Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,530 members, 7,770,363 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:55 AM

The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (168513 Views)

20 Top Kitchen Secrets Most People Dont Know / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen / The Official Nairaland Kitchen Pt. 2!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (107) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by yme1(f): 6:04pm On May 27, 2010
@jay bee here is your food dear enjoy

ingredients
1 (1-pound) top round steak (1 inch thick), trimmed
1 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried dill
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 (8-ounce) package sliced mushrooms (about 2 cups)
3 garlic cloves, minced(i hardly use garlic tho)
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup beef broth
1 (8-ounce) container low-fat sour cream
2 cups hot cooked medium egg noodles (about 4 ounces uncooked

how to prepare

1. Cut steak diagonally across grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place steak and next 8 ingredients (though garlic) in a 3-quart electric slow cooker; stir well.

2. Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Place flour in a small bowl; gradually add broth, stirring with a whisk until blended. Add broth mixture to slow cooker; stir well. Cover with lid; cook on high-heat setting 1 hour. Reduce to low-heat setting, and cook 7 to 8 hours or until steak is tender. Turn slow cooker off; remove lid. Let stroganoff stand 10 minutes. Stir in sour cream. Serve stroganoff over noodles or rice.
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by yme1(f): 6:04pm On May 27, 2010
@jay bee this is for ya the pic of the sweet stragnoff

i posted how to prepare 3 times but it keeps disappearing angry angry
btw you can have it with rice if you want

Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by eldee(m): 6:05pm On May 27, 2010
MissyB . . . they got no-no-no-nothing on yo babe.
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Pennywise(m): 6:12pm On May 27, 2010
Double yawnnn
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by yme1(f): 6:18pm On May 27, 2010
@jay bee here is your food dear enjoy
ingredients
1 (1-pound) top round steak (1 inch thick), trimmed
1 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried dill
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 (8-ounce) package sliced mushrooms (about 2 cups)
3 garlic cloves, minced(i hardly use garlic tho)
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup beef broth
1 (8-ounce) container low-fat sour cream
2 cups hot cooked medium egg noodles (about 4 ounces uncooked
how to prepare
1. Cut steak diagonally across grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place steak and next 8 ingredients (though garlic) in a 3-quart electric slow cooker; stir well.

2. Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Place flour in a small bowl; gradually add broth, stirring with a whisk until blended. Add broth mixture to slow cooker; stir well. Cover with lid; cook on high-heat setting 1 hour. Reduce to low-heat setting, and cook 7 to 8 hours or until steak is tender. Turn slow cooker off; remove lid. Let stroganoff stand 10 minutes. Stir in sour cream. Serve stroganoff over noodles or rice.
here is how to prepare
this is the third time i am posting this and it keeps disappearing angry
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by suxes2005(m): 6:20pm On May 27, 2010
I dont have appetite now. Wat do u fink i can eat as i am
feeling some rumbles in ma tommy!

SHALOM
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by yme1(f): 6:20pm On May 27, 2010
suxes2005:

I dont have appetite now. Wat do u fink i can eat as i am
feeling some rumbles in ma tommy!

SHALOM
brb i think i have something for ya grin
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by nich(m): 6:41pm On May 27, 2010
mehn! hunger na b[size=2pt].[/size]astard!   angry
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by yme1(f): 6:42pm On May 27, 2010
SOUP ingredients
canned clams
peeled shrimp
crab meat
onion
cabbage
carrots
cilantro
jalapeno
garlic
1 tomato bouillon cube
salt
limes

how to prepare
[b]step 1[/b]__Turn your stove on medium heat. Get a big cooking pot and fill it half way with water. Add one spoonful of salt and one piece of peeled garlic. Then take your bouillon cube and smash it up with your fingers and put it in the water.

[b]step 2[/b]__Cut up all your veggies in bite size pieces and add them to the water. When you cut up the jalapenos cut them in four long pieces and add them to the water. Know you will want to wash your hands so the jalapenos don't burn your skin.

