Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,458 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil (4097 Views)

Tears As Gov. Wike Visits Ogoni Killings Arena - Photos / Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) / Nigerian Troops Record Great Victory As They Clear Boko Haram Camps.graphic Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by Nobody: 9:56pm On May 27, 2010
bk/babe97:

Invasion of Privacy is when I stand outside your crib with a camera pointed at your window. PROTECTING MYSELF/PROPERTY is having cameras running 24-7, filming everything that happens[b] within[/b] the confines of my abode! No invasion of privacy here as far as the recording was not done with malicious intent!

Well. . . . this makes sense IF and ONLY IF the camera was set up and always been up before the period of allegation.

HOWEVER, If the video was set up just for the period of intimacy, to record you two doing it, then she can sue your arse for

How do you define malicious intent? Letz be str8 about this one
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by bkbabe97: 10:06pm On May 27, 2010
FL Gators:

Well, maybe she thought he was trynna despoil her. Nigerian men should go and learn how to have se//x, always coming at  you like they wanna attack you. The kiss sef na endurance.

And it is illegal to tape her while she's having intimacy. she can sue your a$$ in court for that, criminal intent or not. Why dont you try it and letz see what happens.

Its always fun to see people yap about what they have no idea about. No matter how sentimental this subject makes you, I'll tell u again: I can film anything that happens within [/b]the confines of my home, AS FAR AS ITS DONE WITHOUT MALICIOUS INTENT!!! I have cameras in my home, most times I dont even remember they're there, am I expected to start disconnecting everything when I bring a chic home? Are u serious?! As long as Im not sitting around with my boys and watching her moan and pant, and I'm not, say, selling the video of my se.xcapades on the net, trust me hun, I'm home free on this one!!!

Lemme give u a few examples. See, those NFL and NBA  stars u admire so much, if you think most of them aint got cameras recording everything that happens [b]INSIDE [/b]their cribs, [b]INCLUDING
their bedrooms, U must be off your rocker! All the groupies they take home everyday from the clubs and ish. . . . I have a friend that plays for the Bills, if u must know. And "son aint going down like that". And thats his saying!
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by Nigerd(m): 10:09pm On May 27, 2010
the jurors get time dey cry for am, who send am msg, i think this a lesson for the boi, let him go am marry and stop such Act,
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by Nobody: 10:12pm On May 27, 2010
bk/babe97:

Its always fun to see people yap about what they have no idea about. No matter how sentimental this subject makes you, I'll tell u again: I can film anything that happens within [/b]the confines of my home, AS FAR AS ITS DONE WITHOUT MALICIOUS INTENT!!! I have cameras in my home, most times I dont even remember they're there, am I expected to start disconnecting everything when I bring a chic home? Are u serious?! As long as Im not sitting around with my boys and watching her moan and pant, and I'm not, say, selling the video of my se.xcapades on the net, trust me hun, I'm home free on this one!!!

Lemme give u a few examples. See, those NFL and NBA  stars u admire so much, if you think most of them aint got cameras everything that happens [b]INSIDE [/b]their cribs, [b]INCLUDING
their bedrooms, U must be off your rocker! All the groupies they take home everyday from the clubs and ish. . . . I have a friend that plays for the Bills, if u must know. And "son aint going down like that". And thats his saying!

Can you read simple English?

FL Gators:

Well. . . . this makes sense IF and ONLY IF the camera was set up and always been up before the period of allegation.

HOWEVER, If the video was set up just for the period of intimacy, to record you two doing it, then she can sue your arse for

How do you define malicious intent? Letz be str8 about this one

Nobody is telling you not to film yourself. . . . I'm saying, if she wants to sue you for invasion of privacy, then the time of installment of the tapes can cost you a lot. Even if the cameras were put up for your safety.

If the cops found out that the cameras were put on just for the sake of video taping the "intimacy", then you can be found guilty.  And yes, with proper tech, the period of installment can be found out.
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by bkbabe97: 10:13pm On May 27, 2010
Malicious intent is any action u take that was done with the[b] clear[/b] aim of causing harm, damage, inujry, or death. Harm (such as the case we're debating) could mean intentional infliction of emotional distress (which would most likely be the only accusation the recorded female can bring, albeit, failingly).
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by Borat1: 10:16pm On May 27, 2010
Tough luck. .
If it was me, the only tears being shed will be at the girls funeral cool
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 27, 2010
bk/babe97:

Malicious intent is any action u take that was done with the[b] clear[/b] aim of causing harm, damage, inujry, or death. Harm (such as the case we're debating) could mean intentional infliction of emotional distress (which would most likely be the only accusation the recorded female can bring, albeit, failingly).
If the tapes were set up for safety only and not just to tape the intimacy [tough luck proving that], then no malicious intent.

