Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Meghan Markle Gave Up Her Dream Life To Be With Her Dream Man,would You Do Same? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Meghan Markle Gave Up Her Dream Life To Be With Her Dream Man,would You Do Same? (3511 Views)

Bride Mocks Her Ex For Saying No Man Would Ever Marry Her (Photos, Video) / Opinion: This Is Why Every Lady Should Woo Her Dream Man. / Virginity Is The Best Wedding Gift Any Man Would Receive, Says Nigerian Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meghan Markle Gave Up Her Dream Life To Be With Her Dream Man,would You Do Same? by adamasmag: 3:58pm On May 19, 2018
Marriage is one of life’s milestones, marking a major change in a couple’s life. Which may be why some delay marriage longer than others. They may not be ready for all that the married life brings. Besides the obvious things like changing names, gaining in-laws, joining bank accounts, what other changes can couples expect when they make the move from being boyfriend and girlfriend, to husband and wife.

Perhaps you’re wondering what it would be like to be Markle, marrying into this legendary family with the entire world watching. Maybe you’re even–just a little bit–envious. But before you start wishing it was you marrying a royal instead of her, consider everything Markle must give up when she joins the Windsor family:

1. Her career.
Members of the royal family have very busy lives but they can’t have careers the way other people do. That’s giving up a lot for Markle, who was a successful actor. She was also an entrepreneur who published a popular lifestyle website called Tig. She officially ended both as part of her preparation for her wedding.

2. Her social media identity.
Markle had almost 3 million followers among her Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook accounts. She has had to delete them all. The royal family does not have its own personal social media accounts, instead royal family members have official accounts that are carefully managed by palace staff.
3. Signing autographs.
Markle, who starred in the TV series Suits is well accustomed to signing autographs, but she isn’t allowed to anymore. Members of the royal family don’t sign autographs because of the danger that they could be forged. Selfies are frowned on as well.

4. Political opinions (maybe).
Traditionally, the royal family does not run for political office or express political opinions, remaining neutral. Markle is a known feminist and she has expressed dismay at the fact that her marriage into the royal family has led to many comments about her race (she’s biracial). But from here on out, she’s likely to damp down or eliminate political comments in keeping with royal tradition.

Or maybe not. Monarchy watchers agree that Markle represents a new model of princess and they expect her to shake things up somewhat. Markle has been politically active so perhaps one of her innovations will be that she’s a bit more politically outspoken than is usual for a royal.

5. Her favorite food.
Markle’s favorite restaurant is reportedly a sushi restaurant in California. But members of the royal family–who have a busy schedule of appearances and can’t risk food poisoning–are not allowed to eat shellfish. They’re also discouraged from eating undercooked meat. So she likely has to say goodbye to her favorite dinner.

www.adamasmagazine.com.ng
cc Dominique, Mynd44,Seun

1 Like

Re: Meghan Markle Gave Up Her Dream Life To Be With Her Dream Man,would You Do Same? by Bintabisiriyu: 4:00pm On May 19, 2018
Na so, women are meant to be humble.

3 Likes

Re: Meghan Markle Gave Up Her Dream Life To Be With Her Dream Man,would You Do Same? by adamasmag: 4:04pm On May 19, 2018
Bintabisiriyu:
Na so, women are meant to be humble.

hmmm but dont you think its just too much like giving up everything

1 Like

Re: Meghan Markle Gave Up Her Dream Life To Be With Her Dream Man,would You Do Same? by Nobody: 4:06pm On May 19, 2018
You should be able to give up anything for love. Even if you would regret, it would be a beautiful regret, as long as whatever you gave it up for was worth it. kiss
Re: Meghan Markle Gave Up Her Dream Life To Be With Her Dream Man,would You Do Same? by adamasmag: 4:14pm On May 19, 2018
Mariinee:
You should be able to give up anything for love. Even if you would regret, it would be a beautiful regret, as long as whatever you gave it up for was worth it. kiss

Hmmm wisdom there. my question is what if the guy isnt from a wealthy background or rich himself, would a woman still give up everything for her man?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meghan Markle Gave Up Her Dream Life To Be With Her Dream Man,would You Do Same? by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 19, 2018
adamasmag:

Hmmm wisdom there. my question is what if the guy isnt from a wealthy background or rich himself, would a woman still give up everything for her man?
Well, depends on the woman.
Re: Meghan Markle Gave Up Her Dream Life To Be With Her Dream Man,would You Do Same? by AmoryBlacq: 4:17pm On May 19, 2018
Nl Feminist over to you!
Re: Meghan Markle Gave Up Her Dream Life To Be With Her Dream Man,would You Do Same? by Nobody: 4:21pm On May 19, 2018
So she gave up everything to be with her dream man? Like seriously? Who won't give up everything to live in a castle with prince charming?

