Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,663 members, 7,823,877 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? (11625 Views)

Poll: Have You Ever Experienced It?

Yes: 57% (26 votes)
No: 42% (19 votes)
This poll has ended

Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released / Nigerians Where Are This Bloody Trains,have U Ever Sighted Them? / Injustice Over Nkiru Sylvanus Kidnap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by PokerFace(f): 2:43am On May 28, 2010
My friend is planning on moving abroad. I told her it was a good idea. But she is skeptic because of stories she's heard and read about how foreigners are maltreated abroad.
Do you live abroad? Have you lived abroad? What were/are your experiences.

Have u ever experienced injustice abroad?
Have your human rights ever been abused?
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by Nobody: 3:48am On May 28, 2010
of course. . . . . . . . .  it can happen to anyone, anywhere in the world AND you can be mistreated even worse in your home country!
take your pick:
- not getting promoted because i wasnt British. UK
- getting stopped by the cops excessively because they automatically think most black people dont drive nice cars unless they are stolen. France
- people saying to my face that they hate black people. . . . . . . .but not MY kind of black, only the "aborigene" kind of black! Australia
- parents of my ex gf disowning her and beating her like a little child because she was dating a black man.China
- being stripped and searched every single time i landed at Oslo airport.Norway
- being refused entrance to clubs of SaoPaulo/Rio and then allowed to enter these same clubs after i proved, by showing my passport, that i wasnt brasilian.Brazil
- being punched in the face by a drunk SOB and almost being locked up just because i was walking with a local woman on each arm and acting a fool. Poland
but its not really "injustice, its called THE REALITY OF LIFE!
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by Kobojunkie: 4:20am On May 28, 2010
@MrBrownJay, may I suggest you go back to your village and have them wash your head  . . . all that badluck off you  . . . . lol

@Poster, if your friend lives in Nigeria, and feels it is worse outside, then I suggest your friend hand that ticket over to someone who will use it to better his/her live rather than worry about the what ifs of being maltreated by foreigners when her life does not seem to matter much right there in Nigeria.  grin Tell am say I dey ooo . . . I have friends who will give her a plot of land for that ticket and that visa!
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by blacksta(m): 4:59am On May 28, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

of course. . . . . . . . .  it can happen to anyone, anywhere in the world AND you can be mistreated even worse in your home country!
take your pick:
- getting stopped by the cops excessively because they automatically think most black people dont drive nice cars unless they are stolen. France
- people saying to my face that they hate black people. . . . . . . .but not MY kind of black, only the "aborigene" kind of black! Australia
- parents of my ex gf disowning her and beating her like a little child because she was dating a black man.China
- being refused entrance to clubs of SaoPaulo/Rio and then allowed to enter these same clubs after i proved, by showing my passport, that i wasnt brasilian.Brazil
- being punched in the face by a drunk SOB and almost being locked up just because i was walking with a local woman on each arm and acting a fool. Poland

Abeg - Post your picture - only you -lol
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by Jakumo(m): 6:29am On May 28, 2010
Kobojunkie:

@MrBrownJay, may I suggest you go back to your village and have them wash your head  . . . all that badluck off you  . . . . lol

@Poster, if your friend lives in Nigeria, and feels it is worse outside, then I suggest your friend hand that ticket over to someone who will use it to better his/her live rather than worry about the what ifs of being maltreated by foreigners when her life does not seem to matter much right there in Nigeria.  grin Tell am say I dey ooo . . . I have friends who will give her a plot of land for that ticket and that visa!

Ha ha ha ha ha  Good one KJ

Hmmm, lets see now.  Other than the times I was turned down by women with whom I was hoping to disrobe and do the nasty, I have NEVER experienced any form of injustice in the UK or United States.

I have, however, been robbed at gunpoint by NIGERIAN policemen on several memorable occasions, and also of course forced to part with bribes for just about everything except breathing the air in Nigeria.
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by Ibime(m): 6:44am On May 28, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

take your pick:

Phuck all that. . . . aw did you manage to be rubbing up so close on Alicia Keys!!! tongue embarassed cheesy
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by Nobody: 8:02am On May 28, 2010
lol. . . . . . . . . . . .people people people(how many time did i call you?!)
@kobojunkie: wash what? you meant ask for more of that lucky charm,right? its called being blessed!
@blacksta: the more you do, the more you will get positive and negative.
@ibime: Alicia Keys?!?!?!?

first you guys have to realize by now that i travel extensively AND therefore experience, in different surroundings, a little more than most.
second what you have to realize is that what is more important in this picture that YOU guys see negative is the amount of positive experience that came with it all. the poster asked for the negatives ones not the positive ones which out weight them all. i have never found a country where it was just wrong to be there!
third if you cannot take these little hiccups in life and learn from them then you have no business trying to see the world and better stay in your backyard(home).

ok let me put JUST some of the positive stuff then:
Poland: i have never seen so much people with a "clean heart" who had barely nothing but who will gladly share everything they had with a stranger(like me). i met her parents and they took me in their home and were introducing me to the neighbors like i was their long lost son. bringing the christmas food out just to make me feel special. i dont think they would have treated Obama any differently. AMAZING!!!

