Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,311 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Dapchi: Leah Sharibu Reunites With Her Mother In A Dream - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dapchi: Leah Sharibu Reunites With Her Mother In A Dream (28298 Views)

Lai Mohammed Lied, FG Paid ‘Large Ransom’ To Free Dapchi Girls – UN Report / Leah Sharibu's Results In Her Report Card (Photo) / How Dapchi Girls Died, Buried — TribuneOnline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dapchi: Leah Sharibu Reunites With Her Mother In A Dream by dre11(m): 12:02am On May 25, 2018
By Hamisu Kabir Matazu,

[img]https://images.dailytrust.com.ng/cms/gall_content/2018/3/2018_3$large_Liya-Sharibu-1-653x365.jpg[/img]

Mrs Rabecca Sharibu, mother of the only Dapchi schoolgirl under Boko haram captivity said she has reunited with her beloved daughter, Leah, four months after.

The mother, said, her brave Leah appeared to her midnight in red dress and hugged her with a broad smile, "I finally got my freedom Mama" she said.

Rabecca said the minutes of the excitement was cut short when she suddenly woke up to realise it was a dream.

Fielding question on whether they had a memorable discussion, the anxious mother said "Yes, we hugged each other very tide in such a way that no force can separate us before narrating to me her ordeals.

"Mama I really suffered in their hand. We use to sleep on leaves and barely take bath. but, they fed me well" she said.

" That minutes of excitement nearly took away all my sorrow. Sadly, it was a dream. I cried when I opened my eyes and realized it was a dream. I tried going back to sleep for more discussion but I couldn't. I cried throughout that night and pray that God should make it a reality".

On whether she would allow Leah to continue in the school, Rabecca said, "She rather stay out of school than returning to GGSTC Dapchi. I already transferred her brother to a school in Jos. She is the only one I am waiting for now" she revealed.

Mother's pains in Leah's four months captivity

Staying alone in a mud house, Rebbeca is desperately waiting for her daughter, Leah, to return.

Rabbeca, a mother of two, a boy and the only girl in captivity who refused to denounce her religion, decried that no official from the federal, state governments or even the school principal knocked on her door to sympathize with her.

She said that government had kept promising to Nigerians that her daughter would be safely rescued without keeping the family abreast.

"It's very sad and frustrating each time we hear something from the Media about our daughter. Recently, government said that negotiation for my daughter's release is complicated.

As parents, we should be informed of any development before going to press. The government's attitude of relaying the information is making me angrier and more frightened by the day. Each time a story like this come up." she said.

"It's by the help of media that the government is intensifying effort for her rescue. If not, we would not know what will happen," she revealed.

She decried that the only way they reachout to government is through interviews with the media, "There is no other way to speak to them, we aired our grievances in the media, and the government always respond to the stories to provide defense. Only 'Aisha' one of her released abducted friend visited me."

The mother said that, since the release of the abducted schoolgirls, only one of them 'Aisha' had visited.

"She told me that many of them wanted to come but they don't want see me crying. Her best friend Liana usually call me on phone to ask about Leah but has not came to visit me", she lamented.

It's recalled that on February 19, 2018 Boko haram militants have stormed Government Girls Technical College in Dapchi, Yobe State where they abducted 111 schoolgirls.

All but six of the Dapchi girls were returned to the school on March 21, 2018. Five were reported died in captivity while the only Christian girl Leah is still being held.

GGSTC Dapchi reopens

Government Girls Science and Technical College Dapchi has re-opened on April 30 but of most pupils have refused to return out of fear.

A source in the school told our reporter that over 300 students have returned out the total number of 989.

He over 200 students are writing their
final year examination, while the rest would continue with the study.

The commissioner, Yobe State Ministry of education, Mohammed Lamin, said they have done everything possible to make the school safe for the student to continue their education.

He said that security operatives were deployed to provide 24 hour security in the school. "We advised parents to have confidence in us and the system we have put in place," he said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/dapchi-how-i-reunited-with-leah--mother-252309.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapchi: Leah Sharibu Reunites With Her Mother In A Dream by Alphasoar(m): 12:05am On May 25, 2018
wow... Dreams do come true ma, keep hope alive!!

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dapchi: Leah Sharibu Reunites With Her Mother In A Dream by rafindo(m): 12:18am On May 25, 2018
well i dont want to be seen to inhumane to the mother but i think her sanity level is low now ,which can be inimical to her health.prayer is not the solution to bring the girl back but if the president decides to see the girl as his own biological daughter ,bet me that girl will surface under 5mins.Religion is nigeria problem because it breeds hypocrisy.

