Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! (46115 Views)

Pepper Farming: Can You Imagine The Extent Of Loss Due To Lack Of Storage? (Vide / Warning! Don't Do Poultry Biz In TRIAL & ERROR - Get FREE Practical Training... / Eggs Theft In Poultry: What Is The Way Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 1:37pm On Aug 04, 2018
still available
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 2:32pm On Aug 04, 2018
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 11:04am On Aug 06, 2018
Check them out! They are so agile

1 Share

Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 10:35am On Aug 10, 2018
At 5weeks

1 Like

Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by Baroba(m): 4:41pm On Aug 10, 2018
Sefani, do you sell guinea fowl as well, I think I saw guineas in the first picture..
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by tolase220(m): 5:27pm On Aug 10, 2018
Great news. Worth trying the Nollers for a change
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 9:19pm On Aug 10, 2018
Baroba:
Sefani, do you sell guinea fowl as well, I think I saw guineas in the first picture..
no, I dont
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 7:44pm On Aug 12, 2018
happy sunday
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 8:57am On Aug 13, 2018
Check these out

Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 11:01am On Aug 14, 2018
Noiler keeps changing lives
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 11:49am On Aug 15, 2018
Kokorokoooo and eggs everywhere!

Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 12:34pm On Aug 28, 2018
order now
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 5:50pm On Aug 29, 2018
Just a summary

Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 11:30am On Aug 30, 2018
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 1:28pm On Sep 06, 2018
AMAZING FACT:
Chickens perform complex communication where calls have specific meanings. They perform over 30 types of vocalisation that we are aware of with meanings varying from calling youngsters, alarm calls, and alerting others to the whereabouts of food.
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 11:13am On Sep 09, 2018
POULTRY diseases can be grouped into :
1) Viral diseases 2) bacterial diseases 3) protozoa diseases 4) fungal diseases 5) Nutritional deficiencies 6) Internal and external parasites etc
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 12:10pm On Sep 13, 2018
POULTRY DISEASES AND DRUGS :

1: BLOODY FAECES ( COCCIDOISIS )
This affect chickens from 4th Wk upwards but it was reported of a case of 4 day old chick.

SYMPTOMS :
Bloody diarrhrea ( Brown or dark red faeces that look like tooth paste.
Feathers looks rough and the birds emaciate
There is sudden death in the pen.

Drugs :
PANTACOX
EMBAZINFORTE
GLOCOX
AMPROLEUM
ADMACINE
SIMOCOX

HOW TO USE DRUGS :
Add any of the Drug in water and give the birds to drink for 3days and give them clean water without drug for 2days then repeat water with drug for another 3days. This system of treatment is call 3:2:3 treatment.

PREVENTION / CONTROL:

Ensure dry litter and bedding in the pen.
Do not allow over crowding in the pen.
Clean the pen house frequently.
Administer ANTICOCCIDIAL drugs in their water to control it.

2: GREENISH FAECES ( NEW CASTLE DISEASE )

This can occurs in birds at any age, it disastrous the signs are like AVIAN INFLUENCER INFECTION.

SYMPTOMS :
Greenish diarrhrea / faeces that looks greenish and watering.
The birds cough heavily
The birds cannot walk and become lame.
The neck is twisted
The feathers become rough
They will be continues death of birds in the pen.

DRUGS :
ADMACIN
ANTIVIRAL
RESIST
SIMOCOX
MULTIVITAMINS

HOW TO USE DRUGS :
Add Drug to their DRINKING water for 7DAYS or as the case may be.

PREVENTION :
Give INTRAOCULAR vaccine, LASOTA and GUMBORO As directed by the Vet Dr.
Give INTRAOCULAR on the first Wk and give LASOTA on the 3rd Wk and 4th Wk, give GUMBORO at the 6th Wk.
Repeat LASOTA vaccine every 3 months for layers in place of GUMBORO.

CONTROL :
Separate the sick birds frm the healthy ones in the pen.
Repeat vaccine for the healthy birds after separating the sick birds.
Administer ANTIBIOTICS and MULTIVITAMINS in their water for 7DAYS.
Properly Dispose the dead birds and disinfect the tools use in disposing. REPORT all odd cases to the Vet Dr.

3: HEAD NODULES ( FOWL POX DISEASE ):

This DISEASE is common among adult birds and is cause by vírus.

