Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,544 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Daddy Freeze Receives Gifts From His Online Church Members. See Reactions - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daddy Freeze Receives Gifts From His Online Church Members. See Reactions (43097 Views)

Coronavirus: Adeboye Preaches Online, Church Seats Empty / Daddy Freeze: Why My Online Church "Free Nation In Christ Online" Is Different / 'Free Nation In Christ Online Church' By Daddy Freeze #FreeTheSheeple (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daddy Freeze Receives Gifts From His Online Church Members. See Reactions by efembaba(m): 8:26pm On May 17, 2018
If they are compiling names of countries with most fools in them then Nigeria has to be among first five. Dumbasses every where
Re: Daddy Freeze Receives Gifts From His Online Church Members. See Reactions by paxonel(m): 8:42pm On May 17, 2018
Goke7:

una go soon tire, you think freeze is just condemning pastors and tithes, he wants a piece of the action, that's all.

You guys have been fooled to think freeze has a heart of gold. stay tuned for more revelations. grin
what action are you talking about be specific?

Who is saying freeze have heart of gold anyway?
That the man collect gift is that what you call revelation?

You mumu o grin
Re: Daddy Freeze Receives Gifts From His Online Church Members. See Reactions by wellmax(m): 9:04pm On May 17, 2018
jpmoriarti:
If it is as a gift, then there is no blessing you will receive for it. You can as well have burnt the 10%.
However, if it as a tithe, there is a curse you are incurring for yourself because you are have taken yourself back to the law and renounced the resurrection of Jesus Christ who by his death, fulfilled and redeemed us from the shackles of the law and condemnation.

Bible says 'give and it shall be given back to you, good measure press down , shaken together and running over. "
I give because it's a blessing.

It is more blessed to give than to receive. - Bible

You can take your myopic interpretation of the Bible as far as you want.
He that is being often rebuked but harden his neck shall suddenly be destroyed and that without remedy.

Do what suits your fantasy and leave the tithers alone
Re: Daddy Freeze Receives Gifts From His Online Church Members. See Reactions by Akmukoro: 9:14pm On May 17, 2018
nobody forces any one to pay tithe too
Re: Daddy Freeze Receives Gifts From His Online Church Members. See Reactions by Goke7: 9:32pm On May 17, 2018
paxonel:
what action are you talking about be specific?

Who is saying freeze have heart of gold anyway?
That the man collect gift is that what you call revelation?

You mumu o grin
It's too early bro to deny your pastor now o

Collecting gifts like the pastors he abuses, this is just the beginning. Freeze revelation is simple; he wan collect like pastors too de collect.
Re: Daddy Freeze Receives Gifts From His Online Church Members. See Reactions by Goke7: 9:39pm On May 17, 2018
saltoasis:
Na the people using their data to stream his message I dey laugh.
This is what happens when you wait for someone to interpret the bible for you.

His followers were never interested in the bible, they are just disgruntled fellows like him who also want and enjoys what the pastors they envy has without paying any price for it. Bubu confirmed it in London for them by calling them lazy bunch. They are just busy bodies in what does not concerns them.

If these pastors offer them including their broke bloke of a leader a ride in their private jets, they will do gladly share it online like their pastor who displaying his phone and laptop gifts.
Re: Daddy Freeze Receives Gifts From His Online Church Members. See Reactions by jpmoriarti(m): 10:04pm On May 17, 2018
wellmax:

Bible says 'give and it shall be given back to you, good measure press down , shaken together and running over. "
I give because it's a blessing.

It is more blessed to give than to receive. - Bible

You can take your myopic interpretation of the Bible as far as you want.
He that is being often rebuked but harden his neck shall suddenly be destroyed and that without remedy.

Do what suits your fantasy and leave the tithers alone
I didnt say bible condemns giving. It is important to know who you are giving to. As a matter of fact, the early christians didnt practise giving. They practised sharing. Sharing means that one who has more gives to the one that has less, not the other way round. But what we have today is poor wretched market women giving to private jet owners to help maintain their ostentatious lifestyle, in the fake hope of getting blessed. That is not what Christianity is all about. This is the reason those people will remain poor because they are giving wrongly. Majority of Nigerians are christians yet majority of Nigerians are poor, in fact, Nigeria is the nation with highest number of poor people on earth yet we have the richest pastors. Think about it bro. We are not practising christianity. Gullible people are just wasting their money on the rich few, thinking they are being blessed with their giving, not knowing that all their efforts are just plain exercise in futility. This is the reason the Free the Sheeple Movt is here to emancipate the gullible Nigerians from their mental slavery.
Re: Daddy Freeze Receives Gifts From His Online Church Members. See Reactions by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 17, 2018
Amagite3:
From; Amagitesblog.com

Controversial OAP and leader of the Free The Sheeple movement, Daddy Freeze is being slammed on Instagram fro receiving gifts from his online church members after he preached against it.

