Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,026 members, 7,810,831 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) (63283 Views)

Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard / Best Man Chased Out Of Wedding Ceremony At RCCG Aba For Having Full Beard / Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Alajiki(m): 12:07pm On May 27, 2018
uboma:

It seems you have problem with comprehension.

The memo is against men wearing 'Taliban beards'. Do you sincerely think that a man with Taliban beards is really modest? RCCG has not banned wearing beards entirely as long as it is well trimmed.

Not allowing the Bridesmaids to continue wearing seductive dresses is also a good way to go.

Again, RCCG is trying to restore some sanity in the yChurch.

You seem to be the one who has problem with comprehension. Jesus wore Taliban beard, Moses, Noah...in fact all of them. So what the heck are you saying? Or is it not long beard being referred to as Taliban beard? Go check out that Jesus portrait hanging on your wall and come here to spew your inane twaddle again.

1 Like

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by SokizzRaven(m): 12:08pm On May 27, 2018
kolawoleibukun2:
well, I am tired of all these beard gangs abeg. they should ban it at all at all.

before real men day shave clean and look responsible. now we no know who be terrorist and who be christian again
how old are you again??
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Alajiki(m): 12:11pm On May 27, 2018
kolawoleibukun2:
well, I am tired of all these beard gangs abeg. they should ban it at all at all.

before real men day shave clean and look responsible. now we no know who be terrorist and who be christian again

Jesus kept long beard...was he a terrorist?
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Alajiki(m): 12:18pm On May 27, 2018
Halopy:
This is really a welcome development. I don't know why some people have problem with this. This is rccg thing, if you are not pleased with it go to another church. Its that simple.

Blah blah blah. And I guess Jesus was a Taliban too? Because the last time I checked his portrait, he wore a long, tick beard. You guys are confused.

2 Likes

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by divineappo(m): 12:24pm On May 27, 2018
thesicilian:
I'm beginning to think all these so called memos are automatically generated by bloggers.
when did u ever hear RCCG condemn such memos as fake?

Am sure u are highly disappointed at RCCG, that's why u said that
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by bizzibodi(m): 12:29pm On May 27, 2018
I hope dey will not raise another lousy memo mandating intending brides 2 trim their bushy pubik hairs.
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Lalas247(f): 12:30pm On May 27, 2018
They banned what shocked
Jesu ... how can they even do such ...

Certified groomed beard like that... this is painful
Rccg
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Acidosis(m): 12:30pm On May 27, 2018
Their church, their rules!!!
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by tsmat(m): 12:30pm On May 27, 2018
uboma:

The memo is against men wearing 'Taliban beards'. Do you sincerely think that a man with Taliban beards is really modest? RCCG has not banned wearing beards entirely as long as it is well trimmed.

Not allowing the Bridesmaids to continue wearing seductive dresses is also a good way to go.

Again, RCCG is trying to restore some sanity in the Church.

pls enlighten us abeg is there a beard type that is for Taliban abi its simply because its not well trimmed?

1 Like

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by thesicilian: 12:35pm On May 27, 2018
divineappo:
when did u ever hear RCCG condemn such memos as fake?

Am sure u are highly disappointed at RCCG, that's why u said that
I don't know what to believe. Not everyone bothers to respond to all media rumors, so I can't fault rccg officials for not responding.
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by tintingz(m): 12:40pm On May 27, 2018
I'm still finding it hard to know what Taliban beards means. grin grin

1 Like

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by petitejolie(f): 12:43pm On May 27, 2018
zlantanfan:
This happens when people decide to follow their "commandments" instead of God own

Leviticus 21:5

'They shall not make any baldness on their heads, NOR SHAVE OFF THE EDGES OF THEIR BEARDS, nor make any cuts in their flesh.

Leviticus 19:27

'You shall not round off the side-growth of your heads NOR HARM THE EDGES OF YOUR BEARDS.

Funny to believe its the same old testament which prescribed "tithing" which they prefer for suiting them
They don't see dis one o. It's women shall not wear trouser men shall not tie wrapper dey will see ND b disturbing us with.