SYMPTOMS :
WALT like NODULES appear on the comb, WARTTLE and some non FEATHERY part of the chicken head.
Cheesy masses grows on the tongue, mouth and pharynz when the DISEASE is a "WET " form of fowlpox.
They birds May become blind when the NODULES grows on the eyes and may die of hunger.

DRUGS :

POX PRALINE
POX CURE
IODINE
GROUNDED GUN POWDER MIXED WITH RED OIL
POTASH MIXED WITH RED OIL.

HOW TO USE DRUGS :
pox praline is add to their DRINKING water till the NODULES disappear.
Pox cure and iodine is apply on the NODULES.
GUN POWDER and POTASH is MIX with red oil and apply to the NODULES.

PREVENTION / CONTROL :
vaccinate birds at 5wk with POX VACCINE.
Separate all diseases birds frm the healthy birds
Treat all diseases birds properly.

4: COUGH ( CRD )

This occurs at all ages and is common in Pullets.

SYMPTOMS :
Cough SOUNDS when the birds BREATH.
Chicks begin to loss interest in eating.
Birds will loss body weight.
Layers will stop laying and broilers growth will stop.

DRUGS :

TYLOSIN
TYLODOX EXTRA
GENDOX
CHLONEOXIN
ADMACIN
OXYTETRA CYCLINE
BIODUE CRD

HOW TO USE DRUGS :
Put the drug in the DRINKING water for 3 - 5 days
Inject as directed by the Vet Dr.

PREVENTION :
Make sure the birds are vaccinated properly
Make adequate ventilation into the birds house.
Sanitize the pen house properly.

5: WATERY EYES AND SWOLLEN HEAD DISEASES:

SYMPTOMS :
* Swollen face
* Their eyes discharge water.
* The nose discharge mucous

DRUGS :
GENDOX
DOXY-GEN
GENTANYL

HOW TO USE DRUGS :
Put Drug in their DRINKING water for them to drink. According to Vet Dr description.

PREVENTION / CONTROL :

REPORT THIS KIND OF CASE TO YOUR VET DR BECAUSE IT'S SIMILAR TO AVIAN FLU INFECTION.

6: LAMENESS IN CHICKS :
This affect chickens from age 2wks to 6wks.

SYMPTOMS :
The bird stretch one or two legs forward.
The legs can not carry the body because it's week.

DRUGS :
BONE MEAL AND VITAMIN
BROVIN
BIODINE CALCIUM SUPPLEMENT
VITAMINS

HOW TO USE DRUGS :
Put drugs in their DRINKING water.
Add enough BONE MEAL in their feed

PREVENTION / CONTROL :
* Increase the amount of BONE MEAL in their food.
* Do not use slippery FEEDER VESSELS during BROODING.
REPORT to a Vet Dr.

PULLORUM DISEASES : ( SAMONELLOSIS )

This occurs in chicks at first week.

SYMPTOMS :
WHITISH DIARRHREA that paste and form crust at the cloacae of the chicks.
The chicks make sound when it try to defaecate.
The chick die from when it can not defaecate.

DRUGS :
GENTANYL
PANOCENYL

HOW TO USE DRUGS :

ADD TO THEIR DRINKING WATER FOR 7DAYS.

PREVENTION :
Use GENTANYL D as a brooding Drug.
Let ur Vet Dr knows early.

AVIAN FLU DISEASE :
This affect birds of all ages and is can affect humans too, if the chicken meat is eaten without cooking it properly.

SYMPTOMS :
SWOLLEN HEAD and FACES
THE COMB AND WARTLE BECOME BLACK
THE FEATHERS WILL SPREAD WIDELY AND THE BIRDS WILL NOT EAT.
THEY WILL LOOSE BODY weight and sudden death

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by DOVpet(m): 2:02am On Sep 14, 2018
Interesting!
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 10:58pm On Sep 15, 2018
DOVpet:
Interesting!
still available,order now
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 10:15am On Sep 19, 2018
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 7:10pm On Sep 22, 2018
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 4:17pm On Sep 26, 2018
Promo! Promo! Promo!
This is to inform our esteemed customers that you get N500 off for every carton of day old noiler you buy from us; offer lasts till 3rd of October.
Call now or whatsapp Onyinye on 08061304834
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by Victornezzar: 4:54pm On Sep 26, 2018
Sefani u just opened my eyes....Thank u very much dear