Japan: never experience a country where you could loose or forget your bag/wallet/phone in the subway and come back the next day in the station where you lost it and you may find it there in the lost and found dept. . . . . . . . . along with all your money and valuables in it! also crime rate in this country is pretty low. what more can a man wants?!!.AMAZING!!!

China you can get it all in China from laptops to fashion wear. from genuine to fake, you can furnish your all home with absolutely nothing. even a poor man can look like he made it over there. and in the employment dept, you cannot find employees that would work cheaper for you than in China. one thing that there is in abundance there, its workforce. AMAZING!!!

Brazil: if you ever thought that you knew what "paradise"looked like then RECONSIDER unless you have ever set foot on one of the many fantastic beaches of Brazil. ALSO if you think that some women are good looking where you live then visit Brazil (or south america) and discover beautiful sexy brown women with "african style" bodies EVERYWHERE. if you are not strong minded you might loose your mind. AMAZING!!!!

Australia: never been anywhere in the world where the people were as laid back and down to earth as Australians. 150%stress free life over there. also you could drive 3hrs out of Sydney and be in the middle of wilderness. AMAZING!!!

and last but not least France:its the place i call home and the country where i have my most cherished memories. fashion, art, lifestyle etc i wouldnt know where to begin. one of the best place to live in the world if you have money. AMAZING!!!

i could go on for days but i guess you guys get the picture!
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by Jakumo(m): 10:45am On May 28, 2010
MRbrownJAY:
- being punched in the face by a drunk SOB and almost being locked up just because i was walking with a local wench on each arm and acting a fool. Poland

Yeah, I hear, ya Mr. Brownjay.  The life of a jet-setting playboy is not as glamorous as mere mortals imagine, but we trust you will bear the burden with fortitude, as you relax aboard that private jet while commuting between Monaco, Cannes, St. Tropez, London, Paris, New York, Beverly Hills, The Hamptons and Martha's Vineyard, siring beautiful women at every stop.

Hell, it could be worse.  You could have wound up as a broke-azs mufugguh given to basking in the imaginary adulation of internet strangers who bother to read your tall tales, even as you slave away at that 9 to 5, wondering how you will make that next car note, while occasionally getting worked over by drunk Polish pimps because you tried to skip the bill.

Don't worry, my Brotha, be happy.  You will ALWAYS remain a legend in your own restroom.  And if your customized Rolex gets scratched up in that next bar-fight, throw it away and buy another one.   Remember, you can't take that gold mine with you when you croak, so spend it NOW !    Granted yours is a tough life, but hey, somebody's got to do it, so you is DA MAN.
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by Nobody: 11:16am On May 28, 2010
^^^^^^^LOL, typical 9ja mentality to only see pass their own misery and to automatically discredit or think that no good can possibly come out of a fellow black man.
by the look of your post, i can gather that life IS extra tough for some fellow NLers.
hey maybe i should get myself a travelcard (not that there is anything wrong with that), you would probably prefer that. . . . . . . . . . by the look of your statement, thats only what we are "suppose" to achieve.
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by Jakumo(m): 11:22am On May 28, 2010
In all seriousness, Mr. Brownjay, would I, as the executive gardener to your Waikiki seafront estate, be permitted to bone some of those ex-girlfriends that come knocking at the gates ?
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by Nobody: 11:35am On May 28, 2010
^^^^^^how could you JAKUMO? you are a servant and should always think and act like one. . . . . . . . you are not worthy enough for my "leftovers".
but dont worry, if the grass at the said mansion is well cut and green all yr long, you might get a day off next yr.
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by trublu1(f): 12:16pm On May 28, 2010
Kobojunkie:

^^^

This
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by Ormania(m): 12:31pm On May 28, 2010
UP MRbrownJAY, you are the 2nd reasonable man i ever witnessed in my 22 years on Nairaland. grin

Seriously, i dont know why da guys are tryin to mock on u. Na wa oh! This is a great lesson for me o!
So Nairalanders are so jelouse of some one who travel all over and enjoy life? Phf!

