Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Things Meghan Markle Can't Do After She Marries Prince Harry - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Things Meghan Markle Can't Do After She Marries Prince Harry (7866 Views)

Woo That Guy You Like - Lady Advises As She Marries Her Ex - {Photos} / Beyoncé & Meghan Markle Met Publicly For The First Time (Photos) / “Stop Calling Your Boyfriends Baby If You Can't Do This For Him”. See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things Meghan Markle Can't Do After She Marries Prince Harry by weyreypey: 8:46am On May 20, 2018
With all eyes on Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's nuptials, it's pretty easy to forget about all the things that will take place after the big day. Marrying into British royalty is a bit different than becoming a Disney princess. By that we mean there are rules.

It's true that Markle has already begun making some major compromises for her Prince Charming. For one, Markle, who is actually Protestant, will have to be baptized and confirmed into the Church of England prior to marrying Prince Harry, The Telegraph reported. According to New York Post, Markle has also already sold her home in Toronto, Canada. Though we're sure she doesn't mind bunking with royalty. Of course, Markle's both small- and large-scale concessions will only increase in number after the royal wedding.

Here are some things that Markle will be barred from doing after she says "I do" at St. George's Chapel in the spring of 2018.

NO SELFIES:
Pictures abound of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle greeting well-wishers in Nottingham after announcing their engagement. However, what you won't see are any selfies of the pair — whether alone, with each other, or with members of the crowds. Taking a selfie seems like an innocuous thing to do but they're a no for royals. 

Matthew Barzun, a United States ambassador with whom the Queen confided, explained Queen Elizabeth's disdain for cell phone photography to Tatler magazine (via The Telegraph). Apparently, the Queen finds it "strange" to see a sea of cell phones aimed at her when she walks toward a crowd. As far as first-world problems go, this one may pretty much take the cake. Still, it's not hard to understand her point. "She was essentially saying: 'I miss eye contact,'" Barzun explained.

It seems the Queen's personal distaste for selfies has trickled down to the rest of the royal family. You won't find any selfies taken by these Brits and the only selfies of Markle you'll find are from her pre-Harry days.

http://www.thelist.com/116549/things-meghan-markle-cant-marries-prince-harry/sl/traveling-solo-is-a-no-go
Re: Things Meghan Markle Can't Do After She Marries Prince Harry by weyreypey: 8:50am On May 20, 2018
No more signing autographs
As an actress, Meghan Markle has likely signed her fair share of autographs. As a soon-to-be royal, however, those days are now behind her. The reason for this is understandable: royals are prohibited from signing autographs due to the risk of signature forgery, as explained by Express. But, what fun are rules if you can't break them from time to time, right? 

When asked to sign autographs, Prince Charles usually defaults to an apology and tells the public he is unable to do so, The Telegraph reported. Be that as it may, when visiting the Lostwithiel area after a natural disaster, a man whose home had been badly damaged asked for his John Hancock. Charles, feeling moved, obliged by writing "Charles 2010." He may have technically broken the rules but he didn't actually sign his name. 

Markle did something similar in January of 2018 for a 10-year-old fan. According to Time, instead of signing her name on the paper provided, Markle wrote "Hi Kaitlin." Since Markle hasn't attempted this again, the Queen may feel a certain kind of way about skirting the rules. No more autographs — signatures or not — it seems.

Re: Things Meghan Markle Can't Do After She Marries Prince Harry by weyreypey: 8:52am On May 20, 2018
Voting is out
Meghan Markle is far from being apolitical. Robert Lacey, a historian and biographer of Queen Elizabeth told The Guardian, "I can see that this is going to be a real problem in the months and years ahead for her, an existential problem. I don't imagine the Queen will be in a rush to have Meghan at Balmoral [royal family's vacation house in Scotland] when Trump visits." This poses a bit of a conundrum for Markle as a soon-to-be member of the royal family because they are expected to stay mum regarding politics — including their thoughts on specific politicians.

Per the official website of the British royal family, the Queen must "remain strictly neutral with respect to political matters." This includes voting in elections. Although the Queen is the only one explicitly prohibited from politics, members of the royal family abide by the same policy. Unfortunately for Markle, this means she will not be able to share her political views after marrying Harry

1 Like

Re: Things Meghan Markle Can't Do After She Marries Prince Harry by weyreypey: 8:54am On May 20, 2018
No more bare legs for Meg
When pictures surfaced of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announcing their engagement, your eyes may have fixated on the ring immediately. After all, seeing the ring is what most of us want to do when someone we know gets engaged. The ring turned out to be beautiful, as was to be expected, but Markle's legs were what actually stole the show that day. Specifically, her bare legs.

Royal expert Victoria Arbiter explained the situation to Business Insider, saying, "You never see a royal without their nude stockings." Uh-oh. Arbiter added, "I would say that's really the only hard, steadfast rule in terms of what the Queen requires." 

