Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:37 AM

The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (168509 Views)

20 Top Kitchen Secrets Most People Dont Know / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen / The Official Nairaland Kitchen Pt. 2!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (107) (Go Down)

The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by MissyB1(m): 1:52pm On May 25, 2010

In here, You can eat and drink whatever. Just state what You want and I or any other good cook [not restricted to a particular gender] will prepare the meal and serve it.
Here's a picture of the Kitchen

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/4893_p-scl_internationalgourmet_jpg9297bc80c123107671060bbc2fafe7db[/img]

Enjoy!! cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by MissyB1(m): 1:56pm On May 25, 2010
I'm hungry and would like to have Pasta alla Carbonara  kiss kiss kiss
I'll just prepare it for maself . . . .  cheesy

Ingredients

• 1 Pound spaghetti
• 6 Strips bacon, diced
• 1/4 tsp Black pepper
• 1/2 Cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
• 4 Egg yolks
• 1 Cup grated Parmesan
• 1/2 tsp Kosher salt

How to Prepare

• Cook the spaghetti as per the package instructions. 
• Fry the bacon in a skillet over medium heat. 
• Put the fried bacon on a paper towel. Reserve the drippings. 
• Beat the egg yolks in a large bowl. 
• Add 2 tbsp of the drippings while whisking the egg constantly. 
• Add the Parmesan and drained pasta to the egg yolk mixture. 
• Toss to mix. 
• Add parsley, bacon, pepper and salt. 
• Serve immediately.

Food is ready :

2 Likes

Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Sauron1: 2:00pm On May 25, 2010
Missy B,

I wanna cook a normal stew. I have got all the ingredients but i just dunno how to go about it.
Can your excellency explain how to crack this?
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 25, 2010
hmmmm, please can i have pounded yam and some really good soup, preferably egunsi which must as a matter of fact include, ponmo, stock fish, periwinkle, fresh fish, snail and shaki. And to step down, chilled oguro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by MissyB1(m): 2:19pm On May 25, 2010
Assuming You want a Chicken stew . . .

Ingredients :
- Chicken
- Fresh Chillies
- Onions
- Tomatoes puree
- Thyme
- Curry
- Olive Oil *
- Salt
- Maggi

How to Prepare

Wash and disjoint the chicken, cut into pieces.
Season with salt add the sliced onions thyme curry and cook for 30-40 minutes until tender.
Heat up half of the oil in a pan and fry the cooked chicken until brown but not too dry. In another pot, heat up the rest of the oil and fry the ground onions, chillies and tomatoes for 20minutes until fairly dry.
Add the tomato puree and some stock if required.
Stir thoroughly and add the fried chicken pieces. Cook and simmer gently for another 10 minutes stirring frequently until well blended. Removes from fire and serve with Boiled rice and fried plantain*

Food is ready, lord Sauron  cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Sauron1: 2:22pm On May 25, 2010
Missy B:

Assuming You want a Chicken stew . . .

Ingredients :
- Chicken
- Fresh Chillies
- Onions
- Tomatoes puree
- Thyme
- Curry
- Olive Oil *
- Salt
- Maggi

How to Prepare

Wash and disjoint the chicken, cut into pieces.
Season with salt add the sliced onions thyme curry and cook for 30-40 minutes until tender.
Heat up half of the oil in a pan and fry the cooked chicken until brown but not too dry. In another pot, heat up the rest of the oil and fry the ground onions, chillies and tomatoes for 20minutes until fairly dry.
Add the tomato puree and some stock if required.
Stir thoroughly and add the fried chicken pieces. Cook and simmer gently for another 10 minutes stirring frequently until well blended. Removes from fire and serve with Boiled rice and fried plantain*

Food is ready, lord Sauron  cheesy

Bravo!! Bravo!!! Bravo!!!
I am in me apron now and i will follow your direction to the T.
Will def'ly come back with the feedbacks.

