Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,618 members, 7,809,267 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

Residents Panic After Spotting Creature On An Electric Pole In Edo Village. Pics - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Residents Panic After Spotting Creature On An Electric Pole In Edo Village. Pics (65687 Views)

Rain Of Worms Falls Down The Sky In China, Residents Panic (Photos) / Manatee: This Creature Was Killed In Badagry Yesterday. Who Knows The Name? / Nigerians Left In Awe After Spotting Elephants Roaming Inside A Bush In Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Residents Panic After Spotting Creature On An Electric Pole In Edo Village. Pics by MhiztaarNAS(m): 3:26pm On May 28, 2018
elgramz:
The innocent creature has been tagged as a witch now and they will accuse it of being responsible for all the deaths in the town over the last one year. RIP beautiful animal

Shut up joor! You are African. Stop deceiving yourself
Re: Residents Panic After Spotting Creature On An Electric Pole In Edo Village. Pics by PrettySleek(f): 3:36pm On May 28, 2018
MhiztaarNAS:

Indeed. I didn't see it with wings though, so I can't help but wonder how it got there
Some animals are really good at climbing, so I think it climbed
Re: Residents Panic After Spotting Creature On An Electric Pole In Edo Village. Pics by Baroba(m): 3:40pm On May 28, 2018
We need hammer to cure the ignorance that exist in this country, this is the third time such animal is been killed and shared on this platform, and all three have been in Edo state; which means it is common in that area thanks to there thick forest.. A country where people do not know the animal that live amongst them will continue to wallow in ignorance, the useless government will not even bother to research and educate it's citizens.

This so called witch is called a POTTO, Soffry soffry.. a tree dwelling noturnal animal that are found in African and South American forests. Here is one at Cincinnati zoo, please cure your ignorance Nigerians and leave these things alone.. There was a popular song made by an old highlife group dedicated to this animal, " soffry soffry catch monkey"..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3UmQ6F6MAk

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potto

1 Like

Re: Residents Panic After Spotting Creature On An Electric Pole In Edo Village. Pics by brookz: 3:41pm On May 28, 2018
Voodoo trip gone Bad

I Hail Edo Pipo. wuna Dooooh ooo.
Re: Residents Panic After Spotting Creature On An Electric Pole In Edo Village. Pics by truvine(m): 3:43pm On May 28, 2018
haywire07:
Could this be the mystical bush baby that always almost send us packing from the school hostels?
Are you an Exmay?
Re: Residents Panic After Spotting Creature On An Electric Pole In Edo Village. Pics by shocks(m): 4:32pm On May 28, 2018
Growing up in the early 80s on Jattu road, not too far from that very spot, I was practically weaned on stories of bush babies and vanishing old women.

This post is supposed to fill me with nostalgia, but it comes with a little worry that not much has changed since then, as far as this bush baby legend is concerned

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Residents Panic After Spotting Creature On An Electric Pole In Edo Village. Pics by Viicfuntop(f): 4:46pm On May 28, 2018
Iwantaccolades:
We will never grow as a nation until we go the Chinese way and burn down all the churches, mosques and traditional houses. Imagine grown adults burning an animal because they think it's a witch in this 21st century.

I respect your opinion but honestly burning down of religion houses won’t do anything. Ok. What is it going to do? There are churches and mosques in Europe and America.
Re: Residents Panic After Spotting Creature On An Electric Pole In Edo Village. Pics by Jimbadly: 4:56pm On May 28, 2018
littlewonders:
Too fast to tag anything they don't know as 'witch".

That looks like Sloth.

They are arboreal mammals noted for slowness of movement and for spending most of their lives hanging upside down in the trees.

I am sure human activities must have made it migrate to such a place not knowing its danger. When I visited a restaurant in Edo I noticed they use more of bushmeat as their eating meat instead of cows in the not so rural areas.

We have more and different species of animals in Edo state than other states in the south-south region.

I think Cross rivers state has a lot more diverse animals.
Re: Residents Panic After Spotting Creature On An Electric Pole In Edo Village. Pics by omojeesu(m): 4:57pm On May 28, 2018
littlewonders:

That looks like Sloth.

They are arboreal mammals noted for slowness of movement and for spending most of their lives hanging upside down in the trees.

