Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,986 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard (47519 Views)

Jehovah Witnesses Can Now Donate And Receive Blood Transfusion / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by MaobiCarl(f): 11:21am On Dec 16, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-T5ix4smik?si=qIQeaoqFi3Nib844

So after many decades of demonising, ostracising and sometimes disfellowshiping male members who opt to wear or keep their God given natural beards. The leaders of the Jehovah's Witnesses sect has approved responsible male brothers to wear and keep beards if they choose in a recent update aired on jw broadcast dated December 15,2023.

On this update nos 8 they've agreed that is non scriptural to instruct Christians on how to look outwardly uniformly. They now accept that spirituality is the basis of Christianity not outward appearances or trying to appear or sound different from other competing religious organisations .

There's high and mixed emotions amongst the members now. Many are disappointed while few who has been scorned by elders and congregation leaders for trying to leave there beards to grow may be the only ones excited.

But personally they( Governing Body) needs to apologise to there members for trying to make them look like a cult. Cus is only a cult that that enforce a dress pattern or grooming for members from varying cultures and backgrounds all around the world

Source :https://www.jw.org/en/news/region/global/2023-Governing-Body-Update-8/

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Dreal1247: 11:23am On Dec 16, 2023
Freedom from mental slavery.

123 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by victorclean(f): 11:28am On Dec 16, 2023
Ohhh my God. They are coming out gradually from primitive ideology

126 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Passionnn: 12:08pm On Dec 16, 2023
Stop broadcasting falsehood.
I know a number of witnesses, even elders who give talks at assemblies who grow beards, even goatees. Stop the hate broadcast

55 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Courz: 12:22pm On Dec 16, 2023
MaobiCarl:
So after many decades of demonising, ostracising and sometimes disfellowshiping male members who opt to wear or keep their God given natural beards. The leaders of the Jehovah's Witnesses sect has approved responsible male brothers to wear and keep beards if they choose in a recent update aired on jw broadcast dated December 15,2023.

On this update nos 8 they've agreed that is non scriptural to instruct Christians on how to look outwardly uniformly. They now accept that spirituality is the basis of Christianity not outward appearances or trying to appear or sound different from other competing religious organisations .

There's high and mixed emotions amongst the members now. Many are disappointed while few who has been scorned by elders and congregation leaders for trying to leave there beards to grow may be the only ones excited.

But personally they( Governing Body) needs to apologise to there members for trying to make them look like a cult. Cus is only a cult that that enforce a dress pattern or grooming for members from varying cultures and backgrounds all around the world

The Governing body will never apologise for their mistakes. JW leaders are Narcissists. Owning up to their errors is not in their dictionary because it destroys their credibility.They still want to be viewed as God's spokesmen even though one of them admitted in Court that they are not the only spokesmen for God.

This rule they just abolished is a sign of something bad happening in the background unknown to JWs but known to ExJWs.They are desperate.They are facing problems they are hiding from JWs. They are also losing lots of Members selling Kingdom halls, Assembly halls and Bethel branches. They desperately need to retain members.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Afamsi: 12:23pm On Dec 16, 2023
They are not Jehovah Witnesses, they are devils witnesses. Flee from them if you ever want to make heaven. People that do not believe in Trinity and are making God a liar

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Courz: 12:27pm On Dec 16, 2023
Passionnn:
I know a number of witnesses, even elders who give talks at assemblies who grow beards, even goatees. Stop the hate broadcast

What country have you seen this? There are very few instances where a congregation allows Beards but in very few countries.The General rule is as a JW Male, you aren't allowed to Keep Beards and be an Elder or ministerial servant. You can't give talks as well. I have heard this rule does not apply in very few locations but in the majority of the rest of the world, keeping Beards are forbidden. Even in Nigeria, it is strictly forbidden. You will never see a JW MALE with Beards here and even if JWs see another with beard, they don't hesitate to tell him to shave it immediately. This is why this change of this rule has many reactions.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by MaobiCarl(f): 12:30pm On Dec 16, 2023
Passionnn:
So according to the video, why was it necessary for branches to write to GB as beard wearing was becoming an obstacle in various local congregation that nessitated the need for GB to readdress a policy on shaving beards if there wasn't any policy at all against growing beards? Why was this jw broadcast yesterday necessary

