Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Melina - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Melina (28870 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Melina by derachokolate(m): 9:47pm On Aug 01, 2018
                           MELINA
                        Episode 33

MELINA'S POV

By the end of the week , Riel's dad could stand on his feet , I was satisfied , my dad on his own was healing fast , things were returning to normal .

The smile on Riel's face showed it , it defined those happy days that he misses with his dad on his legs .

We have been talking to his mother on phone , we refused telling them who footed the bills and we have tried to warn them off asking my parents about it .

At the end of the week , Riel's dad was walking but uses a crouch for support , and according to my doctor friend he will get strong to his feet as days goes by .

" we are taking you home today dad " .. Gabriel said after we have confirmed from the doctor .

" who ever is footing this bill , God will bless the person for me " .. He kept on saying .

I was chanting "amen " inside me , we tool him to the car , an then drove him to our house where the driver will take him home .

I knew I would miss him , the jokes and the adages , he is really a sage .

When the driver left .

I turned and I didn't see Gabriel again , but the entrance door was open . whatever he was up to .

"Riel!!" ... I shouted heading inside the house .

immediately I entered and locked the door.

"Lina " I heard behind me  , he said it so low , not everybody would have heard him .

"Thank you " ... He muttered .

He was hiding behind the door , that is the reason why I didnt see him as I entered the house , his hands were behind him .

" for what ?" .. I managed to ask , knowing why he was appreciating but I didn't want him to feel I am doing him a favour , his happiness and mine are the Same .

He opened his mouth an close it back and then he went on his knee , yes one of them.

*It was not proposal, if it is what you are thinking �*

" I promise not to leave you " .. He said first before he listed all other promises .

The promise ring was fine , it had something like diamond on it .

I couldn't believe my eyes , after he had finished reciting the litany of promises , I spread my hands and he got it fixed in my middle finger.

I jumped on him , crossing my legs and then pressed my lips on his , the softness of his lips , I missed it   .

"I love you" ..

"I love you more carino "

We continued kissing and then the door went ajar , I forgot to close the door.

Susan , Hillary and henry walked in , clapping .

"No PDA ".. Henry said .
" yes no PDA "... Hillary added .
" is it bad to say that I enjoy erotic scenes ". . Susan opposed with a smirk

I gave them a playful middle finger to show of my ring.

" that ring is nice " .. Hills  commented .

"Riel gave me a promise ring " .. I said

"Awwwwwwn " Susan said, I can't wait to catch the flower , you know what I mean .

" Good news" mom said as we reached the hospital , dad has been untied after a month now if being in bandage like a walking corpse , you saw Lazarus pictures on story books , didn't you .

" what is the news mom " ..I asked with evert bit of curiosity that I could gather .

" in two weeks they will release your dad , the doctor said the wounds are almost dried up " .... My mom said with a big smile .

I know she had missed home , she had been there since she came the first day .

"That is cool , we will celebrate it right " .. I asked holding dad's hand .

"Sure little   Madam" ... He could talk well at that time , I didnt really spend much time with him , political figures visited him in the hospital and school was taking my time , but we visited every morning and Evening .

Me and my friends .

" okay Mr senator " I said with a smile . " mom , dad , next week is exams , wish us luck " ... I said looking at my friends who were standing behind .

"You guys are too smart to fail , good luck kids " ... She said , more like a prayer.

"Good luck kids " ... My dad's baritone came .

"Thanks mom , thanks dad " ... I acted the mouth piece if the clique .

We left to school as we were running behind time .

I always had my class different from theirs , I would have loved to switch courses but then if my husband was a lawyer , I don't have to be a lawyer too , so being an ambassador was cool .

After school , we all went to the hospital together before I dropped them off .

I was left with Riel who has been my room mate since no one was at home , w always got clothes from his house , he didn't bring his bag because staying with me was temporal .

"We can hang around , you know right ?".. Riel said as I killed the engine .

" yes I know , I thought of it too " ... I replied.

"Let's hang around then "... He opened the door stepped out of the car and bouncing it back .

I came out of the car too , he was waiting for me , we held our hands and then walked down the streets .