MRbrownJAY for that ur mindless gardner pls give him a year break with tickets to travel all over, grin
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by hectorswag(m): 12:36pm On May 28, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

of course. . . . . . . . . it can happen to anyone, anywhere in the world AND you can be mistreated even worse in your home country!
take your pick:

chai, nna mhen!!! grin grin grin
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by osifred(m): 12:39pm On May 28, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

take your pick:
but its not really "injustice, its called grin

hey dude i like ur post but ur didnt mention american and Germany d kings of racism. thought u lived in d state u should know better
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by yomitesp(m): 12:48pm On May 28, 2010
@MrBrownJAY, all what you said about Brazil/South America is seconded !!! Though I haven´t had many serious incidents but the one I had in Cotê d´Ivoire /Ivory Coast some years back would never be forgotten !!! This "INJUSTICE" or " THE REALITIES OF LIFE" as MrBrownJAY would call ´em are bound to happen anywhere !
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by paddylo1(m): 12:51pm On May 28, 2010
@Poster, if your friend lives in Nigeria, and feels it is worse outside, then I suggest your friend hand that ticket over to someone who will use it to better his/her live rather than worry about the what ifs of being maltreated by foreigners when her life does not seem to matter much right there in Nigeria.   Tell am say I dey ooo . . .  I have friends who will give her a plot of land for that ticket and that visa!

This is the worst response i have ever read. . . .so are u saying everywhere outside Nigeria is better
or did she tell u where she was moving to?

Would u like her to move to russia and be killed for being black?
or move to Greece that is basically bankrupt and probably will not like foriegners coming to take their jobs

People like u get everything u have cause u are Nigerian
yet u always dump on it

Why do u still come here then? to Nairaland
why not join black planet and chill with tha homies over there

I know life must have been hard for you before u escape to yankee,but come on now. . .
I swear i will come back to nairaland in 40yrs just to look for u

ask u how well u are doing retiring in yankee
hope u wont be in a old peoples home all depressed. . .lol

me i will be chilling in good ole Naija.  .with enuff trips to my village
now thats life. . .
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by osifred(m): 12:54pm On May 28, 2010
injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere.marthin luther king jnr. black american human right activist so he tried to stop injustice anyhow we could, am hapi he achieved dat to a great extent dat is y a black man is sitting in the oval office of white house, american.

anyway back to the issue at hand, i school in Ghana and even Ghananian discriminate u jst because u are a nigeria.
my odeals are too many so i cant tell u all.
first imagine a lecturer marking u down because u r a nigerian
imagine a landlord refusing to rent his flat becos  u r a nigerian thinking u wil cause problem in his house
imagine a co tenet jst "beefing"u jst because u r a nigeria
imagine a ur school authority refusing to grant u some favour because ur a nigeria.

my shock is dat it is ghana nt even europe
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by paddylo1(m): 1:02pm On May 28, 2010
hey dude i like your post but your didnt mention american and Germany d kings of racism. thought u lived in d state u should know better

[b]American racism is subtle. . . .In some places u still get refused entry to clubs cause you are black

They will just claim Its V.I.P night and your name is not on the list. .
or they claim u are not well dressed. . .all cause they might not want too many black ppl in their club(male and female)

Some jobs are hard to get. . .jobs like front desk receptionists in some New York fancy hotels
or waitresses,they pretty much like to hire blonde bimbo type chicks

Stay away from majority latino/mexican clubs
They speak spanish and might be talking about u without u knowing. .
If u must go,go with 3 or 4 black/naija guys

Police men are a big one. . i have been harrased/arrested cause i was black
given a trumped up dis-orderly conduct charge.  .which  was thrown out in court

Driving while black.  .cops will stop u more,especially in mostly white neighborhoods

Employment discrimination. . .some employers may look at your name and decide it sounds too ethnic and not call u back after u submit your C.V

Housing Discrimination. . .Most Renters discriminate,some may not call u back cause of your accent
or when u show up to look at the house,they might not be happy cause u black and then wont call u back

so that pretty much summarizes discrimination against black ppl in the good ole USA[/b]
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 28, 2010
osifred:

hey dude i like your post but your didnt mention american and Germany d kings of racism. thought u lived in d state u should know better

i now live in South America not North America

i have traveled to the US many times but never lived there and never really felt any particular form of racism while there. it seems to me that after 9/11, as long as you aint arab, you cool especially at airports (although you might have to take off your bloody shoes)

as for Germany, if its a racist country then i never noticed it, maybe people living there can comment on that but  i never felt it.
you have to remember that i was born in France so petty racism stuff dont affect me as much because i have gotten"somehow" use to it.