22 Likes

Re: Meghan Markle Gave Up Her Dream Life To Be With Her Dream Man,would You Do Same? by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 19, 2018
Stop all these romantic and Fairytale mambo jambo, it is extremely hot where I am now angry

She married a prince for her second husband for God sake angry

2 Likes

Re: Meghan Markle Gave Up Her Dream Life To Be With Her Dream Man,would You Do Same? by frbona: 4:28pm On May 19, 2018
AmoryBlacq:
Nl Feminist over to you!
relax
They'll be here sooner than you think

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Meghan Markle Gave Up Her Dream Life To Be With Her Dream Man,would You Do Same? by adamasmag: 4:36pm On May 19, 2018
kimbraa:
So she gave up everything to be with her dream man? Like seriously? Who won't give up everything to live in a castle with prince charming?

heheheheh shocked shocked shocked grin grin
Re: Meghan Markle Gave Up Her Dream Life To Be With Her Dream Man,would You Do Same? by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 19, 2018
adamasmag:

heheheheh shocked shocked shocked grin grin
I asked an objective question 'cause left to me, she didn't give up shìt. She was driven by self-interest as man does in any situation.

5 Likes

Re: Meghan Markle Gave Up Her Dream Life To Be With Her Dream Man,would You Do Same? by adamasmag: 4:47pm On May 19, 2018
kimbraa:
I asked an objective question 'cause left to me, she didn't give up shìt. She was driven by self-interest as man does in any situation.

TBH you have a valid point. but what if this was really true love and the guy is a pauper, she just might still give up everything too grin
Re: Meghan Markle Gave Up Her Dream Life To Be With Her Dream Man,would You Do Same? by Durhleepee(f): 5:00pm On May 19, 2018
I can't give up my whole dream life because of a man, I might have to tone things down a bit to accomodate him and that's only if he has made some concessions too.

1 Like

Re: Meghan Markle Gave Up Her Dream Life To Be With Her Dream Man,would You Do Same? by adamasmag: 5:13pm On May 19, 2018
Durhleepee:
I can't give up my whole dream life because of a man, I might have to tone things down a bit to accomodate him and that's only if he has made some concessions too.

Babe, You are making sense. At least not everything. Wont life be boring?
Re: Meghan Markle Gave Up Her Dream Life To Be With Her Dream Man,would You Do Same? by Dasherz(f): 5:20pm On May 19, 2018
in the end, we still have to regard that she is married to a Prince, .. you wont expect a full fleshed and well successful lady to give up her entire life to all cos of an average man (wealthy or not)
Re: Meghan Markle Gave Up Her Dream Life To Be With Her Dream Man,would You Do Same? by Durhleepee(f): 5:23pm On May 19, 2018
adamasmag:

Babe, You are making sense. At least not everything. Wont life be boring?
Very boring.
Re: Meghan Markle Gave Up Her Dream Life To Be With Her Dream Man,would You Do Same? by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 19, 2018
kimbraa:
I wonder o grin grin grin

More like she gave up smaller dreams for a bigger one cheesy. Something tells me though, a lot is going to change in the Royal Family smiley

6 Likes

Re: Meghan Markle Gave Up Her Dream Life To Be With Her Dream Man,would You Do Same? by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 19, 2018
Her previous life is NOTHING compared to what she just stepped into. 99.9% women will give up their lives to become royalty.

The remaining 0.1% would commit suicide after coming back to their senses.

6 Likes

Re: Meghan Markle Gave Up Her Dream Life To Be With Her Dream Man,would You Do Same? by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 19, 2018
cool
Re: Meghan Markle Gave Up Her Dream Life To Be With Her Dream Man,would You Do Same? by adamasmag: 5:35pm On May 19, 2018
Earthbound:
Her previous life is NOTHING compared to what she just stepped into. 99.9% women will give up their lives to become royalty.

The remaining 0.1% would commit suicide after coming back to their senses.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin you are very funny
Re: Meghan Markle Gave Up Her Dream Life To Be With Her Dream Man,would You Do Same? by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 19, 2018
RuthDaniels:
I wonder o grin grin grin

More like she gave up smaller dreams for a bigger one cheesy. Something tells me though, a lot is going to change in the Royal Family smiley
Most definitely. grin
Re: Meghan Markle Gave Up Her Dream Life To Be With Her Dream Man,would You Do Same? by Sterope(f): 5:51pm On May 19, 2018
There is no such thing as beautiful regret. She married prince charming please. smiley

Mariinee:
Re: Meghan Markle Gave Up Her Dream Life To Be With Her Dream Man,would You Do Same? by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 19, 2018
Sterope:
There is no such thing as beautiful regret.

