Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,183 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption (10810 Views)

Appeal Court Gives CCT Go Ahead To Try Saraki For Corruption / Dickson Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers In Bayelsa / Death Penalty For Exam Malpractices In Nigeria? - Satire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by Kunlebabs375: 8:52am On Nov 14, 2012
Ahead of Thursday’s zonal constitutional conferences, foremost northern political group, the Arewa Consultative Forum, has recommended capital punishment for corruption.

At present, China is the only notable country where corruption attracts capital punishment.

In its proposal submitted to the National Assembly, a copy of which was obtained by one our correspondents in Kaduna on Tuesday, the ACF rued the destructive impact of corruption on the country and said that anybody found guilty of corruption should be killed.

The forum said, “The law classifies crimes according to the severity of their consequences both on the individual victim, the community or the country. If crime holds a high potential to gravely harm or kill its victim, the more severe the punishment, which was designed to punish and deter offenders.

“This is to say that punishment must always fit offences. One crime that has proved capable of gravely harming or killing its victim, Nigeria, is corruption.

http://www.punchng.com/news/north-demands-death-penalty-for-corruption/

4 Likes

Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by k2039: 8:59am On Nov 14, 2012
Capital punishment for corruption.

I laugh in yoruba,who are this people decieving.

Frankly,it will never become a law,because the people who will enact it are also corrupt.

Nigerians should not be gullible to believe this will work.This is just another ranting.

[img]http://emily.nu/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/rant-alert1.jpg[/img]

10 Likes

Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by bigx(m): 9:00am On Nov 14, 2012
Most sensible post this morning, I support o!!

2 Likes

Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by megxo(m): 9:00am On Nov 14, 2012
start by killin Atiku, den Babangida, den Buhari, n so on...........

10 Likes

Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by cashmentor(m): 9:01am On Nov 14, 2012
That means all the Northern Gov. Both past and Present and even future govs will/should be killed

7 Likes

Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by obowunmi(m): 9:01am On Nov 14, 2012
Let's start with Northerners (Babangida, Atiku, and co) and Boko Horam sponsors.

2 Likes

Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by Redmosquito(m): 9:02am On Nov 14, 2012
Minion: My King! The North wants death sentence for corrupt officials
Hades: Huh! They want to kill their governors already?!
Minion: shocked

10 Likes

Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by ePUNK: 9:04am On Nov 14, 2012
shocked shocked shocked Ohh Nooooo...that means I will soon be killed

1 Like

Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by ektbear: 9:05am On Nov 14, 2012
At the federal level, sure.

But at the state level, this should be left to the people of each state to decide.

Btw, since almost everyone in nigerian politics is corrupt...if not done properly this can be used selectively to have enemies executed
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by tbaba1234: 9:06am On Nov 14, 2012
They still have to get convicted, don't they?

As long as we can not convict public officials for corruption. This would just be another law for the law students only...

6 Likes

Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by Ariyke: 9:07am On Nov 14, 2012
ePUNK: shocked shocked shocked Ohh Nooooo...that means I will soon be killed
Yes if u are one of em
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 14, 2012
megxo: start by killin Atiku, den Babangida, den Buhari, n so on...........
obowunmi: Let's start with Northerners (Babangida, Atiku, and co) and Boko Horam sponsors.
cashmentor: That means all the Northern Gov. Both past and Present and even future govs will/should be killed
Be healed of your infirmities..
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by anintia(m): 9:08am On Nov 14, 2012
What is their problem
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by Super1759: 9:10am On Nov 14, 2012
why are northern folks so much in love with KILLING and DEATH

3 Likes

Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by Khayordhe: 9:12am On Nov 14, 2012
Am in support of dat
[size=28pt]make dem behead any politician found guilty[/size]

1 Like

Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by obowunmi(m): 9:13am On Nov 14, 2012
Super1759: why do northern folks so much in love with KILLING and DEATH

Isn't it obvious: Sharia? Boko Horam? Bombs?
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by PehaKaso: 9:18am On Nov 14, 2012
PROF CORRUPTION, run 4 ur life ooo!!! North wants 2 add u 2 d list of Boko Haram victims cheesy

1 Like

Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by ayobase(m): 9:18am On Nov 14, 2012
feasible or not, Im claiming Sokoto state as my state of Origin today!
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by tunapawizzy: 9:18am On Nov 14, 2012
Super1759: why do northern folks so much in love with KILLING and DEATH

because they are animals
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 14, 2012
Death penalty for corruption... Nah, not the answer. Those northerners forgot to tell us that China is still a massively corrupt and unequal nation despite executing over 2,000 people last year.

