Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,603 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Wife Doesn't Seem To Care About Her Appearance - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Wife Doesn't Seem To Care About Her Appearance (2878 Views)

My Wife Doesn't Know I Know She Cheated And That I Did A DNA Test On My Son / What Do You Do If Your Boyfriend's Mom Doesn't Seem To Like You / Man Claims He Doesn't Seem To Understand The Concept Of Clubbing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife Doesn't Seem To Care About Her Appearance by kunleajayi: 4:32pm On May 17, 2018
I'm 35 years old, my wife is 29. We have been together for about 6 years now and have two kids. Not long after our second baby, it became apparent that she stopped caring about her appearance. She's gained a lot of weight, and her dressing became sloppy. She will wear clothes that don't fit, not wear makeup, and now locks her hair, calling it "team natural". I don't expect a trophy wife but I do have some concern for her beauty and how she looks. When i met her she was a svelte, and chick lady. I'm afraid I'm no longer attracted to her physically. Though I've added some weight myself, I do go to the gym and care how I look.

I've told her how i felt, not so much about her weight but about her appearance in general. I think she would have better chances at career mobility if she would dress for success. If she wears jeans that show her butt crack when she sits down, somehow i'm the arsehole for pointing it out, even though people are pointing and laughing. I've offered to help in any way i can, this including exercise together, or share a healthy diet, so it's something we can experience as a couple. Money for new clothes is no problem. She just doesn't care. Aside from the weight gain, when she occasionally takes a few minutes to put on makeup, do her hair, and wear proper clothes, she looks great and I always make a note to compliment her.

Other than this we have a pretty great relationship, no major issues that can't be resolved. I'm just at my wit's end here, and there is nothing i can say or try to hint at that seems to make her consider my feelings enough to make a change. Each time I complain, she'll be like "I'm not trying to look beautiful for someone else". Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Wife Doesn't Seem To Care About Her Appearance by Abbeyme: 4:39pm On May 17, 2018
hmmm.

Let me read what other people would say.. I'll summarize.
Re: Wife Doesn't Seem To Care About Her Appearance by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 17, 2018
Her aim was just to be a married woman and she achieved it. Thats what they do...when in search of hubby, they dress to kill including those age 30+ ladies, behave like an angel, like someone who would do anything to be a husband pleaser but when they shook head inside finish, to see them control na wahala till d matter reach 3rd party or threat to lose her marriage ensues.

Frankly before women fully understand why they are women, using thier man as self mirror, they would be approaching 40, without a man, it would be worse.

Brother be stern in telling her ur mind. If she refuses to adjust, tell someone close to her. What you dont like you dont like. Else, those other things that are okay btwn you two, may start turning sour. That's what I would decisively do.

I have one girl I can dash u sha o...looking fit.

1 Like

Re: Wife Doesn't Seem To Care About Her Appearance by SenhorSean(m): 4:44pm On May 17, 2018
i need to read it all again...brb
Re: Wife Doesn't Seem To Care About Her Appearance by sammysammy111(m): 4:49pm On May 17, 2018
My bro, u no get any excuse, if at all u wedded her in church, I believe d pastor would have told u, its for better for worst, am sensing der is dis new chick, confusing u, and ......
My bro, take her shopping, take her to d saloon, buy her dos tins u want her to use, she will shine for u
No let all dos gals outside scatter ur home

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Doesn't Seem To Care About Her Appearance by Josh64(m): 4:55pm On May 17, 2018
She is 29 and already losing shape? First, you need to sit her down and have a good heart to heart; couples don't tend to do that these days. First, you need to know how she feels about herself. Does she have a high self worth, or a low one? A low self worth can cause this and I cannot make any assumptions since I don't know how she spends her day and finances and kids and all that, but, a good wife still finds time to look good for her husband no matter and you should be able to get her to do some exercises at least and watch her diet. Now, you should show some love when you bring this issue up and let her know how much you love and appreciate her, but as a man, you have certain needs and she simply isn't meeting them physically. Now this could turn ugly real fast depending on her temperament but it should bring her own feelings to the fore and you can work together on this when things calm down.

