Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,881 members, 7,828,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? (22632 Views)

Is Gionee X1s (3gb/32gb) Fake / Infinix Hot 6 Pro X608 Official Discussion Thread / Gionee X1s Discussion Thread [new Release & price] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by olayinkajnr(m): 2:31pm On May 27, 2018
directonpc:
since 2013 till now I have used Gionee phones. E3 from 2013-2016, M5mini 2016-now
I was lucky both devices got Os updates. One from jellybean to Kitkat, another lollipop to marshmallow

Lol. Very lucky bro.

I'm even surprised M5 itself didn't get OS update. They are still on Android 5.1.

Plus development is poor for that device.

In your own sincere opinion, is Gionee of today better than what we used to have then? When their devices were value for money and when they always push updates for their devices.
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by Cassie74: 3:07pm On May 27, 2018
ABDNZ:
I am currently using the Xiaomi 5a prime the performance is optimum, but it's not as durable as the other phones it feels fragile and if it starts having issues there is no care service in Nigeria. And that's it major problem.

Hi.. Check out xiaomi-thread in phone section... Most if not all your questions will get answers. Cheers
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by just4wilson(m): 3:17pm On May 27, 2018
I feel you
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by Mcslize: 3:19pm On May 27, 2018
olayinkajnr:

Lol you think so?

Gionee batteries ain't bad but forget what they write on paper. If it were before, I would vouch for any Gionee device. They've really dropped in everything. I'm using a 4000mah Gionee device. Within 5minutes, it's drops at least 3% without doing anything heavy.

Compared to what we used to have before, Gionee of today ain't it at all.

That's serious. That means it will be better to just buy second hand Gionee M5 will sure pass. Cuz that phone was when Gionee was really Gionee as the phone is no longer on production.
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by Mcslize: 3:21pm On May 27, 2018
olayinkajnr:

Lol you think so?

Gionee batteries ain't bad but forget what they write on paper. If it were before, I would vouch for any Gionee device. They've really dropped in everything. I'm using a 4000mah Gionee device. Within 5minutes, it's drops at least 3% without doing anything heavy.

Compared to what we used to have before, Gionee of today ain't it at all.

Which phone with good battery will you suggest now.
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by olayinkajnr(m): 3:22pm On May 27, 2018
Mcslize:

That's serious. That means it will be better to just buy second hand Gionee M5 will sure pass. Cuz that phone was when Gionee was really Gionee as the phone is no longer on production.

Yeah. You get my point.

The only issue with that phone is the neglect by Gionee. That phone deserves an upgrade to Android 6.0.1 but they left it the way it was.

Surprisingly, Gionee M5mini, the junior brother to Gionee M5 got Android 6.0.1 update.
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by olayinkajnr(m): 3:26pm On May 27, 2018
Mcslize:

Which phone with good battery will you suggest now.

I don't want to force my opinion on you as there are so many Gionee fan boys out there that will want to eat me raw.

Latest Gionee devices with 4000mah battery and above are just too expensive and I won't advice even my enemy to get it coz it's no value for money at all. They are all complete rip off.

34k that can get you a Gionee X1s on Jumia can also get you a Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A for 31k on Jumia. Though the battery is 3080mah I think but even the 4000mah Gionee X1s battery doesn't perform better than it.

Between the 3 devices the OP listed, I'll suggest Infinix Hot 6 Pro (the 3gb ram/32gb rom version). It's 47k on Jumia and 45k in open stores.
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by Starry79: 3:28pm On May 27, 2018
For me infinix at the top follow by gionee then xiaomi or what they are calling it but am team samsung (s6)
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by Clean2016: 5:11pm On May 27, 2018
Cleopatrachris:
Good morning guys, please am new to this forum and i really need your individual contributions/advise,thank you. I got these message yesterday
Dear applicant, you've been shorlisted for an interview/assessment with the Regional MD of Starlite Global Resources on Monday June, 4th 2018.At #134 Wetheral road, opp. City primary school @fire service junction Owerri.
Time 9am, come with your credentials and passport
Ref code:PSB/MIR/3945/NH
Come early.
Is the above for real?

You will sell Tiænchi tire, don't mind them
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by directonpc(m): 5:13pm On May 27, 2018
olayinkajnr:

Lol. Very lucky bro.

I'm even surprised M5 itself didn't get OS update. They are still on Android 5.1.

Plus development is poor for that device.

In your own sincere opinion, is Gionee of today better than what we used to have then? When their devices were value for money and when they always push updates for their devices.
You are right brother, Gionee company feels different in the aspect of Os update.