[b]step 3[/b]___Cook the veggies until they are soft.It usually takes fifteen minutes. When the veggies are ready add your clams,shrimp and crab meat. Cook for about five more minutes. When you are ready to serve squeeze some lime over the soup.
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by yme1(f): 6:43pm On May 27, 2010
this is for ya @suxes2005
its Mexican(spanish) Seafood Soup

Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by nich(m): 6:43pm On May 27, 2010
y me, pls dont do this. nna, i need to find the nearest kitchen!  tongue
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by yme1(f): 6:46pm On May 27, 2010
nich:

y me, pls dont do this. nna, i need to find the nearest kitchen! tongue
the kitchen is here just say what you want to eat and Y ME or MISSYB or someone else will prepare it for ya tongue
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by mamagee3(f): 6:52pm On May 27, 2010
May I have a Can of Orange soda with a bowl of salad, please?
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by nich(m): 7:03pm On May 27, 2010
y me:

the kitchen is here just say what you want to eat and Y ME or MISSYB or someone else will prepare it for ya tongue
nna, no bruise me!

mama-gee:

make it 2 servings cheesy wink
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by yme1(f): 7:12pm On May 27, 2010
mama-gee:

you never said the kind of salad you wanted but i took my time and prepared Red Broccoli Salad for you

ingredients
2 pounds bacon
1 large head fresh broccoli, chopped
3/4 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup minced green onions
1/4 cup diced red onion
1 1/2 cups seedless grapes, halved
3/4 cup blanched slivered almonds
1/4 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
1 cup mayonnaise

how to prepare
1.Place bacon in a large skillet. Cook, turning frequently, over medium high heat until evenly browned. Cool, and then crumble.
2.Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Spread slivered almonds on a cookie sheet. Bake for approximately 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once during toasting. Cool.
3.In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar. Set aside.
4.In a large bowl, combine broccoli, crumbled bacon, celery, green onions, red onions, grapes, and toasted almonds. Toss with mayonnaise dressing. Chill for several hours in the refrigerator.
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by yme1(f): 7:12pm On May 27, 2010
enjoy cheesy

Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by tkb417(m): 7:13pm On May 27, 2010
@tbk417
darling come in here and tell me what you wanna eat  

@missyB____i like this baby
baby, im terribly hungry

anythin will be fine

just serve me anythn 'correct' with a bottle of Dom perignon vintage 2000
abeg and then we can relax under the sheets
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by yme1(f): 7:25pm On May 27, 2010
tkb417:

baby, im terribly hungry

anythin will be fine

just serve me anythn 'correct' with a bottle of Dom perignon vintage 2000
abeg and then we can relax under the sheets
i like the bolded word now lets eat

just let me know if you want something else cheesy

Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 27, 2010
mayyyyyynee see lems shocked shocked shocked shocked
please hot pepper stew with a cow leg please tongue tongue tongue
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by tkb417(m): 7:32pm On May 27, 2010
baby mi

so nice of u. kiss kiss kiss

i dont need anythn for now till tmr. Lemme do the DOM P, then i can concentrate on ur lemons grin grin
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by nich(m): 7:33pm On May 27, 2010
luizworld:

mayyyyyynee see lems shocked shocked shocked shocked
please hot pepper stew with a cow leg please tongue tongue tongue

grin  no let your eyes fall inside the pepper stew o.   grin
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by nich(m): 7:35pm On May 27, 2010
tkb417:

baby mi

i dont need anythn for now till tmr. Lemme do the DOM P, then i can concentrate on your lemons grin grin

guy, sofly sofly o. don pariolodo just informed me that the kids are still awake o. and biko dont disturb Y me just yet: my diner is yet to be served.

aaah! and here it comes! splendid! mama miyaa! tongue
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by tkb417(m): 7:37pm On May 27, 2010
nich:

guy, sofly sofly o. don pariolodo just informed me that the kids are still awake o. and biko dont disturb Y me just yet: my diner is yet to be served.

