Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,383 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:54 AM

Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly (47935 Views)

APC National Director Attacks Obasanjo Over Criticism Of Tinubu’s Reforms / How Economy Fared Under Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, Buhari / Second Niger Bridge: Buhari Did What OBJ, Yar’adua, Jonathan Couldn’t - Adesina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by SirBunky85(m): 9:13am On May 23, 2018
Firstpage:

Please how is he a dullard? Even after giving you facts?
I think you and your president are retarded.
it seems u are also dull?
Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by Ayobami7(m): 9:15am On May 23, 2018
Okay
Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by Firstpage: 9:26am On May 23, 2018
SirBunky85:
it seems u are also dull?

Are you a robot? Is that all you are programmed to say?

Ok. How am I dull?
Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by Barzinime(m): 9:29am On May 23, 2018
You are indeed wise...
They say knowledge is power, but i dont think that applies to you cos you failed to seek it.
If you dont know now you know, The only time Nigeria's economy had a significant growth was during Abacha's time if you didnt know, now you have the knowledge.
I dont really blame you, its just the clueless morons that clicked like on the stupid, out of point stuff you wrote i feel for, this are the same set of people a cunning thieving politician will brainwash to get their vote.

My people perish cos they lack..........

LordAdam:

Chronic, shameless liar!

Which Nigeria was selling 2.1m barrels every day at $100 for the last 16 years? How can such an ignorant illiterate be ruling this country?

And btw, he wants us to applaud Abacha for constructing roads even though international governments have refunded billions he stole, but he wants us to crucify GEJ who also constructed roads, and did more--railways, universities, and revamped agriculture but has no property abroad. Abi is codeine part of their diet in Aso Rock.

Anyway, at least the blame game has gone past GEJ now. Very soon, it'd get to the colonial masters.

Clown!

-Lord
Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by umuna(m): 9:37am On May 23, 2018
NaijaMutant:
Our daft president is talking again

Singing......

Basket mouth don open mouth again o..... grin

But he his ruling you!
Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by badman007(m): 9:41am On May 23, 2018
The best speech I’ve heard from him so far. We need more of this.

They claim to be religious but they worship the dollar at the detriment of their RACE. That’s the model for modern day slavery we face.

I only wish Buhari can see how his idea of islamising the country is part of the problem we face. To hell with EVERY religion, our focus should be on emancipation of Black Race. We are the biggest black nation in the world. We have great responsibility on our shoulders.

Nigga Area, let’s show the world we can.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by 2016v2017: 9:46am On May 23, 2018
doctokwus:
Incoherent mumble jumble as usual.
Jumping from one issue to another unrelated issue.
Wonder if him and Idris Kpokom come from the same lineage.
Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by 2016v2017: 9:47am On May 23, 2018
Nbote:
A bad workman blames his tools for his failure. A terribly bad workman blames his tools, his workshop and even his customers for his failings.. PMB has been a colossal failure.. He has blamed his predecessors, d youths, Nigerians in general and even other countries for basically every challenge he has been faced with.. Wen will he accept responsibility for anything?
Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by BunmiSkye: 9:50am On May 23, 2018
smiley[color=#000099][/color]
Ebullience:
President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday criticised previous Nigerian administrations for “lack of imagination.”

He said they failed to provide needed infrastructure despite huge revenues, even as he singled out Olusegun Obasanjo, who was president from 1999 to 2007, for spending over $15 billion dollars on power without achieving much.

Mr Obasanjo, a former supporter of Mr Buhari, is one of the fiercest critics of the incumbent president. He had in January written a damning letter to Mr Buhari asking him not to seek re-election in 2019 due to poor performance.

Speaking when he received a delegation of Buhari Support Organisation (BSO) at the Presidential Villa Tuesday, the president said he often wondered why people in authority chose to send their children outside the country to acquire education while they fail to develop the country.

“I wonder want kind of Nigerians they want their children to come and work with. I think there is a lot of lack of imagination.

“Because if you’re fighting for the country then you shouldn’t be misappropriating or misapplying the fund the way people do,” he said.

Mr Buhari thanked members of the support group for standing by him without being prompted to do so.

“Nobody is paying you for what you have been doing. It is because from the bottom of your hearts; you exposed yourselves by identifying with me through opposition to success and after the success.

“I don’t know how many of you people will say what the hell you got out of it. You can only get satisfaction through voluntary and understandable way of believing in issues you do.