It could be that Markle didn't know the pantyhose policy at that time — ugh, Harry, why didn't you tell her? — as she now abides by the Queen's preference. Since this is a rule Markle has already begun embracing, it will undoubtedly continue to be important after the big day.

Re: Things Meghan Markle Can't Do After She Marries Prince Harry by Nobody: 8:54am On May 20, 2018
How e take concern us

9 Likes

Re: Things Meghan Markle Can't Do After She Marries Prince Harry by weyreypey: 8:56am On May 20, 2018
Best not go to bed before the Queen

It may be obvious to you by now that Queen Elizabeth has some pretty peculiar policies. One of the strangest may be the very one Harry's late mother, Princess Diana, hated to follow. 

In an interview for Juliet Rieden's book, The Royals in Australia (via The Telegraph), the Queen's private secretary, Sir William Heseltine, told of Diana's agony while sitting through long royal dinners. 

He explained, "There'd be an hour or so in the sitting room of everyone sitting around making conversation, and nobody felt it right to go to bed before the Queen did." Eventually, Diana got so sick of the pomp and circumstance that she'd excuse herself and go to bed anyway, despite it being considered "rather bad form." 

If Markle is looking to stay in Queen Elizabeth's good graces, she probably shouldn't follow in Diana's footsteps. When staying at the Queen's residence, she'll unfortunately have to put up with the long — and probably sometimes boring — dinners and social engagements and wait up until the Queen decides to hit the hay.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Meghan Markle Can't Do After She Marries Prince Harry by weyreypey: 9:02am On May 20, 2018
No more acting for this actress

When someone marries into the royal family, their careers don't often come with them. When Prince Philip married Queen Elizabeth some 70 years ago, he became her consort and remained one for over six decades, his biography explains. Prince Philip's days were, and still are, filled with official duties. 

Although Philip was not an actor like Meghan Markle, his official responsibilities crowded out the ability to lead a "normal" life. Grace Kelly, who was an actor prior to marrying Prince Rainier III of Monaco, left her Hollywood career behind.

Markle has decided to follow suit — by quitting Suits. In an interview with BBC, Markle explained her decision, saying, "I don't see it as giving anything up. I just see it as a change. It's a new chapter." Harry, who was also present for the interview, added, "It's not easy for anybody, but I know that at the end of the day she chooses me and I choose her and whatever we have to tackle together or individually will always be us together as a team, so I think she's capable of anything." 

It seems her last role may just be a one-off television show. That is, of course, the much-anticipated televised royal wedding!

1 Like

Re: Things Meghan Markle Can't Do After She Marries Prince Harry by weyreypey: 9:04am On May 20, 2018
Traveling solo is a no-go

Meghan Markle's days of being able to travel solo are already becoming a thing of the past. According to Express, the royal-to-be was issued royal protection officers in the wake of her engagement to Harry. As you might expect, all current and prospective members of the royal family need ample security. 

According to Gordon Rayner, a writer for The Telegraph who has attended 20 royal tours, the royal family has some unique security needs. Heightened security is especially needed and utilized while they're away on royal tours. For example, Rayner wrote, "Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall sometimes take their own alcohol so there's no danger of their drinks being spiked." Yikes! 

Additionally, the royal tours may look effortless to an outsider but they can actually take six months to plan. Rayner gave his perspective, saying, "Touring the world meeting heads of state and being shown cultural treasures sounds like a wonderful life. Yet I have no envy for the Royal family." 

He added that their site visits are hardly ever longer than 40 minutes at a time and they likely will not travel to that same location again. Thankfully, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will at least get a real honeymoon. Well, as real as you can get when you need to be guarded 24/7.

1 Like

Re: Things Meghan Markle Can't Do After She Marries Prince Harry by Nobody: 9:14am On May 20, 2018
She's now in "CHAINS"

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Meghan Markle Can't Do After She Marries Prince Harry by sonofspada(m): 9:25am On May 20, 2018
1stolax:
She's now in "CHAINS"

Never

The word is tailored

She is now tailored

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things Meghan Markle Can't Do After She Marries Prince Harry by Dannieln1: 9:31am On May 20, 2018
1stolax:
She's now in "CHAINS"

No bro she's not in chains
I better die here

Than live long in Kirikiri

9 Likes

Re: Things Meghan Markle Can't Do After She Marries Prince Harry by victrick105: 9:32am On May 20, 2018
this is "living in bondage" now
but it's still better to live in this kind of bondage than to live in the freedom called Nigeria

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things Meghan Markle Can't Do After She Marries Prince Harry by oshe11: 9:36am On May 20, 2018
Thats Nice.....
All she needs to do is Open a Nairaland Acct and be goofy like ME

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things Meghan Markle Can't Do After She Marries Prince Harry by Archangel15: 9:41am On May 20, 2018
Princess Diana died for not following the rules

Meghan you know what to do wink

4 Likes

Re: Things Meghan Markle Can't Do After She Marries Prince Harry by Kobicove(m): 9:47am On May 20, 2018
How does that affect the price of tomatoes in the market? undecided

1 Like

Re: Things Meghan Markle Can't Do After She Marries Prince Harry by Angy55(f): 9:47am On May 20, 2018
This is serious.