1 Like

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 27, 2018
Nbote:
Taliban beards ke? Beards is beards so long as it is neatly kept.. Na wedding ppl dey attend, not contesting for pastorship. Well, their church, their rules, no matter how ridiculous it looks
your acclaimed Christ had long beard
Christianity is nothing but deception

2 Likes

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by abbeyty(m): 12:48pm On May 27, 2018
I am taking my wife to be to the shrine then, I will stop going to all these churches all together. at least my tithes will be going to those that need it most ( the less privileged ones)

1 Like

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Nobody: 12:49pm On May 27, 2018
Una dey take small small be like cult.

1 Like

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 27, 2018
uboma:

describe Taliban beard
Adeboye locked your reasoning inside freezer since 1820 bc

3 Likes

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by DrToche: 12:50pm On May 27, 2018
rubbish religion

2 Likes

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Encyclopedia1: 12:52pm On May 27, 2018
uboma:

Are you Jesus?

Stop being a lazy brat and look up the meaning of "Taliban beard".

grin grin grin now I really know we've got stupid people around. Taliban is a name of a group and not beard gang. That means your so called pastors with beards are Talibans grin grin grin grin
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by budaatum: 12:53pm On May 27, 2018
Earthbound:

I hope for the sake of both our sanities that you're being sarcastic.
I would suppose that the best response to "taliban beard" is sarcasm. I can just about imagine some RCCG members informing those with beards that god wouldn't let them into heaven. An appropriate response would be "O Lord God please make me an atheist!"
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by tintingz(m): 12:54pm On May 27, 2018
skolobo:
that time there was nothing like saloon or clipper even scissors never dey exist
False, there were blades(straight razor) to shave hair back then.

This can be trace back to ancient Egypt, you should wonder how most ancient egytians are mostly bald and shaved.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight_razor

1 Like

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Originalsly: 12:56pm On May 27, 2018
uboma:

What exactly is Taliban Beard? ...thE 'Jews' also have Taliban Beard?....how do you distinguish long beard from Taliban Beard? ...think you can explain?
I can agree if somewhere in the Bible said something like...and after Jesus finished shaving his beard....he rubbeth his finger on his bare chin and saith to the multitude.....
Hasidic Jews.....Taliban Beard?

2 Likes

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by chuksonia(m): 12:58pm On May 27, 2018
Earthbound:
Even Jesus wore long beards.

did u see him and confirm that he really wore long bears !
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Encyclopedia1: 1:02pm On May 27, 2018
tsmat:

pls enlighten us abeg is there a beard type that is for Taliban abi its simply because its not well trimmed?

Even Taliban keep their beards clean. You need to see them as shown on TV......
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Nickymezor(f): 1:05pm On May 27, 2018
Wateva na dem sabi. Some ppl no dey take care of their beards tho
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Gaddafiyusf(m): 1:05pm On May 27, 2018
uboma:

You're trying to be more Catholic than the Pope
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by alen4smith(m): 1:05pm On May 27, 2018
Earthbound:
how do you know ?the picture they parade to be jesus isnt jesus.the pix does not even fit the biblical description of Jesus.
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Chimourinho(m): 1:06pm On May 27, 2018
zlantanfan:
This happens when people decide to follow their "commandments" instead of God own

Leviticus 21:5

'They shall not make any baldness on their heads, NOR SHAVE OFF THE EDGES OF THEIR BEARDS, nor make any cuts in their flesh.

Leviticus 19:27

'You shall not round off the side-growth of your heads NOR HARM THE EDGES OF YOUR BEARDS.

Funny to believe its the same old testament which prescribed "tithing" which they prefer for suiting them
Old testament sounds like Quran.. Very rigid and mean
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by castrokins(m): 1:07pm On May 27, 2018
You Don See Jesus Before?

Earthbound:
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by seangy4konji: 1:09pm On May 27, 2018
Even Jesus Kristi wore beards with the movies we saw...

all this church people self may God forgive you..

Bleep
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Nobody: 1:15pm On May 27, 2018
Earthbound:

Modified
All of you quoting me have serious problems. Jesus was a Jew and it is against their law to shave the hairs that grow on the sides of their head i.e beards.

Please where did you see him and the long beard grin
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by brainbox1000(m): 1:25pm On May 27, 2018
Earthbound:

Modified
All of you quoting me have serious problems. Jesus was a Jew and it is against their law to shave the hairs that grow on the sides of their head i.e beards.

How do you know ? Did you see Jesus?
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 27, 2018
I love 'em beards

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) / Video Of Collapsed Reigners Bible Church Building In Uyo (Graphic Content) / Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.