However, if you installed the camera, to video tape the intimacy without her knowing, then there will be a problem. Especially when your house is searched and million of intimacy videos of you and other women are found in your cabinet ["for safety"]
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by bkbabe97: 10:22pm On May 27, 2010
FL Gators:

Hun, no need to get ur panties in a bunch! I know it seems like I disparaged you even after reading your post, I didnt! I guess we were posting at the same time cus I was responding to your previous post! So, yes, to answer your question: I can read simple english!

FL Gators:

Nobody is telling you not to film yourself. . . . I'm saying, if she wants to sue you for invasion of privacy, then the time of installment of the tapes  can cost you a lot. Even if the cameras were put up for your safety.

If the cops found out that the cameras were put on just for the sake of video taping the "intimacy", then you can be found guilty.  And yes, with proper tech, the period of installment can be found out.  

Babes, theres no time installment of anything, its all digital now and relatively cheap. There are no tapes involved!The part where u said if the cops found out that the camera was put there for the s.*e.x period. . . . ?!?! Hogwash! Not to diss u, u have no idea wut ure talking about! It all boils down to these two words: MALICIOUS INTENT!!!You want me to blow ur mind a bit?  The dude I told u plays for the Bills, sometimes, he lets the female know that she's being recorded asks her if she wants to continue, and they go from there. . . .
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by bkbabe97: 10:26pm On May 27, 2010
FL Gators:

If the tapes were set up for safety only and not just to tape the intimacy [tough luck proving that], then no malicious intent.

However, if you installed the camera, to video tape the intimacy without her knowing, then there will be a problem. Especially when your house is searched and million of intimacy videos of you and other women are found in your cabinet ["for safety"]

Ok, this convo ends now! Its like Im discussing with my wall! Did u miss where I kept talking about not putting it on the internet or watching it with friends? I know ure trying ur darndest to either sound smart like you know what ure talking about (which u clearly dont) or youre just sentimental about the whole "someone" potentially recording u issue. Either way, Im done. U want anything else refer to my earlier posts!
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 27, 2010
bk/babe97:

Hun, no need to get your panties in a bunch! I know it seems like I disparaged you even after reading your post, I didnt! I guess we were posting at the same time cus I was responding to your previous post! So, yes, to answer your question: I can read simple english!

Babes, theres no time installment of anything, its all digital now and relatively cheap. There are no tapes involved!The part where u said if the cops found out that the camera was put there for the s.*e.x period. . . . ?!?! Hogwash! Not to diss u, u have no idea wut ure talking about! It all boils down to these two words: MALICIOUS INTENT!!!You want me to blow your mind a bit?  The dude I told u plays for the Bills, sometimes, he lets the female know that she's being recorded asks her if she wants to continue, and they go from there. . . .

I think we're talking about two different things.

1.  You're talking about installing cameras in your house for safety.

2. I'm talking about you installng the camera just to video tape the sex. That's not for safety, sweety. Thatz invasion of privacy.

I sincerely hope you dont go on thinking that video taping women while you're having sex for your safety is going to hold water in court.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10645290
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 27, 2010
bk/babe97:

Ok, this convo ends now! Its like Im discussing with my wall! Did u miss where I kept talking about not putting it on the internet or watching it with friends? I know ure trying your darndest to either sound smart like you know what ure talking about (which u clearly dont) or youre just sentimental about the whole "someone" potentially recording u issue. Either way, Im done. U want anything else refer to my earlier posts!

So your cabinet is now your internet?

Where did I say you were watching it with friends? Once again, can you or can you not comprehend simple English? You're only insulting yourself.
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by paddylo1(m): 10:33pm On May 27, 2010
Sorry Paddy Lo ure wrong, wrong, wrong on all counts!!! Its not a crime to film whatever happens in your hour; in so far as u do so without malicious intent! If I set up the cameras, say, to help/aid/ assist law enforcement in the case of a probable burglary, then theres nothing wrong with setting up cameras within the perimeters of my property. Now, If I was having  with females, filming it, then selling it online then thats another story!

Your second line is flawed as well. A jury that sees a video that vindicates me will be more worried about the fact that I did not inform the liar that she was being recorded than that I have been framed?!?! In what District are these jurors of yours residing? White, blacks, hispanics women r  all the same! Noone holds a monopoly in the wrongful accusation department.

Recently, some Nigerian girl in Brooklyn accused this one dude of ra. .pe  which led to dude jumping out the window of a 4th story building in order to avoid arrest; he shattered almost every bone in his body! When the truth was revealed  it showed that the lady in question had been found having  wild s.e.xx with her man's friend (the dude that jumped out the window)by her man, was ashamed, and to stop the "insults" her man was heaping on her after he found out his boy had hit it, made up the r.a.pe story! Her man (Lets call him Abbey- - - ) had come in from Boston, they (all 3) went to a club, Abbey came home drunk, the Mrs was Hot and Abbey couldnt do his manly duties, shiyyyt his friend was there and voila. . . . .