1 Like

Re: Things Meghan Markle Can't Do After She Marries Prince Harry by HOLYDICK(m): 9:48am On May 20, 2018
Pretty simple rules to follow apart from goin to bed first before the Queen doees...

This seems absurd to me

7 Likes

Re: Things Meghan Markle Can't Do After She Marries Prince Harry by Angy55(f): 9:49am On May 20, 2018
victrick105:
this is "living in bondage" now
but it's still better to live in this kind of bondage than to live in the freedom called Nigeria

I prefer this kind of bondage than freedom in Nigeria.
Re: Things Meghan Markle Can't Do After She Marries Prince Harry by boss1310(m): 9:58am On May 20, 2018
I don't even understand the hullabaloo about royalties in the world of today.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Meghan Markle Can't Do After She Marries Prince Harry by Nobody: 10:23am On May 20, 2018
this is creepy undecided

1 Like

Re: Things Meghan Markle Can't Do After She Marries Prince Harry by JONNYSPUTE(m): 10:23am On May 20, 2018
Hmmm. Thought she was a feminists? Why would she agree to all that stuff? Lesson for our ladies.

1 Like

Re: Things Meghan Markle Can't Do After She Marries Prince Harry by grandstar(m): 10:36am On May 20, 2018
The poor princess.

And of course, no more boyfriends!

2 Likes

Re: Things Meghan Markle Can't Do After She Marries Prince Harry by Nobody: 10:38am On May 20, 2018
as she get level and know what's up reach o, while our wives wey think say dem know better go wan wear bumshot go market

1 Like

Re: Things Meghan Markle Can't Do After She Marries Prince Harry by Nobody: 10:49am On May 20, 2018
We don't even care

2 Likes

Re: Things Meghan Markle Can't Do After She Marries Prince Harry by weyreypey: 11:05am On May 20, 2018
mistel:
as she get level and know what's up reach o, while our wives wey think say dem know better go wan wear bumshot go market
The creepy thing is that the western world we copy dress decently more than we imagine
Re: Things Meghan Markle Can't Do After She Marries Prince Harry by weyreypey: 11:06am On May 20, 2018
oshe11:
Thats Nice.....

All she needs to do is Open a Nairaland Acct and be goofy like ME
She dares not. The M16 or secret service will be on her case.... Chats, calls, emails, smiles, contacts name it... they'll be there.

5 Likes

Re: Things Meghan Markle Can't Do After She Marries Prince Harry by gregyboy(m): 11:11am On May 20, 2018
Hmmm ....even d britsh riyals have yet not abolish thier archade laws....

Our tribalist here in nigeria will kill themselves when they hear oba nor dey go transfer....

But they will support dont sleep before the Queen

Are both not bondage hypocrite everywhere

5 Likes

Re: Things Meghan Markle Can't Do After She Marries Prince Harry by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 11:13am On May 20, 2018
Hmmmmm! Nothing good comes easy afterall but not going to bed before the Queen
Re: Things Meghan Markle Can't Do After She Marries Prince Harry by oshe11: 11:15am On May 20, 2018
weyreypey:

She dares not. The M16 or secret service will be on her case.... Chats, calls, emails, smiles, contacts name it... they'll be there.
Lolz....

I think say na Naija she deycheesy

It works for me though

Re: Things Meghan Markle Can't Do After She Marries Prince Harry by weyreypey: 11:19am On May 20, 2018
gregyboy:
Hmmm ....even d britsh riyals have yet not abolish thier archade laws....

Our tribalist here in nigeria will kill themselves when they hear oba nor dey go transfer....

But they will support dont sleep before the Queen

Are both not bondage hypocrite everywhere
That is when she's with the Queen
Re: Things Meghan Markle Can't Do After She Marries Prince Harry by weyreypey: 11:20am On May 20, 2018
oshe11:
Lolz....

I think say na Naija she deycheesy

It works for me though
Her life is censored,..... Not the mynd44 lalasticlala Dominique censors o...not even Seun

1 Like

Re: Things Meghan Markle Can't Do After She Marries Prince Harry by oshe11: 11:22am On May 20, 2018
weyreypey:

Her life is censored,..... Not the mynd44 lalasticlala Dominique censors o...not even Seun
Yeah.....

I get you now.

Its worth it sha

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Really Want A Relationship Or Are You Just A Player? / Home Advantage (s*x Story) / Young Girls Pose Naked For A Picture (explicit Content)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.