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:01pm On Dec 16, 2023
MaobiCarl:

So according to the video, why was it necessary for branches to write to GB as beard wearing was becoming an obstacle in various local congregation that nessitated the need for GB to readdress a policy on shaving beards if there wasn't any policy at all against growing beards? Why was this jw broadcast yesterday necessary

It's due to Western culture!
Most of our brothers look up to the appearance of brothers living in our bethel homes and members of the Governing Body that they don't wear beards, this is because for some decades wearing beards has been view as indecent in the Western culture while the East takes it as a crime for men to shave their beards.
Brothers in the Eastern world like Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq and other Arab countries finds it difficult to walk freely in their communities so letters keep rolling in on this matter that's why the Governing Body have to address it.
Now Kalid in Iran can walk freely in his area without being ostracized as an infidel while i and other JWs throughout the world still view him as a responsible brother in our spiritual family.

May you have PEACE! smiley

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by OgaNightmare(m): 1:06pm On Dec 16, 2023
MaobiCarl:

Very stupid group of people

I'm happy am no longer controlled by this buffoons. Who know what's next on their hit list?🤣🤣🤣🤣

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by oteneaaron(m): 1:32pm On Dec 16, 2023
What a freaking joke of a religion.

I still remember the last time an Elder tried to shame me for keep beards.

I simply asked him to show me where in the Bible it was specifically stated that I shouldn't keep beards.

Of course, he couldn't answer.

This is exactly why Jehovah's Witnesses are a CULT.

As a full grown man, if the only time you can keep beards is when your religious leaders instruct you to, then you are in a CULT.

Jehovah's Witnesses are a dangerous CULT.

See what the leaders of this CULT said:

"All of us MUST be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not." Watchtower 2013 Nov 15 p.20

Too many flip flop doctrines!

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by MaobiCarl(f): 2:51pm On Dec 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

It's due to Western culture!
Most of our brothers look up to the appearance of brothers living in our bethel homes and members of the Governing Body that they don't wear beards, this is because for some decades wearing beards has been view as indecent in the Western culture while the East takes it as a crime for men to shave their beards.
Brothers in the Eastern world like Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq and other Arab countries finds it difficult to walk freely in their communities so letters keep rolling in on this matter that's why the Governing Body have to address it.
Now Kalid in Iran can walk freely in his area without being ostracized as an infidel while i and other JWs throughout the world still view him as a responsible brother in our spiritual family.

May you have PEACE! smiley

Stop lying to yourself bro. Jws don't grow beards because of jw policy on dressing since late 50's. Beards are worn by rebels and people who doesn't serve jehovah and it makes someone looks dirty... This has always been the stance of GB.
You allow your beards to grow or trim it and come to meetings, elder's will ask you wait after the meeting.
They will ask you questions llke.. Are you sure you're one of us? You look so unkept? Many embarrassing questions.... No one is looking up to any bethelite.
I personally don't know anyone who's a bethelite as a jw

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Courz: 2:59pm On Dec 16, 2023
They even sent Elders letter below to play the Broadcast about this Beard rule. They are even dictating to JWs how they should feel about this change. They always want to control how you feel. They want to control your emotions. Is that normal? Typical Cult! Don't argue. Don't say I was right all along. Just shut up and obey. They know they will get some backlash. Some oversabi JWs will be very offended especially as they have bullied and terrorised other JWs on this issue. Elders have refused to appoint some male JWs based on this issue. They are now telling JWs how they should feel about it and quoted 1 Corinthians 1 Vs 10 But when you read verses 11 down, it talks about people being followers of Men instead of Jesus causing divisions and these same Governing body have done that by creating divisions with this Beard rule therefore making JWs followers of Men. Is that not why they keep getting letters from JWs questioning this No Beard rule? It is really sad how mere humans are controlling people like this. This serves as a lesson to JWs to stop following doctrines of Men. They don't follow God. I hope they are ready for more changes to come to prove that they have been followers of Men.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Courz: 3:07pm On Dec 16, 2023
MaobiCarl:

Stop lying to yourself bro. Jws don't grow beards because of jw policy on dressing since late 50's. Beards are worn by rebels and people who doesn't serve jehovah and it makes someone looks dirty... This has always been the stance of GB.
You allow your beards to grow or shave it and come to meetings, elder's will ask you wait after the meeting.
They will ask you questions llke.. Are you sure you're one of us? You look so unkept? Many embarrassing questions.... No one is looking up to any bethelite.

Don't mind that dullard. There is a reason why we call him Mad MaxinDhouse. He concocts imaginations from his anus. The Broadcast didn't even mention anything he said up there. Everything he said up there are nothing but hogwash from his anus. Ignore him. It hasn't dawned on him that The Governing Body has disgraced JWs in this forum.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:36pm On Dec 16, 2023
MaobiCarl:

You allow your beards to grow or trim it and come to meetings, elder's will ask you wait after the meeting.

Its obvious you've made up your mind so keep that and enjoy your weekend! smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Fountainofyouth(f): 5:08pm On Dec 16, 2023
Some Christian doctrines will truly be the end of Christianity, Lord help us.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by WINDSOW(m): 7:36pm On Dec 16, 2023
JW na !d!ots na.
They human philosophies over the ages is catching up with their sorry ass. Hypocrites!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Emusan(m): 7:51pm On Dec 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Its obvious you've made up your mind so keep that and enjoy your weekend! smiley

Why the excuse?

I thought you people believe in NEW LIGHT

Why can't you just agree that this is one of the New Light of Watchtower?

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Janosky: 8:02pm On Dec 16, 2023
WINDSOW:
JW na !d!ots na.
They human philosophies over the ages is catching up with their sorry ass. Hypocrites!!!
MUMU WAILING HYPOCRITE grin grin

What is your Churchpreneurs changing in the screenshot?

Oga,carry your IBERIBEISM outta this forum joor.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Janosky: 8:07pm On Dec 16, 2023
Emusan:

Why the excuse?

Emusan,did your Churchpreneurs and gods of men dish out 'new doctrines to you in the screenshot?

JWs matter dey give FAITHLESS miscreants joy & morning erections.

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Courz: 8:10pm On Dec 16, 2023
Emusan:

Why the excuse?

Hahahahahahahaha. Chai!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Emusan(m): 8:14pm On Dec 16, 2023
Janosky:
Emusan,did your Churchpreneurs and gods of men dish out 'new doctrines to you in the screenshot?

JWs matter dey give FAITHLESS miscreants joy & morning erections.

That's exactly my point, God warned us through Apostle Paul before hand.

Glad you couldn't twist that verse this time.

So that means your gods in Warwick and these men aren't different.

Bravo JaNosense! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Courz: 9:06pm On Dec 16, 2023
WINDSOW:

Swrs...
I hate them like Hell.
Rubbish sets of people. Dress gorgeously to meetings but for backend, they stink of ungodly habits. Madt niggers

I feel you. They are very toxic. Only people who have been born and bred in this Cult understand what you are saying.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Janosky: 9:14pm On Dec 16, 2023
Emusan:

That's exactly my point, God warned us through Apostle Paul before hand.

Glad you couldn't twist that verse this time.

So that means your gods in Warwick and these men aren't different.

Your Churchpreneurs gods of men rocks beards.

Your Churchpreneurs rocks dreadlocks.

Did Emusan WAIL about them and throw tantrums?

Emusan MUMU WAILER DECEIVING HIMSELF, did your 3 deities given you the same intel given to your Pastorpreneurs?
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Vs Stephanie Otobo: When You Lie Against God's Children / I Didn’t Promise Stephanie Otobo Marriage – Apostle Suleman / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo’s $40m Private Jet Parked At His Hangar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.