Thank you, ma'am.
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by MissyB1(m): 2:29pm On May 25, 2010
adusol:

hmmmm, please can i have pounded yam and some really good soup, preferably egunsi which must as a matter  of fact include, ponmo, stock fish, periwinkle, fresh fish, snail and shaki. And to step down, chilled oguro
See Ya mauth Like pounded Yam. A plate of that will cost You € 50. cheesy

Ingredients:

Egusi Soup
2 pounds boneless goat meat, cut in bite-size pieces
dried fish, to taste
2 medium onions, roughly chopped
Coarse salt
4 maggi cubes, or other chicken bouillion cubes
3 cups water
4 fresh Jamaican chile peppers
dried shrimp, to taste
dried crayfish, to taste
2 cups melon seed
1 package frozen spinach, thawed (340 g)
1/2 cup palm oil
1 cup vegetable oil

Pounded Yam
2 cups Negro yam flour
2 cups water

How to Prepare:

Egusi Soup

1.Put the goat meat in a medium pot.
2.Rinse the dried fish and add it to the pot.
3.Add 1 onion, salt to taste and 2 maggi cubes.
4.Add 3 cups water and bring to a boil on high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 min.
5.Meanwhile, put the chile peppers and the remaining onion in a blender and puree.
6.Scrape the onion pepper mixture into a bowl and set aside.
7.Put the shrimp, crayfish and melon seed in a clean blender and blend until a powder forms.
8.Put it in a bowl and set aside.
9.Squeeze the excess liquid from the spinach and set aside.
10.After 30 minutes, check the meat.
11.If it is still tough, add more water to the pot so that cooking liquid covers the meat.
12.Continue to cook until the goat is fork tender, add the onion pepper mixture and cook 15 minutes.
13.Reduce heat to medium and add the melon seed mixture.
14.Cook 30 minutes longer and add the spinach, the oils and the 2 remaining maggi cubes.
15.Cover it and cook for another 15 minutes.

Pounded Yam
1.Bring 1 3/4 cups water to a boil on high heat.
2.Turn the heat to medium and stir in the pounded yam flour.
3.Keep stirring until it is smooth and soft. If it is really thick, add some hot water. It will have a similar texture to polenta.

Food is ready.

[img]http://2.bp..com/_fUB2wCHK-d4/SZiqVGzvRgI/AAAAAAAAAQY/pvhs83otKEQ/s800/Picture+018.jpg[/img]

3 Likes

Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by MissyB1(m): 2:30pm On May 25, 2010
~Sauron~:

Bravo!! Bravo!!! Bravo!!!
I am in me apron now and i will follow your direction to the T.
Will def'ly come back with the feedbacks.

Thank you, ma'am.
Just when I thought You'D be a gentleman by inviting me to Ya place. sad
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Sauron1: 2:35pm On May 25, 2010
Missy B:

Just when I thought You'D be a gentleman by inviting me to Ya place. sad

Relax now. . . . .Stew is still in work-in-progress status.
I'll invite you when it's done.
U will surely like ma smoked turkey. wink
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by MissyB1(m): 2:40pm On May 25, 2010
grin Waiting . . .
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 25, 2010
Missy B:

See Ya mauth Like pounded Yam. A plate of that will cost You € 50. cheesy

Ingredients:

Egusi Soup
2 pounds boneless goat meat, cut in bite-size pieces
dried fish, to taste
2 medium onions, roughly chopped
Coarse salt
4 maggi cubes, or other chicken bouillion cubes
3 cups water
4 fresh Jamaican chile peppers
dried shrimp, to taste
dried crayfish, to taste
2 cups melon seed
1 package frozen spinach, thawed (340 g)
1/2 cup palm oil
1 cup vegetable oil

Pounded Yam
2 cups Negro yam flour
2 cups water

How to Prepare:

Egusi Soup

1.Put the goat meat in a medium pot.
2.Rinse the dried fish and add it to the pot.
3.Add 1 onion, salt to taste and 2 maggi cubes.
4.Add 3 cups water and bring to a boil on high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 min.
5.Meanwhile, put the chile peppers and the remaining onion in a blender and puree.
6.Scrape the onion pepper mixture into a bowl and set aside.
7.Put the shrimp, crayfish and melon seed in a clean blender and blend until a powder forms.
8.Put it in a bowl and set aside.
9.Squeeze the excess liquid from the spinach and set aside.
10.After 30 minutes, check the meat.
11.If it is still tough, add more water to the pot so that cooking liquid covers the meat.
12.Continue to cook until the goat is fork tender, add the onion pepper mixture and cook 15 minutes.
13.Reduce heat to medium and add the melon seed mixture.
14.Cook 30 minutes longer and add the spinach, the oils and the 2 remaining maggi cubes.
15.Cover it and cook for another 15 minutes.