This is coming after he received an iPhone X from a member, and also got a Laptop from Reekado Banks after he reacted.

See more reactions here; https://www.amagitesblog.com/2018/05/reactions-as-daddy-freeze-starts-receiving-gifts-from-his-online-church-members.html

Useless Nigerian blogs n websites.
Re: Daddy Freeze Receives Gifts From His Online Church Members. See Reactions by wellmax(m): 10:55pm On May 17, 2018
jpmoriarti:
I didnt say bible condemns giving. It is important to know who you are giving to. As a matter of fact, the early christians didnt practise giving. They practised sharing.ry.

I read this part and left off reading more.

The Bible spoke of people like you in the last days.
For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. (2 Corinthians 11:13)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daddy Freeze Receives Gifts From His Online Church Members. See Reactions by jpmoriarti(m): 11:14pm On May 17, 2018
wellmax:

I read this part and left off reading more.

The Bible spoke of people like you in the last days.
For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. (2 Corinthians 11:13)
Are u sure u didnt read it until the end? Besides, if u looking for false apostles etc, look no further than those your GOs and Pastors. Some of them claim to hold the key of heaven, deciding who enters and who doesn't. Your religion is with the poor and the needy. Giving to any pastor or church is as worthless as the P in Psychology. At the last day, Jesus will not tell you to enter the kingdom because you helped Oyedepo to fuel his jet. You will make heaven because you clothed the naked and fed the hungry. This is Jesus speaking. Dont go quoting me proverbs and psalms as though those were written for Christians.
Re: Daddy Freeze Receives Gifts From His Online Church Members. See Reactions by wellmax(m): 11:37pm On May 17, 2018
jpmoriarti:
[s]Are u sure u didnt read it until the end? Besides, if u looking for false apostles etc, look no further than those your GOs and Pastors. Some of them claim to hold the key of heaven, deciding who enters and who doesn't. Your religion is with the poor and the needy. Giving to any pastor or church is as worthless as the P in Psychology. At the last day, Jesus will not tell you to enter the kingdom because you helped Oyedepo to fuel his jet. You will make heaven because you clothed the naked and fed the hungry. This is Jesus speaking. Dont go quoting me proverbs and psalms as though those were written for Christians [/s].
I'm not reading falsehood, you are not getting further response.
Beware of false teachers
Re: Daddy Freeze Receives Gifts From His Online Church Members. See Reactions by Nobody: 11:52pm On May 17, 2018
Koolking:

I follow this guy's teachings. You clearly misconceive his teachings.
I didn't misconceive anything. What blast he is getting, he sowed it. He is such an hypocrite
Re: Daddy Freeze Receives Gifts From His Online Church Members. See Reactions by M0ron: 4:14am On May 18, 2018
shamecurls:

Hello, he got a gift from someone. Did he use false preaching to get it? Did he threaten about repercussions if he doesn't get gift.

Don't try to put the businessmen you call pastors at par with freeze

Like Caesar’s wife heshould be above reproach

What he did casts aspersions. What if he receives a jet?
Many crooks he targets use the same ruse; they claim all they get are benevolence
Oyakhilome received a gift, a jet from his choir etc
Re: Daddy Freeze Receives Gifts From His Online Church Members. See Reactions by paxonel(m): 6:31am On May 18, 2018
Goke7:

It's too early bro to deny your pastor now o

Collecting gifts like the pastors he abuses, this is just the beginning. Freeze revelation is simple; he wan collect like pastors too de collect.
no sense at all for your comment grin you are just talking for talking sake.

The man is not againt people collecting little gift , nobody in his right senses will critize anyone collecting little gifts(not fraudulent tithe and offerring) from people who are willing to give, if you believe that there is anyone like that then you be monkey like every illiterate nigerians talking
Re: Daddy Freeze Receives Gifts From His Online Church Members. See Reactions by Goke7: 7:57am On May 18, 2018
paxonel:
no sense at all for your comment grin you are just talking for talking sake.