31 Likes

Re: Dapchi: Leah Sharibu Reunites With Her Mother In A Dream by sarrki(m): 12:25am On May 25, 2018
I will be happy to see dreams come through

I know all mothers in the house will be happy

Even baby mama will be happy at this news

Enemies of our country won’t be

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dapchi: Leah Sharibu Reunites With Her Mother In A Dream by sarrki(m): 12:26am On May 25, 2018
rafindo:
well i dont want to be seen to inhumane to the mother but i think her sanity level is low now ,which can be inimical to her health.prayer is not the solution to bring the girl back but if the president decides to see the girl as his own biological daughter ,bet me that girl will surface under 5mins.Religion is nigeria problem because it breeds hypocrisy.

Spotted

Those people o always talk about

Oga nah curse bring go bring her back

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dapchi: Leah Sharibu Reunites With Her Mother In A Dream by Firefire(m): 12:51am On May 25, 2018
It is well...

1 Like

Re: Dapchi: Leah Sharibu Reunites With Her Mother In A Dream by docadams: 12:56am On May 25, 2018
After the first paragraph, I couldn't continue. The pains in the narrative will be too much to bear. May God grant the family its desire.

18 Likes

Re: Dapchi: Leah Sharibu Reunites With Her Mother In A Dream by Ratello: 2:39am On May 25, 2018
The agony of a mother on her promising child.

4 Likes

Re: Dapchi: Leah Sharibu Reunites With Her Mother In A Dream by ehinmowo: 5:09am On May 25, 2018
I AM SERIOUS WAITING FOR C.A.N AND OVER 100 MILLION CHRISTIANS IN NIGERIA CONCERNING THIS MATTER. ESPECIALLY AS IT RELATES TO 2019.

5 Likes

Re: Dapchi: Leah Sharibu Reunites With Her Mother In A Dream by iPopAlomo(m): 5:42am On May 25, 2018
Red dress... hugged her in the dream with a broad smile...

Let's be honest... we all know the meaning of that dream...

At least... she made it to a happy place... where there's no boko haram...

18 Likes

Re: Dapchi: Leah Sharibu Reunites With Her Mother In A Dream by BSF: 5:49am On May 25, 2018
iPopAlomo:

You are a spiritual man!

12 Likes

Re: Dapchi: Leah Sharibu Reunites With Her Mother In A Dream by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:28am On May 25, 2018
She will surely come back soon embarassed

But Federal Government are not saying anything abiut our Humanitarian colleagues abducted in Rann on March 1st?

We sincerely miss you Alice embarassed

Continue Resting Yaweh Sonter and Doctor Kachi embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Dapchi: Leah Sharibu Reunites With Her Mother In A Dream by realborn(m): 6:37am On May 25, 2018
undecided
The number 1 Christian in Nigeria is Leah Sharibu.

Majority hiding behind the faith are holders of convenience who like Peter may deny the faith if faced with an option of death.

Until popular Men of God willingly offer for Leah to be released and they take her place, they cannot claim to love the Lord more.

Leah Sharibu Way should be the most important topic in Churches to strengthen the faith. I doubt majority of preachers understand the sacrifice she made and have considered her sermon!

May Heaven reward you Leah. May you not miss eternity in Heaven. Amen!

Really hope this is not an apparition. Mama, take heart!

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dapchi: Leah Sharibu Reunites With Her Mother In A Dream by AtYourCervix: 6:54am On May 25, 2018
sarrki:

Spotted

Those people o always talk about

Oga nah curse bring go bring her back

what sort of daft thinking is this?

is curses the only alternative to praying?

was it prayers landed a man on the moon? if no, was it curses that did?

the person you quoted is advocating for empirical and practical solutions to insurgence and not advocating for curses or prayers

16 Likes

Re: Dapchi: Leah Sharibu Reunites With Her Mother In A Dream by ElsonMorali: 6:58am On May 25, 2018
Interpretation of the dream: She's gone to her Maker. At least she's a martyr.

11 Likes

Re: Dapchi: Leah Sharibu Reunites With Her Mother In A Dream by lastempero: 7:02am On May 25, 2018
God bring succour to this family.

