Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly (47696 Views)

How Economy Fared Under Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, Buhari / Second Niger Bridge: Buhari Did What OBJ, Yar’adua, Jonathan Couldn’t - Adesina / House Of Representatives To Probe Obasanjo, Yar’Adua & Jonathan Power Contracts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by lonelydora: 9:52pm On May 22, 2018
He criticised them but he hasn't done anything different

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by CodeTemplar: 9:53pm On May 22, 2018
Trash

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by Akanapiaigwe: 9:54pm On May 22, 2018
front3line:

Why won’t he be incoherent with the simple verifiable narration above ? I am sorry, I forgot he is not Igbo.

Only Igbo delivers coherent narratives.

insulting a tribe
cc
mynd44 lalasticlala seun obinoscopy

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by surgical: 9:55pm On May 22, 2018
Nbote:
A bad workman blames his tools for his failure. A terribly bad workman blames his tools, his workshop and even his customers for his failings.. PMB has been a colossal failure.. He has blamed his predecessors, d youths, Nigerians in general and even other countries for basically every challenge he has been faced with.. Wen will he accept responsibility for anything?
umh you are asking for too much
Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by narrowpathy(m): 9:55pm On May 22, 2018
Always blaiming. Since 2016 till now...still blaiming.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by LZAA: 9:55pm On May 22, 2018
Ebullience:
President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday criticised previous Nigerian administrations for “lack of imagination.”

He said they failed to provide needed infrastructure despite huge revenues, even as he singled out Olusegun Obasanjo, who was president from 1999 to 2007, for spending over $15 billion dollars on power without achieving much.

Mr Obasanjo, a former supporter of Mr Buhari, is one of the fiercest critics of the incumbent president. He had in January written a damning letter to Mr Buhari asking him not to seek re-election in 2019 due to poor performance.

Speaking when he received a delegation of Buhari Support Organisation (BSO) at the Presidential Villa Tuesday, the president said he often wondered why people in authority chose to send their children outside the country to acquire education while they fail to develop the country.

“I wonder want kind of Nigerians they want their children to come and work with. I think there is a lot of lack of imagination.

“Because if you’re fighting for the country then you shouldn’t be misappropriating or misapplying the fund the way people do,” he said.

Mr Buhari thanked members of the support group for standing by him without being prompted to do so.

“Nobody is paying you for what you have been doing. It is because from the bottom of your hearts; you exposed yourselves by identifying with me through opposition to success and after the success.

“I don’t know how many of you people will say what the hell you got out of it. You can only get satisfaction through voluntary and understandable way of believing in issues you do.

“You are only expecting your return from God and you are looking for the future of the country-your children and grand children.”

The president told the gathering that he recently made some statements. He said because some of them may have missed it due to absence of electricity, he had to repeat it.

He said he threw a challenge to anyone to check either in Europe, Asia or America that between 1999 and 2014, Nigeria was producing 2.1 million barrels per day of crude at an average cost of $100 per barrel.

He said the price even went up to $143.

“So Nigeria was earning 2.1 million times 100 times 16 years, 7 days a week.

“When we came, it collapsed to $37-38 and it was oscillating between $40 and $54 sometimes.

“ I went to the Governor of Central Bank, thank goodness I did not sack him, he is still there. I went with my cap in my hand and say oya. He said there was no savings, only debt,” Mr Buhari said.

During the 16 years the president referenced, Nigeria was governed by three presidents, Olusegun Obasanjo (1999-2007), Umaru Yar’Adua (2007 to 2010), and Goodluck Jonathan (2010 to 2015).

The president told the group of supporters that when he assumed office, most of the roads in Nigeria were in terrible condition, adding “some of them were not repaired since PTF days.”

PTF is the Petroleum Trust Fund set up by late Head of State, Sani Abacha, in 1994 to utilise the proceeds of a petrol price increase. Mr Buhari headed the PTF, which was reputed to have constructed many road projects across the country while the military dictator stole Nigeria blind.

