Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Bomb Injures 6 In Aba, Army Arrests 1 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Injures 6 In Aba, Army Arrests 1 (1308 Views)

Army Arrests Dangote Trucks, 3 Others Taking Banned Goods To Cameroon / Army Arrests Ikonso’s Second-In-Command During IPOB, ESN Raid In Abia / Army Arrests, Detains Officers Over Intercepted Weaponised Drones At Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bomb Injures 6 In Aba, Army Arrests 1 by Abagworo(m): 9:25am On May 22, 2018
Residents were thrown into panic in Aba, Abia State, at the weekend when a bomb blast seriously injured six traders at the popular Yam Market in the Osisioma-Aba axis of the Enugu-Port Harcourt Expressway. It was gathered that three young men were riding a commercial tricycle popularly called Keke Napep along the expressway when, on approaching the market, two of them at the back threw an explosive device believed to be a bomb into the market.

Although no life was lost immediately, however, six traders were said to have been seriously injured as a result of the impact of the explosive, which destroyed stalls and goods within the vicinity.

After the incident, the two men were reported to have, in the midst of the melee that ensued, escaped from the scene, while one person said to be the operator of the tricycle was later arrested by soldiers.

The injured traders were taken to a private hospital in the city, where they are said to be responding to treatment.
Efforts to reach army authorities in the state over the incident proved abortive, as they were yet to respond to a text messages sent to them at the time of filing the report.

However, a soldier, who did not want his name in print, said on phone: “Yes, something like that happened, but we are yet to get the details from the boys in town.”

Investigation by this reporter showed that the man arrested by soldiers was merely a commercial tricycle operator who picked the two men involved in the incident along the road to drop them somewhere and was not a member of the gang.

“The man arrested by soldiers in respect of the incident was not a member of the gang. The thing is that he picked the two men who posed as genuine passengers along the road and told him to drop them somewhere.

“But as they got to the Yam Market, the two men threw the explosive into the market and as people were scampering for safety, they too jumped down from the tricycle and escaped, leaving the tricycle operator to his fate,” the source said.

http://sunnewsonline.com/bomb-injures-6-in-aba-army-arrests-1/
Re: Bomb Injures 6 In Aba, Army Arrests 1 by Nobody: 9:31am On May 22, 2018
Buhari has abused Nigerian security system.

Army soldiers are now involved in petty arrest of civilians while police or DSS whose task it is, are transmitting transmission on national TV.

such a pathetic country destined to never develope.

3 Likes

Re: Bomb Injures 6 In Aba, Army Arrests 1 by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:50am On May 22, 2018
Bomb blasts not new over here in Maiduguri. I have heard three explosions just this morning cool
Re: Bomb Injures 6 In Aba, Army Arrests 1 by magoo10(m): 9:50am On May 22, 2018
Bomb blast and nobody died, I have said it that the wish by enemies to see our Igbo land destroyed the way their terrorist children destroyed theirs will not work .
Re: Bomb Injures 6 In Aba, Army Arrests 1 by Nobody: 9:56am On May 22, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:
Bomb blasts not new over here in Maiduguri. I have heard three explosions just this morning cool

I have told u to move into sambisa and hv peace....

tell shekau that if I ever get him I will deal with him
Re: Bomb Injures 6 In Aba, Army Arrests 1 by RZArecta2(m): 10:34am On May 22, 2018
The game plan now is to rack up enough carnage so that there'll be an excuse to call IPOB a terrorist group with "evidence" but Nigerian govt forgets that the world isn't as foólish as it is. Get ready for more bomb blasts but Buhari and his goons should know that every single drop of blood spilt will speak against them here on earth and in the afterlife cool

4 Likes

Re: Bomb Injures 6 In Aba, Army Arrests 1 by chernest2002: 10:58am On May 22, 2018
Igbos or ipob are not terrorist and can't be so keep those wishes to your north.

2 Likes

Re: Bomb Injures 6 In Aba, Army Arrests 1 by johnmartus(m): 11:21am On May 22, 2018
RZArecta2:
The game plan now is to rack up enough carnage so that there'll be an excuse to call IPOB a terrorist group with "evidence" but Nigerian govt forgets that the world isn't as foólish as it is. Get ready for more bomb blasts but Buhari and his goons should know that every single drop of blood spilt will speak against them here on earth and in the afterlife cool
[s][/s] keep quite kid.

1 Like

Re: Bomb Injures 6 In Aba, Army Arrests 1 by ISLAMBAD: 11:21am On May 22, 2018
Buhari is very predictable.
He failed before and he will fail again.
All his efforts to paint Igbos/Igbos black are always exercise in futility ..
No wonder the world laughed at his stupidity when he declared IPOB terrorist organization ..

Buhari has turned Nigeria to an object of ridicule just because he's hunting Ipob ..

Very shameful. .. .

4 Likes

Re: Bomb Injures 6 In Aba, Army Arrests 1 by Blessynokoro: 11:56am On May 22, 2018
god of mercy
Re: Bomb Injures 6 In Aba, Army Arrests 1 by BankeSmalls(f): 11:57am On May 22, 2018
Abagworo, the number one Igbo hater spinning false news to paint Igbos black as usual.

2 Likes

Re: Bomb Injures 6 In Aba, Army Arrests 1 by Abagworo(m): 4:36pm On May 22, 2018
BankeSmalls:
Abagworo, the number one Igbo hater spinning false news to paint Igbos black as usual.

I don't get what is wrong with you. You need your head checked.

2 Likes

Re: Bomb Injures 6 In Aba, Army Arrests 1 by BankeSmalls(f): 4:42pm On May 22, 2018
Abagworo:

I don't get what is wrong with you. You need your head checked.

Its you who should consult with a doctor, the type of hate you have for Igbos may kill you if you don't get help soon. Its eating you up slowly, messing up your sensibilities and pushing you towards a deep seated depression. I will advice you get help before it becomes too late for you.

4 Likes

Re: Bomb Injures 6 In Aba, Army Arrests 1 by PDJT: 5:15pm On May 22, 2018
Hmm. Bomb blast in my own A.B.A and it’s Abagworo that would spread the news here, after losing out in a power tussle in nearby Imo.
We’re keenly observing.
Re: Bomb Injures 6 In Aba, Army Arrests 1 by Kenneth4u205(m): 5:19pm On May 22, 2018
I can smell boko haram or fulani .igbos don't throw bomb
Re: Bomb Injures 6 In Aba, Army Arrests 1 by AdaFonju: 6:09pm On May 22, 2018
Ipob terrorists

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mko Abiola Campaign Song 1993 / 'no Criminal Records Found Of 'jide Sanwoolu's Arrest In America'-investigation / 2019:abdulrahman Abdulrasaq Wins Kwara APC Gubernatorial Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.