Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,169 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Peter Obi Buries Sister: To Build Hospital & School In Her Honour - Pics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Buries Sister: To Build Hospital & School In Her Honour - Pics (47317 Views)

Nigeria Ambassador To Burundi Buries Sister-in-law In Enugwu-ukwu. / Nigeria Buries Soldiers At Night In Secret Cemetery - Wall Street Journal / Dead Faruk Bagudu Buried: Atiku Bagudu Buries His Younger Brother (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Buries Sister: To Build Hospital & School In Her Honour - Pics by Sunnynwa: 12:24pm On May 20, 2018
Peter Obi To Build Hospital, Roof School Blocks In Honour Of Late Sister.

By Tai Emeka Obasi

When his eldest sister, Lady Bibiana Adani breathed her last on April 13, 2018( three days to her 63rd birthday), and arrangements of her final farewell began, Mr. Peter Obi was firm in his stance that the dead should be quietly buried with as minimal expenses as possible. His brothers and nephews tried to make him shift but met a stern brick wall. The former Anambra State governor is not called Okwute for nothing. He has long molded his philosophy of life and nobody, not even age, could shift him from his firm beliefs and practices.

To start with, he didn’t tell people, even those very close to him, were not invited to the burial that took place on May 18, 2018. But the deceased had other brothers besides the ex-governor, which included Rev Father Fabian Obi. She had sons, daughters, daughters-in-law and sons-in-law. So people were told and invited for the burial. Mr. Obi also knew that people were invited and from calls and condolence messages he received from many as the burial approached he knew there were going to be a huge crowd to be entertained. But he stayed in his lane.

At the burial mass that was officiated by the bishop of Enugu, Most Rev Callistus Valentine Onaga, the testimonies of how well the late woman lived her life were full of good tidings. And it was exemplified by the auxiliary bishop of Awka, Most Rev. Jonas Benspn Okoye, who delivered the homily.

‘’I prayed to God for one thing when His Lordship, Bishop Onaga invited me to be part of this burial mass. I prayed he should let me handle the homily…and God, who has never failed to answer my prayers to Him, just did it.

‘’When a very good woman, who lived a very exemplary life like the one lying inside this coffin before us today gets to this stage, priests scramble to deliver the homily. Because there is something good to talk about. I am no exception. Let me sum it up thus – if a woman who lived in Onitsha of all places is being described as one that touched a lot of lives the way she did, then she’s going straight to heaven. She was a woman, who quietly and humbly helped, advised and generally impacted positively on so many people. She exemplified the family from Agulu she came from,’’ Bishop Benson extolled.

He talked further on the very good qualities of the woman, who left this world at just 62. At 22 she was already wedded and blessings of the womb followed in good number.

At the end of service, Bishop Onaga called on the former governor to appreciate well-wishers that gathered to pay last respect. By then the former governor of Cross River State, His Excellency Liyel Imoke and entourage had grown the number that included former Anambra State SSG, His Honour Oseloka Henry Obaze and wife, former commissioners Joemartins Uzodike, Dubem Obaze, Dr. Patrick Nky Obi, Ndubisi Menakaya. Also there were Chief Okey Ezibe, Chief Benji Ubah and a host of others.

Mr. Obi took the microphone, appreciated the bishops, priests and everyone present, then went on to astonish all of them.
‘’When my sister died, I told my nephew Jude and his siblings that I wasn’t getting involved with burial expenses and entertaining the people during the ceremony. That it’s their mother and they should handle that.

‘’However, I knew that for the life my dear sister lived, I needed to do something to remember her by. So I asked and found out that a good secondary school in the Adani village that has a population of over 500 students have blocks of leaking roofs all over. So I asked for what it would cost to re-roof the entire blocks and they came back with a quotation of N4 million. I am going to roof that school. I equally asked if they had a good hospital to which they responded there was none. I am going to build one in her village for them. These are my own entertainment contribution to my sister’s goodbye ceremony,’’ Mr. Obi concluded.

Despite the solemnity of the occasion the church erupted with people’s acknowledgement applause. Bishop Onaga was so marveled that he took back the microphone to not only express profound gratitude to the former governor for his very thoughtful gestures but also made a wider call to Nigerians to emulate such lifestyle. The man of God further lamented that we waste so much resources burying the dead, forgetting that those living have obligations to meet.

To others in the church, questions were flying around, ‘’from which part of the planet did this Peter Obi come from? He’s always different and unique in his approach to issues…’’
At the burial proper, many more dignitaries came to condole the former governor. Among them were Senator Victor Umeh and his wife.

The ceremonies continue today in Agulu, her father’s compound as customary.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2181549465194519&id=100000184615106

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Buries Sister: To Build Hospital & School In Her Honour - Pics by abokibuhari: 12:30pm On May 20, 2018
Make I ask if he use am lipsrsealed ?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Buries Sister: To Build Hospital & School In Her Honour - Pics by Righteousness89(m): 12:30pm On May 20, 2018
RIp to the Dead and may GOD ALMIGHTY CONSOLE THOSE LEFT BEHIND...

