Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,461 members, 7,819,680 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! (25631 Views)

How Do You Handle Emotional Blackmail? / What Is It With African/black Parents And Emotional Blackmail? / My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by Tbaby4real(f): 11:09am On May 25, 2018
Elliot2:
Sisturh, I did not say my prayers made him who he is,and i am not against him taking care of his family. You must agree with me that he did not become who he is overnight or by magic, because someone gave him that chance,that job,that money,that education,and all that. He grew up with his siblings during the trial period, and not with the wife or child. The collective sacrifices made by the whole family can not be over emphasized;while the younger ones starved when the meagre money in the family was used in training him-- nobody complained. The family fostered in love. I believe you didn't come from a poor family with a single parent (mother) who had to take care of over 8 children,without any education or help from anywhere. Do you know what it feels like? It was love and oneness that gave us the courage to forge ahead. Do you know the pain of betrayal that that one sibling can not help you grow? It is not like you are bugging him, but he is waiting to become the richest man kn the world before he can help others. lol. #ps. we are all doing fine now. nobody waits on the other to survive. momma made us all champs.

I must say your mother is a very strong woman and may God keep her strong and healthy while she eat the fruit of her labour.
I am just saying that since he decided to start his own family, his siblings become his extended family.
Also, it might take him some time to balance up his two important family he has. I am just saying that you shouldn’t have mentioned he decided to take his wife and child with him and leave his brother cos trust me they are his priority. I am married also and my husband and my kids are my priority then my extended family. Finally, you may not know what he is going through abroad so don’t say that he does not want to help. Again, may mama live long to see you all prosper.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 25, 2018
Elliot2:
Sisturh, I did not say my prayers made him who he is,and i am not against him taking care of his family. You must agree with me that he did not become who he is overnight or by magic, because someone gave him that chance,that job,that money,that education,and all that. He grew up with his siblings during the trial period, and not with the wife or child. The collective sacrifices made by the whole family can not be over emphasized;while the younger ones starved when the meagre money in the family was used in training him-- nobody complained. The family fostered in love. I believe you didn't come from a poor family with a single parent (mother) who had to take care of over 8 children,without any education or help from anywhere. Do you know what it feels like? It was love and oneness that gave us the courage to forge ahead. Do you know the pain of betrayal that that one sibling can not help you grow? It is not like you are bugging him, but he is waiting to become the richest man kn the world before he can help others. lol. #ps. we are all doing fine now. nobody waits on the other to survive. momma made us all champs.

Lol..mama performed her duty as your mum. Your brother did not ask to be born, neither did he ask to have 7 siblings.

He is not your mother’s husband, he is not your father. A mother’s joy should be that she has raised independent children. You people should stop gossiping and beefing him.

What did your mother expect will happen after having 8 children? Is it water that will be used in training you people before?

What yeye sacrifices did you as siblings make for him? Better face your life and stop having poverty conversations.

If you like born 8, and marry a woman that doesn’t have any tangible thing doing, and see if you people will not struggle to train the 8 children.

No your brother should have flung his immediate family away to take you with him abroad to prove that he is loyal.
Whether they divorced or not, face your life, and stop being sour because you didn’t get the opportunity to be a leech.

Una no go ever fit stop with emotional blackmail.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by Elliot2(m): 10:22am On May 29, 2018
it was his sibling who gave him t.p to d interview dat got him d job he has nw. his sibling relationship crashed cos she gave him her b.f savings when he was duped in a bad deal n was in debt. life big pass ur miopic mind!
Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by Elliot2(m): 10:30am On May 29, 2018
when life happens,not even ur wife,children, parents,friends,or ur wealth,gurantee happiness. but every good deeds, happy moments with self n loved ones,n strangers,counts.
Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by Tbaby4real(f): 4:38pm On May 29, 2018
Elliot2:
when life happens,not even ur wife,children, parents,friends,or ur wealth,gurantee happiness. but every good deeds, happy moments with self n loved ones,n strangers,counts.

You need to stop talking already.The bitter truth is your brother did not owe you kobo. If you contribute for transport fare for an interview, ask for it. i am sure he will be glad to refund you. Your contribution to his transport fare did not mean you have a share in his life so he have to take you with him instead of his own family. Just stop!!!
Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by Elliot2(m): 6:56pm On May 29, 2018
Refund?! d joke is on you! if ungratefulness and greediness is the new cool to you,then that is ur life. but i know life will not be short of good people,who allow love to reign. At the end of d day that is what matters.
Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by Elliot2(m): 7:12pm On May 29, 2018
i am d last born n am of age now, so i dont see who is burdening d other. i am surprised that being an extended family member limits one in dis age n time when pipo help total strangers.
Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by Tbaby4real(f): 7:33pm On May 29, 2018
Elliot2:
i am d last born n am of age now, so i dont see who is burdening d other. i am surprised that being an extended family member limits one in dis age n time when pipo help total strangers.

Go get yourself together and leave your brother alone. If you need a visa to travel out of the country, go apply for one and stop waiting on him. You tag him greedy cos he decided not to be your atm, you also tag him ungrateful cos he choose to take his family first. You are celebrating his divorce cos he did not do as you guys wanted. As Reasonabledoubt said, he is not asked to have 7 siblings and he was not there when the decision was made so free him.
Yes been responsible to oneself is my life. I have not even fault my parent for not doing everything I had wanted for me , na my siblings I would be waiting for. If your brother is facing divorce as you said then he got alot on his plate already. Get your ass togther Mr and stop emotionally blackmailing people.

1 Like

Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 29, 2018
Elliot2:

You are so bitter, just like the Markle family. You remind me of Samantha, Meghan’s sister.