The man is not againt people collecting little gift , nobody in his right senses will critize anyone collecting little gifts(not fraudulent tithe and offerring) from people who are willing to give, if you believe that there is anyone like that then you be monkey like every illiterate nigerians talking
Keep on the abuses like your pastor freeze, doesn't change the fact that he has been found out as an broke bloke hypocrite, so the gift is little because it is laptop and phone, lol. Don't worry bigger and better gifts are coming for your dear pastor for the work of his new found scam ministry
Re: Daddy Freeze Receives Gifts From His Online Church Members. See Reactions by Codes151(m): 8:34am On May 18, 2018
Well. Freeze don start.. Like play he Go hammer o
Re: Daddy Freeze Receives Gifts From His Online Church Members. See Reactions by baralatie(m): 8:44am On May 18, 2018
tolexy007:
For the benefit of those lazy youth who couldn't make out what the IG was saying..... The police PRO at HQ have transcribed it....
“I mean, transmission, I mean effort, that the transmission cooperation to transmission, I mean transmission to have effect, ehm, apprehend, I mean, apprehensive towards the recommendation, recommended formation effective and effect, I mean, apprehensive at the transmission of…and transmission and transmission for the effective in the police command..."
“All effective the transmission, other transmission, I can state without contradiction that I have commissioned what?”
“Over transmission of, over transmission of, over all kidnapping, armed robbery and other heinous crimes, I mean, ehm, commission transmission, recommendation transmission etc
Re: Daddy Freeze Receives Gifts From His Online Church Members. See Reactions by paxonel(m): 10:13am On May 18, 2018
Goke7:

Keep on the abuses like your pastor freeze, doesn't change the fact that he has been found out as an broke bloke hypocrite, so the gift is little because it is laptop and phone, lol. Don't worry bigger and better gifts are coming for your dear pastor for the work of his new found scam ministry
i did not tell you he was my pastor you think its wisdom to deduce falsely that he is my pastor simply because i'm in the opinion that he or anyone has the right to collect gift from anyone?

If i may ask, dont you yourself receive little gift from your love ones?
I very sure you do, and if that is the case you are the one being hypocritical for thinking that another person should not receive gift

Thats why i am abusing you.

Because, i posted that receiving gift is not the same thing as tithing, so if freeze is condemning tithing it does not necessary mean that he is condemning people receiving gifts from people.
And it seems your small brain cannot understand simply because you hate him.
If you hate him whats my business, how does that make him my pastor?
Re: Daddy Freeze Receives Gifts From His Online Church Members. See Reactions by efficiencie(m): 11:42am On May 18, 2018
StaffofOrayan:
Christianity or Islam did not stop human sacrifice in Africa, enlightenment did, that's why some imams and pastors still do it
If we were colonized by the Japanese they would have stopped it,
Human sacrifices, Oro and all that are also offshoots of religion, it starts out innocent enough and before you know it lives are taken.
Jihadists, Zionists, Buddhists carrying out ethnic cleansing etc are all children of religion.
You give too little credit to our ancestors because you don't understand religion is control,
You fail to understand that NOTHING has changed, the same type of fraudulent religious leaders we have now is the same we had back in the days, they prevail over the masses with fear tactics to place them in line and like Rev. King they go too far and without checks and balance, it turns into a 'religious tradition'
The problem we have as Yoruba is that we have useless leaders, Christianity was once bloody, but they took out the blood and gore, and kept the good parts, you would be naive to think Europeans didn't sacrifice like in the old testament

If you have time to kill please attempt to read 'The voice of Africa' by Frobenius, Leo, it's an account of the travels of the German Inner African Exploration Expedition in the years 1910-1912. You would probably learn more about yoruba culture,

Those who do ritual killings are quite enlightened and educated. The Sandy Hook shootings did not happen in Somolu, Bariga it happened in the US. The members of the Ku Klux Clan that have maimed and killed blacks in the U.S and fan racism are very enlightened, if not much more enlightened than both of us. Does this mean that the enlightenment is evil? No. What it means is that enlightenment can be a weapon for good as well as for evil. Religion did not do any evil to anyone it is the men who did what they did inspired by their selfish interests. The Rwanda genocide had no leanings on religion it was anchored on ethnicity. The first and second world wars had nothing to do with religion but the selfish pursuance of pecuniary interests. The crimes committed in South Africa, Zimbabwe, Nigeria and even the so called Jihadists in the east all have nothing to do with religion but the calculated attempt of a few people to exploit the fault lines embedded in human societies towards the attainment of material gains. G. Bush was accused, with evidence, to have had contact with Osama Bin Laden before the WTC attacks and it was maintained by some others that G Bush was aware of the attacks before they happened. All of this just to justify a war in Iraq. Till today it is agreed that there were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq enough to justify a war. Yet the US went ahead with the war...civilians, women and children were killed in that war just to fill up the devious desires of a few people...now tell me how his is connected to religion.