So, my point is. Pray it dont happen to u. Or better yet, instead of praying, just put mad cameras around the crib!

@bk babe. .
you miss the point.  .u are assuming the video will vindicate you.  .but i am assuring you the Video will make u look more as a sleazeball and help convict u

The lady can claim u despoiled her in the kitchen,or living room after the video scene. .
she can claim u attacked her after she learnt u were filming her without her consent

Its her word against u homie. . that video will just make it seem like u lure innocent girls home film them n.a.k.e.d and then kick them out
Holier than thou type of jurors will not wait to lock u up and throw away the key to protect their precious kids(s.l.u.t.s if u ask me),from u the pervert

as for your third point i guess b.i.t.c.h.es will be b.i.t.c.h.es.  .black white or green
although i still think naija chicks will be hard pressed to do u like that
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by Nobody: 10:35pm On May 27, 2010
paddy_lo:

@bk babe. .
you miss the point.  .u are assuming the video will vindicate you.  .but i am assuring you the Video will make u look more as a sleazeball and help convict u

The lady can claim u despoiled her in the kitchen,or living room after the video scene. .
she can claim u attacked her after she learnt u were filming her without her consent

Its her word against u homie. . that video will just make it seem like u lure innocent girls home film them n.a.k.e.d and then kick them out
Holier than thou type of jurors will not wait to lock u up and throw away the key to protect their precious kids(s.l.u.t.s if u ask me),from u the pervert

as for your third point i guess naughty woman.es will be naughty woman.es.  .black white or green
although i still think naija chicks will be hard pressed to do u like that

Thank you. Like seriously, which dumba$$ goes installing camera in his house just to prevent a rape charge?

Makes you seem more suspicious homie.
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by jensinmi(m): 11:28pm On May 27, 2010
The guy has my deepest condolences. However, I honestly do believe there's a lesson to be learnt from this.

I've learnt this one thing from my Mother

A man MUST not sleep with every woman that throws herself/ offers herself to him.

This is NUCKING FUTS!!! Am I the only one that gets this point?? Is it normal for a guy to take home a woman he doesn't know and just met for a few minutes in a club. Is that responsible?? Why are some men this spoilt??
Look at this scenario:
You're busy doing "fine boy/ fine man" in a club and a woman walks up to you and says "hello,  your perfume smells great. Oh, btw,  I won't mind having you tonight" and you say "YES"and take her to your house?? Come on. Is this not insanity?? This is wrong as far as I'm concerned o and shows one to be highly irresponsible and loose.

Now going on to this young man. I think he should kneel down and be thanking God for having mercy on him and  also thank all those that rose to his defense. It is true the woman lied, but let us not forget that this represents only few of the cases. There are really men out there that rape women who come across their path. Look at the son of Prof. Adeniran in the US for example who was caught on tape gang-raping a woman. To this end, a woman will always get benefit of the doubt in First world countries.

This is the 21st century, DNA evidence exists and is now almost always used in rape cases. In first world countries, it would be difficult for a woman to claim you raped her unless there is one piece of evidence,  and that evidence is semen. But DNA evidence doesn't help you much if you indeed had sex with the woman. If your semen is present on the rape kit, then you are in a lot of trouble. Bearing this in mind, why can't men be more careful about where they stick there "elements". He wasn't a fool. We know that. He was an educated young man. So,  why?? If not for an inability to control ones urge will he do something like have sex with a woman who approaches you in a club and says I want to be with you TONIGHT. Not even a woman he approached o. A woman who approached him. WTF!! The more common thing is for guys to chase girls in a club. Not a girl coming to you and telling you that she wants you "TONIGHT". Not that I'm saying one is better than the other.
There are many ways this could have ended badly.
-It coulda ended as just a fling.
-She coulda cried foul later and said he did and didn't want to pay her dues but it ended this way (BADLY)

Once again, I celebrate with this young man. "Mo ba e yo o".

But in my own humble opinion, I wish to state that this whole charade or "she-bang" would not have happened if he had not done something that I and a lot of Nigerians would consider foolish, reckless and irresponsible. Nowadays, in such countries, it is difficult to get prosecuted for raping a woman you never had sex with. To this end he cannot stand blameless in all that happened. Yeah,  he's not guilty o but a lot of people won't say he's 100% innocent. At least not innocent of gross stupidity. His parents didn't send him to the UK to "get his groove on"

I do hope this serves as a lesson to all those playas, ballers, shotcallers, "pimps,"ladies' men, fine boys, Doni Donis and other young men who think they can eat their cakes and have it and haven't yet gotten it into their heads that actions have consequences and these consequences are not always what we expect them to be. You can't always play with fire and expect never to get burnt.