Stay there and be counting tfare, I guess it’s the miraculous tfare he was given that helped him get the job, not his preparation.

I hope he cuts you and your kind off, the bile in you is too much. You’re the kind of brother that will kill him and try to inherit his property, because of jealousy.

This your entitlement mentality and your bitterness, is the reason you’re stagnant. If you weren’t stagnant you won’t even remember that your brother has money.

If you’re frustrated with your economic situation take it out on your parents, your brother came to this world the way you came too, he is not the cause of your problems.

Keep having poverty conversations, don’t borrow money from him for tfare and attend your own interview, so that you will also make money and realize it’s value. Thief!

1 Like

Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by Elliot2(m): 7:55pm On May 29, 2018
I av seen families grow in wealth n power by love n unity,n av also seen families stunted by greediness n disunity. you can choose ur lesson.
Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by Elliot2(m): 8:09pm On May 29, 2018
Lol. d point any one of us needed help is over,every one is doing pretty well now. i'm nt d one ans d bad name,huh. it is not me he disappoints but d poor woman who suffered to raise us in luv n unity.u dont wnt to see ur children disunited,do u
Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by Evacroft: 10:32pm On May 29, 2018
Elliot2:
Lol. d point any one of us needed help is over,every one is doing pretty well now. i'm nt d one ans d bad name,huh. it is not me he disappoints but d poor woman who suffered to raise us in luv n unity.u dont wnt to see ur children disunited,do u

He did not dissapoint any of u, the only people he owes is his immediate family and his parent. If ur mother had abandon u guys to take care of her siblings am sure u would have tagged her wicked. That u gave ur bro tfare and saying it like u donated a kidney is bizzare. There are pple who give random annoymous pple their organs and their families dont come sitting ariund asking to be compensated.
Get a grip of ur emotions and leave this be. It is distasteful,cos u mention ur sibling comes first before ur wife and hope u know that also incudes ur children, and i feel u hope they gonna also gat ur back like that.... No,life will happen.

1 Like

Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by Elliot2(m): 8:37am On May 30, 2018
if u cant appreciate #20 favor,is it a kidney u wil appreciate? avnt u seen parents disown their children,and marriages dissolve? why not show love to those who show u love irrespective of their background.
Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by Elliot2(m): 8:44am On May 30, 2018
My mama did not abandon her siblings even when they hated her and advised her to abandon her children when the husband pushed her way. she even saved one of then when she fainted and was pronounced dead.
Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by Elliot2(m): 8:54am On May 30, 2018
My mum is an embodiment of luv,and that saw her through. now they all look up to her,even her ex regretted. we r talking abt a bro,who is in d capacity to help hundreds grow n actually does dt to others including wife's siblings. wtf
Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by KevinDein: 11:16am On May 30, 2018
Elliot2:
My mum is an embodiment of luv,and that saw her through. now they all look up to her,even her ex regretted. we r talking abt a bro,who is in d capacity to help hundreds grow n actually does dt to others including wife's siblings. wtf
This your entitlement attitude is really strong. Just kept talking about someone else's money like he owes you. The sooner you realize that your brother doesn't owe you anything the better for you. The only people he owes something or is responsible for are his wife and children.
That's the cold facts about life. Better get used to it.
Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by sooperrescue(m): 11:35am On May 30, 2018
KevinDein:

This your entitlement attitude is really strong. Just kept talking about someone else's money like he owes you. The sooner you realize that your brother doesn't owe you anything the better for you. The only people he owes something or is responsible for are his wife and children.
That's the cold facts about life. Better get used to it.
There is always one person in every family that God uses to uplift the other members of the family. If he does the job well without grumbling, without thinking that this wealth is as a result of his industry, then the position will be taken from him and given to another. Have you not seen first sons depending on their younger ones to survive? Go and read Micheal Ibru history and you will find out how he trained his brothers and set up companies for them to run . He even sponsored his brother to become governor. The parents were both alive when he was helping his family and he was blessed without measure. The op will one day depend on his younger one for sustenance because of this attitude.
Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by Nobody: 11:50am On May 30, 2018
sooperrescue:
There is always one person in every family that God uses to uplift the other members of the family. If he does the job well without grumbling, without thinking that this wealth is as a result of his industry, then the position will be taken from him and given to another. Have you not seen first sons depending on their younger ones to survive? Go and read Micheal Ibru history and you will find out how he trained his brothers and set up companies for them to run . He even sponsored his brother to become governor. The parents were both alive when he was helping his family and he was blessed without measure. The op will one day depend on his younger one for sustenance because of this attitude.

Trying to make the Op feel like a bad person because he complaining about the burden he carries is quite insensitive of you.

Op is at a point where he is spending his full salary monthly and saving nothing, making him resentful. It is not easy to work and kill yourself every month and have nothing left to show for it.

If the Op absolutely had to, then it would have been another issue, but his mother is well and able. Don’t try and guilt trip him, he already gets that at home.

It is not a crime to want better for yourself Op, no one said don’t help out, we are just saying make sure you only give a percentage of your salary and don’t exceed it.
If not you will come to hate your family and see them as a burden, and then you will feel bad about feeling that way.

The Op will need not his siblings for sustenance if he plans himself well. His siblings should get jobs immediately they come of age, because that exactly what the Op had to do to survive. Else they will end up like Elliot, lamenting about the Ops wickedness, while their hands are working.
Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by Elliot2(m): 1:13pm On May 30, 2018
anyone can choose not to help,but i won't hide my disappointment esp if i have not done any wrong against u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Husband Denied Me Sex For 8 Years, Woman Tells Court / Husband Seeks Dissolution Of 10 Years Marriage Over Alleged DNA Result / My Wife Is Dating Her Boss. Pls Help Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.