Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,940 members, 7,828,306 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? (22635 Views)

Is Gionee X1s (3gb/32gb) Fake / Infinix Hot 6 Pro X608 Official Discussion Thread / Gionee X1s Discussion Thread [new Release & price] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by tbadejo25: 7:55am On May 27, 2018
henry007:
Hot 6 Pro and here's why in my review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvAh0a6J5Co

Specs wise it's the best.
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by Jonakez(m): 7:57am On May 27, 2018
harbjar:
Gionee x1s battery is shit... Thank me later

U mean then strength of the BATTERY is poor?

2 Likes

Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by Jonakez(m): 7:58am On May 27, 2018
harbjar:

U mean the strength of the BATTERY is poor?
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by greatman247(m): 8:01am On May 27, 2018
Op don't ever waste your hard earn money on infinix or Redmi. All infinix has is just the name. Gionee is way better. Great battery life and durability. I can even say it's way better than Samsung and iPhone but na small remain. LOL. But honestly, I do have Samsung and IPhone but I just put them aside ever since I have my gionee M5, the battery last for like 3 to 4 good days without charging it once its full, I swear. I even type this with my Gionee M5. Op I will rather advice you to buy gionee m5, the battery is 6,000 mAh.

2 Likes

Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by harbjar(m): 8:01am On May 27, 2018
Jonakez:

U mean the strength of the BATTERY is poor?
Yes...

1 Like

Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by edlion57(m): 8:05am On May 27, 2018
omogin:
Run from anything gionee. Thank me later
my brother try Gionee m6 marathon
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by famousking2017: 8:12am On May 27, 2018
You ll regret buying chinko �
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by Cleopatrachris(f): 8:15am On May 27, 2018
Good morning guys, please am new to this forum and i really need your individual contributions/advise,thank you. I got these message yesterday
Dear applicant, you've been shorlisted for an interview/assessment with the Regional MD of Starlite Global Resources on Monday June, 4th 2018.At #134 Wetheral road, opp. City primary school @fire service junction Owerri.
Time 9am, come with your credentials and passport
Ref code:PSB/MIR/3945/NH
Come early.
Is the above for real?
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by Giwa80(m): 8:16am On May 27, 2018
Go for d one ur pocket can affort. shikenan!
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by jayinfo2(m): 8:20am On May 27, 2018
I'm in need of an infinix hot 5 or hot 6 fairly use to buy. Anyone that have one to sell should pls holla me.
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by Nobody: 8:26am On May 27, 2018
olayinkajnr:

Both Infinix and Xiaomo are better than that Gionee.

This new Infinix seems to look promising but I'll pick the Xiaomi 5A over it especially if it's Xiaomi 5A Prime.
I am rocking my Xiaomi 5a prime. The phone is bae
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by gokefolaranmi(m): 8:27am On May 27, 2018
Cleopatrachris:
Good morning guys, please am new to this forum and i really need your individual contributions/advise,thank you. I got these message yesterday
Dear applicant, you've been shorlisted for an interview/assessment with the Regional MD of Starlite Global Resources on Monday June, 4th 2018.At #134 Wetheral road, opp. City primary school @fire service junction Owerri.
Come early.
Is the above for real?
Well, did you apply for any job? Don't go where they'll mine your skull o. Did you subscribe to any job hunting service? Also try to confirm such a company actually exists and go there with like 40 people. A ni si rin.

3 Likes

Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by olayinkajnr(m): 8:36am On May 27, 2018
Felixalex:

The op asked because he needed answers based on little facts that u myt have, especially from first hand experiences.

So when u answer such questions u shd give reasons, u won't be helping only the OP, but many other people who need answers to same question. Thanks

Sorry bro. My bad.

Reasons reasons reasons.

Let me put it straight.

1. Gionee X1s is a good device no doubt but specs wise, it's not close to any of those device and it's more expensive. I believe that the OP saw a massive discount somewhere for Gionee X1s (probably Jumia for 34k) that's why he added it to the list but the retail price of Gionee X1s is 60-63k.

Gionee used to be one OEM that pushes OTA updates for their devices but the story has changed. Though there's bug fixes updates but OS upgrade is not guaranteed like before. Ask Gionee M5, M6 and M5plus users. They are still languishing in Android 5.1, 6.0.1 respectively.

