Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,481 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

Selling In Church – What Does The Bible Say? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Selling In Church – What Does The Bible Say? (9180 Views)

Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? / Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?) / " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Selling In Church – What Does The Bible Say? by Johngee07: 8:01am On May 27, 2018
What others do in the church barzer which is not biblical
Re: Selling In Church – What Does The Bible Say? by frubben(m): 8:02am On May 27, 2018
church matter I no dey chook mat put oooo. cos Nigeria is so religious and worship there pastor.
Re: Selling In Church – What Does The Bible Say? by kajsa08: 8:16am On May 27, 2018
yea, it's very wrong. It's frowned upon in Mfm. Any venue owned by the church has its stores outside the grounds.
Re: Selling In Church – What Does The Bible Say? by cbrass(m): 8:57am On May 27, 2018
kajsa08:
yea, it's very wrong.
It's frowned upon in Mfm.
Any venue owned by the church has its stores outside the grounds.

Who are u crazy about
Re: Selling In Church – What Does The Bible Say? by orisa37: 9:52am On May 27, 2018
Turning Worship into Merchandise God sees your heart and He will judge you.
Re: Selling In Church – What Does The Bible Say? by Nobody: 9:57am On May 27, 2018
SoNature the Catholic church prohibits any form of selling whatsoever in a duly dedicated church.
You need to be properly informed.
Re: Selling In Church – What Does The Bible Say? by kajsa08: 11:13am On May 27, 2018
cbrass:

Who are u crazy about
my husband cheesy

1 Like

Re: Selling In Church – What Does The Bible Say? by mechanics(m): 12:08pm On May 27, 2018
The Bible preached against it.
Re: Selling In Church – What Does The Bible Say? by Gbengageorge: 12:13pm On May 27, 2018
Bro, I feel you. Had the same experience when my mum did hers.

pol23:
Religion isn't just a good way to go by.
Without religion you might probably not hate that guy or that woman.
Christianity in Nigeria preaches hates more than love.
Church in Nigeria will pray and fast when a rich member is sick,but won't noticed of a broke Nigga didn't attend the service for month.
When my mom became a deaconess many years ago,she cooked a lot of food hoping the church members will come and celebrate with her at home after service...yes only 2 guy came....every other chooses a rich guy house who was also ordained Elder that day despite that his house is farther....Churches in Nigeria will only add more to your problem as a broke guy...some families name are just more popular on pastor's tongues because they're richer.

Back to the question.

Churches always act like they are trying to generate funds for the good of the church which is the truth...depending on what you call the good of the church.
Goods of the church includes:
Pastors rolling in Rolls Royce.
Pastors living exclusive lifes.
Pastor funding the overseas vacations,but the will call it work of GOD.
In the past we've seen every big pastors in Nigeria bought private jet except Deeper life.
We've heard of pastors spending sleeky bitches buying them cars.
We've seen churches setting up school their average members couldn't attend.
The new trend Christian's are not seeing is the idolized of pastors name....I've been to MFM heard them pray to the God of Olukoya,redeem prayed to God of Adeboye,Winners prayed to God of Papa...it might seems cool,but Na so e dey start...Wetin happens to the name of Jesus...I have given you a name that's above all name,In Jesus name every knee shall bow....But Nigerians Christians are taking another turn.
Re: Selling In Church – What Does The Bible Say? by Nodogragra4me(m): 12:18pm On May 27, 2018
Once the sales point don't obstruct the service then I don't have issue with it. I have been to some churches where while the father or announcer is introducing a new material like book, you find some people hawking it pew by pew right inside the church.

Samsimple:
When the topic of selling something in church is discussed, the most common accounts debated are those involving Jesus cleansing the temple.

In one instance, Jesus said,"Is it not written, 'My house shall be called a house of prayer for all the nations'? But you have made it a den of robbers" (Mark 11:17 ).

How do these accounts apply to selling in today's churches?

First, the temple and today's local churches are two different contexts. In the Jewish temple, Jesus condemned the profit-making taking place over an activity that was to be a time of worship. Merchants sold animals for the required Jewish sacrifices and money-changers exchanged currency for the required temple tax. Rather than do these things as a service to the Jewish travelers arriving at the temple, it became a moneymaking business focused on profit. Jesus drove out those who sold and bought in the temple courts.

Second, the local church is the gathering of believers, not the building in which they meet. Though many people view the building as the church, this is not the biblical definition. Unlike the temple, a church building is not defiled or made unclean over buying and selling in the same way as the temple was.