" so tell me your husband checklist " 
. he broke the silence .

I didn't really have an husband checklist , but I know what I wanted , besides it was too young to think of husband , but he perfectly matched my list .

"I don't have , I am weird , I know , but you are my husband checklist " ... I said , he released a smile , he blushed , his smiles are breath takers .

"You can say that again , not after I am this flawed " ... He said .

"Who said you are flawed " .. I asked .

"I feel that way " .. He sounded faintly

"Nope , you are the best one can wish for " ...I honestly said .

He hugged me from behind , kissed my neck and whispered a "thank you" that sent my neurons to work .

"Let's go get popcorn and have a movie night "... I suggested " please ".

" okay , what are we going to watch then ?".. He asked .

" Any Disney series " ... I said , I like Disney series .

"Hell nope !! , Disney is the reason  girls have high expectations on guys , they are just mere fictions and not that interesting " .. He blabbed .

" come on, it just depicts true love and sacrifice , Cinderella walked on broken glasses , jasmine married a common thief ,Ariel walked on land for love , mulan disguised her self as a man , it is super cool " ... I tried convincing him .

" you win " .. He gave up .

We walked back to the house and drove to the film house to pick one of the series and then get popcorn .

Written by Chidera chokolate .
©oracle

4 Likes

Re: Melina by Danavast(m): 10:33pm On Aug 01, 2018
Following
Re: Melina by Ann2012(f): 10:57pm On Aug 01, 2018
Nice one, Dis love dey sweet me sha
Re: Melina by Nobody: 7:28am On Aug 02, 2018
Nice one OP. Thanks for the update. God bless. More updates pls ......
Re: Melina by skubido(m): 8:36am On Aug 02, 2018
nice wan, OP tank a lot for the update,

plz we are waiting for the next update
Re: Melina by izaray(f): 3:17pm On Aug 02, 2018
This their love matter thick oh
Re: Melina by derachokolate(m): 4:32am On Aug 03, 2018

MELINA
                             Episode 34

From the film house , we got to the house after she has picked one of the Disney series and then we have gotten a bucket of pop corn .

Things were returning to normal , my dad on his feet and her dad almost recovering .

The end of the year exams by the next week.

When we got home , we went to our room , we have been room mates , she changed and got her self into my hoodie , I looked at her and how small she looked inside the hoodie , I chuckled but everything made perfect sense .

I picked up a blanket and then we went down stairs to the sitting room .

We ditched dinner .

We sat on the floor , kept the bucket of popcorn , I watched her go insert the movie plate and then I had time to examine her the thousandth time .

She got back into my laps curling , I covered us with the blanket and then we fixed our gaze on the television even though it felt like I was loosing every bit of maturity.

"Next Friday is my own movie night and we are watching horror" ... I said sticking my tongue out .

"No problem , in as much as  I don't freak out " ...she replied .

We continued seeing the movie , eating popcorn , bringing merry to out door post .

When we slept, we didn't know , I just woke up to see Lina curled in my arms , I pressed my lips on her after watching her beautiful face .

She woke up seconds after our lips disentangled .

"Good morning Riel" .. Joy in the morning , soothing voice in the morning .

"Good morning Lina "... I said .

We got up , arranged the house , made breakfast and then headed to the hospital to give them food .

From their we went to school to catch up with Henry and co, exams was Monday .

-----------

Exam day .

" good luck babe , I know that you will excel , we have read , so believe in yourself " .. I kept on telling Lina .

She had this exam fever , but I was sure she was going to make it better than the last semester that she was stocked with some bunch of schooling drop outs , who never lured her into reading .

Some friends are bad for us though .

We left the house , we went to the hospital first .

"Good morning mommy , good morning daddy " .. She rushed the greeting .

"Morning my dear " .. The mommy replied " keep the food and you guys should get to school as fast as possible so you won't be late for exams .

We left the hospital and go to school an hour before our exams started .

I called henry who told me where they were revising .

We joined them and then fixed lunch after the exams .

-----

"How was the exam Lina " .. I said as we all walked into the pizza hut .

