Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,912 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) (63286 Views)

Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard / Best Man Chased Out Of Wedding Ceremony At RCCG Aba For Having Full Beard / Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by M0ron: 8:52pm On May 27, 2018
Kingspin:
But there is no scriptural or physical harm in the banning. In any society law and order cannot be over or underrated. It bring decorum into an organization. Remember that the long beard is to be ban within RCCG/member so, it is not binding on everybody. As a member if am to attend service I cut my beards but if not I carry my beards as usual to any other place I choose to; so there is nothing wrong here.

There is harm in inventing rules that have no scriptural basis,and making them binding on members. Yes it’s true nobody is forced to be RCCG member,but RCCG being a bible believing entity ought to,as much as possible, base their doctrines and rules on scriptures. When they don’t, one is left wondering just how much they esteem the Word of God

1 Like

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Encyclopedia1: 8:53pm On May 27, 2018
uboma:

Your low IQ is legendary.

look up Taliban beard on Google and learn, learn and learn.

Knowledge is always within our reach but many like you fail to grasp it.

Mr. Google, so u are among those who believe Taliban beard is a correct phrase. Poor u. I pity where the whites will get u to. No time for dick head. Geraraia
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Encyclopedia1: 8:55pm On May 27, 2018
uboma:

That command was made to a certain tribe in Israel.

You are not under that command.

So please stop trying to sound righteous.....

If that is the case, who are those Jesus was sent to? Lost sheep's of Israel or Nigeria? U must be a dumb.
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Emiron(m): 9:09pm On May 27, 2018
COUNTINUE UR EMISSION
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by hikmojj(m): 9:43pm On May 27, 2018
I don't understand o! Do we read the same bible?

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by skales67(m): 9:14am On May 28, 2018
Jemi7:

Are we not meant to be like Jesus? Define Christianity

And how did you know that Jesus actually sported beards? Is it because of the picture that you see which depicts him like that? It could be the other way round you know
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Jemi7: 9:17am On May 28, 2018
skales67:

And how did you know that Jesus actually sported beards? Is it because of the picture that you see which depicts him like that? It could be the other way round you know

Are you convinced in your heart that Jesus didn't carry beards?
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by skales67(m): 9:26am On May 28, 2018
Jemi7:

Are you convinced in your heart that Jesus didn't carry beards?

And are you convinced in your heart that he did? And talking about your statement about being like Jesus, why are you not wearing Jewish robes instead of a trouser and shirts?
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Jemi7: 10:05am On May 28, 2018
skales67:

And are you convinced in your heart that he did? And talking about your statement about being like Jesus, why are you not wearing Jewish robes instead of a trouser and shirts?

Glad you mentioned him being Jewish, Living a Christ like life is different from living his acclaimed tradition and yes I am convinced that he had beards on his face

We are going too far, What do you have to say about Leviticus 19:27?
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Cannawoo(m): 10:11am On May 28, 2018
[quote author=Livefreeordieha post=67920335]arrant nonsense!!!!! Now u listen attentively...As a matter of sincerity this and many other ludicrous comments from that church only signifies that the church is in a world and category of its own..Not conforming with the doctrines and teachings of God/Jesus.

If you can quote the Bible verse which forbids long beards i will 4eva be grateful and apologize to u for my ignorance other than this i suggest u apologize for defending rubbish and ridiculous imposition..

U see churches and political parties in Nigeria have the same modus operandi...They manipulate to control systematically and make their followers /sheeples hooked on them like narcotics..

If u knowit's never too early or too late to smoke weed then u know,and then u willl be free!I don know tey tey... Religion is just another form of psychological manipulation
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Cannawoo(m): 10:16am On May 28, 2018
[quote author=uboma post=67920721]

That command was made to a certain tribe in Israel.

You are not under that command.

So please stop trying to sound righteous.....

