Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil (4090 Views)

Tears As Gov. Wike Visits Ogoni Killings Arena - Photos / Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) / Nigerian Troops Record Great Victory As They Clear Boko Haram Camps.graphic Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by paddylo1(m): 6:21pm On May 27, 2010
[size=14pt]Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil[/size]
Font size:    CHRIS BROOKE, DAILY MAIL. 26/05/2010 09:15:00

A woman drove a man to suicide by crying despoil and forced a second innocent man to consider taking his life after falsely accusing him of a similar intimacy attack.
Despite being exposed in court as a serial liar, legal restrictions mean the 21-year-old woman can never be identified.

A jury took only 45 minutes to clear medical student [size=13pt]Olumide Fadayomi[/size], 27, of despoil.
But several jurors at Sheffield Crown Court broke down in tears when the judge revealed the 'victim' had a history of crying despoil.
Judge Patrick Robertshaw launched a stinging attack on the Crown Prosecution Service for making Mr. Fadayomi stand trial.
He said: 'The evidence did not, and was never going to, prove despoil. The prime overriding consideration in the CPS's decision had been merely that the complainant wished the case to go ahead.
'It was little short of a craven abdication of responsibility for making an independent and fair-minded assessment of the case.
'It is quite astonishing these decisions are made by those who simply do not have experience of what happens in Crown Court because they never come into Crown Court.
'They sit behind desks and make decisions that result in this sort of trial taking place.'
The judge revealed how 18 months earlier the same woman had made an allegation of despoil.
He said the case never reached court because it was 'lacking in credibility', but the accused man committed suicide 'when facing that allegation'.
After failing to have this first 'rapist' brought to court, the woman set about framing Mr. Fadayomi, a stranger she met in a nightclub.
[size=14pt][b]The woman claimed Mr. Fadayomi attacked her in a house he shared in Walkley, Sheffield.
But a friend, who was with her that evening, told the court the woman danced and kissed Mr. Fadayomi, boasting: 'I'm going to have his body tonight.'
The woman later told her friend she planned to accuse the student of despoil, saying: 'He is not going to get away with it, I've got evidence this time.'
Mr. Fadayomi told the jury the woman had agreed to intimacy. He said: 'She never told me to stop and neither did she resist.'
The student, from Nigeria, was doing a biomedical sciences course at the University of East London, but the incident happened in October when he went to Sheffield to do a ten-week music production course during a study break.
After the case Mr. Fadayomi recalled how the woman propositioned him by telling him she liked his 'perfume' and that 'she wouldn't mind having me that night'.
They later returned to his house, where they had intimacy. Mr. Fadayomi then gave her and gave her money for a taxi and she left. He said he went out to buy food at 6am and police were waiting for him on his return.

Mr. Fadayomi said of his ordeal: 'My life has been hell for the last seven months. I thought about taking my own life.
'I've not been able to sleep properly since all this happened. Some of my friends shunned me and my parents in Nigeria were heartbroken and scared of what might happen to me.'[/b][/size]
Naheed Hussain, Chief Crown Prosecutor for CPS South Yorkshire, last night defended the decision to bring the case but said he would conduct a review following the judge's comments 'to see if any lessons can be learned'.
He said: 'The decision to prosecute was taken by a senior lawyer. We were satisfied there was sufficient evidence not only from the complainant but from another witness whose evidence supported that of the complainant.'
The law allows defendants accused of despoil to be named, but the government intends to introduce anonymity for alleged rapists until conviction.
http://thewillnigeria.com/general/4657-Jurors-Tears-They-Clear-Nigerian-Student-despoil.html
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by paddylo1(m): 6:26pm On May 27, 2010
Ol boy. . everyone be careful of this Nasty women. . that are too quick to frame u on a rape charge
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by otawa: 7:13pm On May 27, 2010
But a friend, who was with her that evening, told the court the woman danced and kissed Mr. Fadayomi, boasting: 'I'm going to have his body tonight

He should go and thank that WOMAN for being honest and thank his stars.

Others were not so lucky. And dont got framed easily.

A lesson for others, ask her to sign conset papers next time.

Some of my friends shunned me and my parents in Nigeria were heartbroken and scared of what might happen to me.'

and we should stick to our good friends no matter what.
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by Cohomology: 7:38pm On May 27, 2010
Can someone get the identity of that bi.tch and put it up?

How can they reveal the name of the defendant and leave out the name of the victim liar?

May God punish all the bi.tches who lie about ra.pe just to punish a man.

