Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? (22639 Views)

Is Gionee X1s (3gb/32gb) Fake / Infinix Hot 6 Pro X608 Official Discussion Thread / Gionee X1s Discussion Thread [new Release & price] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by Jac007(m): 9:55am On May 27, 2018
serikiYCU:

40k? Are sure?

Less than that on jumia.
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by ABDNZ: 9:58am On May 27, 2018
I am currently using the Xiaomi 5a prime the performance is optimum, but it's not as durable as the other phones it feels fragile and if it starts having issues there is no care service in Nigeria. And that's it major problem.
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by kmaster007: 10:28am On May 27, 2018
people's re confusing sum tym... sum re saying Gionee is gud, sum re also saying is not gud... wch one is correct
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by pillarmaria(m): 10:32am On May 27, 2018
omogin:
Run from anything gionee. Thank me later
please could you tell me why?
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by Ejadike(m): 10:33am On May 27, 2018
donprosper6:
which one is better?
Infinix hot 6 is way better
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by kmaster007: 10:36am On May 27, 2018
cardoso514:
Gionee is the greatest!!
do you use Gionee... I need to no abt it coz I wnt to buy one to avoid mistake. Gionee a1 plus got my attention
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by kmaster007: 10:37am On May 27, 2018
directonpc:
Gionee is known for Good battery life and durability. I have used a Gionee device from January 2016 till date and I am typing this comment from the device. It's very rugged.

Gionee X1s is one of the best devices that you can get for less than 40k. Better grab the opportunity to order one from http://7rl.in/jAnd (Jumia link)
do you use Gionee... I need to no abt it coz I wnt to
buy one to avoid mistake. Gionee a1 plus got my
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by kmaster007: 10:39am On May 27, 2018
Gionee, Infinix,tecno, Xiaomi wch of dis product is d best..
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by Lovelynife(m): 11:00am On May 27, 2018
olayinkajnr:

Sorry bro. My bad.

Reasons reasons reasons.

Let me put it straight.

1. Gionee X1s is a good device no doubt but specs wise, it's not close to any of those device and it's more expensive. I believe that the OP saw a massive discount somewhere for Gionee X1s (probably Jumia for 34k) that's why he added it to the list but the retail price of Gionee X1s is 60-63k.

Gionee used to be one OEM that pushes OTA updates for their devices but the story has changed. Though there's bug fixes updates but OS upgrade is not guaranteed like before. Ask Gionee M5, M6 and M5plus users. They are still languishing in Android 5.1, 6.0.1 respectively.

Also, as time goes on, the battery will start misbehaving. I know some people will say what do I expect. But this is Gionee. It's always been like that. Like charging the battery and it never gets full. I equally use a Gionee device but once it clocks 88%, that's all. It won't exceed that. And this is not the first Gionee device that did that. Someone should not call it a factory fault. Coz it isn't. And many MORE.

Their community is nothing to write home about.

2. Infinix Hot 6 Pro to be precise, it's specs is good not that I have handled it. I've not. With Snapdragon chipset, you should expect optimum performance compared to Gionee X1s. And I know Infinix for one thing, they don't joke with updates. I'm very certain that this will get the next iteration of android OS. They support their devices to the core. And the battery is 4000mah coupled with the Chipset, will serve you for long.

3. Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A/5A Prime uses a Snapdragon chipset too. Far better than the one in Infinix Hot 6 Pro and it's other variants.

The same thing that applies to the Infinix device also applies to the Xiaomi, it's just that you'll be getting more value for money if you get the Xiaomi. Though it's still on android 7.1.2 with MIUI 9. But I'm sure it will get an update to Oreo. It has a very large community just like Infinix XCLUB and even better. It's not fullview though like Hot 6 and the battery is a meagre 3000mah+ but the Chipset that came with it will optimise it for you.

Verdict: if you are looking for an upgrade in OS and what's in vogue, Infinix Hot 6 Pro it is.

But if you are looking for far better performance, Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A prime it is.

For me, I think I'll go with Hot 6 not minding the Chipset.