But their hardware is still very much solid! Better than most Chinese OEMs in naija. Me I can't buy any device that was built for African markets only.
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by virago(f): 5:24pm On May 27, 2018
b0y:
Xiaomi is not in the class of any of these other two. I don't even need to go into details as a simple comparison can be done on gsmarena on this.

I doubt that you would find infinix on the site tho.

But Gionee is on gsmarena , in my estimation Xiaomi and Gionee are about the same
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by larrypourl(m): 5:49pm On May 27, 2018
directonpc:
since 2013 till now I have used Gionee phones. E3 from 2013-2016, M5mini 2016-now
I was lucky both devices got Os updates. One from jellybean to Kitkat, another lollipop to marshmallow

Also got the OS update from Lollipop to Marshmallow on the M5mini. I've been using mine since 2016 - date.
Fixed charging port twice,
Phone speaker just stopped working, but was fixed under warranty.
Changed the cracked Screen last year too.

Colleagues sees the phone and still wanna get it. It's a nice phone anyway.

1 Like

Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by directonpc(m): 5:54pm On May 27, 2018
larrypourl:

Also got the OS update from Lollipop to Marshmallow on the M5mini. I've been using mine since 2016 - date.
Fixed charging port twice,
Phone speaker just stopped working, but was fixed under warranty.
Changed the cracked Screen last year too.

Colleagues sees the phone and still wanna get it. It's a nice phone anyway.

Eeya, I have not fixed anything on my m5mini sha. I didn't even crack the screen. Just that I really roughed the body.
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by larrypourl(m): 6:09pm On May 27, 2018
directonpc:

Eeya, I have not fixed anything on my m5mini sha. I didn't even crack the screen. Just that I really roughed the body.

Mine is still mint, I've been using the pouch that came with it until last month. What's d point of protecting the body again after using it for 2years, and ever since then, people keep admiring d phone, a friend just got one because of d way I used mine, another will soon get it. Funny enough the price is still going up.
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by Samson1851(m): 6:15pm On May 27, 2018
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by directonpc(m): 6:16pm On May 27, 2018
larrypourl:

Mine is still mint, I've been using the pouch that came with it until last month. What's d point of protecting the body again after using it for 2years, and ever since then, people keep admiring d phone, a friend just got one because of d way I used mine, another will soon get it. Funny enough the price is still going up.
I stopped using the pouch in April 2016. Your friends should buy Gionee x1s instead as it has more RAM, more storage, better Os and fine camera.
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by larrypourl(m): 6:21pm On May 27, 2018
directonpc:
I stopped using the pouch in April 2016. Your friends should buy Gionee x1s instead as it has more RAM, more storage, better Os and fine camera.

I'll advice them. It's their choice tho.

1 Like

Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by greatman247(m): 7:23pm On May 27, 2018
Mcslize:

I wanted to go for this Gionee Marathon M5, but someone said it is no longer being produced. I don't wanna go for second hand. How true is that?

I don't know about that. I bought mine brand new. I know of someone that bought his second hand and it's still great like new, very clean and excellent working condition.
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by greatman247(m): 7:35pm On May 27, 2018
olayinkajnr:

And you are still on android 5.1.1. You didn't state that in what you typed. Gionee used to be very okay even with the M5 but that was then. I bet that you've not used any latest Gionee device after you bought your M5 that's why you typed that.

Let me break it down to you. Gionee is poo. Not what they used to be anymore. Even they know that.

I have used Gionee M6, Gionee M5 plus, and M5 mini but I prefer Gionee Marathon M5. Got all I want and desire from it. Durability, and it can be used as remote control for any kind of TV, ny kind of Ait conditioner, light, set up boxes and many more and above all, I love it for the durability. Mind you, I have iPhone and Samsung but currently I put them aside and go with my Gionee Marathon M5 cos it saves me the stress of charging my phone all the time. Battery last for days and by the way, I recently bought it, so all what you said about Gionee been shit are not true, say what you know cos I have great experience with Gionee even though I have been using many other phones too, I just told you the difference, those other phones are great too but all they sell is the name, Gionee M5 is underrated but greater than most fashionable phones.
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by ABDNZ: 8:21pm On May 27, 2018
Cassie74:

Hi.. Check out xiaomi-thread in phone section... Most if not all your questions will get answers. Cheers
Danke, found it was a little helpful, still better than no help at all, Danke.
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by olayinkajnr(m): 9:29pm On May 27, 2018
greatman247:

I have used Gionee M6, Gionee M5 plus, and M5 mini but I prefer Gionee Marathon M5. Got all I want and desire from it. Durability, and it can be used as remote control for any kind of TV, ny kind of Ait conditioner, light, set up boxes and many more and above all, I love it for the durability. Mind you, I have iPhone and Samsung but currently I put them aside and go with my Gionee Marathon M5 cos it saves me the stress of charging my phone all the time. Battery last for days and by the way, I recently bought it, so all what you said about Gionee been shit are not true, say what you know cos I have great experience with Gionee even though I have been using many other phones too, I just told you the difference, those other phones are great too but all they sell is the name, Gionee M5 is underrated but greater than most fashionable phones.

