Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,410 members, 7,836,644 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

The Mindset Every Single Lady Should Have - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Mindset Every Single Lady Should Have (2410 Views)

One Fact Every Wig Wearing Lady should Know. / Opinion: This Is Why Every Lady Should Woo Her Dream Man. / Things Every Lady Should Do Before Getting Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Mindset Every Single Lady Should Have by jezuzboi(m): 11:45am On May 17, 2018
Single ladies, a man is not a financial plan. A relationship is not a pension scheme. Marriage is not a retirement plan. If your primary need from a man is financial help, N1,000,000 from him will seem to you like God is saying the man is His beloved son. A new car from him will confirm his spirituality, and a big house will automatically make him the will of God for your life and destiny.

Who says you can't work smart and hard and buy a car for yourself as a single lady? It's easy to mistake financial help for love when you are constantly on the receiving end. It's harder to walk away from a toxic relationship when the man is the one paying your bills. You choose more clearly when his money is not calling the shots.

Again, don't get me wrong, giving is important. But nobody said you must be president of receivers association. On your birthday, you'll be expecting Porsche. But on his birthday, you even collect money from him again and buy two Okrika singlets for him. Sister how far nah? And I'm not saying you must be a billionaire right now (even though there's nothing wrong with that).

It's all about a mindset. You are a blessing, not a burden. He should be free to tell you he's got a great financial blessing without wondering what new strategy you'll use to finish the money. Marriage amplifies who you really are. A parasitic single lady will be a hole in her husband's pocket, never allowing anything to stay. A lazy wife was a lazy spinster. A prayerless wife was a prayerless single lady.

Like my mum will say, “if he's the breadwinner, what stops you from being the Akara winner? Wouldn't that be a delicious combo?

Also, there's nothing wrong with being hard to get, as long as you are still gracious in your words and actions, but the real problem is when you're hard to keep. As you are making 'yanga' for him, make sure you're worth the stress.

Don't deliberately act in terrible and arrogant manners to see if he will keep loving you, saying "if he loves me, he'll cope with it" he is not Jesus and it's not anointing oil that flows in his veins, he can get tired and package his anointed love and proposal and shove it up his sleeves.

There's a limit to endurance, forget all those Palestinian movies and Telemundo deception of love. I'm not saying be perfect, I'm saying be willing to grow, change, adjust. A bad attitude is not your inborn talent, you can change. While it's hard to get you, it should be easy to love you.

Debeerex®

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Mindset Every Single Lady Should Have by tosyne2much(m): 11:54am On May 17, 2018
Hmmmm! . You have a point sha

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Mindset Every Single Lady Should Have by Nobody: 11:56am On May 17, 2018
Single ladies, a man is not a financial plan. A relationship is not a pension scheme. Marriage is not a retirement plan. grin grin grin

But... we still reject poverty tongue

2 Likes

Re: The Mindset Every Single Lady Should Have by jezuzboi(m): 12:18pm On May 17, 2018
LivingFree:
Single ladies, a man is not a financial plan. A relationship is not a pension scheme. Marriage is not a retirement plan. grin grin grin

But... we still reject poverty tongue
Reject it by working smart/hard so you won't have to depend on a man to be rich and live the good life. How about that?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mindset Every Single Lady Should Have by babasolution: 12:29pm On May 17, 2018
jezuzboi:

Reject it by working smart/hard so you won't have to depend on a man to be rich and live the good life. How about that?

why the sudden push for women financial independence these days,all we hear about when it comes to relationship is that the woman should be financially independent,you guys talk as if thats the only thing that matters,as if once a woman is financially independent everything is settled,it only leads to easy divorce or separation,it doesnt help any relationship,a bad woman is a bad woman either she is independent or not

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mindset Every Single Lady Should Have by mrphysics(m): 12:31pm On May 17, 2018
grin grin

Your post is nice op. Everyone should learn from your post.
Re: The Mindset Every Single Lady Should Have by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 17, 2018
jezuzboi:

I can do all of that and still reject a broke man wink
Re: The Mindset Every Single Lady Should Have by Perfectnumber6(m): 2:15pm On May 17, 2018
Hmmm nice write up. Some women are just a burden to a man , they don't contribute anything meaningful into the relationship all they know about is money for hair, money for soap, money for cream, money for clothes . Then they would offer sex in return ��
Re: The Mindset Every Single Lady Should Have by PrimadonnaO(f): 2:21pm On May 17, 2018
"While it's hard to get to you, it should be easy to love you."

I like that part. A lot of ladies really do think it's okay to be rude and uncouth towards guys just because he's chasing them. It's not okay at all, especially when he hasn't behaved in an improper manner.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mindset Every Single Lady Should Have by captainbangz: 2:24pm On May 17, 2018
OP, YOUR HEAD DEY DIA!
Re: The Mindset Every Single Lady Should Have by jezuzboi(m): 5:00pm On May 17, 2018
LivingFree:

I can do all of that and still reject a broke man wink
You can do all that and still be rejected by wealthy men, and even broke men. grin

2 Likes

Re: The Mindset Every Single Lady Should Have by jezuzboi(m): 5:03pm On May 17, 2018
babasolution:

why the sudden push for women financial independence these days,all we hear about when it comes to relationship is that the woman should be financially independent,you guys talk as if thats the only thing that matters,as if once a woman is financially independent everything is settled,it only leads to easy divorce or separation,it doesnt help any relationship,a bad woman is a bad woman either she is independent or not
I'm tempted to think you didn't read that post to the end. Didn't you see where the issue of HARD TO GET was addressed? Please read again.