“You are only expecting your return from God and you are looking for the future of the country-your children and grand children.”

The president told the gathering that he recently made some statements. He said because some of them may have missed it due to absence of electricity, he had to repeat it.

He said he threw a challenge to anyone to check either in Europe, Asia or America that between 1999 and 2014, Nigeria was producing 2.1 million barrels per day of crude at an average cost of $100 per barrel.

He said the price even went up to $143.

“So Nigeria was earning 2.1 million times 100 times 16 years, 7 days a week.

“When we came, it collapsed to $37-38 and it was oscillating between $40 and $54 sometimes.

“ I went to the Governor of Central Bank, thank goodness I did not sack him, he is still there. I went with my cap in my hand and say oya. He said there was no savings, only debt,” Mr Buhari said.

During the 16 years the president referenced, Nigeria was governed by three presidents, Olusegun Obasanjo (1999-2007), Umaru Yar’Adua (2007 to 2010), and Goodluck Jonathan (2010 to 2015).

The president told the group of supporters that when he assumed office, most of the roads in Nigeria were in terrible condition, adding “some of them were not repaired since PTF days.”

PTF is the Petroleum Trust Fund set up by late Head of State, Sani Abacha, in 1994 to utilise the proceeds of a petrol price increase. Mr Buhari headed the PTF, which was reputed to have constructed many road projects across the country while the military dictator stole Nigeria blind.

Mr Buhari, who has been criticised for looking the other way while Mr Abacha stole billions of dollars from public treasury while in office, again justified his working with the dictator.

“No matter what opinion you have about Abacha,” he said, “I agreed to work with him and the roads we did from PTF exist from here to Port Harcourt, to Onitsha, to Benin and so on.”

He said the agency also intervened in education and medical care among others.

Mr Buhari also said the railway in Nigeria “was killed and one of the former Heads of State between that time was bragging that he spent more than 15 billion American dollars, not Naira, on power. Where is the power? Where is the power? And now we have to pay the debts,” he said, in apparent reference to Mr Obasanjo.

Lambasts National Assembly

Mr Buhari also came down hard on the members of the National Assembly.

He also said unlike the previous administrations, he has made the highest provision for capital projects; N1.3 trillion; in the budget he took to the Assembly.

“Let anybody come and confront me publicly in the National Assembly. What have they been doing?

“Some of them have been there for 10 years. What have they been doing?,” he asked.

Mr Buhari said just like he mentioned 30 years ago, everyone should know that citizens have no other country than Nigeria, adding “we should remain here and salvage it together no matter what you have outside.”

He said his administration had uncovered some houses in Abuja, U.S. and Europe belonging to “some people”.

He, however, said some of them “swore to God” that the houses do not belong to them.

Mr Buhari said “but their accounts, through the banks, through their companies, show that it is their own. But they say it’s not their own.

“This is a terrible thing and the people are saying what are we doing? Why can’t you lock them up? And again I went on by telling them what I said when I was in uniform, younger and rather ruthless. I got from the President downward and I locked them up in Kirikiri and I said you’re guilty except you prove yourselves innocent.

“I myself was locked up and those who misappropriated public funds were given back what they had taken away. Who did anything about it?

“Then I decided to come and put agbada. I tried one, two, three four times and God agreed,” he said.

Mr Buhari said when he ran for office for the third time and went to the court afterwards, his lawyer, Mike Ahamba, who, he described as “a Roman Catholic and Ibo man” requested the panel of judges at the Supreme Court to order for register of voters in some constituencies across the country be provided for vetting and confirmation of the election outcome.

He said the Supreme Court rejected the request and asked him to approach the electoral commission instead.

The president said that at the end, the court ruled against his petition except one judge, who, he, again described as” another Ibo man, a Roman Catholic” who wrote a minority judgment in his favour.

“He was among the panel of the judges, he wrote a minority report in my favour. So, why this question of religion and ethnicity and so on?

“People are worshipping the dollars, the Sterlings not to even talk of the Naira.

“He wrote a minority report saying this is what we have decided. But the President of that court was my classmate for six years in secondary school; he is from my own state. So, please, we have nothing to regret. Absolutely nothing.

“Since we all believe that God works in our hearts not in our talking. God help us, God help our children and grandchildren.

“We will try as much as we can to work and bring this country to it senses.