Pounded Yam
1.Bring 1 3/4 cups water to a boil on high heat.
2.Turn the heat to medium and stir in the pounded yam flour.
3.Keep stirring until it is smooth and soft. If it is really thick, add some hot water. It will have a similar texture to polenta.

Food is ready.

[img]http://2.bp..com/_fUB2wCHK-d4/SZiqVGzvRgI/AAAAAAAAAQY/pvhs83otKEQ/s800/Picture+018.jpg[/img]

thanks Ma'am cool
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Woke4all(m): 5:19pm On May 25, 2010
Wow, Can i please have OGBONO SOUP and HOT EBA?
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Sauron1: 5:26pm On May 25, 2010
Missy B:

grin Waiting . . .

Food is ready o, Missy B.
Start coming. . . . .I suggest you pack your weekend bag too. wink
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Demdem(m): 6:39pm On May 25, 2010
emmmm Missy, Can u kindly help me prepare IKOKORE. i really love it. The Ijebus eat it a lot in western naija
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Abbygyal(f): 7:11pm On May 25, 2010
i love dat kitchennnnnnnnnn! grrr!
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by MissyB1(m): 10:35pm On May 25, 2010
Demdem:

emmmm Missy, Can u kindly help me prepare IKOKORE. i really love it. The Ijebus eat it a lot in western naija
I don't know how to prepare that, sorry.  embarassed

~Sauron~:

Food is ready o, Missy B.
Start coming. . . . .I suggest you pack your weekend bag too. wink
I hope I wouldn't be coming to nurse You?
'cause I doubt You didn't spill the hot oil on You. grin

Me wants a fun-filled weekend of endless cooking [by Sauron, of course]
and eating and . . .  wink cheesy wink

Abbygyal:

i love dat kitchennnnnnnnnn! grrr!
I Love it too.
It spacious and would serve other purposes other than just cooking.
[size=5pt]**Giggling at the evil thought running through ma mind.** cheesy[/size]

1 Like

Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Abbygyal(f): 10:48pm On May 25, 2010
Missy B:

I Love it too.
It spacious and would serve other purposes other than just cooking.
[size=5pt]**Giggling at the evil thought running through ma mind.** cheesy[/size]

lol. . . oh yh . . .! hmmmn lol
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Freiburger(m): 10:53pm On May 25, 2010
hmmmmm i'm hungry. wink wink wink
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by MissyB1(m): 10:56pm On May 25, 2010
Woke4all:

Wow,   Can i please have OGBONO SOUP and HOT EBA?
Yes, sir!

Ingredients:
Ground ogbono
Meat--Goat-Oporoko-dryfish-crayfish-snail-- optional or whatever meat you have
cup of palm oil
1Tsp of dry pepper
Mushrooms--optional
Maggi
Water
Crayfish
Vegetable [bitter-leaf, pumkin(?), ewedu, spinach]
Salt [to your liking]

How to Prepare:

Wash your meat well and season with the maggi and salt and start boilling.
melt your Oghono with the palm oil in another sauce pan and set aside.
When your meat is almost done to your liking, add the dryfish, crayfish [ground], vegetable, pepper, and let them cook to your taste.
Then finally add Ogbono [ground]. Mix well, in order to avoid lumps and let it cook for a few minute.
Add water if it's too thick [becareful, how much water You put. Ogbono is suppose to 'draw'] You can later add chopped Okra if you want. Enjoy!!

I'm sure You can prepare the Eba Yourself. grin

Food is ready.

Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Abbygyal(f): 10:57pm On May 25, 2010
missy B, uno do well oo

omg im starvinggggggg!!!! the ogbono is banging!
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by MissyB1(m): 10:58pm On May 25, 2010
Freiburger:

hmmmmm i'm hungry. wink wink wink
Be a gentleman . . .Get into the Kitchen and prepare something for the Ladies.
We're hungry!!