Mr. Peter Obi I hv Learnt Something new from you this day...
I Doff my Heart for u...

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Buries Sister: To Build Hospital & School In Her Honour - Pics by poncedeleon: 12:31pm On May 20, 2018
I'm

9 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Buries Sister: To Build Hospital & School In Her Honour - Pics by IME1: 12:31pm On May 20, 2018
cry
May she rest in peace
Good one Peter Obi

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Buries Sister: To Build Hospital & School In Her Honour - Pics by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 20, 2018
R.I.P
Re: Peter Obi Buries Sister: To Build Hospital & School In Her Honour - Pics by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 12:32pm On May 20, 2018
shocked shocked

The honest truth about this woman's death is that Peter Obi used her for political and economic ritual.

He was specifically asked to bring someone he hated in his family and Peter Obi donated her.....

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Buries Sister: To Build Hospital & School In Her Honour - Pics by NwaAmaikpe: 12:32pm On May 20, 2018
shocked

If not that I am observing the Ramadan fast. I'd have said maybe she was used for money rituals.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Buries Sister: To Build Hospital & School In Her Honour - Pics by VampireeM(f): 12:33pm On May 20, 2018
Everyone knows Peter Obi is a terrible AkaGum(Miser) so no need creating tales cause that's his personality.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Buries Sister: To Build Hospital & School In Her Honour - Pics by Kobicove(m): 12:34pm On May 20, 2018
She was not that old

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Buries Sister: To Build Hospital & School In Her Honour - Pics by seguno2: 12:34pm On May 20, 2018
This one na better person.
The end of a life should be an opportunity to show gratitude to God by sowing into the lives of others in a meaningful manner.
Thank you Peter Obi.

14 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Buries Sister: To Build Hospital & School In Her Honour - Pics by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 20, 2018
Good! more of his sisters and brothers should die so he can build more hospitals for poor people who can not Afford oversea treatments unlike him and his sister. as it took the death of his sister to Remember that hospital needs to be build. Anu mpama!!

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Buries Sister: To Build Hospital & School In Her Honour - Pics by Psywise: 12:38pm On May 20, 2018
Hmm, which fast you dey observe? I laugh in kigali shocked

If not that I am observing the Ramadan fast. I'd have said maybe she was used for money rituals.[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Buries Sister: To Build Hospital & School In Her Honour - Pics by Mikeross62: 12:38pm On May 20, 2018
Ok
Re: Peter Obi Buries Sister: To Build Hospital & School In Her Honour - Pics by olatade(m): 12:41pm On May 20, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

If not that I am observing the Ramadan fast. I'd have said maybe she was used for money rituals.
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked shocked

The honest truth about this woman's death is that Peter Obi used her for political and economic ritual.

He was specifically asked to bring someone he hated in his family and Peter Obi donated her.....

Both of you should just shut it

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Buries Sister: To Build Hospital & School In Her Honour - Pics by Psywise: 12:42pm On May 20, 2018
Good move. I wonder how some people would be spending millions on the dead when those alive are in need of thousands. Well done obi

9 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Buries Sister: To Build Hospital & School In Her Honour - Pics by CarlosTheJackal: 12:42pm On May 20, 2018
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked shocked

You sound stupid and a fake parody

30 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Buries Sister: To Build Hospital & School In Her Honour - Pics by Deltatoto: 12:43pm On May 20, 2018
Sunnynwa:
Peter Obi To Build Hospital, Roof School Blocks In Honour Of Late Sister.

By Tai Emeka Obasi

When his eldest sister, Lady Bibiana Adani breathed her last on April 13, 2018( three days to her 63rd birthday), and arrangements of her final farewell began, Mr. Peter Obi was firm in his stance that the dead should be quietly buried with as minimal expenses as possible. His brothers and nephews tried to make him shift but met a stern brick wall. The former Anambra State governor is not called Okwute for nothing. He has long molded his philosophy of life and nobody, not even age, could shift him from his firm beliefs and practices.

To start with, he didn’t tell people, even those very close to him, were not invited to the burial that took place on May 18, 2018. But the deceased had other brothers besides the ex-governor, which included Rev Father Fabian Obi. She had sons, daughters, daughters-in-law and sons-in-law. So people were told and invited for the burial. Mr. Obi also knew that people were invited and from calls and condolence messages he received from many as the burial approached he knew there were going to be a huge crowd to be entertained. But he stayed in his lane.

At the burial mass that was officiated by the bishop of Enugu, Most Rev Callistus Valentine Onaga, the testimonies of how well the late woman lived her life were full of good tidings. And it was exemplified by the auxiliary bishop of Awka, Most Rev. Jonas Benspn Okoye, who delivered the homily.

‘’I prayed to God for one thing when His Lordship, Bishop Onaga invited me to be part of this burial mass. I prayed he should let me handle the homily…and God, who has never failed to answer my prayers to Him, just did it.