“God has given Nigeria everything; we are rich in human and material resources so let us keep praying to God that He should put people of conscience in charge at all levels,” Mr Buhari said.

The president commended members of the BSO for supporting him over the years without expecting anything in return.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/269368-buhari-talks-tough-attacks-obasanjo-yaradua-jonathan-national-assembly.html/

one of the major projects for 2019......under PMB's administration....
Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by miceroms: 10:07am On May 23, 2018
doctokwus:
Incoherent mumble jumble as usual.
Jumping from one issue to another unrelated issue.
Wonder if him and Idris Kpokom come from the same lineage.
Couldn’t agree less
Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by djacob(m): 10:09am On May 23, 2018
So now that is $80 who are you going to blame
Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by Ups01(m): 10:37am On May 23, 2018
Truth be told Obasanjo squandered our collective wealth.

Think about it for a second, under Obasabjo, $15B was spent on electricity, yet, no tangible result was achieved. It was under Buhari that electricity significantly improved. What the actual FVCK?

Obasanjo deserves to be improisoned.

Buhari isn't the smartest President but he's far better than Jonathan and Obasanjo combined!
Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by riches4me(m): 10:43am On May 23, 2018
If you all think election in Nigeria is won by d number of likes on nairaland. u better think again. not to even talk about them coming from one small section of d country. Continue to like. D people that will counter all likes with millions of votes when it counts are up north. Awon omo gbewuri.
Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by riches4me(m): 10:46am On May 23, 2018
umuna:

But he his ruling you!
Abi oo
Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by ChiefMarumba: 10:48am On May 23, 2018
The second wife Aisha,the first lady was reported to be richer than the president. She is a daughter of a billoneer.
uloewa:

His first wife's children were not favoured and are still not favoured. They schooled in nigeria. Aisha his second wife'schildren schooled abroad. No dispute
Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by Jlow2: 11:01am On May 23, 2018
yes many re against you because there is no more avenue to loot but its quiet unfortunate the incessant killings of innocent nigerians on daily basis without end in sight is unforgivable, lives must be guaranteed because the healthy economy , good roads and other basic amenities will not be inherited by spirits
Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by KratosCorp: 11:25am On May 23, 2018
undecided
Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by KratosCorp: 11:27am On May 23, 2018
Yea, he loved you by quoting a bunch of what Igbos did for him in the past, but so little of what he ever did for the igbos. This is a man who gleefully took part in state genocide against the igbos 50 years ago, and 50 years after he still threatened the igbos with another genocide.

This is a man who sent an army to massacre peaceful igbo protesters in their ancestral homes - even though those igbo YOUTHS have never caused any disorder in South East or elsewhere. Yet, this same man is asking the victims of middle belt and southern regions to learn to live in peace with the terrorist herdsmen just because the terrorist invaders(whom he has refused to identify as such) are his kinsmen.

This is a man who has totally excluded the igbos (one of the three largest ethnic nations in the country) from the highest level of security apparatus in the country. He even recalled and reinstated a formerly sacked police murderer who killed 6 igbo people in Abuja years ago. Under this man's watch a mob who beheaded an igbo woman for religious reasons were released from custody without trial, yet he did nothing. And the list of his atrocities and calculated complacency against the igbos goes on and on.

Yet, for some devilish and twisted reasons some random idiots still think that this pure curse loves the igbos so much.

FYI, many Igbos lost interest in Nigeria politics years ago. And many of them have repeatedly said that they are not interested in your silly presidency.

[s]

Paulezeh:
Honestly speaking, this man loves igbos much. Our hatred for mallans have obstructed our views. Look at his comments about igbo lawyers. Let us have a change of heart for this man. Even if you don't want to vote for him, he will surely win not because of rigging but we are minority and our votes are minority. We don't even have voters card. All the people here making noise don't have pvc. That day of election, they will be watching European league. After the match, they will be the ones to talk about how election was rigged in this platform. Jobless youths. Buhari has done what all previous presidents joined together have not done. He deserves accolades. With campaign or no campaign, with your minority vote or not, buhari will surely win. Talk of 2023 with your short sited dream. Nonsense.

[/s]
Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by KratosCorp: 11:36am On May 23, 2018
Yea, a government that has multiple windows for varying exchange rates; and pays massive fuel subsidy without appropriation (when crude is so cheap and pump price is at the highest rate in history). Yet, some idiots think that's part of blocking looting.