If I ever become a judge (happy to be an engineer, thanks), all ra.pe cases must be proven beyond reasonable doubt. No conviction without hard evidence; crying in my court alone to attract sympathy will never send any man to jail. Never! Also, any bi.tch found to have lied WILL be prosecuted for perjury and jailed! F$@king bi.tches!
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by dayokanu(m): 7:50pm On May 27, 2010
This is a sad case. But how can a man escape all this?

If you break up with your gf, She might call the police that you raped her 6 months ago.

I tire jor
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by Cohomology: 7:58pm On May 27, 2010
dayokanu:

If you break up with your gf, She might call the police that you despoiled her 6 months ago.

I tire jor

The state, before bringing the case to the court must go beyond the singular testimony of a potentially vengeful woman. No rape case should go to trial solely on the basis of "sob sob he raped me sob sob".
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by asha80(m): 8:00pm On May 27, 2010
Cohomology:

Can someone get the identity of that bi.tch and put it up?

How can they reveal the name of the defendant and leave out the name of the victim liar?

May God punish all the bi.tches who lie about ra.pe just to punish a man.

If I ever become a judge (happy to be an engineer, thanks), all ra.pe cases must be proven beyond reasonable doubt. No conviction without hard evidence; crying in my court alone to attract sympathy will never send any man to jail. Never! Also, any bi.tch found to have lied WILL be prosecuted for perjury and jailed! F$@king bi.tches!

shocked grin cheesy
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by bkbabe97: 8:18pm On May 27, 2010
paddy_lo:

Ol boy. . everyone be careful of this Nasty women. . that are too quick to frame u on a despoil charge

Or just be like me, put cameras around your crib, it dont cost much! maybe just the living room and bedroom . . . . . Yah, I know, I'm a nasty nigga, but, aint no ho setting me up for R.a.*pe! I'm too young, fly, goodlooking and paid to go down on some dumb ish like that
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by deor03(m): 8:21pm On May 27, 2010
That's a lucky Nigerian.

A lot of guys are not that lucky with those British b.itches
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 27, 2010
I hope casnovas like chamotex and chic2pimp can learn a thing or two from this.

Women, thou name is wicked! grin
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 27, 2010
dayokanu:

If you break up with your gf, She might call the police that you despoiled her 6 months ago.

I tire jor
Its not as easy as that. . . . I dont know how they convicted that first "suspect" without any proof of evidence.

Dont know how UK Criminal Unit is run, but it aint that easy.
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by SLIGHT(m): 8:34pm On May 27, 2010
Lucky him, those jobless ones among the brits esp. the babes will doing anything for 'compensation', including false accusation, the next time go to d uk u'd beta be careful
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by paddylo1(m): 8:35pm On May 27, 2010
Or just be like me, put cameras around your crib, it dont cost much! maybe just the living room and bedroom . . . . . Yah, I know, I'm a nasty nigga, but, aint no ho setting me up for R.a.*pe! I'm too young, fly, goodlooking and paid to go down on some dumb ish like that

That might actually make it worse.  .i think its a crime to film someone n.a.k.e.d without her consent
Further more the Jury may not be very sympathetic when they find out u filmed the lady accusing u of despoil without her consent
especially the females on the jury. .

Bottom line just be careful.  .and avoid these white women cause they seem to have the most issues
Just look at Kobe. . In short stick to naija girls
i no fit shout
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by illusion2: 8:40pm On May 27, 2010
The guy's a bit silly if you ask me.

Just four days after arriving the UK prob after numerous prayer,fasting & vigils + appeals , he took home a total stranger. . . . shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Shoulda leant from 'African China' angry
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 27, 2010
These investigators are very foolish. Still trying to wrqp my mind around how they can:

1. Convict someone without sound evidence. [eg. clawing in inner thigh, abrasion of the womanliness, teeth marks on his pe//nis etc]

2. How can you not be able to identify the accuser? This is her second time accusing someone of despoil

3. If you couldnt identify her, then how were you sure it was despoil?

silly useless detectives/agents
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by SLIGHT(m): 8:47pm On May 27, 2010
Due process slows down justice
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by Nobody: 8:52pm On May 27, 2010
I see. . . .
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by dayokanu(m): 9:00pm On May 27, 2010
The state, before bringing the case to the court must go beyond the singular testimony of a potentially vengeful woman. No despoil case should go to trial solely on the basis of "sob sob he despoiled me sob sob".