‘’When a very good woman, who lived a very exemplary life like the one lying inside this coffin before us today gets to this stage, priests scramble to deliver the homily. Because there is something good to talk about. I am no exception. Let me sum it up thus – if a woman who lived in Onitsha of all places is being described as one that touched a lot of lives the way she did, then she’s going straight to heaven. She was a woman, who quietly and humbly helped, advised and generally impacted positively on so many people. She exemplified the family from Agulu she came from,’’ Bishop Benson extolled.

He talked further on the very good qualities of the woman, who left this world at just 62. At 22 she was already wedded and blessings of the womb followed in good number.

At the end of service, Bishop Onaga called on the former governor to appreciate well-wishers that gathered to pay last respect. By then the former governor of Cross River State, His Excellency Liyel Imoke and entourage had grown the number that included former Anambra State SSG, His Honour Oseloka Henry Obaze and wife, former commissioners Joemartins Uzodike, Dubem Obaze, Dr. Patrick Nky Obi, Ndubisi Menakaya. Also there were Chief Okey Ezibe, Chief Benji Ubah and a host of others.

Mr. Obi took the microphone, appreciated the bishops, priests and everyone present, then went on to astonish all of them.
‘’When my sister died, I told my nephew Jude and his siblings that I wasn’t getting involved with burial expenses and entertaining the people during the ceremony. That it’s their mother and they should handle that.

‘’However, I knew that for the life my dear sister lived, I needed to do something to remember her by. So I asked and found out that a good secondary school in the Adani village that has a population of over 500 students have blocks of leaking roofs all over. So I asked for what it would cost to re-roof the entire blocks and they came back with a quotation of N4 million. I am going to roof that school. I equally asked if they had a good hospital to which they responded there was none. I am going to build one in her village for them. These are my own entertainment contribution to my sister’s goodbye ceremony,’’ Mr. Obi concluded.

Despite the solemnity of the occasion the church erupted with people’s acknowledgement applause. Bishop Onaga was so marveled that he took back the microphone to not only express profound gratitude to the former governor for his very thoughtful gestures but also made a wider call to Nigerians to emulate such lifestyle. The man of God further lamented that we waste so much resources burying the dead, forgetting that those living have obligations to meet.

To others in the church, questions were flying around, ‘’from which part of the planet did this Peter Obi come from? He’s always different and unique in his approach to issues…’’
At the burial proper, many more dignitaries came to condole the former governor. Among them were Senator Victor Umeh and his wife.

The ceremonies continue today in Agulu, her father’s compound as customary.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2181549465194519&id=100000184615106
im a politician and I understand what he did Jor.he has given them money behind Obi might be a simple man but there’s no way he won’t support for the burial even the body language sef his friends and associate will support the family of the deceased in solidarity I no how this thgs work

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Buries Sister: To Build Hospital & School In Her Honour - Pics by LadySarah: 12:43pm On May 20, 2018
sorry but this is a funny thread.
Re: Peter Obi Buries Sister: To Build Hospital & School In Her Honour - Pics by EmyPapis(m): 12:43pm On May 20, 2018
Re: Peter Obi Buries Sister: To Build Hospital & School In Her Honour - Pics by Partnerbiz3: 12:46pm On May 20, 2018
The guy will make a good running mate to Atiku.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Buries Sister: To Build Hospital & School In Her Honour - Pics by obua: 12:47pm On May 20, 2018
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked shocked

shatap

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Buries Sister: To Build Hospital & School In Her Honour - Pics by made4naija(f): 12:48pm On May 20, 2018

1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Buries Sister: To Build Hospital & School In Her Honour - Pics by Alejoc(m): 12:49pm On May 20, 2018
Sorry for your loss....

Don't only be responsive you could have honoured her while she was alive!
Re: Peter Obi Buries Sister: To Build Hospital & School In Her Honour - Pics by Bruemath(m): 12:50pm On May 20, 2018
Nice one Mr Obi

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Buries Sister: To Build Hospital & School In Her Honour - Pics by dplordx(m): 12:50pm On May 20, 2018
Hhmm
Re: Peter Obi Buries Sister: To Build Hospital & School In Her Honour - Pics by Ubanagum: 12:52pm On May 20, 2018
Obi deserves an accolade

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Buries Sister: To Build Hospital & School In Her Honour - Pics by 1x2x3: 12:53pm On May 20, 2018
RIP to her.

Should we pray for more to die so more schools and hospitals can be built?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Buries Sister: To Build Hospital & School In Her Honour - Pics by Okoroawusa: 12:53pm On May 20, 2018
In as much as I respect Peter Obi

Does he need his sister's death to do something for his in-laws?

Does he even need to take the microphone and boast about not what he has done prior to the burial but what he will do after the burial?

Peter Obi abeg park well

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Meets The 36 State Governors (Photos) / Quit Notice: I Have Been In Bosso For 45 Years, Where Do I Go? – Yoruba Leader / Key Figures In Buhari’s New Cabinet And Profiles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.