Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,893 members, 7,821,119 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Why Is Marriage The Biggest Dream Of Some Girls? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is Marriage The Biggest Dream Of Some Girls? (2397 Views)

Andrew Tate, Sexless Marriage, The Matrix / MARRIAGE: The Color Code On This Invitation Card Will Leave You Speechless!!! / Single Guys: Is Marriage The Key To Success? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Marriage The Biggest Dream Of Some Girls? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 06, 2018
Like biko ayam not understanding this thing. How some girls think marriage is the greatest thing that can ever happen to them in life? Like they count marriage as success in life, maka why?

Why is marriage that overhype? What exactly is it with marriage? Is there a rule that says you can't live life to the fullest without bn married? Have seen how girls (some) become so desperate that they don't care wether they are in love, wether they are happy, they don't just care about a thing, all they care about is their wedding day, what's up? Am i living in another planet? Someone talk to me please.

Or is it just Africa? Cuz some whites i was lucky to know few things about never care about marriage that much, all they care for is happiness, some of these whites will even go about having partners at age 50, they care less about marriage, buh what's with our Africa sisters? I am lost somehow.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Marriage The Biggest Dream Of Some Girls? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 06, 2018
Let's ask UyaiIncomparabl since that's what she's living for too.
Re: Why Is Marriage The Biggest Dream Of Some Girls? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Sep 06, 2018
some girls matter and marriage weak me. This girl has been on my neck for close to two years now. She don dream where I give her flower, my father carry her enter our family houz and recently where I gave her key, whatever giving key means to her. Annoying part be after all those useless dreams she go come dey ask me meaning, I no know if she see me as Joseph! Meanwhile she no get any plan for her life apart from make man come marry her and She wants the unfortunate man to be me, God forbid! This girl story na just one out of many others. God help some naija girls.

I respect ladies who despite the unfortunate economy we have put time, resource and effort into making their life better and I go find one like that marry!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Marriage The Biggest Dream Of Some Girls? by mrbaba18(m): 11:23pm On Sep 06, 2018
Jobless nd lazy ladies lukin 4 any man 2 dump Der laziness in his hus
Re: Why Is Marriage The Biggest Dream Of Some Girls? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 06, 2018
Go ask the society. Go ask dem village people that keeps asking them questions about getting married like they sell husbands in markets.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Marriage The Biggest Dream Of Some Girls? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 06, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Go ask the society. Go ask dem village people that keeps asking them questions about getting married like they sell husbands in markets.
that's a blatant lie. How about those successful ladies (women) without husband with kids? Do they come from another planet? Or society and village people don't exist where they come from?

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Marriage The Biggest Dream Of Some Girls? by Shugavee(f): 11:35pm On Sep 06, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
my dear ,, women r trying
Re: Why Is Marriage The Biggest Dream Of Some Girls? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Sep 06, 2018
masterchi:
some girls matter and marriage weak me. This girl has been on my neck for close to two years now. She don dream where I give her flower, my father carry her enter our family houz and recently where I gave her key, whatever giving key means to her. Annoying part be after all those useless dreams she go come dey ask me meaning, I no know if she see me as Joseph! Meanwhile she no get any plan for her life apart from make man come marry her and She wants the unfortunate man to be me, God forbid! This girl story na just one out of many others. God help some naija girls.