In a rape case, Do you think they listen to the guys story? This dude was just lucky, lots of guys are rotting in jail for similar issues.

I think bk/babes idea makes sense. install a camera
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 27, 2010
dayokanu:

In a despoil case, Do you think they listen to the guys story? This dude was just lucky, lots of guys are rotting in jail for similar issues.

I think bk/babes idea makes sense. install a camera

Like someone else said, it'll be violating her privacy by recording her while having intimacy without her knowing. In US, it's illegal, not sure about UK tho
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by dayokanu(m): 9:06pm On May 27, 2010
Bottom line just be careful.  .and avoid these white women cause they seem to have the most issues
i no fit shout

Dont be mistakened. Naija girls are equally as bad.

I don see a NAIJA woman that was shouting and clapping in the face of her husband. Next thing she said I would even call 911 for you and she went to the phone, dialled 911 and started sobbing that her husband is beating her, she started roughening her hair.

The grouse was that she suspected her husband was cheating but because there is no law against cheating she claimed domestic violence.

The husband ran away before the cops came but she gave them his SSn, DOb type of car and even plate number.

Even if you wan prove the case, you have to spend like 12 months of your life in jail!!!

Infact one Naija dude warned me never to smile at a Naija girl in Dallas because thats the way they roll if you should break up with them.
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by dayokanu(m): 9:08pm On May 27, 2010
Like someone else said, it'll be violating her privacy by recording her while having intimacy without her knowing. In US, it's illegal, not sure about UK tho

So how do you prove your innocence when only 2 of you were there.

The thing that helped the guy in question was that there was a third party who testified this was after the guy has spent 8months in Jail and his name is all over the press as a rapist.

I would rather face a violation of privacy rap than a ra.pe case
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 27, 2010
dayokanu:

So how do you prove your innocence when only 2 of you were there.

The thing that helped the guy in question was that there was a third party who testified this was after the guy has spent 8months in Jail and his name is all over the press as a rapist.

I would rather face a violation of privacy rap than a ra.pe case
They look for evidence of rape.

And consistency of story of what happened during investigation. No matter how you sugar coat lies, eventually you'll taste the bitterness.

And of course, there's no perfect system. The guilty walks, the innocent rot, the innocent walk, the guilty rots.

In this case, its a white chick and a Nigerian dude in UK, so. . . . and looking at how long he's been at UK. . . . . he's very very very lucky.

The innocence of that boy that committed suicide will never be known.
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by dayokanu(m): 9:21pm On May 27, 2010
While they are looking for evidence which they might never find the whole world already tags you as a rapis, t, You already lose your job, your famile, your friends and are in jail for a long time.

Before it goes that far when the cops come to your house if only you have shown them the tapes, and battle a invasion of privacy than a ra-pe
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by Nobody: 9:24pm On May 27, 2010
Lol I get what you're saying.

Oti o, men will start using video tapes? Another reason why I'm celibate " grin "
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by SEFAGO(m): 9:31pm On May 27, 2010
^are u sure that is the only reason grin
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 27, 2010
SEFAGO:

^are u sure that is the only reason grin
angry What else could there be?
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by dayokanu(m): 9:34pm On May 27, 2010
We men too have to protect ourselves.

Both parties have sex, its only the man that would get sued for rap-e
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by Nobody: 9:36pm On May 27, 2010
dayokanu:

We men too have to protect ourselves.

Both parties have intimacy, its only the man that would get sued for rap-e
It's not a man's world after all.

lol its harder to prove that a man was raped, if he decides to take it to court. Even if he tries to fight her back, she might later explained that she was trying to fight him back
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by bkbabe97: 9:43pm On May 27, 2010
paddy_lo:

That might actually make it worse.  .i think its a crime to film someone n.a.k.e.d without her consent
Further more the Jury may not be very sympathetic when they find out u filmed the lady accusing u of despoil without her consent
especially the females on the jury. .

i no fit shout

Sorry Paddy Lo ure wrong, wrong, wrong on all counts!!! Its not a crime to film whatever happens in your house in so far as u do so without malicious intent! If I set up the cameras, say, to help/aid/ assist law enforcement in the case of a probable burglary, then theres nothing wrong with setting up cameras within the perimeters of my property. Now, If I was having  se*x with females, filming it, then selling it online then thats another story!

Your second line is flawed as well. A jury that sees a video that vindicates me will be more worried about the fact that I did not inform the liar that she was being recorded than that I have been framed?!?! In what District are these jurors of yours residing? White, blacks, hispanics women r  all the same! Noone holds a monopoly in the wrongful accusation department.