[s]

Jlow2:
yes many re against you because there is no more avenue to loot but its quiet unfortunate the incessant killings of innocent nigerians on daily basis without end in sight is unforgivable, lives must be guaranteed because the healthy economy , good roads and other basic amenities will not be inherited by spirits
[/s]
Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by Hrhejiamatu: 11:48am On May 23, 2018
This our president talks any how. I wonder if this is the country we fought for.
Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by omoharry(f): 11:56am On May 23, 2018
femidly:
Even though you all can't see it nd i hope you all do someday. Buhari is not a failure.
I concur..even Adolf Hitler was a good man.
Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by omoharry(f): 11:58am On May 23, 2018
SirBunky85:
enlighten urself first.u attacked someone without giving ur own correct figure and u think dat u are not duller dan the person u called dullard abi?
The op provided the correct information which can be read when you click on the link..of cos you didn't read it but decided to type this ...you completely fooled yourself..follow follow blind loyalist.
Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by DeOTR: 12:00pm On May 23, 2018
ChiefMarumba:
The second wife Aisha,the first lady was reported to be richer than the president. She is a daughter of a billoneer.
You actually believed what you typed up here? SMH
Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by DeOTR: 12:03pm On May 23, 2018
riches4me:
If you all think election in Nigeria is won by d number of likes on nairaland. u better think again. not to even talk about them coming from one small section of d country. Continue to like. D people that will counter all likes with millions of votes when it counts are up north. Awon omo gbewuri.
PDP supporters said the same thing before 2015 general elections. We all know how it ended.
Ignore online opinions at your peril.
Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by omoharry(f): 12:10pm On May 23, 2018
Paulezeh:
Honestly speaking, this man loves igbos much. Our hatred for mallans have obstructed our views. Look at his comments about igbo lawyers. Let us have a change of heart for this man. Even if you don't want to vote for him, he will surely win not because of rigging but we are minority and our votes are minority. We don't even have voters card. All the people here making noise don't have pvc. That day of election, they will be watching European league. After the match, they will be the ones to talk about how election was rigged in this platform. Jobless youths. Buhari has done what all previous presidents joined together have not done. He deserves accolades. With campaign or no campaign, with your minority vote or not, Buhari will surely win. Talk of 2023 with your short sited dream. Nonsense.
why wont you support him..i believe you are from the core north...you people cannot think nor do anything except your terrible leaders ask you to.they think for you and ask you to attend Islamic school , kill and commit suicide and killings other infidels along with you..so that you can have better a life after death but their children are exempted from this archaic lifestyle..your region is a mockery of our nation before the international community..this is a region where children born outside the elite group are raised to become potential beggars and terrorist..and you are proud to continue with this failure of a president, just because you don't have the faculty to know how to be govern as a citizen.Please for the sake of the people killed on a daily basis including those priest it would be better not to say anything at all.what your kin are doing is nothing to emulate nor be proud off.
Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by buchai: 12:27pm On May 23, 2018
make una remember, if buhari win 2019 election it will be the same old story again blaming people na him job Naija na him property blaming people that steered the leadership of the country was like damaging his property
Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by ABHAKS: 12:41pm On May 23, 2018
OfficialRasheed:
This man has no shame o, his own children schooled abroad and he's blasting other people who sent their Children to school abroad.
B okoharam
U nemployment
H erdsmen
A rmed robbery
R ecession
I nsecurity

Rubbish!!!!! you can critize wasting your time on Internet. The Nigerians that voted him will still vote not Internet and nairaland voting. Use the present economic situation and build your self better. Rome is not built in a day. After every body know what past we went through. Find out about the the past, analyse the current situation, and for see the future

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by Ayobami7(m): 1:24pm On May 23, 2018
grin
Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by SirBunky85(m): 2:46pm On May 23, 2018
omoharry:
The op provided the correct information which can be read when you click on the link..of cos you didn't read it but decided to type this ...you completely fooled yourself..follow follow blind loyalist.
anoda dull being spotted
Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by SirBunky85(m): 2:52pm On May 23, 2018
Firstpage:

Are you a robot? Is that all you are programmed to say?
Ok. How am I dull?
since u are a friend to a dullard,u are also dull

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See The Massive Structure Governor Udom Emmanuel Inspected Today / "Osinbajo's Declaration Sounds More Like a Threat" - Nigerians React / Video Of People Paid To Attend A Rally Was Not APC But A LP Bus (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.