Mr Buhari, who has been criticised for looking the other way while Mr Abacha stole billions of dollars from public treasury while in office, again justified his working with the dictator.

“No matter what opinion you have about Abacha,” he said, “I agreed to work with him and the roads we did from PTF exist from here to Port Harcourt, to Onitsha, to Benin and so on.”

He said the agency also intervened in education and medical care among others.

Mr Buhari also said the railway in Nigeria “was killed and one of the former Heads of State between that time was bragging that he spent more than 15 billion American dollars, not Naira, on power. Where is the power? Where is the power? And now we have to pay the debts,” he said, in apparent reference to Mr Obasanjo.

Lambasts National Assembly

Mr Buhari also came down hard on the members of the National Assembly.

He also said unlike the previous administrations, he has made the highest provision for capital projects; N1.3 trillion; in the budget he took to the Assembly.

“Let anybody come and confront me publicly in the National Assembly. What have they been doing?

“Some of them have been there for 10 years. What have they been doing?,” he asked.

Mr Buhari said just like he mentioned 30 years ago, everyone should know that citizens have no other country than Nigeria, adding “we should remain here and salvage it together no matter what you have outside.”

He said his administration had uncovered some houses in Abuja, U.S. and Europe belonging to “some people”.

He, however, said some of them “swore to God” that the houses do not belong to them.

Mr Buhari said “but their accounts, through the banks, through their companies, show that it is their own. But they say it’s not their own.

“This is a terrible thing and the people are saying what are we doing? Why can’t you lock them up? And again I went on by telling them what I said when I was in uniform, younger and rather ruthless. I got from the President downward and I locked them up in Kirikiri and I said you’re guilty except you prove yourselves innocent.

“I myself was locked up and those who misappropriated public funds were given back what they had taken away. Who did anything about it?

“Then I decided to come and put agbada. I tried one, two, three four times and God agreed,” he said.

Mr Buhari said when he ran for office for the third time and went to the court afterwards, his lawyer, Mike Ahamba, who, he described as “a Roman Catholic and Ibo man” requested the panel of judges at the Supreme Court to order for register of voters in some constituencies across the country be provided for vetting and confirmation of the election outcome.

He said the Supreme Court rejected the request and asked him to approach the electoral commission instead.

The president said that at the end, the court ruled against his petition except one judge, who, he, again described as” another Ibo man, a Roman Catholic” who wrote a minority judgment in his favour.

“He was among the panel of the judges, he wrote a minority report in my favour. So, why this question of religion and ethnicity and so on?

“People are worshipping the dollars, the Sterlings not to even talk of the Naira.

“He wrote a minority report saying this is what we have decided. But the President of that court was my classmate for six years in secondary school; he is from my own state. So, please, we have nothing to regret. Absolutely nothing.

“Since we all believe that God works in our hearts not in our talking. God help us, God help our children and grandchildren.

“We will try as much as we can to work and bring this country to it senses.

“God has given Nigeria everything; we are rich in human and material resources so let us keep praying to God that He should put people of conscience in charge at all levels,” Mr Buhari said.

The president commended members of the BSO for supporting him over the years without expecting anything in return.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/269368-buhari-talks-tough-attacks-obasanjo-yaradua-jonathan-national-assembly.html/

it was the electoral practices initiated by Yaradua and seen through by GEJ that brought this joker to power
same practices he's hellbent in destroying just to return to power
Obj did a lot of bad but the land still moved and definitely nobody suffered like this
fixed which roads?
is it the same one Ezego died on(rip odogwu)
well continue deceiving ur zombies
cc immhotep pointzerom iceberg3 DaBullIT

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by frankdGreat125: 9:56pm On May 22, 2018
Ohhhhhh I don die,
Chai so this man is telling us that he is only Saint in the land of Corruption.
Thunder fire your generation....... Idiot wot is he transmission the transition to transformer to transgression.
Chai na only him Waka come