You see your hypocrisy.. Yet you support tithes.. Is it not just another law given to a certain people at a certain period, dat verse was just to ascertain the fact that every Jewish man (Jesus inclusive) grew beards
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Cannawoo(m): 10:19am On May 28, 2018
Vacora:
Compare “ He has a beard “ with “ He has beards ”

Stop the ‘beards’ nonsense on Nairaland. Annoying as f*%# angry

Don't be pained.. It's either your face is as smooth as egg or you can't grow proper connecting beards
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Cannawoo(m): 10:23am On May 28, 2018
kolawoleibukun2:
haha olodo way no no how to punctuate
Hin dey try compose formal letter

1 Like

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Cannawoo(m): 10:35am On May 28, 2018
[quote author=chrischukszy01 post=67923650]Even Aron's beard which I know was the longest! The bible never condemned it, why all dis penticoatal churches won change everything...most pastors I have come across are blessed with bared hairs and no beards, maybe dem dey envy youths![/quot

Weyrey re ooo....but na true you yarn sha

1 Like

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Cannawoo(m): 10:39am On May 28, 2018
tsmat:

pls enlighten us abeg is there a beard type that is for Taliban abi its simply because its not well trimmed?

The Bible warned us against man made doctrines......
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Vacora(m): 11:20am On May 28, 2018
Cannawoo:

Don't be pained.. It's either your face is as smooth as egg or you can't grow proper connecting beards

‘Beards’ na sign of accomplishment for your household abi? Bye Felicia.
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Vacora(m): 11:27am On May 28, 2018
Cannawoo:

And my opinion absolutely tickled your ovaries that you had to garner enough strength to type something you consider humorous? Who’s the bigger beyotch now? You!! grin
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Aaronsrod: 12:32pm On May 28, 2018
kolawoleibukun2:
well, I am tired of all these beard gangs abeg. they should ban it at all at all.

before real men day shave clean and look responsible. now we no know who be terrorist and who be christian again

Papa Adeboye speaks true!

All bearded men must b put to death!

Gods Laws must prevail!!
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by kolawoleibukun2: 12:50pm On May 28, 2018
I did not say that bearded men must be put to death. But No one will employ a bearded man into any secular position.
Aaronsrod:

Papa Adeboye speaks true!

All bearded men must b put to death!

Gods Laws must prevail!!
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Aaronsrod: 1:03pm On May 28, 2018
Alajiki:

Blah blah blah. And I guess Jesus was a Taliban too? Because the last time I checked his portrait, he wore a long, tick beard. You guys are confused.
Lies from the Pit of Hell!! You have no evidence for this.

Jesus never had Taliban beard!

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Aaronsrod: 1:16pm On May 28, 2018
kolawoleibukun2:
I did not say that bearded men must be put to death. But No one will employ a bearded man into any secular position.

Then it is better they die and so remove all suspicion of their jihadi intentions.
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by skales67(m): 2:27pm On May 28, 2018
Jemi7:

Glad you mentioned him being Jewish, Living a Christ like life is different from living his acclaimed tradition and yes I am convinced that he had beards on his face

We are going too far, What do you have to say about Leviticus 19:27?

Lmao! Please refer to Mark 2:23-28 and Luke 13:10-17

The law of the Sabbath was one of the most stringent and strict laws that should never be broken in the Laws of Moses. But according to those two scriptures i cited, it was very clear that Jesus "broke" (or did not pay attention to the "sanctity" of those laws). Those two I gave as examples are just 2 out of over 13.

If Jesus did not adhere to the laws of the Sabbath, is it a mere law of "keeping beards" that he would have probably upheld?

Forget say we dey Nairaland o... let's not tow that path of citing scriptures because I go knock you hands down for that area o. cheesy cheesy
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Jemi7: 3:36pm On May 28, 2018
skales67:

Lmao! Please refer to Mark 2:23-28 and Luke 13:10-17

The law of the Sabbath was one of the most stringent and strict laws that should never be broken in the Laws of Moses. But according to those two scriptures i cited, it was very clear that Jesus "broke" (or did not pay attention to the "sanctity" of those laws). Those two I gave as examples are just 2 out of over 13.

If Jesus did not adhere to the laws of the Sabbath, is it a mere law of "keeping beards" that he would have probably upheld?