And as it has to do with women being independent, would you rather have a woman depend sorely on you just because you don't want her financial freedom to lead to divorce. Or you mean to say that what triggers divorce is WOMEN BEING RICH? Poor people divorce too, bro.

1 Like

Re: The Mindset Every Single Lady Should Have by jezuzboi(m): 5:04pm On May 17, 2018
Perfectnumber6:
Hmmm nice write up. Some women are just a burden to a man , they don't contribute anything meaningful into the relationship all they know about is money for hair, money for soap, money for cream, money for clothes . Then they would offer sex in return ��
That's the most painful part. Only sex to offer. And if you happen to be the sort of guy that doesn't subscribe to premarital sex, it turns out they have absolutely nothing to offer.
Re: The Mindset Every Single Lady Should Have by jezuzboi(m): 5:05pm On May 17, 2018
PrimadonnaO:
"While it's hard to get to you, it should be easy to love you."

I like that part. A lot of ladies really do think it's okay to be rude and uncouth towards guys just because he's chasing them. It's not okay at all, especially when he hasn't behaved in an improper manner.
I feel like saying I LOVE YOU. But lemme hold it back...

1 Like

Re: The Mindset Every Single Lady Should Have by babasolution: 5:20pm On May 17, 2018
jezuzboi:

I'm tempted to think you didn't read that post to the end. Didn't you see where the issue of HARD TO GET was addressed? Please read again.

And as it has to do with women being independent, would you rather have a woman depend sorely on you just because you don't want her financial freedom to lead to divorce. Or you mean to say that what triggers divorce is WOMEN BEING RICH? Poor people divorce too, bro.
a woman doesnt have to depend solely on me,but this craze of pushing women to materialism,i wonder whats behind,everywere i turn on the net now,any talk about women is about why they should workhard to be rich,nobody is talking about submissiveness,child upbringing,mutual respect etc,its all about how women should be independent,do guys masturbate on that?why is it so damn rampant,no talk on how men should work hard,there are many lazy men out there
Re: The Mindset Every Single Lady Should Have by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 17, 2018
√√ cosigned

1 Like

Re: The Mindset Every Single Lady Should Have by Adasun(m): 5:28pm On May 17, 2018
Eat my money,ur pusssy must be worth it if not am getting my money back.

Slack pussy arn't worth any stress
Re: The Mindset Every Single Lady Should Have by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 17, 2018
jezuzboi:

You can do all that and still be rejected by wealthy men, and even broke men. grin

You are right wink
Re: The Mindset Every Single Lady Should Have by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 17, 2018
jezuzboi:
Single ladies, a man is not a financial plan. A relationship is not a pension scheme. Marriage is not a retirement plan. If your primary need from a man is financial help, N1,000,000 from him will seem to you like God is saying the man is His beloved son. A new car from him will confirm his spirituality, and a big house will automatically make him the will of God for your life and destiny.

Who says you can't work smart and hard and buy a car for yourself as a single lady? It's easy to mistake financial help for love when you are constantly on the receiving end. It's harder to walk away from a toxic relationship when the man is the one paying your bills. You choose more clearly when his money is not calling the shots.

Again, don't get me wrong, giving is important. But nobody said you must be president of receivers association. On your birthday, you'll be expecting Porsche. But on his birthday, you even collect money from him again and buy two Okrika singlets for him. Sister how far nah? And I'm not saying you must be a billionaire right now (even though there's nothing wrong with that).

It's all about a mindset. You are a blessing, not a burden. He should be free to tell you he's got a great financial blessing without wondering what new strategy you'll use to finish the money. Marriage amplifies who you really are. A parasitic single lady will be a hole in her husband's pocket, never allowing anything to stay. A lazy wife was a lazy spinster. A prayerless wife was a prayerless single lady.

Like my mum will say, “if he's the breadwinner, what stops you from being the Akara winner? Wouldn't that be a delicious combo?

Also, there's nothing wrong with being hard to get, as long as you are still gracious in your words and actions, but the real problem is when you're hard to keep. As you are making 'yanga' for him, make sure you're worth the stress.

Don't deliberately act in terrible and arrogant manners to see if he will keep loving you, saying "if he loves me, he'll cope with it" he is not Jesus and it's not anointing oil that flows in his veins, he can get tired and package his anointed love and proposal and shove it up his sleeves.

There's a limit to endurance, forget all those Palestinian movies and Telemundo deception of love. I'm not saying be perfect, I'm saying be willing to grow, change, adjust. A bad attitude is not your inborn talent, you can change. While it's hard to get you, it should be easy to love you.