I respect ladies who despite the unfortunate economy we have put time, resource and effort into making their life better and I go find one like that marry!
mrbaba18:
Jobless nd lazy ladies lukin 4 any man 2 dump Der laziness in his hus
you two are so right. I believe that's the real problem. There is this lady i used to know back then in tetiary days, she was in other campus though, i beg her that year so tey, because say she dey school, she no gree for me, school god(s) dey pepper her. Fast forward to three years after, we are all done with school, all her god(s) had deserted her and her family is not all that good, she started disturbing me on whatsapp, one day i sha say make i try, i once loved her maybe i can again, you won't believe she ruined everything fa, all she always drive to is Marriage, i had to made her confess later, cuz i couldn't stop wondering why a 23 year old lady who just finish ND won't stop talking about marriage, in her confession, she told me, things are hard for her, she couldn't continue school and she had to just learn tailoring since she couldn't also get a job, so she just need to leave her parent house for a husband house.. I was shocked, how old i be myself? Who even tell you say i go fit save you, i no just understand. I just tell am say no wahala, make she give me small time so i go discuss am with my parent. Before you know whats up, guy man moved jeje and till date na only God know when we go see again. It is totally true i swear, it is poverty.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Marriage The Biggest Dream Of Some Girls? by Nobody: 12:01am On Sep 07, 2018
IntrovertedK:
..you two are so right. I believe that's the real problem. There is this lady i used to know back then in tetiary days, she was in other campus though, i beg her that year so tey, because say she dey school, she no gree for me, school god(s) dey pepper her. Fast forward to three years after, we are all done with school, all her god(s) had deserted her and her family is not all that good, she started disturbing me on whatsapp, one day i sha say make i try, i once loved her maybe i can again, you won't believe she ruined everything fa, all she always drive to is Marriage, i had to made her confess later, cuz i couldn't stop wondering why a 23 year old lady who just finish ND won't stop talking about marriage, in her confession, she told me, things are hard for her, she couldn't continue school and she had to just learn tailoring since she couldn't also get a job, so she just need to leave her parent house for a husband house.. I was shocked, how old i be myself? Who even tell you say i go fit save you, i no just understand. I just tell am say no wahala, make she give me small time so i go discuss am with my parent. Before you know whats up, guy man moved jeje and till date na only God know when we go see again. It is totally true i swear, it is poverty.
No be only poverty. some just lazy. you try self, me I dey ring am for her ear, 'I cannot date you, it is not possible, I cannot even take you to my family house, my papa go pursue you'! better make she go find life first. Girl now don dey try blackmail me emotionally with all kind of stupid talk, me I no dey even answer. get a plan for your life simple

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Marriage The Biggest Dream Of Some Girls? by Nobody: 12:02am On Sep 07, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
why we no go pm you when you fine small. respond or not, we must pm you!
Re: Why Is Marriage The Biggest Dream Of Some Girls? by LordsApostle: 1:20am On Sep 07, 2018
Luxuryconsult:
Like biko ayam not understanding this thing. How some girls think marriage is the greatest thing that can ever happen to them in life? Like they count marriage as success in life, maka why?

Why is marriage that overhype? What exactly is it with marriage? Is there a rule that says you can't live life to the fullest without bn married? Have seen how girls (some) become so desperate that they don't care wether they are in love, wether they are happy, they don't just care about a thing, all they care about is their wedding day, what's up? Am i living in another planet? Someone talk to me please.

Or is it just Africa? Cuz some whites i was lucky to know few things about never care about marriage that much, all they care for is happiness, some of these whites will even go about having partners at age 50, they care less about marriage, buh what's with our Africa sisters? I am lost somehow.
it is poverty alleviation for them, just find a man to marry that will carry all your burdens... Simple..

After most of them done prostitute all the substance inside their body commot. Girls are so greedy eh. I never see
Re: Why Is Marriage The Biggest Dream Of Some Girls? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:08am On Sep 07, 2018
IntrovertedK:
Let's ask UyaiIncomparabl since that's what she's living for too.

What is it? sad
Re: Why Is Marriage The Biggest Dream Of Some Girls? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:20am On Sep 07, 2018
I will NOT marry until I achieve financial stability to an extent, and of course, until I have a life. Presently, Life is still living me. I wonder what the hype around marriage is. smiley

Ladies, strive to have a life first!
Anyone who tells you marriage will foster your dreams and ambition(s) is totally lying to your sorry ass. It may have worked for some. It did, because they married men who never slumbered but to see them achieve. Others weren't so lucky. Well, just pray that you do not marry an inconsiderate, unsupportive and a pessimistic man, if you do, you're totally on your own, as someone like that wouldn't want your progress. Succinctly put, you'll maintain neutrality all the days of your life! It's not a curse, but a certainty. It's no crime to be ambitious. Marriage isn't an escape route, but a path for companionship. Find your jam. Help your growth. smiley

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Marriage The Biggest Dream Of Some Girls? by Nobody: 2:29am On Sep 07, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

What is it? sad
you don't sleep?
Re: Why Is Marriage The Biggest Dream Of Some Girls? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:31am On Sep 07, 2018
IntrovertedK:
you don't sleep?