Abbygyal:

missy B, uno do well oo

omg im starvinggggggg!!!! the ogbono is banging!
Be patient, sis . . .Frieburger is about to cook us sum'n' to eat.
What would You have? cheesy
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 3:42am On May 26, 2010
Can I have some fried rice with some veges and goat meat? And a bottle of Malt on the side?  tongue
Thanks. . .I'll be waiting.  grin
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Sissy3(f): 4:13am On May 26, 2010
madam

can i have some meat-pie with chilled coke so to calm my brawling stomach down while i await my EDIKANG IKONG SOUP served with amala. Ose. dalu. cool
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Woke4all(m): 5:01am On May 26, 2010
Missy B:

Yes, sir!

Ingredients:
Ground ogbono
Meat--Goat-Oporoko-dryfish-crayfish-snail-- optional or whatever meat you have
cup of palm oil
1Tsp of dry pepper
Mushrooms--optional
Maggi
Water
Crayfish
Vegetable [bitter-leaf, pumkin(?), ewedu, spinach]
Salt [to your liking]

How to Prepare:

Wash your meat well and season with the maggi and salt and start boilling.
melt your Oghono with the palm oil in another sauce pan and set aside.
When your meat is almost done to your liking, add the dryfish, crayfish [ground], vegetable, pepper, and let them cook to your taste.
Then finally add Ogbono [ground]. Mix well, in order to avoid lumps and let it cook for a few minute.
Add water if it's too thick [becareful, how much water You put. Ogbono is suppose to 'draw'] You can later add chopped Okra if you want. Enjoy!!

I'm sure You can prepare the Eba Yourself. grin

Food is ready.

hmmm missy you are such a good cook. cheesy

Are you single & free cheesy
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Demdem(m): 7:47am On May 26, 2010
I don't know how to prepare that, sorry.

Shai, u just Broke my heart. Anyway, no yawa. GOD DEY
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by MissyB1(m): 8:50am On May 26, 2010
Woke4all:

hmmm missy you are such a good cook. cheesy

Are you single & free cheesy
Very much single and free. Oya, come see ma Papa. cheesy

Demdem:

Shai, u just Broke my heart. Anyway, no yawa. GOD DEY
shocked shocked Abeg, who get super glue? tongue
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by MissyB1(m): 9:01am On May 26, 2010
Yield:

Can I have some fried rice with some veges and goat meat? And a bottle of Malt on the side?  tongue
Thanks. . .I'll be waiting.  grin
Long throat!! cheesy
Being a Lady, I assume You already know how to prepare it.
I'll spare You the lecture and serve You right away. Thank me!! grin

Food is ready.

[img]http://www.afrodomtom.fr/alimentation_exotique_par_pays/Afrique/cameroun/malta-guiness.jpg[/img]

Chei!! Malta Guiness eh. I miss Naija Die! cry
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by MissyB1(m): 9:20am On May 26, 2010
~Sissy~:

madam

can i have some meat-pie with chilled coke so to calm my brawling stomach down while i await my EDIKANG IKONG SOUP served with amala. Ose. dalu. cool
Ewo!! Na Your throat long pass, sef. angry
Same goes for You, I'll spare You the lecture.

Here's Your Food

[img]http://4.bp..com/_fUB2wCHK-d4/SgdVUGH60JI/AAAAAAAAAfI/tXS98aMXkk4/s800/open+meat+pies.jpg[/img]

[img]http://dump.3d-artist.nl/Freework/coca-cola.jpg[/img]
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by MissyB1(m): 9:30am On May 26, 2010
~Sissy~:

madam

Here's Your Edikang Ikong soup and amala.   smiley

[img]http://4.bp..com/_9ebDh15EBAs/So_GLWF5TJI/AAAAAAAAADA/woZqOAg7OhU/s320/cucumber+water.jpg[/img]

Buon appetito!!
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by freshera: 10:42am On May 26, 2010
Ha Missy B, well done o!
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by MissyB1(m): 11:17am On May 26, 2010
Thank You, jare! cheesy
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Woke4all(m): 12:04pm On May 26, 2010
Missy B:

Very much single and free. Oya, come see ma Papa. cheesy
shocked shocked tongue
Y you dey rush na? Na me & you first before papa na. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (107)

Baby Food Recipes! / List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES) / Making A Very Fluffy Cake?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.