"Easier than I thought , I was the first to finish , it was surprising to my course mates though" .. She replied with much confident .

I smiled .

"Well ours was as good as yours too , three of us left the hall minutes after each other but henry was the first to leave  " ..

We settled on a corner , and then we ordered for a big pizza to celebrate it .

I looked at henry and Susan who were side talking , nothing will make me believe that they ain't a thing, even if they try so hard to hide it , but the chemistry in them was shining .

When we were done from the pizza hut , Lina drove , we played songs inside the car and almost shouted the car down .

We dropped them in their places to pick up tomorrow's subject , since we are reading together .

Lina had to convince Susan's parents to allow her stay with us after we had bribed the senior brother Francis .

We reached the house , made dinner and then took our books to the dinning to burn the candle .

We continued this routine till the last paper day , then when we got to the hospital before the last paper , we met Lina's dad with no bandage again.

He was going to be released on Monday .

"Boys , I am celebrating a recovery party by next week Friday, you all should come , it is a round table for just family , and you guys are family , invite your parents over please ".. Lina's dad informed us .

" we will " .. We replied before with left the hospital .

It was time to surprise them , my dad's leg and how he had started walking , all thanks to my soul mate .

We reached school , got into our different halls and kicked the hell out of the last paper .

When we got out of the hall my phone buzzed .

I checked and then I saw a message from a foreign e-company .

****** on your last spin and win , you won 50,000 dollars , make available for us your PayPal so we can make instant payment ****

I tried so hard not to freak out, but the last time I did spin and win , I just did it for fun , I was surfing the internet and then I came across it, I never believed in it , I saw it as normal online scam but I just did it out of impulse .

I sent my PayPal account details to the number without wasting time and everything still looking unbelievable.

***** delivered **** my phone buzzed and I read their message .

I went to my PayPal to check and it was all true .

I didn't jump up , I kept mute even though the cash was driving me crazy , but I wanted it to be a secret too till when it is time to show them .

I walked with them but I was flying , I laughed abnormally to every little joke till we reached the car park to meet Lina .

I hugged her like I never did before , carried her up and spined , I kept her  and planted a kiss on her lips , she was confused but she wouldn't deny my sugar Coates lips .

"Why are you so excited " ... She asked .

"We noticed it , it started some minutes after we got out of the hall " Hillary added .

"Its nothing guys , let's go celebrate the end of year one ". I said and we all entered the car and off.

Written by Chidera chokolate
©oracle

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Melina by Nobody: 7:29am On Aug 03, 2018
Gabriel don hit jackpot ooo. Thanks for the update. Keep it up. God bless.
Re: Melina by skubido(m): 9:29am On Aug 03, 2018
hmmmmmn,, riel don hamer,,

OP tanks for the update
Re: Melina by izaray(f): 11:14am On Aug 03, 2018
Gabriel don hammer, see how everything is just turning around for ur good

Truely most women bring lucks to their spouse, while some comes with bad luck

Enjoy urself while its last! Kudos
Re: Melina by equity1(m): 8:34pm On Aug 07, 2018
op update the story. it's been long
Re: Melina by devilmaycry1(m): 9:16pm On Aug 07, 2018
following
Re: Melina by Jstikal: 7:50pm On Aug 08, 2018
no update sinceeeee? all this suspense no dey make sense ��
Re: Melina by derachokolate(m): 7:36am On Aug 09, 2018
It will be a long episode  , thanks to you all for reading my first work .

Next is the last episode

Then the EPILOGUE , maybe bonus episodes .
Maybe !!.

������

MELINA 
                         Episode 36

That Friday.

My parents didn't leave early so they arrived at some minutes pass 5pm , instead of staying in Lina's house , I had to go pick them up and let them stay in my house since Lina's parents donesnt know about the leg yet .

It was the first time they were coming to my house , and the first time my mom was coming to town .

She kept on disturbing me that she wants to see Lina , and I kept on telling her to calm down .

I picked my suit , booked a cab that will pick them at 30 minutes to 7pm since the dinner party was 7pm .

I had to go and help.

"You look stunning " ..