And she tells you she aint trying to look beautiful for someone else? How bou looking beautiful for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wife Doesn't Seem To Care About Her Appearance by donstan18: 4:59pm On May 17, 2018
cheesy
Re: Wife Doesn't Seem To Care About Her Appearance by mrphysics(m): 5:00pm On May 17, 2018
grin grin

I am so sorry that you are just getting to know this. The goal is just to get married and enjoy life afterwards. After marriage, most ladies lead a careless appearance life. All that they are interested in is the Mrs title, once gotten, then there's no campaign after election is over and won.

If I were you, I will always buy her a ticket to the cinema, fill in into any seminar holding anywhere, and have her go take a look at how ladies slay and dress.

Secondly, ensure you get her sexy cloths and ban the use of wrapper in your house.

Mrphysics writes from Zango Kataf grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Wife Doesn't Seem To Care About Her Appearance by Oreofepeters: 5:28pm On May 17, 2018
This is why some men cheat, when the woman you marry is no longer attracted to you .

But the fault comes from women, the feeling of I am now a mother after giving birth to one or two children . And for that reason you careless about your dressing is never worth it.

While you were searching for Mr Right you lwere sexy but now married you looked shabby.

Bro talk to her ears, tell her you are more concerned about her dressing that failure to adjust may prompt you to looking ouside.

1 Like

Re: Wife Doesn't Seem To Care About Her Appearance by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 17, 2018
cheesy hm
Re: Wife Doesn't Seem To Care About Her Appearance by CAPSLOCKED: 6:19pm On May 17, 2018
kunleajayi:

Other than this we have a pretty great relationship, no major issues that can't be resolved. I'm just at my wit's end here, and there is nothing i can say or try to hint at that seems to make her consider my feelings enough to make a change. Each time I complain, she'll be like "I'm not trying to look beautiful for someone else". Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

CHEAT AND BE HAPPY.

THANKS. smiley

1 Like

Re: Wife Doesn't Seem To Care About Her Appearance by Cutehector(m): 6:24pm On May 17, 2018
My brother.. Please buy your wife new clothes. Buy her short skirts.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Doesn't Seem To Care About Her Appearance by Safiaa(f): 6:32pm On May 17, 2018
You can’t force anyone to do what they don’t want to do. You’ve told her and that’s all you can do. Do you want to force the makeup and clothes on her head. I honestly think its when you start eyeing other women, her own eyes will open. Sometimes you just have to learn the hard way.
Re: Wife Doesn't Seem To Care About Her Appearance by Apina(m): 6:32pm On May 17, 2018
Do something fast o cos the next thing we would hear is how u could not resist one of ur colleagues at work. If possible get angry with her about it so that she sees how big a deal it is. The question is, would she allow herself get fat at 29 if she was still single? undecided
Re: Wife Doesn't Seem To Care About Her Appearance by YoungDaNaval(m): 6:33pm On May 17, 2018
divorce her asap!

1 Like

Re: Wife Doesn't Seem To Care About Her Appearance by nikkypearl(f): 6:34pm On May 17, 2018
YoungDaNaval:
divorce her asap!
you well so ? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Wife Doesn't Seem To Care About Her Appearance by YoungDaNaval(m): 6:37pm On May 17, 2018
nikkypearl:
you well so ? undecided
Am entitled to ma opinion
Re: Wife Doesn't Seem To Care About Her Appearance by Rosay15(f): 6:37pm On May 17, 2018
YoungDaNaval:
divorce her asap!
u bad ohhh undecided
Re: Wife Doesn't Seem To Care About Her Appearance by nikkypearl(f): 6:42pm On May 17, 2018
YoungDaNaval:
Am entitled to ma opinion
no you are not tongue

1 Like

Re: Wife Doesn't Seem To Care About Her Appearance by forzarush(f): 8:45pm On May 17, 2018
Sorry but Safiaa are you married? You need to wear the shoes to know where it pinches rather than judge based on assumption. A lot of things factor into the equation. It may be that the lady in question is depressed, depression has a range. It's not easy looking after the home and family and if one isn't careful, you'll put yourself on the back burner or totally burnout.
You CHOSE each other out of a multitude, try to create the right atmosphere and get her to open up to you,lighten her chores by helping out occasionally, remind her of things she used to do and the resulting results, let her know you are willing to help and remind her you love her.

