Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,196 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) (29902 Views)

NERC Ask Consumers To Seek For Compensation From DisCos For Poor Service / Ortom: I Have Document, Fulani Want To Takeover Nigeria / CBN Direct Banks To Take Over Collection Of Electricity Bills From Discos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by Grayxme: 6:47pm On May 24, 2018
Nice one Mr President... I know you have the interest of the masses at heart.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by Abudu2000(m): 6:50pm On May 24, 2018
aguiyi2:
They get everything right apart from supplying adequate power itself.
if only the govt talk about steady supply as much as they did in hyping this meter maybe the public would be glad they haven't yet received
Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:51pm On May 24, 2018
Harwoyeez:
how come u know all the distribution companies are foreign?

I'm an insider. I know some of these companies.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by VULCAN(m): 6:53pm On May 24, 2018
Please substitute good actions for good news. Talk is cheap. 3 yrs is enough to show some results

Newpride:
People are not always happy when they hear good news abt the federal government of Nigeria. shocked

When there’s any step taking this government to make things work out, let’s always commend her.

This is very commendable, I love to hear and read good news abt the federal government.

God bless pmb...

God bless Nigeria ..
Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by 9jaArea: 6:53pm On May 24, 2018
aguiyi2:
They get everything right apart from supplying adequate power itself.

This policy if successfully implemented will go along way in solving some issues with power distribution. If most consumers are metered, the DISCOS will stop rejecting load because the less power they supply the less money they get.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by Depot(m): 6:54pm On May 24, 2018
Jeezuzpick:
See madness!

I was expecting to see MOJEC on that list.

In case you don't know, MOJEC is an indigenous Company already manufacturing meters right here in Nigeria.

What a pity!

T
As in, i came to check for Mojec & Micro star, disappointed its not on the list. Am presently using Mojec meter and its cool.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by Oblang(m): 6:55pm On May 24, 2018
killuminati:
Buhari should be made Nigeria's President for life..

I just wish the guy can be there for like four terms. Sense will fall on many especially all this politicians that think they are above the law...

1 Like

Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by TGM2015: 7:12pm On May 24, 2018
Jeezuzpick:
See madness!

In case you don't know, MOJEC is an indigenous Company already manufacturing meters right here in Nigeria.

What a pity!
MOJEC is a manufacturing company as you said but these 22 firms are distribution companies. Please read the first paragraph slowly and carefully.

If you work for MOJEC, what you can do is get details of these companies and market your MOJEC meters to them.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by ndigbo: 7:13pm On May 24, 2018
redsun:
It is disgraceful that people can't have their own metres to manage their electrIcity consumption. In rural areas ,communities are forcefully tied to central metres that compels everybody to pay the same amount, irrespective of individual usage and need for electricity.

Nigerians in positions of authority always want to make money from everything at the dire expense of their fellow citizens and society. The don't derive joy in getting things done and taking pride in living in a functional society where mundane things of life are no objects.

I am currently fighting for my community the airport village in Imo state with Enugu Electric Distribution Company (EEDC). These people installed a prepaid meter on the transformer in my village. Imagine exhausting 200 to 250k weekly on a prepaid meter in a village! Villagers have to contribute to generate the sum to recharge the said meter. And EEDC doesn’t think there is a need to meter individuals. And that I my issue with them. For Me, I have decided to see the conclusion of this matter.

These power distribution companies can’t keep treating people any how!

3 Likes

Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by hisgrace090: 7:22pm On May 24, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:
grin aswear if i get meter here in Maiduguri i go Vote Buhari.

Paying 8k monthly for a 3bedroom flat when i only spend 2weeks in a month in Maid city

But I hear that people doesn't utility bill in the north?

So they pay for electric bill over there?