I said as Lina was facing the mirror , she looked stunning , The gown she wore showcased her figures , the makeup she wore fitted with her skin colour and unlike other girls , it was a slight make up that was almost like she didn't apply anything .

The long dinner table was set outside , at the family garden , the day had e tedious, it was 30 minutes to 7pm and then we have to start going to the garden already .

I took my shower and got myself into my black suit , I only wear suits for confidential dinner parties , when I locked my tie , I looked at mirror and then I smiled .

"Riel , you look amazing " .. She whispered .

"I love you Lina " I muttered .

I stretched out for her hand and then I led her down stairs like we were some new coupe walking down the axle.

When we got to the garden , we saw Henry's parent there already gisting with their son , henry didn't brag when he said that his parents keep to time .

He has a fine mom , she was a fashionista, her thing with fashion showed .

"Good evening " ...I and Lina said.

"Good evening , how are you both " ... Henry's mother took up the convo like she waiting for us since .

"ERM my bad , mom, dad, this is my brother and best friend , Gabriel " ... He introduced

"Its nice to meet you Gabriel " .. His mother said , stretching for a hug .

"Ohh , its nice meeting you boy " ...the father said with a hand shake .

"And this is Melina , senator Maxwell's daughter, his girlfriend " ...Henry said with his hands directing towards me .

"No wonder they look cute , I knew they were a couple , they fit for each other , come baby let me hug you ".. She reached to hug Lina with a lot of smiles to show how excited she was .
" nice to meet you too ma , Lina said  ".

I liked his mother already .
She was hugging Henry's dad when someone cleared her throat at the back .

" looks like we are doing some reunion here " Susan said .

She looked gorgeous in her red gown , her smiles made everything look perfect .

"Cupcake " henry said as he stepped forward .

"Prince charming " she replied .

I looked at Lina who looked at me back , we were surprised .

They hugged so tight and then they kissed .

"You both better say what's going on " .. Hillary said as he coincidentally met the scene , he was walking with his parents , I think that was the reason he delayed but that wasn't the reason why his blue suit is so fine .

"Yes you both should tell us " ...I added .

"Well they liked each other since , but after hooking them up I didn't get any feedback so I thought it didn't go well with them "... Lina added

" you did what ?? " Susan shouted .

"Duhh , invited you both to the party because you both want to see each other , henry met me first though " ... She further explained .

Me and hills kept quite and watched the drama .

"Well we got along, we wanted to surprise you guys "... Henry said .

" well looks like we all have surprises today , I have the most shocking surprise though , shortly ,  I will surprise mine too " ..Hillary added and we all laughed .
"By the way , you guys should meet my parents , he said pointing at the couple that has been watching our drama since ".

We hugged them one by one after saying our names .

" so henry is dating susan , and  Gabriel is dating Melina , which means your surprise is your own girlfriend right ?" ... Hill's mother asked .

"Yes mom ".. Hillary replied with a wink .

We all looked at him , he just winked at MD and I remembered about the phone girl .

We went to meet Henry's parents so he introduced Susan and Hillary to them , the joy of the mother when she saw susan .

" my daughter , I am glad to see you , he told me a lot about you, you both rock together , just don't break his heart , this is his first " .... She said still holding Susan in her arms .

"I won't mom "... She promised .

We went to meet Susan's family , the brother according to she was not yet there , she said the brother went to pick up his new girlfriend.

Just then I got a call that my parents has arrived , I went and picked them up , my mom wouldn't allow me with seeing Lina , maybe after that night I will take a breath .

My Dad was still walking with a staff to support .

When we reached the garden , I introduced my friends to my mom first , dad knew Lina already so they hugged before I introduced her to my mom .

" mom this is Lina .....
"Ohh Lina , she cut it short , my daughter , how are you ?" .. She said hugging her tight .

"I am fine ma, what about you?" Lina replied.

"I am fine my daughter , thanks for everything ".. She said almost bursting into tears .

" its fine ma "...Lina said hugging her again.

" love her the best way you can  " she said this time looking at me and I only nodded .

"Love him the best way you can too " .. She looked at Lina who nodded too .

"You both should not listen to third parties , you both have my blessings " ....she said .

