Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,854 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

Senator Joy Emordi rival Alphonsus Igbeke Sworn In As Senator At Last - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Joy Emordi rival Alphonsus Igbeke Sworn In As Senator At Last (1264 Views)

Saraki Faces Fresh Charges For Receiving Governor’s Salary As Senator / INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect / Eligibility Suit: Senator Igbeke Sues APC, Buhari For Constitution Breaches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Joy Emordi rival Alphonsus Igbeke Sworn In As Senator At Last by Mbeki: 6:31am On May 26, 2010
With a bible in his left hand and clutching some oath papers with the right, Alphonsus Ubanese Igbeke of the All Nigeria People’s Party yesterday took the oath that confirmed him as the senator representing Anambra North senatorial district. The event, which took place at the Senate chambers, brings an end to a protracted, “tortuous and dramatic” journey to the senate.

He will now replace Joy Emordi who had spent three years in a four year tenure that started in 2007.

Until yesterday, Mrs Emordi, had tenaciously held on to the senate seat despite court rulings ousting her from the senate. She had in March been asked by an Enugu Appeal Court to leave the senate following the court’s ruling that it was Mr. Igbeke who got the majority vote at the 2007 Anambra North senatorial election.
Re: Senator Joy Emordi rival Alphonsus Igbeke Sworn In As Senator At Last by Goldmind1(m): 9:29am On May 26, 2010
We, Anambrarians know that Igbeke is a fraudstar, but we can't stop him. He's a little better than that sycophant, Joy Emordi, who sold Anambra state to Abacha.
Re: Senator Joy Emordi rival Alphonsus Igbeke Sworn In As Senator At Last by blacksta(m): 9:39am On May 26, 2010
Gold-mind:

We, Anambrarians know that Igbeke is a fraudstar, but we can't stop him. He's a little better than that sycophant, Joy Emordi, who sold Anambra state to Abacha.

Whatever you may think - The courts has declared that Mr Igbeke is the rightly elected senator for Anambra. Unfortunately this another sad day for the Nigerian political system. The new senator will receive his allowance and owed salary backdated from July 2007 - but the question remains what about the millions of Naira already paid the former crook senator. This is why i fully subscribe that grievances should be addressed speedily before any candidate is allowed to represent the electorates in any position of Government.
Re: Senator Joy Emordi rival Alphonsus Igbeke Sworn In As Senator At Last by metalgong5(m): 10:24am On May 26, 2010
Gold-mind:

The above statement is what I consider as the attributes of a poor man's mentality . . Did Igbeke defraud you? . . . .I guess he is a fraudstar because he is stupendously rich and also well known by Anambrarians, even outside his senatorial zone. Or I guess it is because Morroco Maduka, the highlife musician, used Senator Igbeke's biography to compose a best selling music.

Congrats to Senator Igbeke.
Re: Senator Joy Emordi rival Alphonsus Igbeke Sworn In As Senator At Last by Mbeki: 7:56pm On May 26, 2010
What we want is a rep with good heart not those that hardly visit their constituency like Joy .
Re: Senator Joy Emordi rival Alphonsus Igbeke Sworn In As Senator At Last by SLIGHT(m): 8:12pm On May 26, 2010
Typical case of Justice delayed isnt justice denied, congrats to him
Re: Senator Joy Emordi rival Alphonsus Igbeke Sworn In As Senator At Last by Kobojunkie: 8:13pm On May 26, 2010
What happened to David Mark's fight? What was the supreme court's decision on the issue?
Re: Senator Joy Emordi rival Alphonsus Igbeke Sworn In As Senator At Last by Mbeki: 9:24pm On May 26, 2010
David Mark didn't fulfill his romantic promise to Joy Emordi
Re: Senator Joy Emordi rival Alphonsus Igbeke Sworn In As Senator At Last by Kobojunkie: 9:34pm On May 26, 2010
eeeewwwwww . . . . . lol

I am just curious. I believe only a week or two ago, the claim was that Emordi had filed a petition with the supreme court and the senate had to wait for the decision from the supreme court to decide which way to go on this issue. Never really fgured out what Mark David's hangup on the issue was though. It seemed he made it a somewhat personal war, but not sure since we are dealing with the Nigerian media.
Re: Senator Joy Emordi rival Alphonsus Igbeke Sworn In As Senator At Last by sjeezy8: 9:53pm On May 26, 2010
please tell me Joy emordi is a woman and not a man lol.
Re: Senator Joy Emordi rival Alphonsus Igbeke Sworn In As Senator At Last by Nobody: 11:09pm On May 26, 2010
Mbeki:

David Mark didn't fulfill his romantic promise to Joy Emordi
lol

(1) (Reply)

Pdp Chairman ,okwesilieze Nwodo: Removed / Jonathan In Talks With Atiku / Duplicate Copy Of Voters Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.