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by Amuluonyenaego: 10:01pm On May 22, 2018
buhari better be guided o cos AFONJAS will soon come after you o
Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by Lomprico2: 10:03pm On May 22, 2018
moscobabs:
The man is too blunt and thats why they hate him

He is stupid blunt man!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by positivethought: 10:06pm On May 22, 2018
This is why I can never ever like or support buhari,always lying n twisting history to suit himself n make others look bad, what was the price of oil when obasanjo took over in 1999?,when did the price rose above $100/barrel?,how long had the price dropped below $100/barrel before he took over?, this are facts that can be easily cross checked,but buhari will keep going about deceiving his zombies with his stupid utterances same way he lied that he built the refineries n pipeline network as a minister n so many other lies during the campaigns.It serves obasanjo right, this was the same buhari his supposed junior in every facet of life that he was shamelessly bowing to n claiming he has not disappointed him, now everyone can see the kind of corruption buhari is fighting,using the guise of anti corruption to destroy his perceive enemies n nothing more.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by ZombiePUNISHER: 10:06pm On May 22, 2018
post=67791513:
GOOD BLESS MY PRESIDENT.

We sane ones will vote for you over and over again.

It's only looters, thieves and their supporters that don't want you to be the President.

They can hate as long as they want and we sane ones will keep voting you as long as we want.

GOD BLESS PMB.

Any supporter of this killer is not sane
Didn't you see the mass burial in benue today?

Am guessing it made you want to vote him the more

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by Edu3Again: 10:07pm On May 22, 2018
doctokwus:
Incoherent mumble jumble as usual.
Jumping from one issue to another unrelated issue.
Wonder if him and Idris Kpokom come from the same lineage.
Chai, wicked man u be grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by faithfull18(f): 10:07pm On May 22, 2018
Nigeria: all talk,no action.
Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by yipata: 10:12pm On May 22, 2018
THANKS BUT I WILL STILL VOTE FOR HIM SO THAT MY GREAT DESCENDANTS COMING AFTER ME WILL BLESS MY GENERATION AND THANK US FOR NOT PLAYING ETHINICS POLITICS WITH THIER FUTURE. YOU CAN INSULT(S) ME I DONT CARE.

OfficialRasheed:
This man has no shame o, his own children schooled broad and he's blasting other people who sent their Children to school abroad.
B okoharam
U nemployment
H erdsmen
A rmed robbery
R ecession
I nsecurity

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by cosmosekeh: 10:13pm On May 22, 2018
U mean d dullard actually made these statements?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by comodo: 10:15pm On May 22, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Counter what he said with facts not emotions

PMB u trained your own children where?? ABU Kettle calling pot black.
Ear infection u run go London.
Malaria u run go London.
How long will it take to upgrade the Aso rock clinic?? Maybe 8 years.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by Kingsolar: 10:16pm On May 22, 2018
Who corrupt reach u pmb?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by Paperwhite(m): 10:16pm On May 22, 2018
Keep blaming everybody for your utter cluelessness. angry Foolish president.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by decoderdgenius(m): 10:17pm On May 22, 2018
jerseyboy:
Buhari is a dolt.

Too bad of you. Don't always let your mood affect your utterances.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by excel101(m): 10:19pm On May 22, 2018
Its funny when PMB said that the former Govt, lacks imaginations as if his govt, was better,

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by Pascal181: 10:26pm On May 22, 2018
This terrorist fulani man don't even know what infrastructure is,the national stadium in Abuja, d world class airport CBD express way among other road networks 're infrastructures. What has this terrorist done so far other than killing people

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by hokafor(m): 10:28pm On May 22, 2018
But how come you started talking now

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by poseidon12: 10:29pm On May 22, 2018
BS from the same bigot that is recruiting his fellow Fulani from other African countries to come and be killing Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by DeOTR: 10:30pm On May 22, 2018
With these statements, it's evident that even an illiterate trader on the street knows more about the history of Nigerian economy than Buhari.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by Mansur59: 10:31pm On May 22, 2018
I wonder how stupid you people that are critisizing pmb are. you guys can rain all the insult in your generation to this man but i bet u guys, it all for ntn. we have million of thieves and looter like you guys every were even here, even if u guy are being paid for this critism failure is gonna b d end 4 it. long live pmb