"Thanks mom" .. We said in unison .

We stayed there gisting and waiting for Lina's parents while our parents are seated at the dinner table.

Few minutes Hillary got a call and then he left to go pick a girl , the phone girl .

It wasnt up to five minutes Lina's parents entered the garden and then behind them was Hillary with the mystery girl .

"What!!!?" ... Henry shouted on seeing them .

"You know her ?" ... Lina asked .

"That's my sister , this is not nice at all, I am leaving " .. He stated blunt with all his veins showing .

"Calm down "... I said holding him " Hillary doesn't know so its not his fault.

"She might have something to say after being away for all this years " Lina added .

They walked like Hilary was her life support , she had no confidence in her , when they came up to us , he fell on her knees .

" I know I have been the worst sister , I know I have been a bad example , I know that I did it all wrong , I have realised all my wrong doings , I changed , I am no more the Lillian you know , I want you to forgive me " ... She started crying.

Henry looked away , he tried so hard not look at her , but I felt for her .

"I am sorry I didn't tell you earlier before now , I didn't know how you were going to see it , I met her on the wedding I went then , since then we got along , we have been dating , she is the phone girl , she isn't the person you told me , I met her a different person , and she had always wanted the opportunity to tell you that she s a different person , she wants the brother sister relationship again and she won't mess it up , please forgive her ".... Hilary pleaded .

" baby , please , to be succinct , its lucid that she has changed , and you have to forgive her , to forgive is divine and he who doesn't forgive breaks the bridge that he will still cross , please "... Susan said rubbing his back .

" just make her stand up please , big bro , I am learning from you , you don't want me to learn this attitude on not forgiving too , come on , don't let her tears make her pretty face  dull " ...Lina added .

Then henry looked at me , tears dropped, I was lost with words , the only thing I did was nod and he nodded back .

"Welcome back sis , I missed you "... He pulled her up and then hugged her .

We all came together and hugged them .

When we separated , we all headed to where Henry's parents were seated to help her beg for forgiveness .

We were begging and giving them reasons why they should accept her back when Lina's parents came .

" what's going on ?" ..Lina's mom asked .

"They threw her out for years now because she had sex with someone on their matrimonial bed , she had learnt it the hard way, she came back for forgiveness and then its hard convincing them ".. Lina explained briefly .

" ERM , I am sorry if I am diving into your family matter but , you have to forgive her , she has gone through a lot already , and thank goodness that she didn't loose it and become one prostitute, she missed home , she missed family and that is why she came begging , I think everyone deserves a second chance , this is actually the first favour am seeking in your hands , don't let me down please " ... She pleaded on her behalf .

Henry's mother started crying and then spread her hands for Lillian , she hugged her tightly and then the father joined before we all did , Lina's dad was just watching at the corner .

He clapped and we all disentangled .

"That was a solemn reunion , let's merry " he said pointing at the table "its worth the celebration " ... We all headed to the table and then dinner kicked off .

written by Chidera chokolate .
©oracle

3 Likes

Re: Melina by cenaman(m): 8:23am On Aug 09, 2018
Thanks for the update
Re: Melina by Danavast(m): 8:52am On Aug 09, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]thanks 4 D update bro
Re: Melina by Ann2012(f): 8:55am On Aug 09, 2018
Touching....
Thanks for the update
Re: Melina by pacifust058(m): 9:01am On Aug 09, 2018
Thanks for the update
Re: Melina by yemi411: 10:23am On Aug 09, 2018
This is a beautiful storyline and huge respect for your talent.
Re: Melina by izaray(f): 11:02am On Aug 09, 2018
Aww...This is touching cry

Thanks Op
Re: Melina by TONYFRANC(m): 12:45pm On Aug 09, 2018
Well, I have long waited to make my last comment on this. __________________ Guy tried to set down this piece together. This piece can make way in Nollywood industry. However, the setting for your story lacks proper setting; you tried to make us believe that “in your story, you portray a situation as if this happened in Nigeria but some of the things you mentioned are common to Nigeria culture. Well this is an imaginary play but it should have proper setting. In Nigeria, senate president is just an Ordinary Politician but a politician with a “first grade”. Love experience is personal and subjective but in terms of play it should have its character (mark). Senate president’s daughter in Nigeria University? Your institution has no name, most of your location has no name. The name of your state was not even mentioned. At least you should have given us an imaginary name and location.
Bravo!!!!
Re: Melina by devilmaycry1(m): 3:40pm On Aug 09, 2018
wow
Re: Melina by Paschez(m): 7:02pm On Aug 09, 2018
This is a wonderful piece OP. You did very well and I must say I'm impressed with your organization.

