Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,772 members, 7,955,954 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:31 PM

Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important (3076 Views)

Google PPC: Content Or Search? / Seo Wise, Which Of These Is More Important? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by akeentech(m): 8:17am On May 15, 2018
BrainnewsNg:

Really?
But, on what reason?
Shakara don com abi, on collabo level
Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by akeentech(m): 8:19am On May 15, 2018
Noel1:

A great content alone won't get anywhere near google ranking without the required links.

Conversely, if you manage to gain links - albeit, deceitfully on poor contents and you see your contents stroll to the top, sooner or later your on page metrics being retrieved by Google analytics will tell the big G that something's wrong.

So, before you know it, google drops the page back to the non and replaces with a more quality one.

So, for a health seo you need both together....

Just my humble humble opinion!

If you're to choose one?
Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by Developrog(m): 8:21am On May 15, 2018
Content for me it is
Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:25am On May 15, 2018
akeentech:
Shakara don com abi, on collabo level
Collabo on?
Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by akeentech(m): 8:29am On May 15, 2018
BrainnewsNg:

Collabo on?
Never mind
Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by Nobody: 8:30am On May 15, 2018
akeentech:

If you're to choose one?

Yea.. give me a buttload of quality links and I will rack hundreds of thousands of visitors in 2 months just with 20 blog posts.

So, bro I go for links...

4 Likes

Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by akeentech(m): 8:33am On May 15, 2018
Noel1:

Yea.. give me a buttload of quality links and I will rack hundreds of thousands of visitors in 2 months just with 20 blog posts.

So, bro I go for links...

Another question
Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by Developrog(m): 8:37am On May 15, 2018
Content!
Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by arcisong(m): 8:59am On May 15, 2018
Backlinks are cool, don't forget to visit [url]isongbeat.com[/url] for the latest afrobeat instrumentals
Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by pacespot(m): 9:41am On May 15, 2018
Yes I agree with people saying "Content is king" but backlinks is the crown also. The point is that I have been in the web content marketing business for some time, but these three pillars are inseparable: CONTENT, BACKLINKS and KEYWORD RESEARCH. Yes, you can rank your website on top of search with quality content, but ranking does not always equate to money, because the quality of traffic coming from Google is varied. Some keywords are easily ranked for even without a single backlink on your page, while some are neck-breakingly competitive. If you see a keyword that is competitive, that's because there is money in it, and you can write all the quality content in the world without sniffing Google's first page results for the query, because some other marketers have already monopolized the keyword with quality content, backlinks, and PPC. To put it in perspective, you can make much more money from 50 daily visitors of a keyword compared to one thousand daily visitors by another keyword. My rational advice is to support your quality content with backlinks if you know you can't rank for the target keywords now, and if you can come up with quality content consistently, that will be a huge PLUS for those that would naturally link to your page.

In short, if you have capacity to produce quality content on a consistent basis, go for content. And if you can only write a piece of content at a time, go for backlinks.

2 Likes

Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by akeentech(m): 10:00am On May 15, 2018
pacespot:
Yes I agree with people saying "Content is king" but backlinks is the crown also. The point is that I have been in the web content marketing business for some time, but these three pillars are inseparable: CONTENT, BACKLINKS and KEYWORD RESEARCH. Yes, you can rank your website on top of search with quality content, but ranking does not always equate to money, because the quality of traffic coming from Google is varied. Some keywords are easily ranked for even without a single backlink on your page, while some are neck-breakingly competitive. If you see a keyword that is competitive, that's because there is money in it, and you can write all the quality content in the world without sniffing Google's first page results for the query, because some other marketers have already monopolized the keyword with quality content, backlinks, and PPC. To put it in perspective, you can make much more money from 50 daily visitors of a keyword compared to one thousand daily visitors by another keyword. My rational advice is to support your quality content with backlinks if you know you can't rank for the target keywords now, and if you can come up with quality content consistently, that will be a huge PLUS for those that would naturally link to your page.

In short, if you have capacity to produce quality content on a consistent basis, go for content. And if you can only write a piece of content at a time, go for backlinks.

Well said
Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by dogstyle007(m): 10:34am On May 15, 2018
Content is KING bro grin
Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by OurworkComNg1: 12:38pm On May 15, 2018
ideology:
Content is king, Backlinks are jara's

Backlinks will help you rank on Alexa.

While your content will bring your visitors back to your site organically

Your content will make you an authority and a go to resource centre.

In most cases, even google will quote your content and use it as reference.
With time other writer's will quote your work and give you free Backlinks

I did SEO for an ecommerce website last year, purely onpage, no Backlinks

Today that site has outranked its competitors and has outranked Jumia and konga on some keywords.

hello Sir,

what do you mean by "on page"?? are you talking about meta tags and meta descriptions??

thanks...

1 Like

Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by ideology(m): 2:34pm On May 15, 2018
OurworkComNg1:

hello Sir,

what do you mean by "on page"?? are you talking about meta tags and meta descriptions??

thanks...
yes bros its part of it. Internal linking, H1 H2 H3 etc

1 Like

Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by Silvermoney: 3:15pm On May 15, 2018
Noel1:

A great content alone won't get anywhere near google ranking without the required links.

Conversely, if you manage to gain links - albeit, deceitfully on poor contents and you see your contents stroll to the top, sooner or later your on page metrics being retrieved by Google analytics will tell the big G that something's wrong.

So, before you know it, google drops the page back to the non and replaces with a more quality one.

So, for a health seo you need both together....

Just my humble humble opinion!

I rank first on Google for some keywords, two of them are even on Google's Knowledge Graph (referenced answer to its keyword search query) (everyone's seo dream) even without a single back link to those posts.
Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by moneyadulttube: 3:41pm On May 15, 2018
Even if you have both of them you are still at the mercy of google. I dont worry myself again on backlinks and contents because adult tube websites don't need it. Start seeing daily visitors from day 1 check my signature for more info.
Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by OurworkComNg1: 1:22am On May 16, 2018
ideology:
yes bros its part of it. Internal linking, H1 H2 H3 etc

thanks sir

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reasons To Stop Using Wordpress Internal Linking Plugins / Reasons Why Most Nigerian Developers Are Poor / Get Over 900 Millions Email List Of Active Citizens Worldwide To Send Blog Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.