Gionee M5 is underrated because Gionee wants it to be underrated. Gionee completely ignored the development of that device.

Xiaomi ain't selling name. If you know you know. And talking about control, Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A got it too. The thing is Gionee ain't what they used to be anymore.
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by olayinkajnr(m): 9:29pm On May 27, 2018
directonpc:

You are right brother, Gionee company feels different in the aspect of Os update.

But their hardware is still very much solid! Better than most Chinese OEMs in naija. Me I can't buy any device that was built for African markets only.

True.
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by olayinkajnr(m): 9:32pm On May 27, 2018
virago:

But Gionee is on gsmarena , in my estimation Xiaomi and Gionee are about the same

Kind of but Xiaomi is way above Gionee's league. If it was before, we can say Gionee is far above Xiaomi.
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by onimcee1(m): 10:16pm On May 27, 2018
donprosper6:
which one is better?
You can buy any other phone but GIONEE is rubbish. customer relation is zero. warranty is zero.
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by DeBrain045(m): 8:04am On May 28, 2018
kmaster007:
Gionee, Infinix,tecno, Xiaomi wch of dis product is d best..
i will advice you that xiaomi is the best among all the others brand above it is know in the world followed by gionee and finally the redmi 5a prime is superior than the socalled hot 6 and x1s its like the combination of both the only prob is that is not well know in nigeria in case of warranty
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by DeBrain045(m): 8:36am On May 28, 2018
kmaster007:
Gionee, Infinix,tecno, Xiaomi wch of dis product is d best..
I will advice you to go for xiaomi it is know globally than the other and I will advice redmi 5a prime precisely 16mp,13mp, octacore processor better than hot 6 or spark k8 the only problem is that it is partially know in nigeria in case of warranty
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by dauddy97(m): 10:27am On May 28, 2018
harbjar:
Gionee x1s battery is shit... Thank me later
sir, I need your urgent response. I'm about to get the Gionee x1S from jumia because of the battery and other specifications. since I read from your comments that it's poo. I guess you are talking from experience, should I continue my other if that 4000mah doesn't worth the fone. pls, I need your advice. should I continue the order. And tell me more about the fone. thanks
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by dauddy97(m): 10:39am On May 28, 2018
Mcslize:

I am planning of getting that Gionee X1s ,the reviews on that phone are quite amazing. They said the phone behave like an intelligent robot based on its 3GB RAM and the battery is quite good.

Normally, Gionee products never disappoint. I will never smell Infinix in my life. Gionee all the way.
I am also planning to get that Gionee x1S. but, what I'm seeing here is not promising. a guy said the ba3 is poo. I'm after the fone because of the ba3. pls, have you gotten yours or do you have anyone using it close to you. pls, I need your advice bfor I order am. thanks
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by kmaster007: 10:46am On May 28, 2018
DeBrain045:
I will advice you to go for xiaomi it is know globally than the other and I will advice redmi 5a prime precisely 16mp,13mp, octacore processor better than hot 6 or spark k8 the only problem is that it is partially know in nigeria in case of warranty
what of Gionee product and hw much is Xiaomi Redmi prime
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by kmaster007: 10:50am On May 28, 2018
DeBrain045:
i will advice you that xiaomi is the best among all the others brand above it is know in the world followed by gionee and finally the redmi 5a prime is superior than the socalled hot 6 and x1s its like the combination of both the only prob is that is not well know in nigeria in case of warranty
I wnt sumtin like front/back camera with flash, battery and ram/rom
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by Mcslize: 12:08pm On May 28, 2018
dauddy97:
I am also planning to get that Gionee x1S. but, what I'm seeing here is not promising. a guy said the ba3 is poo. I'm after the fone because of the ba3. pls, have you gotten yours or do you have anyone using it close to you. pls, I need your advice bfor I order am. thanks

I have not gotten mine. Someone said the battery capacity is very poor. And it's due to the battery I planned buying it but they said the battery is very poor. And it drains even without using it.

I have changed my mind. Still looking out for any good phone with good battery performance right now just can't come up with any.

Another person said , Xiaomi Redmi 5A Note with battery of 3080mah is better than that Gionee X1s of 4000mah.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Infinix Hot 4 Pro Problems / 6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! / Mtn Zlt M30s 4g Lte Mifi Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.