Kudos
Re: Melina by derachokolate(m): 7:58pm On Aug 09, 2018
TONYFRANC:
Well, I have long waited to make my last comment on this. __________________ Guy tried to set down this piece together. This piece can make way in Nollywood industry. However, the setting for your story lacks proper setting; you tried to make us believe that “in your story, you portray a situation as if this happened in Nigeria but some of the things you mentioned are common to Nigeria culture. Well this is an imaginary play but it should have proper setting. In Nigeria, senate president is just an Ordinary Politician but a politician with a “first grade”. Love experience is personal and subjective but in terms of play it should have its character (mark). Senate president’s daughter in Nigeria University? Your institution has no name, most of your location has no name. The name of your state was not even mentioned. At least you should have given us an imaginary name and location.
Bravo!!!!

thanks a lot , well I was confused on the settings , then I decided to give it a ghost location , but this is like my first draft , I am still trying to improve , I am still learning , my next story will be better I think , I have marked most of my flaws already and am still marking em ....thanks a lot .

2 Likes

Re: Melina by Jstikal: 2:25pm On Aug 10, 2018
na there e end??na there e end??na there e end??
Re: Melina by bencolevic(m): 11:07pm On Aug 10, 2018
God bless the fingers that posted this story...God bless Chidera chokolate
Re: Melina by ruggedadventure(m): 11:19pm On Aug 10, 2018
derachokolate:

thanks a lot , well I was confused on the settings , then I decided to give it a ghost location , but this is like my first draft , I am still trying to improve , I am still learning , my next story will be better I think , I have marked most of my flaws already and am still marking em ....thanks a lot .
Beautiful story bro....

Please mention me on your next story..... I'll love to follow your works.

More ink to your pen bro.
Re: Melina by TONYFRANC(m): 6:43pm On Aug 13, 2018
derachokolate:

you are welcome my brother.

Re: Melina by Mzsoye29: 9:59am On Aug 14, 2018
Can we an update on this story biko
derachokolate:

Re: Melina by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 14, 2018
Weldone
Thanks for sharing
Re: Melina by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 14, 2018
derachokolate, Nice and wonderful job. Your first story but you have impressed me a lot. Writing is not easy. You are very talented.

I love how you took corrections in, you will be an excellent writer. Just remain focused and determined, put GOD first. Great things ahead. Keep soaring.

God bless. Expecting your next story. Thumbs up.
Re: Melina by derachokolate(m): 11:09am On Sep 04, 2018
I am sorry
I would have written this earlier before now but my phone had issues.
I love you all.
Next is the epilogue and the the bonus chapters.
Maybe!! The bonus chapters, maybe!!!!!

Share if you can.
Thank you.

MELINA
Last Episode

"That was a solemn reunion, now let's merry ".

We all got to the table, my dad whom, I and lina got his legs fixed didn't leave his sit since we didn't want lina's parents to know till when I will make my vote of thanks.

I watched lina's dad shake my dad and mom standing up to hug lina's mom like some mother in law hook ups.

They didn't bother to make my dad stand since they thought he is still believed he wasn't on his feet.

Great meal indeed.

Fried rice, more like they employed caterers to come make the food, expensively garnished, and appeasing to the to the five senses, the jellof rice would compete with red, and the aroma would wake the dead, the salad had every bit of everything and something's I couldn't guess but sent my mouth to the land of food ecstasy.

Lina was sitting by my left hand, opposite us was the got-together family, the smiles on lillian's face, I could put myself to wear her shoe, she should be super excited and feeling at home as well, one of my childhood friends would call it a combo feeling.