Forget say we dey Nairaland o... let's not tow that path of citing scriptures because I go knock you hands down for that area o. cheesy cheesy

I no be even strong Christian, so I no go even attempt to argue that one. One question, so can we Draw tattoos on our bodies? Because right after the beard law comes that of tattoos, so if we are disregarding the beard law, can we also disregard the tattoo law also and draw tattoos on our skin? Or is it that we just like picking scriptures that suit our narrative
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by skales67(m): 4:59pm On May 28, 2018
Jemi7:

I no be even strong Christian, so I no go even attempt to argue that one. One question, so can we Draw tattoos on our bodies? Because right after the beard law comes that of tattoos, so if we are disregarding the beard law, can we also disregard the tattoo law also and draw tattoos on our skin? Or is it that we just like picking scriptures that suit our narrative

I personally do not have any thing against body art but I feel when done to the extreme, it becomes a problem. Tattoos to me should follow the usual law of "Keep it simple". As long as it is done in moderation, it should not be a problem but when done in extremity, it begins to look abnormal.

Secondly, one has to take consideration about societal values norms and ethos in any given geographical area he/she lives in. What are the conforms of such an environment based on the religion and culture of where you are and how do you play by the "rules" and orders as a member of such society? This is Nigeria where religion seems to have a major role in defining an individual from his/her ambience and characters of a person and this means that wearing a tattoo in Nigeria automatically makes you out of order. You will be seen by default as an unruly and irresponsible fellow by elderly people, a felon and criminal by the law enforcement and a sinner and unbeliever by the religious. Why? Because body art is not part of our culture and is not yet widely accepted here unlike the America and Europe which have more liberal society.

So you see where the problem lies...think of you as a Nigerian looking for employment and you go for an interview and have a visible ink work on your hands and neck, the chances of you clinching a job is close to NIL unlike the United States where no one will pay attention to your tattoo but your qualifications.
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Jemi7: 5:05pm On May 28, 2018
skales67:

I personally do not have any thing against body art but I feel when done to the extreme, it becomes a problem. Tattoos to me should follow the usual law of "Keep it simple". As long as it is done in moderation, it should not be a problem but when done in extremity, it begins to look abnormal.

Secondly, one has to take consideration about societal values norms and ethos in any given geographical area he/she lives in. What are the conforms of such an environment based on the religion and culture of where you are and how do you play by the "rules" and orders as a member of such society? This is Nigeria where religion seems to have a major role in defining an individual from his/her ambience and characters of a person and this means that wearing a tattoo in Nigeria automatically makes you out of order. You will be seen by default as an unruly and irresponsible fellow by elderly people, a felon and criminal by the law enforcement and a sinner and unbeliever by the religious. Why? Because body art is not part of our culture and is not yet widely accepted here unlike the America and Europe which have more liberal society.

So you see where the problem lies...think of you as a Nigerian looking for employment and you go for an interview and have a visible ink work on your hands and neck, the chances of you clinching a job is close to NIL unlike the United States where no one will pay attention to your tattoo but your qualifications.

Hmmm, Interesting, finally, what is your take on beards
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Kingspin(m): 5:07pm On May 28, 2018
M0ron:

There is harm in inventing rules that have no scriptural basis,and making them binding on members. Yes it’s true nobody is forced to be RCCG member,but RCCG being a bible believing entity ought to,as much as possible, base their doctrines and rules on scriptures. When they don’t, one is left wondering just how much they esteem the Word of God
Have RCCG offended GOD? No, I don't think.
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by skales67(m): 5:36pm On May 28, 2018
Jemi7:

Hmmm, Interesting, finally, what is your take on beards

Like i said before, it has to do with ambience and what you are comfortable with. If you think beards fits you, then sport it but sport it responsibly and cleanly. I see some guys in an attempt to do the "beard gang" thing and leave their beards so unkempt and even discoloured making them look like semi-mad men. Beards need time and grooming to look nice with the use of some oils etc.

But coming back to society, we still have a situation where it will be frowned at just as RCCG has flagged it down as a "NO" for grooms. Ordinarilly, that tells you as a male member of RCCG that big beards is an outlaw whether you are an intending groom or not. It is now left for you to chose as an individual your affinity to beards or your obligation as a member of the church.

Secondly, in some formal organisations, it could be frowned at. I am yet to see a male banker in any Nigerian bank sporting a taliban beard-gang style beard.