How do they lay eggs.....and what's the profit one can make in a month from eggs only
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by aquila3: 5:03pm On Sep 26, 2018
sefani:
Promo! Promo! Promo!
This is to inform our esteemed customers that you get N500 off for every carton of day old noiler you buy from us; offer lasts till 3rd of October.
Call now or whatsapp Onyinye on 08061304834
pls xtend it to oct ending coz my i want to sell my cucumber which wl mature on 20th of oct to buy my own noiler. Let me share my observation abt the bird, one of our fellowship member bought 4weeks old noiler without giving them any marsh they just live on food crumbs infact they grow rapidly despite the fact i see them weekly.

1 Like

Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 3:50pm On Sep 27, 2018
aquila3:
pls xtend it to oct ending coz my i want to sell my cucumber which wl mature on 20th of oct to buy my own noiler. Let me share my observation abt the bird, one of our fellowship member bought 4weeks old noiler without giving them any marsh they just live on food crumbs infact they grow rapidly despite the fact i see them weekly.

kikikiki......this really cracked me up.don't worry, I will extend the promo just for you. I mean, only you!
wish you a profitable cucumber sales
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 3:54pm On Sep 27, 2018
Victornezzar:

How do they lay eggs.....and what's the profit one can make in a month from eggs only
they don't lay as much as pullet but lays much more than the local birds. lay about 150 or more eggs per year
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by Victornezzar: 4:00pm On Sep 27, 2018
sefani:

they don't lay as much as pullet but lays much more than the local birds. lay about 150 or more eggs per year
How many does a pullet lay in a year
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 4:00pm On Sep 27, 2018
Victornezzar:

they don't lay as much as pullets but lay much more than the local hens.lay up to 150 eggs per year.also, they must not be fed formulated feeds to lay eggs
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 5:20pm On Sep 27, 2018
Victornezzar:
How many does a pullet lay in a year
200-300
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 2:23pm On Sep 28, 2018
Other special attributes of Noiler chicken

Appearance –Noiler chickens come in various colours;black, white, yellowish, brown and grey specks, and this makes them beautiful and well-camouflaged. All the same, you should expect to come across some rather ugly Noilers.

Growth rate – Noiler chicken farming is fast becoming verypopular because the birds grow well. It gets interesting: they grow big and meaty without necessarily eating a lot of store-bought feeds. Even if you let them loose to free range, Noilers will soon convert food to meat and get heavier. Also, you can feed them kitchen leftovers and edibles like rice, yellow maize, chicken mash, soya and worms( check out our previous posts on their foods).To make sure their growth rate stays sharp, you need to deworm and vaccinate your birds on time. By the fourth or fifth month, a Noiler bird attains a weight of three to four kilograms.

Noiler meat production – As earlier stated, Noilers produce meatier and sweeter tasting meat in high amounts. They add meat and weight quickly and the farmer doesn’t have to churn out lots of money to ensure it. Another interesting thing to note about Noilers is that they are even more disease resistant than some exotic breeds. Their meat production remains high as long as you take good care of them and feed them properly. In about 12 weeks, the chickens will be matured enough for slaughtering- weighs 3.5kg or more at maturity. Cocks have proven to weigh more than this. Compare this to broiler breed that weighs only 2 to 2.5 kg at maturity. Noiler chickens are perfect alternatives. Also, meat is evenly distributed over the chicken’s body parts.

Eggs production – Your Noilers should start laying eggs at five months old (some do this at four months). As soon as they begin their egg laying session, it goes on for two years. Their eggs are extremely bigger and with dark-yellow yolk when compared with our local chicken. This yolk colour is associated with good health, explaining why the Noiler eggs fetch more cash on the market.

Housing – Noiler chickens can either be free range birds or semi-free range birds. If you have enough land space, the free range method is the almost perfect.However, make sure that you build a fenced chicken run to keep your birds safe. If you have a previous chicken cage that meets the basic construction standards, you can keep your Noiler birds inside. Otherwise, you should get a special semi free range rearing system that is suitable for compact spaces.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive / Imo State Taskforce Destroys A Poultry Farmer's Day-Old Chicks (Photos) / Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.