do their affair affect our economy , lets use effort we spend on this people in discussing nigeria s greatest problem (restructuring the country to favor all parties
We Have Discussed Restructuring Time Without Number, We Have Even Discussed Evils Done By Nigerian Politicians. We Have Cried, Wail, Shouted About Killings In Northcentral In Particular And Nigerial In General, Yet We Were Not Heard. Please Allow Us To Rejoice On International Politics Na.

4 Likes

Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by horia: 4:51pm On May 13, 2018
BiggerbossAmani:

woo very nice

Israel should use this opportunity and privilege to kick State of Palestine out of their way if possible they should kill them all.

No human born of woman not to talk of Arabic Palestine can stop God's word not to come to fulfilment
what's your problem. Ppl like you are the ones Jesus spoke against. Ppl who talk b4 thinking.
If you only pray for those who love you what's the difference BTW u and an unbeliever

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by HallaDaTruth: 4:52pm On May 13, 2018
For they shall gather Against the nation of Israel but they can never ever succeed

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by Demmzy15(m): 4:52pm On May 13, 2018
BiggerbossAmani:

woo very nice

Israel should use this opportunity and privilege to kick State of Palestine out of their way, if possible they should kill them all.

No human born of woman not to talk of Arabic Palestinians can stop God's word not to come to pass or be fulfilled
And people liked this, MODS people like this ought to be banned totally and reported to the police. Just imagine a Muslim saying this, the kind of hate some Nigerian Christians harbor against Muslims and Arabs is really alarming and it's should be of great concern.

I seriously don't know what's warrants this kind of post, you've just called for genocide. The killing of over 8 million men, women and children just because they don't agree with your point.

All I can say to you is, the wicked never last. Enjoy and shine your teeth while it lasts!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 13, 2018
ollah2:
Kingkakaone
I'm here bro. Can u help me understand what u want me to know?
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by BiggerbossAmani(m): 4:54pm On May 13, 2018
pokipoki:

What a slowpoke!!! How can you talk of killing people
Are you a Muslim

1 Like

Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by deebrownneymar: 4:54pm On May 13, 2018
Trump is working #MAGA

1 Like

Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 4:56pm On May 13, 2018
Demmzy15:
And people liked this, MODS people like this ought to be banned totally and reported to the police. Just imagine a Muslim saying this, the kind of hate some Nigerian Christians harbor against Muslims and Arabs is really alarming and it's should be of great concern.

I seriously don't know what's warrants this kind of post, you've just called for genocide. The killing of over 8 million men, women and children just because they don't agree with your point.

All I can say to you is, the wicked never last. Enjoy and shine your teeth while it lasts!
We are the children of the covenant keeping God, we will destroy those terrorists called Palestinians.

The prophecy is being fulfilled

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by projectorz: 4:56pm On May 13, 2018
fakeprophet:
Trump is a dictator, out of 128 countries is only 8 that supported Trump resolution

If dem born the 120 other countries well, let them say a word about this, and lets see if they will not have their heads fried. Mtcheeeew.

This is the first thing Trump will do and I will support.
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by Demmzy15(m): 4:57pm On May 13, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:

We are the children of the covenant keeping God, we will destroy those terrorists called Palestinians.

The prophecy is being fulfilled
Which prophecy is that? Give me a quote from the bible
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 4:57pm On May 13, 2018
Demmzy15:

Have you for once condemned boko haram?

9 Likes

Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by MightySparrow: 4:57pm On May 13, 2018
troublemakea:

please teach us bro we want to learn
Pls just google the analysis of this 12th century rabbi make deductions. Then lets discuss.
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 4:57pm On May 13, 2018
Demmzy15:
Which prophecy is that? Give me a quote from the bible
Is it your Bible tongue ??

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Protest In El Salvador As Bitcon Crashes After Government Makes It Legal Tender / Taliban Don't Respect Humanity- Translator Gives Heart Stopping Account(Pix,vid) / Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.