Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? (7096 Views)

How Smoking Weed Affects Women's Vagina / How Alcohol Affects The Body / Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by desperatem(m): 8:27pm On Feb 18, 2012
To me i think alcohol affects the brain and makes the brian work abnormally. Although no one ever told me and neither do i read it but i have confirmed it from about 5 people who take excess of alcohol two to three times in a week. There behavior is so abnormal and there sense of judgement is dead. Before i think maybe my friends who take the alcohol are not brainy initially but my new pal dare has made me confirmed that anyone who takes alcohol has a little mental issues. Dare utterance was so bad after his hangover. I can't narrate the whole story here, i just want to confirm from doctors and experienced ones in the house.
Re: Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by jpilata(m): 9:32pm On Feb 18, 2012
Not only the brain but also the mind and body systems.
Re: Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by Nobody: 8:45am On Feb 19, 2012
@OP
its called an HANGOVER. although people sleep off after being drinking, it doesnt mean that the alcohol has completely left their system when they wake up. it takes a while to "clean off" and therefore many people are still hungover well after the night is over.

with alcohol, there is no such thing as "mental issue", its just how alcohol works on the system. . . . . . . . and unless it is abused in excessive manners, there is no obvious side effects to it, ask Jesus (whoobviously drank wine and could still fulfill his duties)!
Re: Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by desperatem(m): 7:46am On Feb 20, 2012
@mrbrownjay
My friend behave like mentally infirm person even when he is not high. During arguement his points does not correspond with the topic. His sense of judgement is bad. He can't assimilate. So i think alcohol damages the brain gradually
Re: Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Feb 20, 2012
^^ if that is the case then we can ALL conclude that alcohol is not the problem here, and that you friend has a serious mental illness, that should be properly checked by doctors.
Re: Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by onyxo76(m): 3:24pm On Feb 20, 2012
it does affect the brain no doubt.
Re: Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by PeeDaVinci: 3:27pm On Feb 20, 2012
Re: Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by knotty(m): 3:30pm On Feb 20, 2012
when i am high, i am soberly reflecting on things affecting my life
when i am sober, i am high on cutting edge octane adrenalin pummeling me thru the day.
Alco does nothing, perception does everything.
Re: Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by Anchuna: 3:36pm On Feb 20, 2012
Is a lie, it does not afffect the brain nagatively, rather it makes it work optimally. During my high school days, I used to take at least 2 liters of palm wine before sitting for my terminal exams, and I always come out top of my class.
Re: Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by stepo707: 3:38pm On Feb 20, 2012
Anchuna:

Is a lie, it does not afffect the brain nagatively, rather it makes it work optimally. During my high school days, I used to take at least 2 liters of palm wine before sitting for my terminal exams, and I always come out top of my class.
grin grin grin
Re: Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by Acidosis(m): 3:47pm On Feb 20, 2012
Op, have you heard of alcoholism, depression, schizophrenia, parkinsonism, alcohol dependence ?
Re: Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by ekeroyal(m): 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2012
desperatem:

@mrbrownjay
My friend behave like mentally infirm person even when he is not high. During arguement his points does not correspond with the topic. His sense of judgement is bad. He can't assimilate. So i think alcohol damages the brain gradually
Your friend's sick mentally, it's not just alcohol.

Anchuna:

You're right on track am a living witness.

In fact this topic should be jokes section. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by Shola2009(m): 4:25pm On Feb 20, 2012

@OP
its called an HANGOVER. although people sleep off after being drinking, it doesnt mean that the alcohol has completely left their system when they wake up. it takes a while to "clean off" and therefore many people are still hungover well after the night is over.

