Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Death Penalty For Corruption - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Death Penalty For Corruption (817 Views)

Appeal Court Gives CCT Go Ahead To Try Saraki For Corruption / North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption / Death Penalty For Exam Malpractices In Nigeria? - Satire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Death Penalty For Corruption by ayo84(m): 10:47am On May 27, 2010
if they pass a law that will authorize the government to execute corrupt persons, expect 3/4 of our politicians to meet thier creator,cos corruption is a way of life in this country
Re: Death Penalty For Corruption by Amitex(m): 12:05pm On May 27, 2010
All, please view the list of EFCC high profile cases at "http://efccnigeria.org/index.php?Option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=9&Itemid=72". Then you would realise that corruption is a National issue. LET THE DEATH PENALTY BE SUPPORTED BY ALL NIGERIANS PLS. This is what is helping China & Japan today. "You steal (live above your means), then you should commit suicide. PERIOD!"
Re: Death Penalty For Corruption by ayo84(m): 12:40pm On May 27, 2010
hehehe, commit suicide ,for naija,
when even nigerian muslims no fit do suicide bombing,povert dey worry everybody,everybody wan chop their own
Re: Death Penalty For Corruption by SLIGHT(m): 1:08pm On May 27, 2010
It should be life sentence for the kleptomaniac politicians, death penalty is too cheap, life sentence lets them live misery so that they have a taste of what they subjected the poor masses when they were on their stealing prowl
Re: Death Penalty For Corruption by sizzlers(m): 1:19pm On May 27, 2010
that will be good but based on the status quo in 9ja that can not happen
Re: Death Penalty For Corruption by sizzlers(m): 1:56pm On May 27, 2010
that will be good
Re: Death Penalty For Corruption by Spyker: 3:32pm On May 27, 2010
I think if you investigate the EFCC, the Police, the Army, the Air force, you will be shocked at the high profile corruption going on in there. Who will investigate this persons. I think the approach towards corruption in Nigeria should be changed. The Elites have hijacked the country, hence the best one can do is to banish them from the country for like 50years ans see whether their stolen wealth will not be squandered within fews years.
Re: Death Penalty For Corruption by jensinmi(m): 4:05pm On May 27, 2010
I'll repeat a post I just made yesterday about something similar.

mmm, Been thinking about something.

If High treason is defined by some as criminal disloyalty to one's country or people and requires that the individual have obligations of loyalty, then why is it not possible to pass a law that enables anyone who embezzles public funds to be charged with High treason or at least treason. Cause when you think of it, embezzling public funds intended for health, educational, and infrastructural purposes is the highest form of disloyalty to one's nation and people. And by taking an oath of office or being appointed to such means that the individual has "obligations of loyalty" while in that office.

Just my two cents.

BTW High treason carries a penalty of Death in most places.
Re: Death Penalty For Corruption by Cohomology: 4:12pm On May 27, 2010
Though I hate corruption, I hate the death penalty more. In lawless Nigeria, such a law will be used to eliminate political opponents. Senseless!
Re: Death Penalty For Corruption by EzeUche(m): 4:16pm On May 27, 2010
I support this motion!
Re: Death Penalty For Corruption by chidichris(m): 6:10pm On May 27, 2010
the truth is that if the death sentence issue is passed here in nigeria, it means cameroun and benin republic will inherit our lands and properties.
every nigerian is corrupt and that means we will all die.
i think the best thing will be for us to include corruption in our constitution so that if u are not corrupt, u will be guilty while those of us who are corrupt will be innocent.
if we do it like that, nobody will run away with our money and nobdy will seek aslyum. no one will accuse anyone and we will not have pretenders like ribadu and el rufai. everybody will be either ibori or obasanjo and we will all enjoy.
and we will just change our name to corruption instead of nigeria.
we will open our boarders to foreign criminals and those of us who are not corrupt will go and see corruption asylum in some other countries.
Re: Death Penalty For Corruption by ajalio(f): 6:52pm On May 27, 2010
Inadequate, fallible and imperfect humans should have the possibility by law
to execute other humans? shocked

What a creepy thought.
Re: Death Penalty For Corruption by Nobody: 9:43am On May 28, 2010
I get your point, ironically it is because of corruption, that death penalty for corruption would not work properly.
It may only start working once we have acheived a truely non- corrupt government like that of Gen Buhari's in 1984.

Cohomology:

Though I hate corruption, I hate the death penalty more. In lawless Nigeria, such a law will be used to eliminate political opponents. Senseless!

Re: Death Penalty For Corruption by Afam(m): 10:32am On May 28, 2010
Amitex:

All, please view the list of EFCC high profile cases at "http://efccnigeria.org/index.php?Option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=9&Itemid=72". Then you would realise that corruption is a National issue. LET THE DEATH PENALTY BE SUPPORTED BY ALL NIGERIANS PLS. This is what is helping China & Japan today. "You steal (live above your means), then you should commit suicide. PERIOD!"

The webpage goes to show the problem with some agencies. What will it take to pay a programmer to develop a web application solely for the EFCC based on their requirements and features?

See how the list is displayed because someone is using a free content management system for the official website of an anti corruption agency.

This "one size fits all" attitude has got to stop.
Re: Death Penalty For Corruption by ayo84(m): 10:36am On May 28, 2010
it's not just in government , even in the private sector, funny if they pass a death penalty for corruption, we'll wiping over half of our population, the streets of abuja will be filled with dead bodies.
Re: Death Penalty For Corruption by Arogunmasa(m): 11:55am On May 28, 2010
first and foremost corruption as being institutionalised in nigeria. i support this idea of death sentence for offenders. believe me we all be better off if can keep corruption to the barest minimum.

(1) (Reply)

Lautech Fires 40 Employees For Forgery / MEND strike in Abuja in pictures-one reason GEJ should not be voted for / Two S.E. PDP Politicians Fight In Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.