lmao grin grin grin grin
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by yme1(f): 7:48pm On May 27, 2010
anyone wants cheesecake with chocolate? grin

ingrdients
Unsweetened cocoa (for dusting)
1 (18.25 ounces) package devil's food cake mix
1 (3.4 ounces) package chocolate instant pudding mix
3 large eggs
1 1/4 cups milk
1 cup canola oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoon chocolate extract (optional)
1 teaspoon almond extract
3 (1.55 ounces) milk chocolate bars, chopped (for example Hersheys)
3 (16 ounces) cans cream cheese frosting
1 (7.75 ounces) boxes frozen cheesecake bites, coarsely chopped
1 (12 ounces) jar dulce de leche caramel sauce
Double chocolate rolled wafer cookies, coarsely broken
Chocolate fudge rolled wafer cookies, coarsely broken

how to prepare
Pre-heat the oven at 350 degrees F,Combine the cake mix, milk, oil, instant pudding mix, eggs, chocolate extract, vanilla extract, and almond extract in a large bowl. Mix with an electric mixer for a minute at a low speed. Turn the mixer on a medium speed and beat for 2 additional minutes.
Use a rubber spatula to manually fold in the chopped milk chocolate bars.4Grease the cake pans and then lightly dust the bottoms with cocoa.5Place the pans in the oven for about 32 minutes or when the cakes "spring back" when you lightly touch them.6Leave the cakes to cool for about 10 minutes. Carefully remove the cakes from the pans and use cooling racks to let them cool completely.7Wrap each cake in plastic wrap and place them in the refrigerator between 1 to 24 hours Slice each cake into half horizontally with a serrated knife. You'll get 4 layers out of this
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by yme1(f): 7:48pm On May 27, 2010
enjoy kiss kiss

Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by yme1(f): 7:52pm On May 27, 2010
tkb417:

baby mi
i dont need anythn for now till tmr. Lemme do the DOM P, then i can concentrate on your lemons grin grin
oya come here and give it to me like boom boom boom grin

nich:

papa miyaaaaaaaaa what do you wanna eat? wink
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by yme1(f): 8:00pm On May 27, 2010
Take This grin

check the vegetable soup at the middle wink

Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by yme1(f): 8:02pm On May 27, 2010
pounded yam and ogbono soup kiss kiss tho i like Egusi more kiss kiss kiss kiss

hope you like it tongue

Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Newest: 8:25pm On May 27, 2010
Y me & Missy B, u girls wont kill me today

i just finsih eating 2bowls of eba, but with this am seeing, my stomach wants moreeeee
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by yme1(f): 8:29pm On May 27, 2010
Akaragrin

how to prepare
Soak some beans in a large container (some people recommend lightly grounding the beans first to make it easier to remove the skin) for about an hour or so.
Rub the beans between your hands to peel the skin off. (The skin should float to the top of the container.) Keep doing this until you have most of the skin off the beans.
Grind the beans into a smooth, thick, finely-ground paste.
Add salt, pepper, and if you desire, also add meat (but the meat should already be cooked if you do so).
Put vegetable oil into a pot, until it is at least 2 inches (or about 5 centimeters) high (too little will result in flatter balls), and place on low heat.
Test to make sure the oil is hot enough by putting a 'drop' of batter into the oil, and making sure the oil is frying the 'drop'.
Using a spoon, pour 'balls' of the mixture into the frying oil. Fry until it is dark brown (or lighter if you prefer). Turn over and make sure both sides are fried.
You can place it directly into a napkin to soak up excess oil.
Usually eaten as a snack, or at breakfast with aka-mu or custard
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by yme1(f): 8:30pm On May 27, 2010
pic
NOTE_thats fried potato at the bottom cheesy

Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 8:36pm On May 27, 2010
Tried my hands at suya last night . . . excellente!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (107)

Baby Food Recipes! / List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES) / Making A Very Fluffy Cake?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.