Wow!!! I love ur fair judgment

2 Likes

Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by AceRoyal: 11:03am On May 27, 2018
edlion57:
my brother try Gionee m6 marathon
I'm currently using Gionee M6 Marathon, awesome phone. Monster phone. I'm waiting for M7 marathon.
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by AceRoyal: 11:07am On May 27, 2018
kmaster007:
do you use Gionee... I need to no abt it coz I wnt to buy one to avoid mistake. Gionee a1 plus got my attention
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by directonpc(m): 11:07am On May 27, 2018
kmaster007:
do you use Gionee... I need to no abt it coz I wnt to
buy one to avoid mistake. Gionee a1 plus got my
since 2013 till now I have used Gionee phones. E3 from 2013-2016, M5mini 2016-now
I was lucky both devices got Os updates. One from jellybean to Kitkat, another lollipop to marshmallow
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by AceRoyal: 11:07am On May 27, 2018
kmaster007:
If u have the cash go for the M5 or M6 marathon
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by Jonakez(m): 11:11am On May 27, 2018
Who knows HOW MOTOROLA E4 IS LIKE? has anyone in the house used it? IM INTERESTED IN THAT PHONE.
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by Teeboi56: 11:14am On May 27, 2018
enemyofprogress:
Which one can your pocket afford?
Good of u bro
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by Cleopatrachris(f): 11:20am On May 27, 2018
Thank you so much
gokefolaranmi:
Well, did you apply for any job? Don't go where they'll mine your skull o. Did you subscribe to any job hunting service? Also try to confirm such a company actually exists and go there with like 40 people. A ni si rin.

1 Like

Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by Cleopatrachris(f): 11:22am On May 27, 2018
Thank you
olayinkajnr:

Not real. GNLD
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by ifeanyibxt: 11:26am On May 27, 2018
kmaster007:
people's re confusing sum tym... sum re saying Gionee is gud, sum re also saying is not gud... wch one is correct
Thats human being for you...
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by Bikky302(f): 11:52am On May 27, 2018
Nonee!
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by kmaster007: 12:03pm On May 27, 2018
AceRoyal:

If u have the cash go for the M5 or M6 marathon
u mean m5/6 is OK Dan A plus1
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by focus7: 12:13pm On May 27, 2018
donprosper6:
which one is better?

GIONEE is just overrated it is not a good phone, it's full many problems. I am currently using the M6 and most people using different models are having complains against it.
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by Uchefame(m): 12:29pm On May 27, 2018
Cleopatrachris:
Good morning guys, please am new to this forum and i really need your individual contributions/advise,thank you. I got these message yesterday
Dear applicant, you've been shorlisted for an interview/assessment with the Regional MD of Starlite Global Resources on Monday June, 4th 2018.At #134 Wetheral road, opp. City primary school @fire service junction Owerri.
Time 9am, come with your credentials and passport
Ref code:PSB/MIR/3945/NH
Come early.
Is the above for real?

Did you sent your data to any phone number called on Radio program in owerri? if your answer is yes, it means you're dealing with GNLD. I live in owerri and I know how they operate. I advice you to visit the place and find out the area of their business before you conclude on what to do
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by okooloyun1(m): 12:29pm On May 27, 2018
jayinfo2:
I'm in need of an infinix hot 5 or hot 6 fairly use to buy. Anyone that have one to sell should pls holla me.
Where do you stay? I have a month used hot 5.
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by jayinfo2(m): 12:42pm On May 27, 2018
okooloyun1:
Where do you stay? I have a month used hot 5.

I stay in Lagos. What about u
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by okooloyun1(m): 12:50pm On May 27, 2018
jayinfo2:

I stay in Lagos. What about u
Ibadan bro
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by jayinfo2(m): 12:54pm On May 27, 2018
okooloyun1:
Ibadan bro

It would be hard transacting business from Ibadan
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by okooloyun1(m): 1:20pm On May 27, 2018
jayinfo2:

It would be hard transacting business from Ibadan
Yes, except you have someone in Ibadan that can pick it for you.
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by jayinfo2(m): 1:27pm On May 27, 2018
okooloyun1:
Yes, except you have someone in Ibadan that can pick it for you.

I don't think i do
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by edlion57(m): 1:49pm On May 27, 2018
AceRoyal:

I'm currently using Gionee M6 Marathon, awesome phone. Monster phone. I'm waiting for M7 marathon.
I hv all I needed in m6 ....so m7 not for me unless increase in battery ..rom...ram...etc...i might consider
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by olayinkajnr(m): 2:28pm On May 27, 2018
Mcslize:

How true is this bro. Same phone people are praising it's battery? Maybe you bought yours second hand. That's the only reason that can prompt that statement.

Lol you think so?

Gionee batteries ain't bad but forget what they write on paper. If it were before, I would vouch for any Gionee device. They've really dropped in everything. I'm using a 4000mah Gionee device. Within 5minutes, it's drops at least 3% without doing anything heavy.

Compared to what we used to have before, Gionee of today ain't it at all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! / Tecno Camon C8 Full Unboxing And First Impression / Twitter User Laments Over Exploded Samsung Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.