Herein lies the philosophical disposition that nothing is either good or bad because what we call good can be exploited for evil and what we call bad today can be directed towards a good cause. Jerry Rawlings targetted execution would be deemed in itself to be bad but it had the positive effect of placing Ghana on a trajectory of growth and development - and today Rawlings is revered and respected for his deeds.

Your onslaught against religion is not founded at all. Religion is all about thinking good, speaking good and doing good...but like anything else religion can be turned into a weapon. Just as Einstein's discovery of the E=mc 2 was a beautiful thing but was quickly availed towards the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, so also religion is a beautiful thing but it has been exploited by a few towards doing evil. The formula is beautiful just as religion is but what people do with them is what you judge as either good or bad!
Re: Daddy Freeze Receives Gifts From His Online Church Members. See Reactions by StaffofOrayan(m): 12:44pm On May 18, 2018
All the examples you gave just shows religion has nothing to do with being good/evil which is my point (except your religion is doing evil)
You conflict enlightenment with being 'educated' or being white,
My point is religion makes grown men stupid, put on ridiculous outfits and are given authority over people's lives esp children
Religion is NOT about doing good and all that, Religion is all about control!
The state controls religion, the priests in their various forms controls the people, and the people attempt to control their own afterlife.
Religion takes advantage of man's primal urge to be a part of a group, even atheism is a new religion
There is nothing beautiful about ANY religion in it's purest form, e.g are you prepared to go gay hunting?
The beauty is man's ability to clean up his religion and only Christians seem to be trying at this
Do you help a widow because you are a christian or because empathy towards other's suffering is written in your DNA?
I laugh my head off when I meet people that claim they used to be killers until they found religion, expect such person to kill again soon

efficiencie:

Those who do ritual killings are quite enlightened and educated. The Sandy Hook shootings did not happen in Somolu, Bariga it happened in the US. The members of the Ku Klux Clan that have maimed and killed blacks in the U.S and fan racism are very enlightened, if not much more enlightened than both of us. Enlightenment did not remove the evils of this world rather it embellished it. Religion did not do any evil to anyone it is the men who did what they did inspired by their selfish interests. The Rwanda genocide had no leanings on religion it was anchored on ethnicity. The first and second world wars had nothing to do with religion but the selfish pursuance of pecuniary interests. The crimes committed in South Africa, Zimbabwe, Nigeria and even the so called Jihadists in the east all have nothing to do with religion but the calculated attempt of a few people to exploit the fault lines embedded in human societies towards the attainment of material gains. G. Bush was accused, with evidence, to have had contact with Osama Bin Laden before the WTC attacks and it was maintained by some others that G Bush was aware of the attacks before they happened. All of this just to justify a war in Iraq. Till today it is agreed that there were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq enough to justify a war. Yet the US went ahead with the war...civilians, women and children were killed in that war just to fill up the devious desires of a few people...now tell me how his is connected to religion.

Your onslaught against religion is not founded at all. Religion is all about thinking good, speaking good and doing good...but like anything else religion can be turned into a weapon. Just as Einstein's discovery of the E=mc 2 was a beautiful thing but was quickly availed towards the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, so also religion is a beautiful thing but it has been exploited by a few towards doing evil. The formula is beautiful just as religion is but what people do with them is what you judge as either good or bad!