In love, there is.
Re: Meghan Markle Gave Up Her Dream Life To Be With Her Dream Man,would You Do Same? by Sterope(f): 5:54pm On May 19, 2018
You won't be in love when you are regretting. You would be in pains and tears.
Mariinee:
In love, there is.
Re: Meghan Markle Gave Up Her Dream Life To Be With Her Dream Man,would You Do Same? by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 19, 2018
Sterope:
You won't be in love when you are regretting. You would be in pains and tears.
Lol. You clearly didn't understand my post.
Re: Meghan Markle Gave Up Her Dream Life To Be With Her Dream Man,would You Do Same? by Burgerlomo: 5:57pm On May 19, 2018
adamasmag:

For where? Nibo? Lailai ko le sele cool
Re: Meghan Markle Gave Up Her Dream Life To Be With Her Dream Man,would You Do Same? by Sterope(f): 6:08pm On May 19, 2018
Or you can't explain yourself
Mariinee:
Lol. You clearly didn't understand my post.
Re: Meghan Markle Gave Up Her Dream Life To Be With Her Dream Man,would You Do Same? by BabbanBura(m): 6:15pm On May 19, 2018
Mariinee:

Thank you
Re: Meghan Markle Gave Up Her Dream Life To Be With Her Dream Man,would You Do Same? by BabbanBura(m): 6:16pm On May 19, 2018
adamasmag:
Marriage is one of life’s milestones, marking a major change in a couple’s life. Which may be why some delay marriage longer than others. They may not be ready for all that the married life brings. Besides the obvious things like changing names, gaining in-laws, joining bank accounts, what other changes can couples expect when they make the move from being boyfriend and girlfriend, to husband and wife.

Perhaps you’re wondering what it would be like to be Markle, marrying into this legendary family with the entire world watching. Maybe you’re even–just a little bit–envious. But before you start wishing it was you marrying a royal instead of her, consider everything Markle must give up when she joins the Windsor family:

1. Her career.
Members of the royal family have very busy lives but they can’t have careers the way other people do. That’s giving up a lot for Markle, who was a successful actor. She was also an entrepreneur who published a popular lifestyle website called Tig. She officially ended both as part of her preparation for her wedding.

2. Her social media identity.
Markle had almost 3 million followers among her Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook accounts. She has had to delete them all. The royal family does not have its own personal social media accounts, instead royal family members have official accounts that are carefully managed by palace staff.
3. Signing autographs.
Markle, who starred in the TV series Suits is well accustomed to signing autographs, but she isn’t allowed to anymore. Members of the royal family don’t sign autographs because of the danger that they could be forged. Selfies are frowned on as well.

4. Political opinions (maybe).
Traditionally, the royal family does not run for political office or express political opinions, remaining neutral. Markle is a known feminist and she has expressed dismay at the fact that her marriage into the royal family has led to many comments about her race (she’s biracial). But from here on out, she’s likely to damp down or eliminate political comments in keeping with royal tradition.

Or maybe not. Monarchy watchers agree that Markle represents a new model of princess and they expect her to shake things up somewhat. Markle has been politically active so perhaps one of her innovations will be that she’s a bit more politically outspoken than is usual for a royal.

5. Her favorite food.
Markle’s favorite restaurant is reportedly a sushi restaurant in California. But members of the royal family–who have a busy schedule of appearances and can’t risk food poisoning–are not allowed to eat shellfish. They’re also discouraged from eating undercooked meat. So she likely has to say goodbye to her favorite dinner.

www.adamasmagazine.com.ng
cc Rocktation, farano

That's the original design - but these our ignorant feminists in Naija will not agree with this.

1 Like

Re: Meghan Markle Gave Up Her Dream Life To Be With Her Dream Man,would You Do Same? by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 19, 2018
Sterope:
Or you can't explain yourself
I will, when my battery isn't about to die.
Re: Meghan Markle Gave Up Her Dream Life To Be With Her Dream Man,would You Do Same? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:10pm On May 19, 2018

1. Her career.
If an African man tells his wife to give up her career for their marriage and family these ladies called feminists will take to spit fire and brimstone, calling the man old fashioned and stuck in the past. They will say he's denying them of being "independent" ladies.

If we tell our wives to quit social media and quit taking selfies with guys, the ladies will keep accusing us of being insecure, possessive and whatever...

But it is okay for the Royal Family to institute such rule. Nobody complain of restrictions anymore because royalty is involved. Humans and double standard...

Members of the Royal Family are living their family life the way it is designed to be by God and nature...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Collection Of Office Wears For All Ladies / Your Boyfriend’s Pen!s Is Not For Only You” – 3 Slay Queens Declares (video) / Photos: The Woman With The Biggest B00bs In West Africa Discovered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.