Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,840 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. (7940 Views)

Special Powerful Massage Hammer For The Body. / How To Escape Alcohol Addiction / Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by Oba234: 2:22pm On May 28, 2010
Anything you do in life have to be done moderately. Too much Alcohol is bad for you. The same way too much food is bad for you because you don't want you arteries clog and die of heart attack. Too much of anything is not good. Alcohol just make you kind of loose and free spirited. It gives you don't give a damn attitude. Thats all. People have different levels of tolerance. Some people only need wine to knock them out while some people hard liquor(such as vodka, rum, etc) to feel anything. Just know your level and act responsible and you will be fine.

1 Like

Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by Oba234: 2:26pm On May 28, 2010
Smartrizz:

what of RED WINE? is 13% dangerous too. thou i don't drink but my friend drink once in a while and i complain abt that.

pls advice

abeg, RED WINE is not dangerous. it's actually good for you medically. IF YOU ARE GETTING DRUNK OF RED WINE MAYBE YOU SHOULD STAY AWAY FROM ALCOHOL

1 Like

Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by chrisrock(m): 2:31pm On May 28, 2010
Guys there is nothing like having some STARMACIN,GULDERMACIN,HARPAMAGIN OR STOUTYCIN in my system,it even in the bible wuon obere maka oriei afo, (drink little to avoid stomach upset), but remember Drink responsibly,

1 Like

Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by Leopantro: 2:37pm On May 28, 2010
too much of anything is not good.however,everyone has their own limit.Alcohol (in excess) inhibits your inhibitory centre.it means that in sober state that which you will not consider doing,alcohol removes that control. however,alcohol has it's benefits to the body but not in excess doses. especially red wine( not most of the red rubbish they sell in Nigeria) is considered beneficial to the body. i don't agree that alcohol is totally harmful to the body,even Jesus Christ turned water into wine (not beer).
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by HonProf2(m): 2:45pm On May 28, 2010
Yes. It is good source of Big Tommy. Example Charles, Banji. Baba Dele. Oropansin and alot of others, You can drink more and you have big tommy: Pple will think U have More Money than You do, But there is just more problem than they think, Drink Responsibly, (18).

Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by sandee575(f): 2:52pm On May 28, 2010
I beg, drink and be happy.
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by lysaa(f): 2:55pm On May 28, 2010
erniewhez:

Beer isnt for those that has no control over their brain, its for those that are always composed and knws exactly hw much they need to say "am ok!" I took my 1st beer (star) in 1985 after my WAEC while idle and looking for something to exploit, I went into my brother's fridge for water, but no cold water so i tried the star lol!. But ever since then I hav been on beer, at times occasionally, at times on weekends and recent days i take it almost everyday, cos i run a small club now. but just enough tht i can handle. I have never been drunk and never miss-behave, most pple tht comes across me the first tym drinking never blieved i drink, cos i am always well behaved. Even my Dad, it took him 10yrs 2 knw his son drinks like him, even though i lived with him for about 10yrs. SO PLEASE IF YOU TRY IT AND IT DOESNT WORK FOR YOU, STOP IT. ITS FOR SECLUDED PPLE. And who says it gives nothing? STOUT is a good blood tonic, if not abused.
News flash; i took my 1st and only full bottle of beer when i was 7yrs old.  undecided
Honestly, God helped me out of alcohol. .don't know what i'd have bn now.

1 Like

Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by ilosiwaju: 2:56pm On May 28, 2010
sandee575:

I beg, drink and be happy.
^ ^ ^may u live long jare!
Whats all these songs of praise about wine? No be all dis yeye apongbon redwine or don simon? Abegi, alcohol na alcohol, people just crazily see wine as less harmful, i gues its because wines are more expensive. . .shior! Everything should be done in moderation.
Any way sha, gulder never hurts! Trust me.  grin grin grin
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by adexchamp(m): 2:58pm On May 28, 2010
As for me i drink alcohol to reduce the fatness of my stomach because my doctor recommends it for me.
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by cold(m): 3:03pm On May 28, 2010
I was born high,it's a birth defect.I need to take alchohol on a regular to calm my nerves
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by agathamari(f): 3:06pm On May 28, 2010
small amounts of red wine daily is said to be good for you heart but alcohol in general has no significant benifits
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by otukpo(f): 3:16pm On May 28, 2010
Anything alcohol cannot have any health benefit to ur body.
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by ayo84(m): 3:17pm On May 28, 2010
alcohol makes you more hyperactive, you get brave with the opposite sex and you'll be flirting with the ladies .

well everything has it;s excessive demerits, so one shldnt take too much alcohol

but i heard stout has some nutrients
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by mrjingles(m): 3:19pm On May 28, 2010
lysaa:

News flash; i took my 1st and only full bottle of beer when i was 7yrs old.  undecided
Honestly, God helped me out of alcohol. .don't know what i'd have bn now.
shocked this babe i don dey fia u o! No wonder your afraid of shak u were traumatized early in life! pele. Am sure u "displayed" big tyme!
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by wazobiang: 3:41pm On May 28, 2010
this question has been asked for ages.
ask again. ha! ha!! ha!!! hic!
hic! hic! hic!
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by jokingmary(m): 3:55pm On May 28, 2010
this is just a question of yes or no

mine is CAPITAL NO
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by delegiwa(m): 4:08pm On May 28, 2010
For your info, SHAK/KPES no good for body.
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by denony(m): 5:58pm On May 28, 2010
Acho is the tonic to happiness
Abeg can someone chill my gulder for me
GULDER IS DA ULTIMATE.