Re: Daddy Freeze Receives Gifts From His Online Church Members. See Reactions by efficiencie(m): 2:01am On May 19, 2018
StaffofOrayan:
All the examples you gave just shows religion has nothing to do with being good/evil which is my point (except your religion is doing evil)
You conflict enlightenment with being 'educated' or being white,
My point is religion makes grown men stupid, put on ridiculous outfits and are given authority over people's lives esp children
Religion is NOT about doing good and all that, Religion is all about control!
The state controls religion, the priests in their various forms controls the people, and the people attempt to control their own afterlife.
Religion takes advantage of man's primal urge to be a part of a group, even atheism is a new religion
There is nothing beautiful about ANY religion in it's purest form, e.g are you prepared to go gay hunting?
The beauty is man's ability to clean up his religion and only Christians seem to be trying at this
Do you help a widow because you are a christian or because empathy towards other's suffering is written in your DNA?
I laugh my head off when I meet people that claim they used to be killers until they found religion, expect such person to kill again soon

What came first? Men or religion? If I am to accept your enlightened opinion, which will most likely be that man evolved over billions of years ago, then I would be making a safe guess by claiming that man existed long before religion was a construct evolving into a concept held by many. If this is the case then I would like to ask if men were not stupid before religion came on board! Were the generations after the Australopithecus Africanus till the Homo Sapiens really great minds compared to those today who are infested with religions? Did religion make men daft or was religion man's attempt to cure man's insatiable desire to be stupid? Religion is associated with morality which when practiced faithfully is aimed at producing a near utopian society. Religion attempts to produce a single standard of good or bad bringing every of its adherents to its submission and hence entrenching social equilibrium. However this seeming fascist characteristic of religion makes it a potent weapon in the hands of those whose stupidity is an incurable terminal disease because they see that religion can have the effect of coercing people into submission so they work their way up the ranks, deny others the right to be curious and entrench themselves as the custodians of religion...these buffoons are the reason you have the temerity to label religion in the manner you have consistently done. Any society where people lack a universal standard measurement for right and wrong will be one that breeds a life that is short, nasty, brutish and hellish. Look at the constitution of governments all around the world. You will agree with me that no matter how beautifully crafted they are men will always make a weapon out of it. Same with every other thing that man invented or gets inspired with. There is no philosophical stance on this planet that cannot be subtly tweaked into a deadly weapon...Even your position on this matter, while it may have a solid philosophical basis in your opinion, is food to some numskull out there who will put it to such devastating use that will shock you to your marrow!

I once heard a muslim speak on men marrying more than one wife and his defense was quite lovely and at one point I reasoned with him but go to Northern Nigeria and see how that seeming harmless tradition has been thoroughly abused by people who claim to be muslims. The justification for tithing in the Bible is so enticing that even an atheist who is interested in the welfare of others will feel the warm-glow effect of paying tithes but today some idiots who parade themselves as Christians have thoroughly abused it. I have experienced some witchdoctors whose belief systems are just amazing but yet there are those who use their art to fuel the insane desires of a few to the detriment of the lives of innocent people. There are atheists who despite not believing in GOD have such exemplary lifestyles that would make any religious person go green with envy yet there are those whose atheistic position offers them the opportunity to insult, denigrate and destroy people with religious affiliations...

Stupidity was a way of life before religion came on board and religion was an attempt to cure man's stupidity but sadly the stupidity of many is so incurable that even the threat of eternal damnation could not cure it!
Re: Daddy Freeze Receives Gifts From His Online Church Members. See Reactions by StaffofOrayan(m): 2:15pm On May 19, 2018
Man came before religion and man in his various attempt at understanding the creator invented ALL religion
When man becomes religious, he lets go of common sense, example is Israel, some of the smartest people but they kill humans because of religion and openly justify it.
Even the bible never talks of a religious leader, it always talks about wise and foolish kings
So what is wisdom? to me wisdom is knowing and acknowledging the creator and respecting his creation.
When people start to dress up and give themselves titles then know it's man's doctrine, it's man catering to his need to belong to something.
Is that always a bad thing? of course not but people should at least know they are joining an ideology that won't advance them spiritually.
Do people need to religion to justify marrying more that 1 wives? or kill others or give to the needy on Fridays?
Your problem is you conflate religion with spirituality plus you can't seem to grasp that religion is CONTROL
You don't really understand the power religion wields over our lives. Do you even realize the church was in support of Hitler?
Albert Pike a 33rd degree mason whose religion was satanism predicted WW3 would be a religious war, and it's starting to become obvious.

efficiencie:

What came first? Men or religion? If I am to accept your enlightened opinion, which will most likely be that man evolved over billions of years ago, then I would be making a safe guess by claiming that man existed long before religion was a construct evolving into a concept held by many. If this is the case then I would like to ask if men were not stupid before religion came on board! Were the generations after the Australopithecus Africanus till the Homo Sapiens really great minds compared to those today who are infested with religions? Did religion make men daft or was religion man's attempt to cure man's insatiable desire to be stupid? Religion is associated with morality which when practiced faithfully is aimed at producing a near utopian society. Religion attempts to produce a single standard of good or bad bringing every of its adherents to its submission and hence entrenching social equilibrium. However this seeming fascist characteristic of religion makes it a potent weapon in the hands of those whose stupidity is an incurable terminal disease because they see that religion can have the effect of coercing people into submission so they work their way up the ranks, deny others the right to be curious and entrench themselves as the custodians of religion...these buffoons are the reason you have the temerity to label religion in the manner you have consistently done. Any society where people lack a universal standard measurement for right and wrong will be one that breeds a life that is short, nasty, brutish and hellish. Look at the constitution of governments all around the world. You will agree with me that no matter how beautifully crafted they are men will always make a weapon out of it. Same with every other thing that man invented or gets inspired with. There is no philosophical stance on this planet that cannot be subtly tweaked into a deadly weapon...Even your position on this matter, while it may have a solid philosophical basis in your opinion, is food to some numskull out there who will put it to such devastating use that will shock you to your marrow!

I once heard a muslim speak on men marrying more than one wife and his defense was quite lovely and at one point I reasoned with him but go to Northern Nigeria and see how that seeming harmless tradition has been thoroughly abused by people who claim to be muslims. The justification for tithing in the Bible is so enticing that even an atheist who is interested in the welfare of others will feel the warm-glow effect of paying tithes but today some idiots who parade themselves as Christians have thoroughly abused it. I have experienced some witchdoctors whose belief systems are just amazing but yet there are those who use their art to fuel the insane desires of a few to the detriment of the lives of innocent people. There are atheists who despite not believing in GOD have such exemplary lifestyles that would make any religious person go green with envy yet there are those whose atheistic position offers them the opportunity to insult, denigrate and destroy people with religious affiliations...

Stupidity was a way of life before religion came on board and religion was an attempt to cure man's stupidity but sadly the stupidity of many is so incurable that even the threat of eternal damnation could not cure it!

Re: Daddy Freeze Receives Gifts From His Online Church Members. See Reactions by efficiencie(m): 2:39pm On May 20, 2018
StaffofOrayan:
Man came before religion and man in his various attempt at understanding the creator invented ALL religion 1
When man becomes religious, he lets go of common sense, 2 example is Israel, some of the smartest people but they kill humans because of religion and openly justify it. 3
Even the bible never talks of a religious leader, it always talks about wise and foolish kings
So what is wisdom? to me wisdom is knowing and acknowledging the creator and respecting his creation.
When people start to dress up and give themselves titles then know it's man's doctrine, it's man catering to his need to belong to something. 4
Is that always a bad thing? of course not but people should at least know they are joining an ideology that won't advance them spiritually. 5
Do people need to religion to justify marrying more that 1 wives? or kill others or give to the needy on Fridays?
Your problem is you conflate religion with spirituality plus you can't seem to grasp that religion is CONTROL 6
You don't really understand the power religion wields over our lives. Do you even realize the church was in support of Hitler? 7
Albert Pike a 33rd degree mason whose religion was satanism predicted WW3 would be a religious war, and it's starting to become obvious. 8

I must say your response has a lot of illogicality and in some cases advances what appears to be truisms that are not fact.

In comment 1, you stated religion is the invention of man with the objective of understanding the creator and yet you claim religion is not in tandem with spirituality in comment 7. You claim religion is control so tell me how trying to understand the creator and his ways is connected to control? How can a man attempt to know GOD, a being outside the dimensions of physical reality, a spirit and yet that man is not spiritual? How can religion be all about knowing and pleasing a spirit and yet you claim I err in claiming that religion is spiritual? Do you see your illogicality? Do you see how your conclusions do not follow from your premises?