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by syntax50: 10:35pm On May 22, 2018
powerkey:
Idiot of a President.

very useless

you all voted this IDIOT into office so quit howling; afterall the next person you will vote to replace him will make him (THE IDIOT) look like a fackking saint
Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by Sultty(m): 10:35pm On May 22, 2018
Mansur59:
I wonder how stupid you people that are critisizing pmb are. you guys can rain all the insult in your generation to this man but i bet u guys, it all for ntn. we have million of thieves and looter like you guys every were even here, even if u guy are being paid for this critism failure is gonna b d end 4 it. long live pmb
U sound daft like bu. Whatever. If he's any better then y did he not equip the hospital's to stop his frequent foreign medical trips and that of his spoilt okada rider of a son.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by Buhari2rule(f): 10:36pm On May 22, 2018
Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by Nobody: 10:37pm On May 22, 2018
President Buhari must first slam himself for failing to fulfill his promises made to Nigerians during campaigns in 2014. The dollar is yet to equate naira, no jobs, no investments, as at today, One Dollar exchanges for NGN360. Where is the good roads they promised us? Are our refineries working at all? What have they used the subsidy money for? Are they not still paying subsidy? In Buhari's government, the spate of insecurity in Nigeria is worrisome and the worst in the history of Nigeria. How aboput our hospitals? Has buhari stopped visiting UK for medical treatment, contrary to what he deceived us with in 2014 which made us to vote him in the south-west, that none of his party ,members including himself would travel overseas to receive medical treatment. Unless buhari comes out to address these points of concern, he should stop slamming people. Lest I forget, Madam Turai, who ate more than mama peace while her husband was president, up till when he was away for months for medical treatment, has she been probed? Is buhari sparing her because she also hail from his state, katsina? Those billions of dollars she was busy packing after she was convinced that her husband was no more, must be returned and if buhari fails to probe her, the next government surely will as she wont go scot free. If she likes, let her run to obasanjo in ota again for rescue, it won't work out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by eejo(m): 10:39pm On May 22, 2018
buhari cannot even condole the christains on the day of protest but politics . This shows me the killings mean nothing to him

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by SirBunky85(m): 10:39pm On May 22, 2018
LordAdam:

Chronic, shameless liar!

Which Nigeria was selling 2.1m barrels every day at $100 for the last 16 years? How can such an ignorant illiterate be ruling this country?

And btw, he wants us to applaud Abacha for constructing roads even though international governments have refunded billions he stole, but he wants us to crucify GEJ who also constructed roads, and did more--railways, universities, and revamped agriculture but has no property abroad. Abi is codeine part of their diet in Aso Rock.

Anyway, at least the blame game has gone past GEJ now. Very soon, it'd get to the colonial masters.

Clown!

-Lord
u are the clown here.u just attacked pmb and cald him a liar without giving us the correct figure..iranu

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly by LordAdam: 10:42pm On May 22, 2018
SirBunky85:
u are the clown here.u just attacked pmb and cald him a liar without giving us the correct figure..iranu

Do you think this is the first time the du**ard in chief is making this gaffe? It has being debunked severally in the past.

Here's an article to enlighten yourself.

Average price of crude oil from 1999 to 2015 was $61 per barrel, not $100 proclaimed by President Buhari

http://www.inclusivepress.net/article.php?aid=110&title=Average%20price%20of%20crude%20oil%20from%201999%20to%202015%20was%20$61%20per%20barrel,%20not%20$100%20proclaimed%20by%20President%20Buhari%20&source=home

-Lord

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

El-Rufai: "This Is Why Buhari Loves Keyamo Like His Son" / What Could Tinubu Be Telling Saraki Here? (Photo) / Badeh Met Aisha Buhari, Kyari Before Assassination – Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.