with alcohol, there is no such thing as "mental issue", its just how alcohol works on the system. . . . . . . . and unless it is abused in excessive manners, there is no obvious side effects to it, ask Jesus (whoobviously drank wine and could still fulfill his duties)!
GBAM! Best example. . lol
Re: Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by UjSizzle(f): 4:37pm On Feb 20, 2012
do dogs bark? Does smoking damage the lungs?
Ofcoz alcohol affects the brain! Medical science confirms that.
Re: Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by Yinkay: 4:42pm On Feb 20, 2012
Let schoolmasters puzzle their brain,
With grammar, and nonsense, and learning;
Good liquor, I stoutly maintain,
Gives genius a better discerning.
Oliver Goldsmith grin
Re: Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by Yeske2(m): 4:52pm On Feb 20, 2012
I'm having Vino Tinto right now and my head dey kampe so what's your point OP?
Re: Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by Akwasi(m): 5:50pm On Feb 20, 2012
Anchuna:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I am holding my ribs here. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin You should never be allowed near your children
Re: Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by Desanta(m): 6:02pm On Feb 20, 2012
Alcohol inhibits the inhibitory center thereby making people to feel high and sometimes antisocial. A little alcohol is good for the heart especially red wine, but too much of it can damage your liver, heart and other vital organs in your body. It also increases libido while reducing sexual performance. The guy described above has a mental problem which may or may not be caused by alcohol (alcoholic psychosis or encephalopathy), he needs to be evaluated by a psychiatrist.
Re: Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Feb 20, 2012
AlCoHoL has no side effEct except when taken in excess (hangover), it makes me relax and think straight, to me being sober is a taboo #peace
Re: Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by Gentleboby: 7:03pm On Feb 20, 2012
Which type of alcohol are we talking about b/cos we have many
there is one call Monkey-tail

It can take your brain from pack to drive and accelerate it,
so the velocity will determine what will happen to your brain.
Re: Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by oladayo042: 7:04pm On Feb 20, 2012
Anchuna:

You made my day.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by Binkalette: 7:36pm On Feb 20, 2012
when i am sober, i am high on cutting edge octane adrenalin pummeling me thru the day.[img]http://www.demama.info/g.php[/img]
Re: Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by gaddafe(m): 8:23pm On Feb 20, 2012
There are various types of alcohol. Someone mentioned ''monkey tail'', it is a mixture of igbo and ogogoro. Depending on your body system, constant use of this alcohol could make you go mad o.
Re: Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by ArQueBusieR(m): 8:29pm On Feb 20, 2012
Alchohol is a sedative/depressant. Sedatives/depressants slowdown the Central Nervous System which includes the brain. Too much of it may even cause your brain to shutdown.
Re: Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by Pukkah: 8:30pm On Feb 20, 2012
It looks like your incoherent friend has started showing signs of mental instability. This is beyond alcohol and he should be advised or made to keep an appointment with a psychiatrist.
Re: Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by felifeli: 10:22pm On Feb 20, 2012
It is very good for the brain. In fact they use alcohol for preservation of organs from spoiling in biology labs.
Re: Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by OSFarinde(m): 10:52pm On Feb 20, 2012
Alcohol is one of the best thing God created , in normal proportion it makes you feel good, ever wonder why the catholics drinks ?? and have you ever heard of the word . ' ITS 5'OCLOCK SOMEWHERE ' , One other good thing about Alcohol is that na beer palour argument dey sweet pass. (go confirm) .

I wonder how the world will be like without Alcohol , HYPER BORING !!!
Re: Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Feb 20, 2012
You sound like you take alcohol yourself!
Re: Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by OSFarinde(m): 11:09pm On Feb 20, 2012
I drink and I love it , with all the bad news all over the place , wettin you think say the cool person temper ?
Re: Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by bakila: 11:30pm On Feb 20, 2012
ArQueBusieR:

Alchohol is a sedative/depressant. Sedatives/depressants slowdown the Central Nervous System which includes the brain. Too much of it may even cause your brain to shutdown.
Ok is that why some people post rubbish, kind of they are still and the bottle and trying to post. They shut down wake up and just post anything before their brain shuts down.
Re: Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by youngboss1(m): 7:21am On Feb 21, 2012
Proven medically that a bit of alcohol in the body help prevent brain damage during accident bt excessive just like every other thing is bad for the body
Re: Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by shadiva: 8:36am On Feb 21, 2012
gaddafe:

There are various types of alcohol. Someone mentioned ''monkey tail'', it is a mixture of igbo and ogogoro. Depending on your body system, constant use of this alcohol could make you go mad o.

shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Cure Infertility Using Aidan Fruit / COVID-19 Update For March 27 2021 In Nigeria / Leprosy Outbreak In Gombe, Children Stricken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.