Who said acho is harmful? it depends if you are living inside bottle,
but 1,2 to 3 bottles is very good to you, as it ignite your braveness grin
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by Adechyno(m): 6:16pm On May 28, 2010
It'z only dose dat dnt want ur gudluck, dat wil tell u Drinkin is nt good. As 4 me, Enemies dnt want me 2 be drinkin, bt i too stubborn. Infact i luv wat i'm holdin ryt now on my left hand,
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by kabukabu(m): 6:20pm On May 28, 2010
Yet another retarded post on nairaland,plus the goofballs who pitch in with ignorant comments, "doctor recommended guninness for his patient"?
Must be a Native doctor, Alcohol is NOT health food,when will people learn, it contributes absolutely nothing!wake up,people.
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by suggyspic: 6:26pm On May 28, 2010
alcohol when taken moderately is good. even Our Lord change water to wine in the bible. no one can say if it is alcoholic or not. so moderation is the watch word. You guys want to put Nigerian breweries out of business. The unemployment rate would increase and other social vices would take over.
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by Newest: 6:31pm On May 28, 2010
You spend your tym, your cash and at the end you'll start fooling urself around
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by kabukabu(m): 6:32pm On May 28, 2010
suggyspic:

alcohol when taken moderately is good. even Our Lord change water to wine in the bible. no one can say if it is alcoholic or not. so moderation is the watch word. You guys want to put Nigerian breweries out of business. The unemployment rate would increase and other social vices would take over.

What does religion have to do with the topic at hand?So if the bible says sacrifice animals,you should go ahead and do it?
Anyway,Alcohol is NOT a nutrient,essential for any function in the human body, do you understand that simple biological explanation, it is just a recreational beverage, that can impair judgement and intoxicate, and in sufficient amounts totally destroy your liver.

I have seen someone with a bad liver due to too much alcohol,guess what they have been is hospital waiting for transplant and right now knocking on the door of death.
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by saemoenl(f): 7:02pm On May 28, 2010
Contributed ill health, Beware!!
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by fowler: 7:11pm On May 28, 2010
"Blessed are those that drink BEER, for they shall have BEER-ing, hic! sorry, BEARING in life".
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by erniewhez(m): 7:17pm On May 28, 2010
@obailala, kudos bro, uve said it all. ALCOHOL ISNT FOR EVRYBODY, NOT FOR THE WEAK BRAINS OR SHALLOW MINDS, NOT FOR THE POOR EITHER, OR LOW INCOME EARNERS, NOT A PLAY THING. ALCOHOL IS SERIOUS BIZ. AM HAVING A BOTTLE RIGHT AWAY, ANY1 CARE TO JOIN?
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by erniewhez(m): 7:33pm On May 28, 2010
a friend of mine drank a bottle of smirnoff and started dancing, I havent seen him dance in 10yrs, neither hav i seen him take any alcohol, but I guess he foolishly wanted to impress his girlfriend. He promised the girl 50k that she has been pleading for six weeks to pay her next day. Next day the lady was at his home to collect her cheque, the guy called me hello, "is it true i promise chi N50K". I told him, it wasnt you, it was Mr smirnoff in ur brain. Ever since that day he keeps saying alcohol isnt good, whearas, it is his brain that is too light to handle it. Now if he had taken a BIG STOUT wht wld hav happened? Alcohol isnt for LIGHT BRAINS ok?
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by ToToChoper: 8:04pm On May 28, 2010
I know alcoholics have this pancreatic deficiency that cause them not to process alcohol correctly and to crave more.  That's why they can't stop at one drink
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by SUKKIE(m): 8:04pm On May 28, 2010
erniewhez:

@obailala, kudos bro, uve said it all. ALCOHOL ISNT FOR EVRYBODY, NOT FOR THE WEAK BRAINS OR SHALLOW MINDS, NOT FOR THE POOR EITHER, OR LOW INCOME EARNERS, NOT A PLAY THING. ALCOHOL IS SERIOUS BIZ. AM HAVING A BOTTLE RIGHT AWAY, ANY1 CARE TO JOIN?

Bros I beg pass me one 17:59 wey dey sweat make I take hold body before the "point and kill" fish  ready.  cheesy
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by harakiri(m): 8:13pm On May 28, 2010
Everybody has what works for them.Some enjoy alcohol, others don't.Personally, i have been drinking and smoking heavily for close to 12 years now and i don't let it get in the way of my everyday activities.At some point, my tolerance for alcohol was so high that i was consuming a bottle of red label or Smirnoff (blue cock) daily. I'm moderating things now. If alcohol aint good for you, leave it or else. . .

I don talk finish. smiley
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by amefi(m): 8:20pm On May 28, 2010
many things can be preserved in alcohol,but a good character is not one of them, be warned
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 28, 2010
Drinking at the most a glass of wine a day is good for your heart. wink More than that and it increases your blood pressure - which is bad. wink

There has been discussion on whether beer (drunken in moderation of course) has any health benefits. When it comes to beer there are contradictive studies so we don't really know. undecided

Spirits are bad for you, even in small amounts. lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Blood Pressure Chart By Age / Common Practices That Prevents Women From Getting Pregnant / COVID-19 Update For December 5 2020 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.