Debeerex®

nice post bro.
Most naija ladies have nothing to offer other than burden and problems.

I created a topic on this some days ago

https://www.nairaland.com/4505355/broke-ladies-get-dumped-broke

1 Like

Re: The Mindset Every Single Lady Should Have by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:00pm On May 17, 2018
jezuzboi:

I feel like saying I LOVE YOU. But lemme hold it back...

But I love you... cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Mindset Every Single Lady Should Have by jezuzboi(m): 6:06pm On May 17, 2018
babasolution:

a woman doesnt have to depend solely on me,but this craze of pushing women to materialism,i wonder whats behind,everywere i turn on the net now,any talk about women is about why they should workhard to be rich,nobody is talking about submissiveness,child upbringing,mutual respect etc,its all about how women should be independent,do guys masturbate on that?why is it so damn rampant,no talk on how men should work hard,there are many lazy men out there
So what stops you from writing/talking about those areas you think should be written/talked about?? What stops you?? Abi you're waiting for someone to write it for you?? If you feel the need to highlight those areas, why not do it?? Someone who felt the need to write about women being financially independent penned down those feelings and shared it for you to see. You can do same bro. I'll be happy to read and equally share my thoughts. Besides, all those stuffs you mentioned have been written about and are still being written about. You can start with checking out my other topics in this romance session.
Re: The Mindset Every Single Lady Should Have by jezuzboi(m): 6:10pm On May 17, 2018
PrimadonnaO:

But I love you... cheesy
Awwwwwn...

Please how can I reciprocate this love ooo

I really want to...

Where do I even start sef??

This is why Nairaland should have messenger...

Speaking of messenger, Facebook has one oo... If only I had a user-name...
Re: The Mindset Every Single Lady Should Have by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:25pm On May 17, 2018
jezuzboi:

Awwwwwn...

Please how can I reciprocate this love ooo

I really want to...

Where do I even start sef??

This is why Nairaland should have messenger...

Speaking of messenger, Facebook has one oo... If only I had a user-name...

I meant that I loved you as Christ loved the world. Let's just be awwning here, first. cheesy
Re: The Mindset Every Single Lady Should Have by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 17, 2018
babasolution:

is this a joke or what?
what's wrong if you do the child upbringing? and who told you independent ladies aren't submissive? or which kind of submissiveness are you talking about.

It's like you're not married.. get married to a full time housewife and see how you'll grow grey hairs before you get to 40.

do you know the burden of being the sole provider?
Re: The Mindset Every Single Lady Should Have by Apina(m): 6:26pm On May 17, 2018
This issue has been overflogged. The reality is different, there are women who want to work but are not allowed to do so by their husbands and vice versa and it seems most persons are not taking this into account. The bottom line remains, every marriage is different in terms of whats involved and we should leave it at that.
Re: The Mindset Every Single Lady Should Have by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 17, 2018
babasolution:

only men with inferiority complex think independent women are the cause of divorce.
what about the poor people who get separated in the courts? smh
Re: The Mindset Every Single Lady Should Have by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 17, 2018
Apina:
This issue has been overflogged. The reality is different, there are women who want to work but are not allowed to do so by their husbands and vice versa and it seems most persons are not taking this into account. The bottom line remains, every marriage is different in terms of whats involved and we should leave it at that.

I pity the husbands if things go south for them later in life..

the husbands, wives and kids will go hungry right?

I still don't believe some men tell their wives to quit their careers because of marriage.. smh
Re: The Mindset Every Single Lady Should Have by jezuzboi(m): 8:22pm On May 17, 2018
PrimadonnaO:

I meant that I loved you as Christ loved the world. Let's just be awwning here, first. cheesy
Lol...

1 Like

Re: The Mindset Every Single Lady Should Have by Perfectnumber6(m): 8:28pm On May 17, 2018
jezuzboi:

That's the most painful part. Only sex to offer. And if you happen to be the sort of guy that doesn't subscribe to premarital sex, it turns out they have absolutely nothing to offer.
. Yes true and the would go ahead and tell other female or even your male friends that you are either impotent or Gay.
Re: The Mindset Every Single Lady Should Have by nikkypearl(f): 8:32pm On May 17, 2018
If he is the breadwinner, I must definitely be the butter winner !
Re: The Mindset Every Single Lady Should Have by BabbanBura(m): 8:34pm On May 17, 2018
jezuzboi:

Debeerex®

Kai!!!, i need to check myself very well - Bros this is so me. Did u hack into my mind to write this?

All ma ladies, pls this is what am saying - not for mouth woo, follow through with action. Let no man do u shakara cos he pays the piper. Build yaselves, be open to positive change and work ya ass up to success not ya punish ya p00sies up to goldmines.

OP, tnx so much for this. I still need to investigate you sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Mindset Every Single Lady Should Have by SoapQueen(f): 8:35pm On May 17, 2018
Everyday its seven takes of the same old scene. It seems Nairaland is bound by the laws of thesame routine.

I thought we hashed this out already.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is Marriage The Biggest Dream Of Some Girls? / The truth about Alphamales / Why I Charge N75,000 Per Hour-slay Queen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.