He must have thought this cake was another he would eat and have at the same time. I don't even know if some of his friends may have urged him in the club - She want's you. Go ahead. Je mbe. Chop up. Enjoy your life!!!
May God punish all "friends" that wish to lead us astray. Awon Onijekuje!! shocked

Please, Please, Please Let us all consider the consequences of our actions before taking decisions.

Thank you very much. Y'all have a great day.

In the words of a great man - "I pity the fool"
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by bkbabe97: 11:44pm On May 27, 2010
FL Gators:

So your cabinet is now your internet?

Where did I say you were watching it with friends? Once again, can you or can you not comprehend simple English? You're only insulting yourself.

Like, for real, are you in college? How do u get good grades?! Why do u conveniently always ignore what the other person said and just keep on yapping your points! You do not make an argument like that. You win an argument by dissecting your opponents words, not gluing urs together as u go on. Where did I make reference to a cabinet full of videos? You made that assumption! Even when u made that assumption, I let you know that these days recordings are are digital!!! Did u miss that or are you the one that cant comprehend simple english? I see u keep coming at me sideways with your silly remarks, if u havent noticed I'm doing my best not to batter u verbally, keep pushing your luck tho. . . . .

Two, I did not say you said I "was watching it with friends". I made the "watching it with friends" scenario as an example of malicious intent! Do u get it now or do u still need lessons in english?

FL Gators:

Thank you. Like seriously, which dumba$$ goes installing camera in his house just to prevent a despoil charge?

Makes you seem more suspicious homie.

Dumbaszzes like your favorite actors, rappers, and athletes!!!

paddy_lo:

[color=#000099]@bk babe. .

[b]The lady can claim u despoiled her in the kitchen,or living room after the video scene. .

Dude, a video that shows us walking arm in arm into my room, her taking off her clothes and helping me do same? A video that shows her panting and screaming like your favorite po*rn star will send me to the joint? I'd like to know which Jury u intend to present that case to!

Paddy Lo, YOU are the one MISSING the point! Yes the video will exonerate me!!! Like I told Gators, READ YOUR ADVERSARY'S STATEMENT PROPERLY BEFORE MAKING A RETORT!!! She cannot claim that I ra.p.ed her AFTER any video scene because THERE IS NO AFTER IN THE RECORDINGS!!! The cameras in my home (which I used as an example) perpetually records every ,and any, events that takes place EVERYWHERE within my home and its confines!

Yes, you and Gators are right, filming JUST the s.*ex scene is clearly an invasion of privacy, but thats not what I kept on posting (refer to my earlier posts). My position was that cameras should be installed to Perpertually film everything that happens everywhere within the home! Get it? Im not saying when we're bout to get nasty I start turning on lenses and focals. Like I said, I never even remember that I got cameras installed in my home!

While I do not advocate that everyone whips out cameras b4 intercourse, do u sincerely think that a man is accused of despoil, is exonerated by a secret video and the next thing that will be on the D.A's mind is to "seriously" charge the mad for invasion of privacy of a false accuser? An accuser that is herself most likely on her way to prison for allowing false charges to be brought against an innocent man?

Dont get me wrong, I wouldnt doubt that an ambitious D.A with his back to the ropes in the court of public opinion will not  attempt to bring charges against the innocent man, but, lemme give you a lil inside scoop why he'll do that (charge for invasion of privacy after bringing false accusations against an innocent): FOR LEVERAGE! The innocent man is clearly gonna wanna sue for false arrest, false imprisonment ect, the D.A is about to lose his job, so, guess what he'll do? He'll tell the dude "Yeah, youre innocent, but you violated the misses' privacy by filming the encounter". He'll charge dude with invasion of privacy, promising to have the charge dropped in exchange of dude not suing for compensation for his ordeal! Why do u think most people exonerated from charges such as this, with similar scenario, never get Civil compensation? Because they've been coerced into waiving their rights to any claim they might have.

But assuming the innocent man decides to go "all the way", do u think the jury will convict? Huh? Especially, when they are reminded of the circumstances surrounding the case?!!? No, jury in The United States will convict; and thats going along with your scenario!!!!

Besides (even using yalls analogy) which would u rather battle; a ra.*pe charge or a invasion of privacy charge?!?! Consult Dayokanu for the[b] only sane[/b] answer!!
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by Nobody: 11:59pm On May 27, 2010
bk/babe97:

Like, for real, are you in college? How do u get good grades?! Why do u conveniently always ignore what the other person said and just keep on yapping your points! You do not make an argument like that. You win an argument by dissecting your opponents words, not gluing urs together as u go on. Where did I make reference to a cabinet full of videos? You made that assumption! Even when u made that assumption, I let you know that these days recordings are are digital!!! Did u miss that or are you the one that cant comprehend simple english? I see u keep coming at me sideways with your silly remarks, if u havent noticed I'm doing my best not to batter u verbally, keep pushing your luck tho. . . . .