In comment 2/3, there are both hasty generalizations and lack of factuality in your statement. You claim Israelis are among the smartest, if they are this smart then it implies you agree they are enlightened and if enlightened they would not engage in taking innocent human lives in the name of religion. So it is either you agree that the Israelis are quite dumb and religious or they are quite smart and not religious. Saying they are smart and yet religious enough to kill innocent people is a faulty argument that defeats your own philosophical stance. Again on comment 2/3, you speak of Israelis like the entire nation is engaged in the act of killing innocent people. There are Israelis who are against what the government of Israel does against innocent people. I have watched youtube videos of people who are Israelis but against the slaughter of innocent people by Israeli government. So it is a hasty generalization to claim that Israelis kill innocent people in the name of religion. [https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/israel-palestine-occupation-settlements-torah-justice-military-courts-a7774941.html]

In your comment 4, you introduced the concept of "man's doctrine" but you sound as though this is pretty much the same as "religion". If this estimation of mine is correct then you have just exposed another illogicality in your argument. Because like you said: "man in his various attempt at understanding the creator invented ALL religion" and if this is the case then religion is man's attempt to understand GOD and not the mere traditions of men. In your definition you have clearly set the difference between religion and man's doctrines (traditions) so attempting to make both of them appear the same amounts to you contradicting yourself.

In your comment 6, you claim I conflate spirituality with religion and that i do not realize that religion is CONTROL. Well educate me. WHAT IN THIS WORLD HAS NOT BEEN USED AS AN INSTRUMENT OF CONTROL? Fashion, Science, TV, Radio, Music, Movies, Language, Ethnicity, Politics, Economics, Social Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Military, Media, Video Games, Alcohol and even the food you eat have all at one point or the other in human history been used as potent weapons so tell me how is religion unique as a weapon of control? Do you know I can guess safely that more than 70% of the cultural traits of modern people living in cities with agglomerations of more than 1 million people have been shaped, if not controlled, by TELEVISION. Do you realize that in Nigeria alone, the MEDIA has been a potent means of shaping and controlling public opinion in favor or opposition of political parties? Like I stated earlier these concepts are all harmless in themselves; from fashion to the military to artificial intelligence but when they come under man's influence they can become very deadly with massive consequences and the same applies to religion. Religion in itself is harmless but when it comes under the influence of a man it can rapidly become deadly. Hence any rational person can safely conclude that religion is not the problem it is men's insatiable lust for control that is the problem. If you eradicate religion from our world today, man will seek another instrument of mass control and trust me they will always find a weapon!

Your comment 7 is another terribly hasty generalization. When you say the church, we refer to the global community of Christians. You said THE CHURCH, you did not say SOME LEADERS IN THE ROMAN CATHOLIC, and this is quite uncouth of you. If a woman says "men are dogs" you would likely rise to challenge by replying such a woman that her father, her brother, her pastor, her imam, her unborn male children and the GOD she serves (since she refers to Him using the masculine pronoun; "He" ) ARE ALL DOGS. Such a reply will reveal the foolishness in her remark and make her take back her words. So also claiming that THE CHURCH supported Hitler is such an irresponsible remark. Did Christians in the U.S who fought alongside the allies support Hitler? Were every Catholic of the time in support of the role of the leaders of the Catholic church in the 2nd world war? Would someone like Martin Luther had supported the relations between the leaders of the Roman Catholic and Hitler? Are you aware that such Christians as Tyndale was killed by leaders of the Roman Catholic? This goes on to show you that you cannot hastily reach a generalization about all Christians - THE CHURCH - based on the actions or inactions of a few people! This is also the case with muslims who are increasingly being labelled terrorists everywhere simply because of the madness of a few people. A more accurate assertion would be that some people within the Roman Catholic supported Hitler's devious plans and I assure you the vast community of Christians globally will reject such leaders as Christians.

Albert Pike may be right, but I assure you men will always find a reason to go to war irrespective of the existence of religion or not. Quoting the words of James Moriatti in the movie Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows "...within man is an insatiable desire for conflict". The Ife-Modakeke crisis, the old western crisis, the Aba women riots, the conquest of the colonial masters, the slave trade, the Rwandan genocide, the atrocities of Idi Amin in Uganda, the Ijaw-Ilaje crisis, the ritual killings in Western Nigeria, the baby factories in Eastern Nigeria, the inequality in Northern Nigeria, the Biafra genocide and a host of other social milieu had little or nothing to do with religion but underlying all these evils is one thing and one thing only...MAN'S INSATIABLE DESIRE TO ATTAIN PERSONAL GAINS EVEN TO THE DETRIMENT OF THE SOCIETY.

I stand on my philosophical position that religion is not the problem, men are the problem. Men were the problem before religion came and men remained the problem despite their affiliations to religious dispositions!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shiite Members Storm Church In Jos, Celebrate Pastor's 50th Birthday With Him / Father Uche Ukor Slumps, Dies During Football Game In Delta State / The Fight Against Self-servicing, Lust And Sex.ual Immorality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.