1 Like

Re: Wife Doesn't Seem To Care About Her Appearance by Safiaa(f): 8:48pm On May 17, 2018
forzarush:
Sorry but Safiaa are you married? You need to wear the shoes to know where it pinches rather than judge based on assumption. A lot of things factor into the equation. It may be that the lady in question is depressed, depression has a range. It's not easy looking after the home and family and if one isn't careful, you'll put yourself on the back burner or totally burnout.
You CHOSE each other out of a multitude, try to create the right atmosphere and get her to open up to you,lighten her chores by helping out occasionally, remind her of things she used to do and the resulting results, let her know you are willing to help and remind her you love her.
Totally get you. But I’m simply judging based on his story, and they’re two sides. So until I hear her side I can only judge from what he’s told us. That’s why I said what I said. I totally understand where you’re coming from sister, you’ve decide to look beyond what he’s said, which is fine.
Re: Wife Doesn't Seem To Care About Her Appearance by Ivorianaija(f): 8:51pm On May 17, 2018
And you yourself have you been keeping up your own appearance? Empty ocean calling melted ice dry.
Re: Wife Doesn't Seem To Care About Her Appearance by kunleajayi: 9:17pm On May 19, 2018
Ivorianaija:
And you yourself have you been keeping up your own appearance? Empty ocean calling melted ice dry.

If you don't have anything sensible to contribute, can you kindly zip your pie-hole?

forzarush:

She is not depressed. I know that for a fact. I do help her as much as I can in regards to the homekeep.

Cutehector:
My brother.. Please buy your wife new clothes. Buy her short skirts.

I do. Most of the times i give her money to buy clothes, she rather spends it on something else. And if at all she does buy clothes, she gets these drab attire that're not appealing. Lke she just buys them to justify my giving her the money.
Re: Wife Doesn't Seem To Care About Her Appearance by SoapQueen(f): 9:49pm On May 19, 2018
Her lack of proper care for her appearance will transmit into your disappearance.
Re: Wife Doesn't Seem To Care About Her Appearance by pocohantas(f): 9:52pm On May 19, 2018
I remember there was a similar thread, though the complainant was a woman. A quick search on Google and I got it.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.nairaland.com/3561261/husband-dresses-like-old-man&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjL1qGl05LbAhUMvxQKHb7tBw8QFggQMAI&usg=AOvVaw2_HtMLVx1m7lcKkbL9gujL

Now, compare the practical comments on that thread with the diatribes up there. You would see why you should keep some marital issues off the current NL audience... or this section at least wink

By the way, are you this same poster?
https://www.nairaland.com/4270193/marriage-finally-ended
Re: Wife Doesn't Seem To Care About Her Appearance by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 19, 2018
Maybe her self esteem took a hit after the second baby. Or it could be that she feels that now she is taking care of the family, taking care of herself is not a priority.
You could try a couple of things if you have not already..
Create a reason for you two to go somewhere that requires her to look nice
Take her shopping yourself, ask her to try some things on for you. She will probably resist at first.insist (nicely) and make it a fun experience. She will see how excited you are in her which will probably lift her self esteem.
Steer her toward women's opinion she trusts. You are probably not the only person who has noticed.
Finally, as someone else has said, there may be a chance of clinical depression. Depression can manifest in different ways. Loss of interest in activities and interests is a sign of depression
I am glad you are not giving up on her.
Re: Wife Doesn't Seem To Care About Her Appearance by kunleajayi: 1:52am On May 20, 2018
pocohantas:

By the way, are you this same poster?
https://www.nairaland.com/4270193/marriage-finally-ended

No I'm not the same poster. We just have similar monikers, now that I see it. undecided
Re: Wife Doesn't Seem To Care About Her Appearance by Kobicove(m): 4:09am On May 20, 2018
Maybe you wife needs a little competition to jolt her

It's obvious that she has become too comfortable and is taking things for granted undecided
Re: Wife Doesn't Seem To Care About Her Appearance by kunleajayi: 2:53pm On May 22, 2018
Kobicove:
Maybe you wife needs a little competition to jolt her

It's obvious that she has become too comfortable and is taking things for granted undecided

Yeah I believe she is too comfortable but I'm not one to cheat on my wife.

(1) (Reply)

13 Dirty Questions To Ask A Girl And Get Her Turned On! – Must See For All Men / Lady Faints As Boyfriend Is Set To Marry Another Girl With ₦650k She Gave Him / How Does One Solve This Situation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.