Two, I did not say you said I "was watching it with friends". I made the "watching it with friends" scenario as an example of malicious intent! Do u get it now or do u still need lessons in english?

Dumbaszzes like your favorite actors, rappers, and athletes!!!

Dude, a video that shows us walking arm in arm into my room, her taking off her clothes and helping me do same? A video that shows her panting and screaming like your favorite po*rn star will send me to the joint? I'd like to know which Jury u intend to present that case to!

Paddy Lo, YOU are the one MISSING the point! Yes the video will exonerate me!!! Like I told Gators, READ YOUR ADVERSARY'S STATEMENT PROPERLY BEFORE MAKING A RETORT!!! She cannot claim that I ra.p.ed her AFTER any video scene because THERE IS NO AFTER IN THE RECORDINGS!!! The cameras in my home (which I used as an example) perpetually records every ,and any, events that takes place EVERYWHERE within my home and its confines!

Yes, you and Gators are right, filming JUST the s.*ex scene is clearly an invasion of privacy, but thats not what I kept on posting (refer to my earlier posts). My position was that cameras should be installed to Perpertually film everything that happens everywhere within the home! Get it? Im not saying when we're bout to get nasty I start turning on lenses and focals. Like I said, I never even remember that I got cameras installed in my home!

While I do not advocate that everyone whips out cameras b4 intercourse, do u sincerely think that a man is accused of despoil, is exonerated by a secret video and the next thing that will be on the D.A's mind is to "seriously" charge the mad for invasion of privacy of a false accuser? An accuser that is herself most likely on her way to prison for allowing false charges to be brought against an innocent man?

Dont get me wrong, I wouldnt doubt that an ambitious D.A with his back to the ropes in the court of public opinion will not  attempt to bring charges against the innocent man, but, lemme give you a lil inside scoop why he'll do that (charge for invasion of privacy after bringing false accusations against an innocent): FOR LEVERAGE! The innocent man is clearly gonna wanna sue for false arrest, false imprisonment ect, the D.A is about to lose his job, so, guess what he'll do? He'll tell the dude "Yeah, youre innocent, but you violated the misses' privacy by filming the encounter". He'll charge dude with invasion of privacy, promising to have the charge dropped in exchange of dude not suing for compensation for his ordeal! Why do u think most people exonerated from charges such as this, with similar scenario, never get Civil compensation? Because they've been coerced into waiving their rights to any claim they might have.

But assuming the innocent man decides to go "all the way", do u think the jury will convict? Huh? Especially, when they are reminded of the circumstances surrounding the case?!!? No, jury in The United States will convict; and thats going along with your scenario!!!!

Ewoooooo. . . .See vexation and insults. Look my dear, I have an exam to study for. . . .cant wast my time trying to explain photosynthesis to a dead plant

Maybe your points ont be ignored if you made them more clearer . . . . Your reply to my post:
FL Gators:

bk/babe97:

Ok, this convo ends now! Its like Im discussing with my wall! Did u miss where I kept talking about not putting it on the internet or watching it with friends? I know ure trying your darndest to either sound smart like you know what ure talking about (which u clearly dont) or youre just sentimental about the whole "someone" potentially recording u issue. Either way, Im done. U want anything else refer to my earlier posts!

Anywos, back to your "posting it on the internet" point. You dont have to post any shoit on the internet to invade a privacy.

Listen wel. . . . Installing a camera just to tape a sexual act without the lady's permission is illegal, do you get it?!

My "intimacy tapes in your cabinet" reply was to rebuttal your  "without malicious act". If she wants to sue you for video taping her without her acknowledgment and cops search your "abode" for evidence and they find intimacy tapes of you and other several women in your cabinet, then your azz will be charged.

I explained before that there are 2 incidents:
1. INSTALLING CAMERA FOR YOUR SAFETY
2. INSTALLING CAMERA JUST FOR THAT NIGHT OF intimacy
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by bkbabe97: 12:07am On May 28, 2010
@Paddy Lo:

http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2009/09/defense_attorne.php

Defense Attorney Says Cell Phone Video Vindicates 5 Men Accused in Hofstra ra.pe Case

More news stories on Crime
Frank Eltman, Minneapolis Star-Tribune, Sept. 17, 2009

A prosecutor was considering Thursday whether to file criminal charges against a Hofstra University freshman who recanted claims that she was gang-ra.p*ed by five men in a dormitory bathroom.