I'm nocturnal.
Re: Why Is Marriage The Biggest Dream Of Some Girls? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:31am On Sep 07, 2018
IntrovertedK:
you don't sleep?

I'm nocturnal. You?
Re: Why Is Marriage The Biggest Dream Of Some Girls? by Nobody: 2:33am On Sep 07, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:
I will NOT marry until I achieve financial stability to an extent, and of course, until I have a life. Presently, Life is still living me. I wonder what the hype around marriage is. smiley

Anyone who tells you marriage will foster your dreams and ambition(s) is totally lying to your sorry ass. Just pray you do not marry an inconsiderate, unsupportive and a pessimistic man, if you do, you're totally on your own, as someone like that wouldn't want your progress. Succinctly put, you'll maintain neutrality all the days of your life! It's not a curse, but a certainty. It's no crime to be ambitious. Marriage isn't an escape route, but a path for companionship. Find your jam. Help your growth. smiley
and i ask for just 8 years pere, you say NO. Think where we could go now this girl. Anyway check my personal text, it's no joke sha.
Re: Why Is Marriage The Biggest Dream Of Some Girls? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:35am On Sep 07, 2018
IntrovertedK:
and i ask for just 8 years pere, you say NO. Think where we could go now this girl. Anyway check my personal text, it's no joke sha.

Phew. Uneasy ways people try to seek relevance. Meh. Get behind me!
Re: Why Is Marriage The Biggest Dream Of Some Girls? by Nobody: 2:35am On Sep 07, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

I'm nocturnal. You?
shocked owl spotted.
Re: Why Is Marriage The Biggest Dream Of Some Girls? by Nobody: 2:38am On Sep 07, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

Phew. Uneasy ways people try to seek relevance. Meh. Get behind me!
eewo. Chai. I suffer for your hand this girl no be small. No wahala sha. So someone cannot crush in peace again

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Marriage The Biggest Dream Of Some Girls? by nanauju(f): 2:48am On Sep 07, 2018
It's the society we live in that put in so much pressure on the females.
Society mocks you when you start edging towards late twenties with no man,
Family reminds you of how ur younger sis is taken already with even 2 kids
Even friends getting married start stigmatising u as a single babe, and have little contact to do with you.
Suddenly you're left with nothing but intense pressure to marry and shut everyone up. U no longer seek for love or companionship, just an escape from a world of woes

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Marriage The Biggest Dream Of Some Girls? by chiommy123(f): 4:45am On Sep 07, 2018
Its just the society putting so much unnecessary pressure on the female folks and leaving out the guys. Asking you ' when are you calling us? ' pls I want to drink this year. So many demeaning and unnecessary things they say to the ladies. You become the talk of the town when you clock 30, 35, 38 etc everyone is waiting to tell you how unlucky you are cos you're not yet married. It becomes worse when your younger ones marry before you. God got una back its not easy at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Marriage The Biggest Dream Of Some Girls? by Nobody: 5:50am On Sep 07, 2018
Met a babe last year works and has her own business. Second date aunty don ask wen i dey settle down. Told her 2020 she say no she cant wait. Lets marry nxt year. She is ready to finance it if money is my issue. I just pick race. A gal claiming to be 25. Its insanity and madness abeg. Gals no guy wud marry a desperate babe
Re: Why Is Marriage The Biggest Dream Of Some Girls? by IamPlato(m): 6:02am On Sep 07, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

Anyone who tells you marriage will foster your dreams and ambition(s) is totally lying to your sorry ass. Just pray you do not marry an inconsiderate, unsupportive and a pessimistic man, if you do, you're totally on your own, as someone like that wouldn't want your progress. Succinctly put, you'll maintain neutrality all the days of your life! It's not a curse, but a certainty. It's no crime to be ambitious. Marriage isn't an escape route, but a path for companionship. Find your jam. Help your growth. smiley

I Like To Hear Ladies Say This but At The End Of The Day Some Of Them Cant Stand Struggle Anymore, so They Start Lookin For A Man To Marry Who can Save Them From The Hard Times