you might think that we blacks have a tough time around the world but lately being arab/muslim is even worse. . . . . . .  and in some countries of the middle east, being a women would be even worst!

yomitesp:

@MrBrownJAY, all what you said about Brazil/South America is seconded !!! Though I haven´t had many serious incidents but the one I had in Cotê d´Ivoire /Ivory Coast some years back would never be forgotten !!! This "INJUSTICE" or " THE REALITIES OF LIFE" as MrBrownJAY would call ´em are bound to happen anywhere !

its funny that you mentioned Ivory Coast as i have had only positive vibes while living there, but i lived in Grand Bassam and only for a short period.
we are called ANANGO over there.lol!!!!
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by violent(m): 1:11pm On May 28, 2010
Hmmm, lets see now. Other than the times I was turned down by women with whom I was hoping to disrobe and do the nasty, I have NEVER experienced any form of injustice in the UK or United States.

So much for injustice!
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by eldee(m): 1:14pm On May 28, 2010
@MrBrownjay

I like to travel a lot too, but I've been held back by stuff . . . I might be going to Brazil next summer.

My friend is half Brazilian and he says it is literally colour-coded over there.
Like even the skin-tone is a big thing amongst black people. . . how true is that??
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 28, 2010
paddy_lo:

[b]American racism is subtle. . . .In some places u still get refused entry to clubs cause you are black

They will just claim Its V.I.P night and your name is not on the list. .
or they claim u are not well dressed. . .all cause they might not want too many black ppl in their club(male and female)

Some jobs are hard to get. . .jobs like front desk receptionists in some New York fancy hotels
or waitresses,they pretty much like to hire blonde bimbo type chicks

Stay away from majority latino/mexican clubs
They speak spanish and might be talking about u without u knowing. .
If u must go,go with 3 or 4 black/naija guys

Police men are a big one. . i have been harrased/arrested cause i was black
given a trumped up dis-orderly conduct charge.  .which  was thrown out in court

Driving while black.  .cops will stop u more,especially in mostly white neighborhoods

Employment discrimination. . .some employers may look at your name and decide it sounds too ethnic and not call u back after u submit your C.V

Housing Discrimination. . .Most Renters discriminate,some may not call u back cause of your accent
or when u show up to look at the house,they might not be happy cause u black and then wont call u back

so that pretty much summarizes discrimination against black ppl in the good ole USA[/b]

you reminded me about a trip i had in LA with some friends where we went out to party on Hollywood boulevard (might be another street) and we were barred from entering any clubs there even though we had the correct rental 4x4 ride (Jakumo might have something to say about that) and dressed to kill. we tried all the top club and after 30mins one French bouncer told us that unless we were Pdiddy, we would never get in because that was the "white clubs area". he told us that the "black clubs area" was 3/4 blocks down the street and that the "latino clubs area" was 3/4 blocks on the opposite direction.
that night we ended up in a asian club WTF!!!!!!
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by maxtop(m): 1:17pm On May 28, 2010
I was asked to stand up in a public bus even though i have my ticket paid and stamped already. A group of punk ass asked to to stand up and there are lots of space and empty seats on that bus even the driver was helpless. They hate blacks with passion, GERMANS !!
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by paddylo1(m): 1:22pm On May 28, 2010
you reminded me about a trip i had in LA with some friends where we went out to party on Hollywood boulevard (might be another street) and we were barred from entering any clubs there even though we had the correct rental 4x4 ride (Jakumo might have something to say about that) and dressed to kill. we tried all the top club and after 30mins one French bouncer told us that unless we were Pdiddy, we would never get in because that was the "white clubs area". he told us that the "black clubs area" was 3/4 blocks down the street and that the "latino clubs area" was 3/4 blocks on the opposite direction.
that night we ended up in a asian club WTF!!!!!!

yea that ish sucks. . but still happens regularly too. .
the problem is that its so hard to prove if u complain. . .cause they might have token one or two blacks in there
but no-one else is allowed in.  .