The student, whom officials have declined to identify, has been suspended from school pending a disciplinary hearing, said Hofstra spokeswoman Melissa Connolly.

The spokeswoman also said that a suspension against Rondell Bedward—the only Hofstra student among the five men implicated—had been lifted.

The attorney for another of the accused men, 20-year-old Kevin Taveras, said a video of the sexual encounter confirms reports that the victim was not forcibly attacked.

It looks more like a P.*ORN movie,” Victor Daly-Rivera said. “It showed just the opposite of what the allegations were. There was no tying up, there was no bruising, there was no screaming.”

On Wednesday night, Nassau County District Attorney Kathleen Rice revealed that the 18-year-old accuser had recanted and said the intimacy with the five men had been consensual.

{snip}

Rice said in a statement that after the woman changed her story, her office began

P.S: I have posted something to debunk your insinuations! Remember, again, I'm using YOUR analogy of filming just before the commencement of s.*ex. Recall that my position was of a camera that records 24-7. True, using your analogy invasion of privacy charges can be brought, but, do u think a D.A "seriously" want to go thru that? Except, of course, (as I stated above )he's only using it as leverage to save his job and the county the money it'll have to shell out in any impending lawsuits!!!

*keyword is "Seriously"*
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by bkbabe97: 12:16am On May 28, 2010
FL Gators:

Ewoooooo. . . .See vexation and insults. Look my dear, I have an exam to study for. . . .cant wast my time trying to explain photosynthesis to a dead plant

Nobody insulted you, dearie. Do u want me to show u where u started throwing subliminal disses, or did u conveniently forget those actions as is usual with u? Oh, and get on with studying for your exams. Remember to lay mucho emphasis on comprehension, instead of trying to battle someone that is on his way to law school on the fundamentals of the Judicial system!
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by Nobody: 12:21am On May 28, 2010
bk/babe97:

Nobody insulted you, dearie. Do u want me to show u where u started throwing subliminal disses, or did u conveniently forget those actions as is usual with u? Oh, and get on with studying for your exams. Remember to lay mucho emphasis on comprehension, instead of trying to battle someone that is on his way to law school on the fundamentals of the Judicial system!
Right, okay, you win. I lose!

Off to my studying. . .
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by Cohomology: 12:36am On May 28, 2010
Simple solution: ALL ra.pe accusations must be treated as potential fraud until physical evidence can be used to establish, beyond all reasonable doubt, that the accusation was not a fabrication.

Ra.pe trials have a criminal component and as such must be proven beyond ALL reasonable doubt. Unfortunately, we have justice system that has been pussy-whipped by lying bitches.

If I'm ever accused of ra.pe by a lying bi.tch, I'll terminate her and her entire family, including all known relatives, and then join them. No lie! Bloody bitches! angry
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by bkbabe97: 12:43am On May 28, 2010
FL Gators:

Listen wel. . . . Installing a camera just to tape a sexual act without the lady's permission is illegal, do you get it?!

No I dont get it! U SLOW THING! I started the camera analogy and my position was that of a camera rolling 24-7, recording all the activities in the home and within its environs; as is done in my home!  Go back to my posts since its clear u just love to argue blindly! Where did I say anything about it getting turned on just as the fun was about to start, huh? Now DO YOU GET IT?!?!

FL Gators:

Maybe your points ont be ignored if you made them more clearer . . . .

Maybe u just need to learn the art of comprehension better. While u at it why dont ask me to come crack your skull open and speak specifically to the part of your brain that deals with understanding, maybe then u'll get it!

FL Gators:

My "intimacy tapes in your cabinet" reply was to rebuttal your  "without malicious act". If she wants to sue you for video taping her without her acknowledgment and cops search your "abode" for evidence and they find intimacy tapes of you and other several women in your cabinet, then your azz will be charged.

Was to "Rebuttal" your "malicious act"!!! Is there even any point my going ahead with this argument? Like I said all ure doing is trying hard to look smart when u have NO IDEA what ure talking about! Oh, u wanted to "Rebut" my statement about "Malicious Intent"?!? Girl, just go find a couch and sit your aszz somewhere cause right about now ure just killing me softly like Lauryn Hill! You might be good in other things in life,but, the english language and the Law are clearly not part of them!