Also, as time goes on, the battery will start misbehaving. I know some people will say what do I expect. But this is Gionee. It's always been like that. Like charging the battery and it never gets full. I equally use a Gionee device but once it clocks 88%, that's all. It won't exceed that. And this is not the first Gionee device that did that. Someone should not call it a factory fault. Coz it isn't. And many MORE.

Their community is nothing to write home about.

2. Infinix Hot 6 Pro to be precise, it's specs is good not that I have handled it. I've not. With Snapdragon chipset, you should expect optimum performance compared to Gionee X1s. And I know Infinix for one thing, they don't joke with updates. I'm very certain that this will get the next iteration of android OS. They support their devices to the core. And the battery is 4000mah coupled with the Chipset, will serve you for long.

3. Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A/5A Prime uses a Snapdragon chipset too. Far better than the one in Infinix Hot 6 Pro and it's other variants.

The same thing that applies to the Infinix device also applies to the Xiaomi, it's just that you'll be getting more value for money if you get the Xiaomi. Though it's still on android 7.1.2 with MIUI 9. But I'm sure it will get an update to Oreo. It has a very large community just like Infinix XCLUB and even better. It's not fullview though like Hot 6 and the battery is a meagre 3000mah+ but the Chipset that came with it will optimise it for you.

Verdict: if you are looking for an upgrade in OS and what's in vogue, Infinix Hot 6 Pro it is.

But if you are looking for far better performance, Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A prime it is.

For me, I think I'll go with Hot 6 not minding the Chipset.

9 Likes

Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by olayinkajnr(m): 8:38am On May 27, 2018
Cleopatrachris:
Come early.
Is the above for real?

Not real. GNLD

1 Like

Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by olayinkajnr(m): 8:40am On May 27, 2018
greatman247:
Op don't ever waste your hard earn money on infinix or Redmi. All infinix has is just the name. Gionee is way better. Great battery life and durability. I can even say it's way better than Samsung and iPhone but na small remain. LOL. But honestly, I do have Samsung and IPhone but I just put them aside ever since I have my gionee M5, the battery last for like 3 to 4 good days without charging it once its full, I swear. I even type this with my Gionee M5. Op I will rather advice you to buy gionee m5, the battery is 6,000 mAh.

And you are still on android 5.1.1. You didn't state that in what you typed. Gionee used to be very okay even with the M5 but that was then. I bet that you've not used any latest Gionee device after you bought your M5 that's why you typed that.

Let me break it down to you. Gionee is poo. Not what they used to be anymore. Even they know that.
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by olayinkajnr(m): 8:54am On May 27, 2018
henry007:
Hot 6 Pro and here's why in my review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvAh0a6J5Co

Why don't you do a written review. Trust me lots of people will love it too.
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by Mcslize: 9:01am On May 27, 2018
donprosper6:
which one is better?

I am planning of getting that Gionee X1s ,the reviews on that phone are quite amazing. They said the phone behave like an intelligent robot based on its 3GB RAM and the battery is quite good.

Normally, Gionee products never disappoint. I will never smell Infinix in my life. Gionee all the way.
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by Mcslize: 9:05am On May 27, 2018
olayinkajnr:

Both Infinix and Xiaomo are better than that Gionee.

This new Infinix seems to look promising but I'll pick the Xiaomi 5A over it especially if it's Xiaomi 5A Prime.

That's not true bro. Gionee never disappoint. Gionee has the best battery for all their products. No be joke

1 Like

Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by henry007(m): 9:08am On May 27, 2018
olayinkajnr:

Why don't you do a written review. Trust me lots of people will love it too.

I do written reviews too. Trust me when i say way way more people watch videos than they read tech articles. Even the ones that read barely comment or share.
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by Mcslize: 9:11am On May 27, 2018
omogin:
Run from anything gionee. Thank me later

Gionee of all Gionee. It doesn't seems like you've used Gionee before. Gionee phones will always give you good battery capacity, large RAM size and perfect Camera. Gionee is loved by many due to the above. In a country where we poor power supply, all we need is a phone with good battery capacity and perfect RAM size. Forget about all those big big names of phones being produced every day, if it not Gionee na cast.
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by olayinkajnr(m): 9:15am On May 27, 2018
Mcslize:

That's not true bro. Gionee never disappoint. Gionee has the best battery for all their products. No be joke

Do you care to read my post that came after?