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Marriage The Biggest Dream Of Some Girls? by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 07, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
u can chose to ignore society na
Re: Why Is Marriage The Biggest Dream Of Some Girls? by jorion(m): 8:57am On Sep 07, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:

Funny how many people use this same excuse. I have always been defiant but too afraid to show. The day I told society and their dogmas to go to hell so that I can fully concentrate on me and become who I am meant to be, society began to respect me. People usually hide behind excuses especially ladies.
Re: Why Is Marriage The Biggest Dream Of Some Girls? by adebolasamson: 11:31am On Sep 07, 2018
its due to a lot of factors including pressure
Re: Why Is Marriage The Biggest Dream Of Some Girls? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 07, 2018
IntrovertedK:
that's a blatant lie. How about those successful ladies (women) without husband with kids? Do they come from another planet? Or society and village people don't exist where they come from?
You seem ignorant, blind to happenings in your society. You are more interested in the successful ones without husband. Who told u some of them don't yearn for their own husbands? Even when a single successful Lady talks you see people asking "when you go marry"?
Re: Why Is Marriage The Biggest Dream Of Some Girls? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 07, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
You seem ignorant, blind to happenings in your society. You are more interested in the successful ones without husband. Who told u some of them don't yearn for their own husbands? Even when a single successful Lady talks you see people asking "when you go marry"?
i'm not ignorant, i know and understand you perfectly, please try to understand me too. I'm saying, there are people who defy this odd, they don't give in to pressure, no matter what the society brings, they trmpled upon them to become better as an individual, they are happy, they live life to the fullest still regadless of the pressure from society. That's it. That socity pressure of a thing is a mere excuse for many lasy ladies, there are many who don't give in to the pressure. And by the way, i hope you know this society pressure of a thing doesn't apply to ladies only? There are some targeted at men too. Why don't many men then start hiding behind the tale of society pressure then, hun? I know society can be so mean to female buh maybe Africa society only though buh still there are many ladies that defy all odd for their own sake cuz at the end it will be just you and not the society that pressurise you. Many ladies send themselves to their own grave all because of pressure, many give themselves lifetime injury all because of pressure from the society and at the end, they are the one nursing their injury and many that died from this mistake are alone in the grave while the society keep on existing. So society pressure isn't enough reason to loose oneself. And like i said earlier, many ladies only hide behind these society tale of a thing, it's totally a different reason. Why would a lady not have a choice(by choice here i mean many ladies opt for whoever is ready)? Why would a lady not think of the future? Why would a lady believe love would come in marriage? And so many other wrongs in todays marriage. And as for the successful ones, i wasn't just talking about seccess, of course everyone needs someone buh it's not a do or die affair, they choose their happiness first, not saying all successful ladies are happy though or that they made the choice of being the way they are many get used to lack of opportunity and made it a norm while many (or maybe few) made their decision from abinitio and they acheive it. Either woman or man, many yearn for a partner. We all need someone to call ours.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Marriage The Biggest Dream Of Some Girls? by Winter4: 2:16pm On Sep 07, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

I beg to disagree. Marriage actually "Fosters" dreams and ambitions. As long as those dreams and ambitions are there in the first place. It also depends on the person one chooses to marry.A good Marriage does not give a person ambitions or dreams, it encourages/fosters them.
I agree that marriage is not an escape. It can make things worse for an individual without drive sef.
Re: Why Is Marriage The Biggest Dream Of Some Girls? by tunjilana: 2:47pm On Sep 07, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

I like your point but the mistake you are making is thinking the man doesn't want you to progress whereas the burden of running things alone and also drogging u to ur dreams is what is weighing him down...And when he is faced with paying school fees, rent, feeding and also supporting his woman, the man just has to prioritize and that is when the woman feels neglected. The reality is women need to cut down their expectations from marriage except u are marrying someone way way ahead of you in everything...

The fact a man cannot carry it all and still support you doesn't make him inconsiderate and selfish.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help My I Get Erections Almost Everytime / I decided to man up for her. See what happened. / Tiredness During Sex. What Is The Cause Of This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.