P.S: Since ure such a stubborn she-goat that only hears herself: And if the cops search and do not see any tapes, since my cameras record digitally, what then? Or did u also miss where I explained to you that recordings nowadays are digital? Clearly u did! Always take the time to read, instead of letting excitement to retort take u over. Its clear that in real life ure a terrible listener! Try calmness, it works and beats the hell outta brawn!
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by isimili: 1:05am On May 28, 2010
i agree with Otawa and Dayokalu. What a dastardly act of racism and malice by the police and the CPS? I know that i may sound paranoid, i believe that a police man who may have been in the club watching how his lose oyibo sister was chasing a poor, simple minded and excitable young JJC bro and set him up out of jealous and hatred for his colour. I agree that some Naija girls are deadly and must be watched bu OMG some of these white girls are lose and overly promiscuous. Some of them will even go to the club with their mothers, get drunk, styart chasing anything in trousers and go home with different strangers without worrying about any dangers. Then mum and daughter Will return the next day to laugh about how they pulled. My advice simply is be careful. There is nothing so different or cool about them. My African queen anytin me anywhere is the answer. apologies to those married to well brought responsible middle class oyibos but boy has anyone stopped to compare an old Naija 50-60 women and oyibo women of their ages? the difference is clear. Therefore in addition to the danger they pose to many young men they age very quickly and lack manners or respect for anyone. I know one unfortunate 19 year old naija who was imprisoned for 12 years for allegedly raping two under aged twin sisters who actually followed him from the club and swore that they are above 18 and simply fantasied about a three some. he fell for it. they got away with it but he is still languishing in prison. The advice is stay away from these girls whenever possible. A typical naija bird will never lie about a thing like that if she does her parents and her "pastor" will be there to admonish her and get the truth out of her before it goes really wrong. for the girls in Texas, they are confused and lost.
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by Nobody: 2:56am On May 28, 2010
bk/babe97:

No I dont get it! U SLOW THING! I started the camera analogy and my position was that of a camera rolling 24-7, recording all the activities in the home and within its environs; as is done in my home!  Go back to my posts since its clear u just love to argue blindly! Where did I say anything about it getting turned on just as the fun was about to start, huh? Now DO YOU GET IT?!?!

Maybe u just need to  learn the art of comprehension better. While u at it why dont ask me to come crack your skull open and speak specifically to the part of your brain that deals with understanding, maybe then u'll get it!

Was to "Rebuttal" your "malicious act"!!! Is there even any point my going ahead with this argument? Like I said all ure doing is trying hard to look smart when u have NO IDEA what ure talking about! Oh, u wanted to "Rebut" my statement about "Malicious Intent"?!? Girl, just go find a couch and sit your aszz somewhere cause right about now ure just killing me softly like Lauryn Hill! You might be good in other things in life,but, the english language and the Law are clearly not part of them!

P.S: Since ure such a stubborn she-goat that only hears herself: And if the cops search and do not see any tapes, since my cameras record digitally, what then? Or did u also miss where I explained to you that recordings nowadays are digital? Clearly u did! Always take the time to read, instead of letting excitement to retort take u over. Its clear that in real life ure a terrible listener! Try calmness, it works and beats the hell outta brawn!

Yawn. . . . selective or periodical thinking, choose one.
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by paddylo1(m): 7:55am On May 28, 2010
My advice simply is be careful. There is nothing so different or cool about them. My African queen anytin me anywhere is the answer. apologies to those married to well brought responsible middle class oyibos but boy has anyone stopped to compare an old Naija 50-60 women and oyibo women of their ages? the difference is clear. Therefore in addition to the danger they pose to many young men they age very quickly and lack manners or respect for anyone. I know one unfortunate 19 year old naija who was imprisoned for 12 years for allegedly despoiling two under aged twin sisters who actually followed him from the club and swore that they are above 18 and simply fantasied about a three some. he fell for it. they got away with it but he is still languishing in prison. The advice is stay away from these girls whenever possible. A typical naija bird will never lie about a thing like that if she does her parents and her "pastor" will be there to admonish her and get the truth out of her before it goes really wrong. for the girls in Texas, they are confused and lost.

u said it all bro. . them birds age badly. . .
also i like the pastor angle. . lol

yea give me a well raised naija chick anyday. .
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by Shinatu: 12:19pm On May 28, 2010
jensinmi:

The guy has my deepest condolences. However, I honestly do believe there's a lesson to be learnt from this.

I've learnt this one thing from my Mother

A man MUST not sleep with every woman that throws herself/ offers herself to him.

This is NUCKING FUTS!!! Am I the only one that gets this point?? Is it normal for a guy to take home a woman he doesn't know and just met for a few minutes in a club. Is that responsible?? Why are some men this spoilt??
Look at this scenario:
You're busy doing "fine boy/ fine man" in a club and a woman walks up to you and says "hello,  your perfume smells great. Oh, btw,  I won't mind having you tonight" and you say "YES"and take her to your house?? Come on. Is this not insanity?? This is wrong as far as I'm concerned o and shows one to be highly irresponsible and loose.