3 Likes

Re: Dapchi: Leah Sharibu Reunites With Her Mother In A Dream by shyanaa: 7:35am On May 25, 2018
That's sad
Re: Dapchi: Leah Sharibu Reunites With Her Mother In A Dream by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:14am On May 25, 2018
I don't pray any Nairalander experience what this woman is going through

That is the handiwork of the chief bokoharam you all voted for

Surprisingly the dictator is hiding under some moniker to seek re-election cause I don't believe that any genuine Nigerian would campaign for Buhari not to talk of vote for him undecided

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapchi: Leah Sharibu Reunites With Her Mother In A Dream by saaron(m): 8:56am On May 25, 2018
The God we Christians serve through Christ will use Leah Sharibu to exposed Islamic Terrorist in high places in Nigeria!

#PrayForLeahSharibu

10 Likes

Re: Dapchi: Leah Sharibu Reunites With Her Mother In A Dream by saaron(m): 8:59am On May 25, 2018
Firefire:
It is well...
It will be well for Leah's family for they will be exceedingly blessed for Leah's sake. But it shall NEVER be well for Jihadist Terrorist in Nigeria.

12 Likes

Re: Dapchi: Leah Sharibu Reunites With Her Mother In A Dream by Firefire(m): 9:12am On May 25, 2018
saaron:
It will be well for Leah's family for they will be exceedingly blessed for Leah's sake. But it shall NEVER be well for Jihadist Terrorist in Nigeria.

Amen

3 Likes

Re: Dapchi: Leah Sharibu Reunites With Her Mother In A Dream by Paperwhite(m): 9:23am On May 25, 2018
cry cry cry cry Leah my little sister in the Lord. cry cry cry The Lord keep you wherever you are.And if it pleases Him for you to go be with Him,be encourage that we who also believe will one day be with you & the Lord.
May God grant those behind this your sad ordeal repentance in Jesus name-amen.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapchi: Leah Sharibu Reunites With Her Mother In A Dream by opeyemicollins(m): 9:39am On May 25, 2018
she should be calm.we pray to God almighty to let her child return to her in peace .i believe the government will do all they have to do to make this innocent kid return to her family member.
Re: Dapchi: Leah Sharibu Reunites With Her Mother In A Dream by PFRB: 9:40am On May 25, 2018
iPopAlomo:

It looks like she has died. She may have been killed or died of in their hands.
Re: Dapchi: Leah Sharibu Reunites With Her Mother In A Dream by czarina(f): 9:45am On May 25, 2018
Touching! cry

Check my profile if you live in Jos and environs cool
Re: Dapchi: Leah Sharibu Reunites With Her Mother In A Dream by kolafolabi(m): 9:55am On May 25, 2018
This is an expensive dream of the year... That's why it is good to read before commenting

3 Likes

Re: Dapchi: Leah Sharibu Reunites With Her Mother In A Dream by BakireBulmaker: 9:56am On May 25, 2018
Hallelujah

O it's a dream!
Re: Dapchi: Leah Sharibu Reunites With Her Mother In A Dream by Moghalu4Pres: 9:57am On May 25, 2018
We thank God.

On the other hand, kick out Buhari, install Kingsley Moghalu. 15,000 times a better candidate.
"I came to win."- Moghalu Kingsley
"Politics is too important to be left only to politicians."- Moghalu Kingsley quoting J.F. Kennedy
*Party: YPP
*Target: 20 million votes

3 Likes

Re: Dapchi: Leah Sharibu Reunites With Her Mother In A Dream by oshe11: 9:57am On May 25, 2018
Ha......

See me grinning after seeing the topic but now I just weak........

I seriously weak

2 Likes

Re: Dapchi: Leah Sharibu Reunites With Her Mother In A Dream by veacea: 9:57am On May 25, 2018
Haaaaaa
Re: Dapchi: Leah Sharibu Reunites With Her Mother In A Dream by Viking007(m): 9:57am On May 25, 2018
Seun et mynd44 don't you guys think such sensitive topics should be posted with care? You don't use a title claiming she has returned to her parents when the mother clearly stated it was a dream! Stop all this fake sensational headlines just to attract traffic. undecided

13 Likes

Re: Dapchi: Leah Sharibu Reunites With Her Mother In A Dream by Strongbest(m): 9:58am On May 25, 2018
Ohmy! Are you kidding me? Dream not reality yet. My bad, I jumped into commenting the moment I saw the heading.

What kind of post is this na? I was so happy, couldn't wait to read before expressing my joy.

Shame on those beasts......Their days are numbered.

www.nairaland.com/1798724/

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sowore's Highest Qualification Is WAEC According To INEC List / Remove ‘Obidients’, Nigerians Will Be Faced With Tyranny – Shehu Sani / Musiliu Obanikoro Calls For The Resignation Of Prof. Jega

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.