I dont get pissed though(unless am too drunk lol),cause its my money and i dont have to beg u to take it. .
i can spend it somewhere else
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by paddylo1(m): 1:25pm On May 28, 2010
I was asked to stand up in a public bus even though i have my ticket paid and stamped already. A group of punk backside asked to to stand up and there are lots of space and empty seats on that bus even the driver was helpless. They hate blacks with passion, GERMANS !!

men thats sad. . .i once dated this german chick and she told me about racism in their country
she said its from mostly east germans. . .

she also said raising a mixed kid in germany would be tough
cause they get bullied in school and ish. .

i was like b.i.t.c.h. . i dont intend to have no kid with u lol. . .
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by gbagudara: 1:32pm On May 28, 2010
Ha listen,
I love fishing along the southern california coast of Long Beach.  The fish won't bite my bait because I am Black.  
Prejudiced car. Wont start because a black man sat in it.  My friend had a terrible explosion when he tried to mix black and white paints together.  He was a painter.  I was strolling with my white gf and unknown people started yelling out of their cars "He is a black man !!!" My gf stopped, quickly tepped away from me and covered her mouth in total surprise.  She looked at me from head to toe, eyes wide open and said "How could you?"  They won't buy my black music because of the coloured sound.  My white dog was arrested by black police dog for going after a black female dog.  This fellow Naija man showed me pepper in California.  He almost drove me nuts.  He was always threatening me with deportation back to Naija.  A white man finally saved my neck.  A fellow naija man sold me a car that would not work.  My fellow naija wife refused to work.  Set me up for the state to take all my money and she the recipient.  I was given a prize for being the best worker in a white dominated hospital.  U na de see injustice?  Caution!  The instances cited above may be true.  Just some of them,  It could be all of them.
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by zebra543: 1:37pm On May 28, 2010
paddy_lo:

men thats sad. . .i once dated this german chick and she told me about racism in their country
she said its from mostly east germans. . .

she also said raising a mixed kid in germany would be tough
cause they get bullied in school and ish. .

i was like b.i.t.c.h. . i dont intend to have no kid with u lol. . .

prolly the reason they are all soo rascist int he first place! tongue
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 28, 2010
eldee:

@MrBrownjay
I like to travel a lot too, but I've been held back by stuff . . . I might be going to Brazil next summer.

My friend is half Brazilian and he says it is literally colour-coded over there.
Like even the skin-tone is a big thing amongst black people. . . how true is that??

its absolutely true, for example Ronaldinho is black in their eyes. the whiter you are ,the better it is even though more than 50% of the population is non white. most brazilians wouldnt be open about it but the blacker you are , the less important you are.
most people living in favelas are blacks so people will automatically think that you are from there and since most people living in favelas are poor and uneducated therefore you can imagine how hard the struggle is.t

this is why i always have to walk around with a passport, to vouch (in their eyes) for my worthiness, because to most brazilians, blacks are just uneducated good for nothing thug/criminals.

it was a vicious circle because people didnt hire coloured for "top"jobs and therefore there was more blacks doing crime. you can even see it in the modelling industry there, not a lot of black topmodels,but they will tell you that its just because they dont "appeal"to the masses. what a joke!

thanks to LULA, things are changing and now there is affirmative actions to make sure that there is a quota of blacks that are hired in gov, places, schools, universities etc. . . . . . . . .  also the same program have a set amount places for students with good grade from poor background to attend top universities(favelas) .

remember, the higher north you go in Brazil, the less blacks you will encounter.
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by paddylo1(m): 1:43pm On May 28, 2010
remember, the higher north you go in Brazil, the less blacks you will encounter.

i thought there are lots of blacks up north in places like recife?

anyway u going around with your passport is a good move. . .imagine a black brazilian trying to get good service in a top club or hotel
that would be impossible. . .unless they know u are foriegn
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by spikedcylinder: 1:45pm On May 28, 2010
LOL!!!!! This is hilarious. First reaction is to discredit when things seem too good to be true.
Jeez man! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 28, 2010
paddy_lo:

yea that ish sucks. . but still happens regularly too. .
the problem is that its so hard to prove if u complain. . .cause they might have token one or two blacks in there
but no-one else is allowed in.  .

I dont get pissed though(unless am too drunk lol),cause its my money and i dont have to beg u to take it. .
i can spend it somewhere else

yeah exactly, i remember that we could see some brother inside but to no avail.
as you said it: if they dont like the colour of my hard earned cash then some other clubs will. . . . . . . . .although some of the chicks going in where FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE!!!!LOL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Idoma Group Threatens To Invoke ‘aAlekwu’ Gods On Moro’s Persecutors / Army Launches N7bn Housing Projects For Military And Civilians / Yuguda: Nigerians Have The Last Chance For A Good Man To Be President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.