Each church must determine what is appropriate for its congregation. While offering music, books, or other helpful Christian resources may be appropriate for a congregation, other items or ways of selling may cause concern among members or the local community. The goal must be to gather to honor God and to show His love to others above buying and selling.

few helpful guidelines a local church would likely wish to adopt could include:

1. No donations or purchases are required for those attending church services.
2. No high-pressure sales.
3. Selling must be in some way related to helping the mission of the church rather than simply making a profit.
4. Church leadership must approve items presented for sale during a worship service.
5. Items sold must conform to local, state, and national laws regarding sales.

A local congregation may choose other guidelines as well. For example, some churches refrain from signage in the auditorium regarding items for sale. Other churches will not present sales from the front area, referring all sales to the bulletin or lobby outside of the worship area. Each congregation should carefully consider how to best handle such concerns in a way that honors God and cares for the needs of the congregation best.

https://www.compellingtruth.org/selling-in-church.html

1 Like

Re: Selling In Church – What Does The Bible Say? by Nodogragra4me(m): 12:22pm On May 27, 2018
Fyi0:
SoNature the Catholic church prohibits any form of selling whatsoever in a duly dedicated church.
You need to be properly informed.

You mean a properly dedicated Catholic Church doesn't sell bulletin. The extract of Bible verse and church announcements... That means there is no properly dedicated Catholic Church in Nigeria for

Every Catholic Church I have been to sells materials like rosary, scapular, books by Rev Fathers within the church.
Re: Selling In Church – What Does The Bible Say? by Nodogragra4me(m): 12:29pm On May 27, 2018
ZombiePUNISHER:
Pentecostal churches are selling Jesus at a discount

Just to buy private jets and build universities that only the rich can afford...

One man will come out of no where and open a church and call himself daddy G. O

Rubbish

I am yet to see a pentecostal church that does bazaar and raffle draws.

It I was actually the Catholic Church that invented purgatory and used same to defraud their members by selling what she calls indulgence to them by lying that their dead relatives where warehouse in purgatory and could get quick access to heaven on payment of certain amount of money.

The Vatican was actually built with money from indulgence
Re: Selling In Church – What Does The Bible Say? by Nodogragra4me(m): 12:32pm On May 27, 2018
ZombiePUNISHER:

That's trademark of Pentecostal churches
It is driven by the quest to acquire wealth

Then what about bazaar and raffle draws.... What about those tables that looks like a alfa sales points with different colours of beads called rosary, pax products,healing stones that is supposed to attached itself to your body parts where you have poison. Even the scripture is sold piecemeal as bulletin.

Have you been to any pentecostals church activities where you have chief launcher or people are made to compete in bazaar for rams and yam and it goes to the highest bidder

What are those sales activities designed to acquire?
Re: Selling In Church – What Does The Bible Say? by Nobody: 1:34pm On May 27, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

You mean a properly dedicated Catholic Church doesn't sell bulletin. The extract of Bible verse and church announcements... That means there is no properly dedicated Catholic Church in Nigeria for

Every Catholic Church I have been to sells materials like rosary, scapular, books by Rev Fathers within the church.
Not inside the church building, rather outside the church or in the church premises.
Not inside the church
Re: Selling In Church – What Does The Bible Say? by Nodogragra4me(m): 2:51pm On May 27, 2018
Fyi0:

Not inside the church building, rather outside the church or in the church premises.
Not inside the church

The only church where I have seen books and father tansi cd been sold right inside the church while announcement is going on is the Catholic Church and God can bear me witness.
Re: Selling In Church – What Does The Bible Say? by Nodogragra4me(m): 2:56pm On May 27, 2018
pol23:
Religion isn't just a good way to go by.
Without religion you might probably not hate that guy or that woman.
Christianity in Nigeria preaches hates more than love.
Church in Nigeria will pray and fast when a rich member is sick,but won't noticed of a broke Nigga didn't attend the service for month.
When my mom became a deaconess many years ago,she cooked a lot of food hoping the church members will come and celebrate with her at home after service...yes only 2 guy came....every other chooses a rich guy house who was also ordained Elder that day despite that his house is farther....Churches in Nigeria will only add more to your problem as a broke guy...some families name are just more popular on pastor's tongues because they're richer.

Back to the question.