What we need is to institute preventive measures and build strong institutions. How strong are our institutions? Have we created the enabling environment for genuine enterprise to thrive? Have we stopped the archaic practice of sharing "oyel" money every month? Have we begun to work on our value system and our mindsets as Nigerians? Have we begun to emphasise creativity over indolence and merit over nepotism? Have we begun to work on creating a culture that will make it possible for smart, intelligent, creative and honest people to thrive?

Until we begin to deal with societal problems from the source (rather than looking for quick fixes), we ain't going nowhere.

3 Likes

Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 14, 2012
ekt_bear: At the federal level, sure.

But at the state level, this should be left to the people of each state to decide.

Btw, since almost everyone in nigerian politics is corrupt...if not done properly this can be used selectively to have enemies executed

This is the reason YORUBAs are the worst snakes in Nigeria. Its not just Ekt_bear, A guy in my office said he doesnt care if a Politician steals as fa as he is a YORUBA man. This Ethnic is actually the mentor and perpetrator of corruption in Nigeria. Spit on you ppl SMH

3 Likes

Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by omenziate(m): 9:23am On Nov 14, 2012
These jokers again, yesterday was Settler- Indigene ish, now is capital punishment. What we need from Arewa is to tell their brothers in arms to sheath their swords, they have killed more Nigerians than Malaria and cancer combined dis year alone. Abeg, make I go drink Alomo jare.
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by Akanbiedu(m): 9:26am On Nov 14, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

This is the reason YORUBAs are the worst snakes in Nigeria. Its not just Ekt_bear, A guy in my office said he doesnt care if a Politician steals as fa as he is a YORUBA man. This Ethnic is actually the mentor and perpetrator of corruption in Nigeria. Spit on you ppl SMH

You will just die for nothing.

3 Likes

Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by chakula: 9:29am On Nov 14, 2012
tunapawizzy:

because they are animals

And I can see no different between you and the them.

1 Like

Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by chakula: 9:35am On Nov 14, 2012
omenziate: These jokers again, yesterday was Settler- Indigene ish, now is capital punishment. What we need from Arewa is to tell their brothers in arms to sheath their swords, they have killed more Nigerians than Malaria and cancer combined dis year alone. Abeg, make I go drink Alomo jare.

I am not suprise reading this trash from you more than this I trust you you can write, please when would you exhibit the habit of doing things positively without displaying hatred and sentiment?
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by Lero15(m): 9:39am On Nov 14, 2012
dat wd b law on paper, not wit action
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by Friedrich080(m): 9:40am On Nov 14, 2012
Dn Nigeria wil b good country but not dz life sha...killing dm no b solution cause corruption runs in every Nigerian citizen....copy dat...

1 Like

Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by chucky234(m): 9:40am On Nov 14, 2012
Funny thought from funny people,death penalty my foot.
Death penalty that will drag on for years in court while the accused frolic round the country in private jet,who are they deceiving,idi:ots.
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by hydoo(m): 9:42am On Nov 14, 2012
megxo: start by killin Atiku, den Babangida, den Buhari, n so on...........
I(d)iot call obj,cal southernan nd jonathan d most corrupted presido
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by Localamos(m): 9:45am On Nov 14, 2012
Ariyke: Yes if u are one of em

Aren't we all? Tell me you've never cheated at a test/exam before...
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by Ess: 9:54am On Nov 14, 2012
Nairalanders are the biggest ethnic fools you can ever find on earth. We all collectively wanted this act to happen (even the Jerry Rawling's execution style) but just because it is now coming from Arewa, every a.s.s wipe is ranting.

9 Likes

Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by highlandre(m): 9:55am On Nov 14, 2012
This is the best antidote for our system. If China is an economically strong nation today, it should be noted that this law is largely responsible.

Nigerians, just like other Africans, need a tougher punitive measure to get things right.

I completely vote for this!!!

God bless Nigeria!!!

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ladipo Traders On Rampage / Obasanjo Not Yet A Member Of Our Party Despite Endorsing Atiku– PDP / See Igbo Professor Who Rejected Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment, Worth $13bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.