Recently, some Nigerian girl in Brooklyn accused this one dude of ra. .pe  which led to dude jumping out the window of a 4th story building in order to avoid arrest; he shattered almost every bone in his body! When the truth was revealed  it showed that the lady in question had been found having  wild s.e.xx with her man's friend (the dude that jumped out the window)by her man, was ashamed, and to stop the "insults" her man was heaping on her after he found out his boy had hit it, made up the r.a.pe story! Her man (Lets call him Abbey- - - ) had come in from Boston, they (all 3) went to a club, Abbey came home drunk, the Mrs was Hot and Abbey couldnt do his manly duties, shiyyyt his friend was there and voila. . . . .

So, my point is. Pray it dont happen to u. Or better yet, instead of praying, just put mad cameras around the crib!
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by dayokanu(m): 9:46pm On May 27, 2010
^^ Thank you.

Naija girl are equally as bad

don see a NAIJA woman that was shouting and clapping in the face of her husband. Next thing she said I would even call 911 for you and she went to the phone, dialled 911 and started sobbing that her husband is beating her, she started roughening her hair.

The grouse was that she suspected her husband was cheating but because there is no law against cheating she claimed domestic violence.

The husband ran away before the cops came but she gave them his SSn, DOb type of car and even plate number.

Even if you wan prove the case, you have to spend like 12 months of your life in jail!!!

Infact one Naija dude warned me never to smile at a Naija girl in Dallas because thats the way they roll if you should break up with them.
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by Nobody: 9:51pm On May 27, 2010
bk/babe97:

Sorry Paddy Lo ure wrong, wrong, wrong on all counts!!! Its not a crime to film whatever happens in your hour; in so far as u do so without malicious intent! If I set up the cameras, say, to help/aid/ assist law enforcement in the case of a probable burglary, then theres nothing wrong with setting up cameras within the perimeters of my property. Now, If I was having  with females, filming it, then selling it online then thats another story!

Your second line is flawed as well. A jury that sees a video that vindicates me will be more worried about the fact that I did not inform the liar that she was being recorded than that I have been framed?!?! In what District are these jurors of yours residing? White, blacks, hispanics women r  all the same! Noone holds a monopoly in the wrongful accusation department.

Recently, some Nigerian girl in Brooklyn accused this one dude of ra. .pe  which led to dude jumping out the window of a 4th story building in order to avoid arrest; he shattered almost every bone in his body! When the truth was revealed  it showed that the lady in question had been found having  wild s.e.xx with her man's friend (the dude that jumped out the window)by her man, was ashamed, and to stop the "insults" her man was heaping on her after he found out his boy had hit it, made up the r.a.pe story! Her man (Lets call him Abbey- - - ) had come in from Boston, they (all 3) went to a club, Abbey came home drunk, the Mrs was Hot and Abbey couldnt do his manly duties, shiyyyt his friend was there and voila. . . . .

So, my point is. Pray it dont happen to u. Or better yet, instead of praying, just put mad cameras around the crib!

Well, maybe she thought he was trynna rape her. Nigerian men should go and learn how to have se//x, always coming at you like they wanna attack you. The kiss sef na endurance.

And it is illegal to tape her while she's having sex. she can sue your a$$ in court for that, criminal intent or not. Why dont you try it and letz see what happens.
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by bkbabe97: 9:52pm On May 27, 2010
FL Gators:

Like someone else said, it'll be violating her privacy by recording  her while having intimacy without her knowing. In US, it's illegal, not sure about UK tho

Invasion of Privacy is when I stand outside your crib with a camera pointed at your window. PROTECTING MYSELF/PROPERTY is having cameras running 24-7, filming everything that happens[b] within[/b] the confines of my abode! No invasion of privacy here as far as the recording was not done with malicious intent!

FL Gators:

Well, maybe she thought he was trynna ra.pe her. Nigerian men should go and learn how to have se//x, always coming at you like they wanna attack you. The kiss sef na endurance.

Did u read the story or u just let sentiments take ova? She allowed dude to hit it cus her man was passed out, but then when ol boy started calling her names (cus he was mad his boy had eaten from his fruit) she decided to salvage the situation by calling dude a rapist!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairaland Online Poll: Jonathan Vs Buhari Vote Now! / How To Win Any Election In Nigeria : Redefine Your Political Strategy / Musings On The State Of Biafra - By Joe Onwukeme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.