Churches always act like they are trying to generate funds for the good of the church which is the truth...depending on what you call the good of the church.
Goods of the church includes:
Pastors rolling in Rolls Royce.
Pastors living exclusive lifes.
Pastor funding the overseas vacations,but the will call it work of GOD.
In the past we've seen every big pastors in Nigeria bought private jet except Deeper life.
We've heard of pastors spending sleeky bitches buying them cars.
We've seen churches setting up school their average members couldn't attend.
The new trend Christian's are not seeing is the idolized of pastors name....I've been to MFM heard them pray to the God of Olukoya,redeem prayed to God of Adeboye,Winners prayed to God of Papa...it might seems cool,but Na so e dey start...Wetin happens to the name of Jesus...I have given you a name that's above all name,In Jesus name every knee shall bow....But Nigerians Christians are taking another turn.

You can only have problem with the bolded if you don't have a Bible....#bulletingang

1 Like

Re: Selling In Church – What Does The Bible Say? by cbrass(m): 3:22pm On May 27, 2018
kajsa08:

my husband cheesy

Hmm ok oo.. Is here on nairaland ni, and BTW what's his moniker wink
Re: Selling In Church – What Does The Bible Say? by kajsa08: 5:12pm On May 27, 2018
cbrass:

Hmm ok oo.. Is here on nairaland ni, and BTW what's his moniker wink
ain't telling.
Re: Selling In Church – What Does The Bible Say? by cbrass(m): 6:47pm On May 27, 2018
kajsa08:

ain't telling.

Why don't u let me be crazy about you too wink
Re: Selling In Church – What Does The Bible Say? by Nobody: 6:20am On May 28, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

The only church where I have seen books and father tansi cd been sold right inside the church while announcement is going on is the Catholic Church and God can bear me witness.
It is either the church has not been duly dedicated or the incident you witnessed was an irregularity.

But Church rule prohibits any sale whatsoever inside the church.
Meanwhile selling of items inside the church is not INTRINSICALLY wrong, that is, it is not bad in itself.

Yes the church needs reforms and the church always reforms ... Ecclesia semper reformanda. But it already has a rule about sales in the church.
Re: Selling In Church – What Does The Bible Say? by Nodogragra4me(m): 7:44am On May 28, 2018
Fyi0:

It is either the church has not been duly dedicated or the incident you witnessed was an irregularity.

But Church rule prohibits any sale whatsoever inside the church.
Meanwhile selling of items inside the church is not INTRINSICALLY wrong, that is, it is not bad in itself.

Yes the church needs reforms and the church always reforms ... Ecclesia semper reformanda. But it already has a rule about sales in the church.

Is there any church without a rule on sales of items, of any kind within her premises.
BTW, the church you imagine to not be duly dedicated is called Mother of the Redeemer Catholic Church... Airport Road Junction,Effurun. It is easily one of the biggest Catholic Church under the Warri archdiocis....... What exactly do you mean by 'duly dedicated'
Re: Selling In Church – What Does The Bible Say? by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 28, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

Is there any church without a rule on sales of items, of any kind within her premises.
BTW, the church you imagine to not be duly dedicated is called Mother of the Redeemer Catholic Church... Airport Road Junction,Effurun. It is easily one of the biggest Catholic Church under the Warri archdiocis....... What exactly do you mean by 'duly dedicated'
Bro please reread my post. I also mentioned it could be an irregularity. Definitely it was an abnormality.

That's why St Faustina enjoined us to pray for our priests and for the holy mother Church.
Re: Selling In Church – What Does The Bible Say? by Nodogragra4me(m): 3:14am On May 29, 2018
Fyi0:

Bro please reread my post. I also mentioned it could be an irregularity. Definitely it was an abnormality.

That's why St Faustina enjoined us to pray for our priests and for the holy mother Church.

I don't know or care about a Faustina, I know the scripture asked us to pray for the manifestation of the kingdom of God here on earth.
Re: Selling In Church – What Does The Bible Say? by Nobody: 3:56am On May 29, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

I don't know or care about a Faustina, I know the scripture asked us to pray for the manifestation of the kingdom of God here on earth.
Okay
Re: Selling In Church – What Does The Bible Say? by kajsa08: 1:13pm On May 29, 2018
cbrass:

grin I can see guard room in your very near future. grin
Re: Selling In Church – What Does The Bible Say? by kajsa08: 1:13pm On May 29, 2018
cbrass:

cbrass:

Re: Selling In Church – What Does The Bible Say? by cbrass(m): 5:43pm On May 29, 2018
kajsa08:

Guard room keh? Abeg oo grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help, I Want To Become An Atheist / Why Is African Traditional Religion Seen As Demonic? / Why Are Our Christian Leaders Quiet On This Fuel Subsidy Issue?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.