Gionee used to be the best. I was even a fan more than you self.

Gionee is good no doubt. But the device he tried to compare to the Infinix and Xiaomi doesn't come close to them.

You can't use people's review on one device to judge a whole company. In everything, both the Hot 6 and Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A are better than the Gionee X1s.
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by olayinkajnr(m): 9:18am On May 27, 2018
Mcslize:

Gionee of all Gionee. It doesn't seems like you've used Gionee before. Gionee phones will always give you good battery capacity, large RAM size and perfect Camera. Gionee is loved by many due to the above. In a country where we poor power supply, all we need is a phone with good battery capacity and perfect RAM size. Forget about all those big big names of phones being produced every day, if it not Gionee na cast.

Gionee used to be loved by Nigerians. But not like before. If you started using Gionee right from the days of Gionee P1, P2, P3, P4 and M2, you would know. Even the M3 with 5000mah battery didn't live to the expectation of a 5000mah phone.

Not to talk of the stupid Amigo UI in their phones.

Mind you, I used all those phones. And that was when Gionee was Gionee. Not now that they make less for more price.

Now, their devices are more expensive for less specs. I bet they don't have to 3% in the Nigerian market. That's undisputed.
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by olayinkajnr(m): 9:19am On May 27, 2018
henry007:

I do written reviews too. Trust me when i say way way more people watch videos than they read tech articles. Even the ones that read barely comment or share.

Maybe it's just me sha.
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by Charmin1(f): 9:26am On May 27, 2018
Currently using gionee X1s (3weeks old). It's a good phone the only problem is that the battery does not last.

Gionee phones are very good. I used gionee m3 mini for 2years and 6months the only reason I changed the phone was because the charging port was having issues. I still use though

I go for Gionee phones because I don't want to be disappointed �

2 Likes

Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by Mcslize: 9:27am On May 27, 2018
directonpc:
Gionee is known for Good battery life and durability. I have used a Gionee device from January 2016 till date and I am typing this comment from the device. It's very rugged.

Gionee X1s is one of the best devices that you can get for less than 40k. Better grab the opportunity to order one from http://7rl.in/jAnd (Jumia link)

How will I get it if I order it on Jumia?
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by Mcslize: 9:30am On May 27, 2018
harbjar:

How true is this bro. Same phone people are praising it's battery? Maybe you bought yours second hand. That's the only reason that can prompt that statement.

1 Like

Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by directonpc(m): 9:32am On May 27, 2018
Mcslize:

How will I get it if I order it on Jumia?
Jumia is Nigeria's biggest online store that delivers goods to all 36 states + FCT. Just order online, put ur valid address and after successful payment u will receive further details on tracking your phone till it gets to your city.
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by Mcslize: 9:33am On May 27, 2018
greatman247:

I wanted to go for this Gionee Marathon M5, but someone said it is no longer being produced. I don't wanna go for second hand. How true is that?
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by EbuGeneral(m): 9:34am On May 27, 2018
GionneeX1s
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by EbuGeneral(m): 9:37am On May 27, 2018
directonpc:
Gionee is known for Good battery life and durability. I have used a Gionee device from January 2016 till date and I am typing this comment from the device. It's very rugged.

Gionee X1s is one of the best devices that you can get for less than 40k. Better grab the opportunity to order one from http://7rl.in/jAnd (Jumia link)

GionneeX1s is above 40k
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by serikiYCU(m): 9:39am On May 27, 2018
directonpc:

40k? Are sure?
Re: Gionee X1s, Infinix Hot 6 Or Redmi 5a? by directonpc(m): 9:47am On May 27, 2018
serikiYCU:

40k? Are sure?
You can see for yourself http://7rl.in/jAnd (less than 40k)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! / Tecno Camon C8 Full Unboxing And First Impression / Mtn Zlt M30s 4g Lte Mifi Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.