If i personally had a company of my own, i wouldn't see it appropriate if any of my formal workers who are the face and image of my company go on taliban beard.
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Jemi7: 7:02pm On May 28, 2018
skales67:

Like i said before, it has to do with ambience and what you are comfortable with. If you think beards fits you, then sport it but sport it responsibly and cleanly. I see some guys in an attempt to do the "beard gang" thing and leave their beards so unkempt and even discoloured making them look like semi-mad men. Beards need time and grooming to look nice with the use of some oils etc.

But coming back to society, we still have a situation where it will be frowned at just as RCCG has flagged it down as a "NO" for grooms. Ordinarilly, that tells you as a male member of RCCG that big beards is an outlaw whether you are an intending groom or not. It is now left for you to chose as an individual your affinity to beards or your obligation as a member of the church.

Secondly, in some formal organisations, it could be frowned at. I am yet to see a male banker in any Nigerian bank sporting a taliban beard-gang style beard.

If i personally had a company of my own, i wouldn't see it appropriate if any of my formal workers who are the face and image of my company go on taliban beard.

Why do you think beards is being frowned at? Or rather, why would you deem it inappropriate if any of your formal workers had beards or should I say, Taliban beards. Does having "beards" connote to something bad, evil or irresponsible? Given that the Bible doesn't condemn it to start with, why and where did we as Africans most especially develop this mindset or mentality from? I know it is a matter of choice. But this is not something we were taught, Schools, Bible etc You hear people make statements like "Why do you have a full hair, don't you know it's for thieves". and you are forced to wonder when hair patterns were invented by thieves. It is this same attitude we as Africans give to people with Kept or unkempt beards, Full Taliban beards or Low beards.

I guess my question is, Why is "Beards" frowned at at all without Concrete backing, without Good reasons, and I dare say without Biblical reasons because as we all know, the Bible didn't in any verse condemn it when speaking about it, So where are we getting our Dislike, hate for beards from? Where can we point to and say, this is the reason you shouldn't keep beards, this is the reason why keeping beards makes you informal?

1 Like

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Alajiki(m): 8:10pm On May 28, 2018
Aaronsrod:

Lies from the Pit of Hell!! You have no evidence for this.

Jesus never had Taliban beard!

There are a thousand and one versions of Jesus. That is yours. Below is mine. If you want a Jesus with a longer beard, e dey o. You just ask for it.

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Aaronsrod: 8:39pm On May 28, 2018
Alajiki:

There are a thousand and one versions of Jesus. That is yours. Below is mine. If you want a Jesus with a longer beard, e dey o. You just ask for it.
More Lies.

Our Lord and Saviour.

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Alajiki(m): 8:59pm On May 28, 2018
Aaronsrod:

More Lies.

Our Lord and Saviour.

Here's another version of your Lord and saviour. E plenty for here grin

Modified I'll henceforth dish it it out in double.

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by skales67(m): 9:16pm On May 28, 2018
Jemi7:

Why do you think beards is being frowned at? Or rather, why would you deem it inappropriate if any of your formal workers had beards or should I say, Taliban beards. Does having "beards" connote to something bad, evil or irresponsible? Given that the Bible doesn't condemn it to start with, why and where did we as Africans most especially develop this mindset or mentality from? I know it is a matter of choice. But this is not something we were taught, Schools, Bible etc You hear people make statements like "Why do you have a full hair, don't you know it's for thieves". and you are forced to wonder when hair patterns were invented by thieves. It is this same attitude we as Africans give to people with Kept or unkempt beards, Full Taliban beards or Low beards.

I guess my question is, Why is "Beards" frowned at at all without Concrete backing, without Good reasons, and I dare say without Biblical reasons because as we all know, the Bible didn't in any verse condemn it when speaking about it, So where are we getting our Dislike, hate for beards from? Where can we point to and say, this is the reason you shouldn't keep beards, this is the reason why
keeping beards makes you informal?

Like I said earlier, different strokes for different folks. People label people for different reasons because of cultural differences and norms.

Personally, I don't hate full beards. But I am looking at a scenario where people who will do business with me or my formal establishment will see a Taliban-bearded man and start getting the wrong ideas. It's not about hate but about tightening loose ends.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Video Of Collapsed Reigners Bible Church Building In Uyo (Graphic Content) / Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David / Hilda Baci: Your Dressing Shows It's Not Just Food You’re Selling – Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.