At the right end of the table is lina's parents and the other opposite end, mine, then Susan is sitting at lina's left , the sister chemistry between them showing.

After Susan was Henry, and two other empty seats that Susan kept for her and his supposed girlfriend.

"Uhm "... Lina cuts everyone.

I was surprised because she took me unawares, we planned on the vote of thanks but at least she could have wait for the dinner to get to its middle or we could have a full house first, that would be when susans brother comes with his girlfriend.

"I think Riel has something to say, I want you people to please give him listening ears, you can still be eating though" she now turned to me with this evil smile "over to you sir "

When I stood up, I was confused on how to start, where to start and the best choice of words to use, coupled with my parents givinge complicated glares.

"Uhm you all are welcomed again to this dinner "... ***inner mind ** "What are you even saying, you didn't host the party …".

I had a serious tussle with my mind before I could allow the wind of confidence blow.

"I have a little confession to make, about my life, my love life, and my supposed handicapped dad.

My dad, had an accident she I started school, the accident cost him his legs, he couldn't go to work again and a sum of 2million naira was demanded to get him to his feet. "

At this point Henry looked at me, Hillary too and Susan, they all showed this little bit of disappointment on their face.

" I know I hid this from you all, I even hid it from Mina till the day I forgot my phone inside her car and coincidentally my mom sent a message that night, that was how she knew about it, I am secretive, and I have this rule of no excuses and I believe that involving people in my problem is failing on responsibility, that is the main reason I found a work to aid with the finance, at first we agreed with the doctor to be paying installmental, but when we were at 600 thousand naira the management changed and the new doctor said if we ain't paying for it once he will discharge my dad, and then they cut the treatment and he was discharged,my mom on trying to inform me sent the message lina saw, that was the fluke, how I met lina's family, Lina brought the phone that morning and informed me about her parents wanting to see me. "

I looked at everybody sitting at the table and they all gave theirs whole attention, even the sound of a fly whose clapping her wings could be heard.

" when I met them, they surprisingly offered to help my dad after I have explained everything in detailed for them, not just helping him but flying him abroad to get the best treatment, I went to the village to convey my dad to town, and on the day we were going to the airport, lina's dad was kidnapped and every thing I thought was getting better got worst, then I had stopped working already because lina's mom had promised to be giving me allowances, I conveyed my dad back and then we started working on getting lina's dad back, when lina's dad was found, and when he was getting better".

I looked at my dad signalling him to stand up, the surprising look on lina's parents face, and the confused look on every other persons face..

I was about to speak again but my voice started failing me and then a hand touched m shoulder.

" let me continue from here "

I nodded.

" one morning, as I was driving to the hospital, the day I raced with Henry, I told Riel I would help, since I stopped being friends with Christie and charity, I have been able to save, I had a doctor friend that would help, so I emptied my account for it, it was worth it, I do see him most times in dark corners thinking, it was eating him, and he was trying his best to make sure I am happy and I had to do same too , his happiness makes mine too, so we got him to his feet "..

She now turned towards her parents.

" mom, dad, I am sorry I did this behind your back, but he is worth it "

She was about to continue when we heard steps.

Turning to know who it was, it was susan’s brother and the supposed girlfriend happened to be Christie.

"No way!!! ".. Lina shouted.

Before I could spell "heck", she was raining insults already on Christie who doesn't know how to avoid scenes.

Christie was walking up to her when she now called her a "b**tch "

Christie pushed her to the table and she hit her head so hard that she passed out.

We rushed her to the hospital immediately, after an hour thirty minutes the doctor came out.

"How is my daughter "... Lina's mom queried immediately.

"She is fine, she is resting, she will be awake in few minutes ".. The doctor replied calmly.

"We can go and see her? " the father asked.

"Sure you can ".. The doctor said.

"Thank you " the father said as we were about to leave when the doctor called us back.

"I take it that you people don't know that she is pregnant ".

Written by chidera chocolate
©oracle

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lovers On The Loose / How Jamb Jammed Me Out ( My Jamb Experience ) / Cross Roads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.