I am sure human activities must have made it migrate to such a place not knowing its danger. When I visited a restaurant in Edo I noticed they use more of bushmeat as their eating meat instead of cows in the not so rural areas.

We have more and different species of animals in Edo state than other states in the south-south region.

THANK YOU!
Re: Residents Panic After Spotting Creature On An Electric Pole In Edo Village. Pics by Kemillion(m): 5:04pm On May 28, 2018
Angelanest:
Fear gripped residents in Jattu Uzairue Etsako West local government area of Edo State, after an animal suspected to be a Galago popularly known as 'Bush Baby' was found hanging on an electric pole on Monday. According to an eyewitness, the villagers woke up to a shocking sight this morning as they saw the creature struggling to come down from the pole.

An alarm was raised and the animal reportedly killed by the youths.

The villagers who suspected the creature was a witch - tried to burn it and it took them several attempts in two hours to finally burn the animal.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/05/residents-panic-after-spotting-creature-on-an-electric-pole-in-edo-village-photos.html

As if we no know da name EDO, who no know dem wit witchcraft and prostitution.
Re: Residents Panic After Spotting Creature On An Electric Pole In Edo Village. Pics by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:12pm On May 28, 2018
Brains1990:

U see why some people like you who are nothing but just a disgrace to humanity deserve to live in the zoos. Cuz obviously, that is where your brains match.

shut up you rascal
Re: Residents Panic After Spotting Creature On An Electric Pole In Edo Village. Pics by odigbosky(m): 5:16pm On May 28, 2018
Kemillion:
As if we no know da name EDO, who no know dem wit witchcraft and prostitution.

Skull miner....God forbid i rather do ashawo work dan to dy mine skulls.....tufiakwa
Re: Residents Panic After Spotting Creature On An Electric Pole In Edo Village. Pics by HunWI: 5:16pm On May 28, 2018
A slot in Nigeria?
Re: Residents Panic After Spotting Creature On An Electric Pole In Edo Village. Pics by Baroba(m): 6:02pm On May 28, 2018
HunWI:
A slot in Nigeria?

Nope it's a POTTO, Sloths are native to North / South America..
Re: Residents Panic After Spotting Creature On An Electric Pole In Edo Village. Pics by Nobody: 6:28pm On May 28, 2018
Iwantaccolades:
We will never grow as a nation until we go the Chinese way and burn down all the churches, mosques and traditional houses. Imagine grown adults burning an animal because they think it's a witch in this 21st century.

if you think witches dont exist then you re lost.
Re: Residents Panic After Spotting Creature On An Electric Pole In Edo Village. Pics by DSDLIVEREPORT: 8:03pm On May 28, 2018
Jet Challenger 601 powered by blood. Ran out of aviation fuel and help refuse to come till day break . I doff my hat for Africa. Una dey shout only Edo
Re: Residents Panic After Spotting Creature On An Electric Pole In Edo Village. Pics by Horus(m): 8:37pm On May 28, 2018
littlewonders:

That looks like Sloth.

If it is a sloth, they are listed as endangered mammals
Re: Residents Panic After Spotting Creature On An Electric Pole In Edo Village. Pics by DEBJOCH1(m): 8:43pm On May 28, 2018
AN OLD BINI WITCH COMING BACK FROM NIGHT MEETING BUT MISSED HIS/HER ROUTE AND SCRATCH LANDED ON A POLE.
Re: Residents Panic After Spotting Creature On An Electric Pole In Edo Village. Pics by Youngjohnosas: 9:13pm On May 28, 2018
Sirpaul:
Edo - if you hear the word edo pls run
nonsense.
Re: Residents Panic After Spotting Creature On An Electric Pole In Edo Village. Pics by Manzip(m): 9:31pm On May 28, 2018
it's called SLOTH
Re: Residents Panic After Spotting Creature On An Electric Pole In Edo Village. Pics by folake4u(f): 9:44pm On May 28, 2018
littlewonders:

That looks like Sloth.

Finally, someone with sense!
Re: Residents Panic After Spotting Creature On An Electric Pole In Edo Village. Pics by FireUpNow(m): 10:03am On Mar 11, 2023
China and strange events

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Strange Cow That Refused To Die After Its Head Had Been Cut(video) / This Is World's Smallest Snake, You Would Think It's An Earthworm (Video, Pics) / What Is This Animal Called

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.