1 Like

Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:23pm On May 24, 2018
Don't worry you would soon have the chance to vote Yesufu Buhari

killuminati:
Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by hisgrace090: 7:25pm On May 24, 2018
nabegibeg:

Tou will be shocked that the same discos will still be the ones that have the firms sharing the meters

this is nigeria, We are wicked in our approach to issues that benefits the public

You nailed it.
Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:25pm On May 24, 2018
TGM2015:

MOJEC is a manufacturing company as you said but these 22 firms are distribution companies. Please read the first paragraph slowly and carefully.

If you work for MOJEC, what you can do is get details of these companies and market your MOJEC meters to them.

Thank you.

You try.

You're telling me Huawei and MBH will not face China and India to buy meters, abi?

I don't work for MOJEC though.

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by americanson: 7:39pm On May 24, 2018
Jeezuzpick:
See madness!

What a pity!
nobody manufactures shiit in Nigeria. Na assembling den dey do.

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:41pm On May 24, 2018
hisgrace090:

But I hear that people doesn't utility bill in the north?

So they pay for electric bill over there?

Haaaa omo i pay 8k a month here oh. And mostly i only spend two weeks in a month at home
Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 24, 2018
Jeezuzpick:
See madness!

What a pity!

That is Nigeria for you

But also look at it this way, they will focus on manufacturing for at least 50% of these companies so they don't need to bother about distribution just manufacture
Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by kmaster007: 7:54pm On May 24, 2018
his it for free
Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by Forpink2: 7:55pm On May 24, 2018
ok
Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by hisgrace090: 7:55pm On May 24, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:

Haaaa omo i pay 8k a month here oh. And mostly i only spend two weeks in a month at home

Thanks!
Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by gr8tone: 8:02pm On May 24, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
first to comment .
How much profit have you made?

1 Like

Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by Charly68: 8:18pm On May 24, 2018
A very good decision...DIsco never want Nigerians to have metres, they prefer to be giving out fictitious bills than allowing correct metering..

1 Like

Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by Fr33born(m): 8:27pm On May 24, 2018
Talk as usual. If my house is metered before the end of this year, i will vote APC.
Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by dele55: 8:42pm On May 24, 2018
post=67845306:
Good one! I hope the distribution will be faster this time.
I doubt if they will be as fast as expected. Some distribution company are already saying they hope to complete the process by November. Delay tactics i guess.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by BlackHatNaija: 8:48pm On May 24, 2018
dele55:
I doubt if they will be as fast as expected. Some distribution company are already saying they hope to complete the process by November. Delay tactics i guess.
So much delay in the distribution, many places doesn't have the meter yet. Many applied like a year ago and still waiting.
Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by kennydotkom(m): 8:58pm On May 24, 2018
I think this is a Goodnews. I no it's possible to meter every house in nigeria both in rural area, going by the theory of how million of people in nigeria own a mobile phone, while human beings are far more than the number of houses to meter yet phone are made available for everyone. Just that the PHCN people didn't want prepaid meter to go round. How would they get to be brided for not disconnect consumer, they also no that power cannot be available 24/7,so how Wil they sell more card when light is not available.so they must work hard to make sure there is constant light so people can use their card on time to buy another one. My research though
Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by ORIENTATION101: 9:08pm On May 24, 2018
gr8tone:
How much profit have you made?
I won't tell you until you start minding your business
Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by greatiyk4u(m): 9:24pm On May 24, 2018
Jeezuzpick:
See madness!

What a pity!

Lol MOJEC is importing from China......... It is actually MICROSTAR that manufactures the meter that Money supply
Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by raphaeladeyele: 11:05pm On May 24, 2018
ok now
Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by frank41(m): 1:40am On May 25, 2018
killuminati:

You need medical rehabilitation oga!

1 Like

Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by efonat(m): 5:26am On May 25, 2018
Akwa Ibom metering company is not listed to show u that the metering company in aks is a scam and its political.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by BlackHatNaija: 8:38am On May 25, 2018
@kingjoya, I wish also but the bot attack ends at 10.30pm on 26th

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wanted Stanley Mgbere Is Not Our Member - IPOB Tells Governor Wike / Tanko Almakura Carrying Garri On His Head (photo) / Resolutions Of Fg/labour Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.