Now going on to this young man. I think he should kneel down and be thanking God for having mercy on him and  also thank all those that rose to his defense. It is true the woman lied, but let us not forget that this represents only few of the cases. There are really men out there that despoil women who come across their path. Look at the son of Prof. Adeniran in the US for example who was caught on tape gang-despoiling a woman. To this end, a woman will always get benefit of the doubt in First world countries.

This is the 21st century, DNA evidence exists and is now almost always used in despoil cases. In first world countries, it would be difficult for a woman to claim you despoiled her unless there is one piece of evidence,  and that evidence is semen. But DNA evidence doesn't help you much if you indeed had intimacy with the woman. If your semen is present on the despoil kit, then you are in a lot of trouble. Bearing this in mind, why can't men be more careful about where they stick there "elements". He wasn't a fool. We know that. He was an educated young man. So,  why?? If not for an inability to control ones urge will he do something like have intimacy with a woman who approaches you in a club and says I want to be with you TONIGHT. Not even a woman he approached o. A woman who approached him. WTF!! The more common thing is for guys to chase girls in a club. Not a girl coming to you and telling you that she wants you "TONIGHT". Not that I'm saying one is better than the other.
There are many ways this could have ended badly.
-It coulda ended as just a fling.
-She coulda cried foul later and said he did and didn't want to pay her dues but it ended this way (BADLY)

Once again, I celebrate with this young man. "Mo ba e yo o".

But in my own humble opinion, I wish to state that this whole charade or "she-bang" would not have happened if he had not done something that I and a lot of Nigerians would consider foolish, reckless and irresponsible. Nowadays, in such countries, it is difficult to get prosecuted for despoiling a woman you never had intimacy with. To this end he cannot stand blameless in all that happened. Yeah,  he's not guilty o but a lot of people won't say he's 100% innocent. At least not innocent of gross stupidity. His parents didn't send him to the UK to "get his groove on"

I do hope this serves as a lesson to all those playas, ballers, shotcallers, "pimps,"ladies' men, fine boys, Doni Donis and other young men who think they can eat their cakes and have it and haven't yet gotten it into their heads that actions have consequences and these consequences are not always what we expect them to be. You can't always play with fire and expect never to get burnt.

He must have thought this cake was another he would eat and have at the same time. I don't even know if some of his friends may have urged him in the club - She want's you. Go ahead. Je mbe. Chop up. Enjoy your life!!!
May God punish all "friends" that wish to lead us astray. Awon Onijekuje!! shocked

Please, Please, Please Let us all consider the consequences of our actions before taking decisions.

Thank you very much. Y'all have a great day.

In the words of a great man - "I pity the fool"

@Jensinmi,

You are a female right? I'ld be shocked if you were a guy.

shocked I just saw an (m) on your profile, I am proud of you bro. Never knew a guy could see it from that angle.

I have heard many men on NL give incredible execuses for some things they do that i am beginning to think that there is a way the thing does you that we mortals cannot understand.
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by Youngichou(m): 12:41pm On May 28, 2010
Hmmmm. Wetin make d boy go dey prostitute no be school dey send am ! Haba may we ear word. Him for suffer small.
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 28, 2010
@bk/babe97

well i have to give it to u, i have never thot u were intelligent cos most of ur post are tribalistic, sentimental and indirectly racist

but in this dialog u have shown enough reasonable arguments with facts, proves and well documented articles.

keep it up, cheers
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by olaydee: 1:00pm On May 28, 2010
Vindication at last
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by CHANCEMAN: 1:39pm On May 28, 2010
FL GATORS AND PADDY LO it is not illegal to instal cameras in home for security reasons you do not need the permision of anybody to do that and evidence gathered in such manner is admissible in court in the US.When you instal cameras in your home for security reasons is it not likely that cameras will be installed all over the house?It only becomes an offence when they were installed for the purpose recording sexual acts and in that case most likely cameras will be limited to the bedroom.
When cases like these are being investigated if there are tapes the investigators check them also before deciding to prosecute or not.
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by wazobiang: 4:01pm On May 28, 2010
thank God. this would really have been bad.
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by comechop(m): 4:27pm On May 28, 2010
lipsrsealed

O man, hope all these promiscous NL'ers are reading and learning o. You think its all fun and games when you catch one oyibo/akata/naija girl and carry am go your house - truth is YOU JUST NEVER KNOW.

Make una shine una eyes o - this is how pple's careers and futures can easily get ruined. I mean srsly, who the hell goes home with a girl he just met in a night club??
Re: Jurors In Tears As They Clear Nigerian Student Of despoil by igboboy1(m): 4:28pm On May 28, 2010
look like a thing a confirm odua descendant would do cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Approved The Construction Of A $3.5 Billion Electricity Grid / Checkout Oshiomole's N1.5m Cab / Bishop Wale Oke Dares Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.