Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,923 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? (12938 Views)

Electrical Vs Mechanical Faults: Which Is Worse? / 6 Tips On How To Choose A Car Mechanic / Top 7 Qualities And Attributes You Must Look For In A Professional Car Mechanic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by thebigkendo(m): 2:34pm On May 29, 2018
erico2k2:

But that was what I meant, and also, I can tell you this scan device cant tell you if you water pump fails. This was the point the other guy was trying to raise.

I beg to differ, Some cars(BMWs & hybrids) have electric water pump with a flow sensor as feedback.. So when water pumps starts to fail ECU throws a "low flow code" which scanners can tell

2 Likes

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by fredylee: 2:44pm On May 29, 2018
greggng:

I had exactly this same problem . I visited so many experts who come on radio to discuss auto issue but they only speak grammar. Thank God I was able to meet a mechanic that collected only 8k to fix a problem that nearly made me go for another engine. He scanned the car. Got all the codes and brought out his other laptop and clicked on application that brought out the diagram of my car . As he was looking at it he was writing out his report as if he is a medical doctor. At the end he discovered my caterlist , temperature sensor, the two oxygen sensor are bad and also he changed the plugs. . That was how my car remained calm and all problems disappeared till date. I call him car doctor. May God bless Mr Adebayo the mechanic

Please, can I have this fellow's contact details, or yours? Please, reach me on 08180005412. Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by thebigkendo(m): 2:54pm On May 29, 2018
timifakay:

The difference between being illiterate and being a mechanic is as much as the difference between being stu.pid and being wise.
Only a stu.pid person will equate being a mechanic to being an illiterate.

Banky3w, chukel, computerglobal, Diportivo, EgunMogaji, erico2k2, Gazzuzz, honmusa, LeJeun3, Mayor2013, nurey, Obekediamondfuto, Oluwaseunla, Princetom1, the.bigkendo... Come and share your experience.
Kingreign the epistle of your Carina comes to mind.

But iyam not a mechanic angry angry and I don't know anything about Automobile technology
Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by pawsofdikeje(m): 3:12pm On May 29, 2018
Car won't start after switching of ignition. Called mechanic, said its fuel pump that it's weak. I wan cry cause I just replaced it. He sha advice that we should call rewire Kareem.

Kazeem show, return fuel pump, put some wire for fuse box, wala, car start oh.

I no even price him workmanship.

2 Likes

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by pawsofdikeje(m): 3:15pm On May 29, 2018
Same car.

Car won't start, rewire mufu say Na kick Don spoil, gas buy new one. Him buy am , come back, car no start.
Mufu call him oga, oga came, remove ignition key for dashboard, cleaned the rusted part.

Wala, car start.

Just siddon dey cry

1 Like

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by captainking(m): 5:04pm On May 29, 2018
cardoctor:

Rubbish item. It doesnt work. Waste of money.
it does work sir. I have the one that works super fine..
Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by captainking(m): 5:09pm On May 29, 2018
Bigmind:
You are one of those mechanics that rip people off. I understand the source of your anger.

I have been using for well over 3 years now. Works perfectly.
most likely.. He bought the one that dosent work.. Cos. Mine has been with me too for 3 years. And it works wonders
Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by captainking(m): 5:11pm On May 29, 2018
greggng:

I had exactly this same problem . I visited so many experts who come on radio to discuss auto issue but they only speak grammar. Thank God I was able to meet a mechanic that collected only 8k to fix a problem that nearly made me go for another engine. He scanned the car. Got all the codes and brought out his other laptop and clicked on application that brought out the diagram of my car . As he was looking at it he was writing out his report as if he is a medical doctor. At the end he discovered my caterlist , temperature sensor, the two oxygen sensor are bad and also he changed the plugs. . That was how my car remained calm and all problems disappeared till date. I call him car doctor. May God bless Mr Adebayo the mechanic
where is this Mr adebayo aka.. Cardoctor located..?
Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by greggng: 5:34pm On May 29, 2018
fredylee:

Please, can I have this fellow's contact details, or yours? Please, reach me on 08180005412. Thanks in anticipation.

Sorry i was sleeping
His auto shop name is Good season
From iyanu ipaja take a bus going to ayobo stop at onuora bus top. Take okada from their to ayobo mechanic village. Ask anyone of good season

His name is adebayo
Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by greggng: 5:39pm On May 29, 2018
captainking:
where is this Mr adebayo aka.. Cardoctor located..?

He is at ayobo mechanic village . The name of his auto shop is Good season
Depending on were you are coming from. But from iyanu ipaja enter bus going to ayobo ipaja stop at onuora bus top ask any okada to take you to ayobo mechanic village .tell them good season or ask anyone at ayobo mechanic village
Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by timifakay(m): 5:54pm On May 29, 2018
thebigkendo:

But iyam not a mechanic angry angry and I don't know anything about Automobile technology

You are a de.meanor, so your eyes have seen...
Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 29, 2018
timifakay:

The difference between being illiterate and being a mechanic is as much as the difference between being stu.pid and being wise.

Banky3w, chukel, computerglobal, Diportivo, EgunMogaji, erico2k2, Gazzuzz, honmusa, LeJeun3, Mayor2013, nurey, Obekediamondfuto, Oluwaseunla, Princetom1, thebigkendo... Come and share your experience.

Maybe I’m getting old but lately I just read some posts and move on without responding. Not up to me to educate everyone that bought stolen UK Android phone and got awoof data.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by thebigkendo(m): 6:49pm On May 29, 2018
timifakay:

You are a de.meanor, so your eyes have seen...

Well.. I have seen dancok's burnt offering tongue tongue

https://www.nairaland.com/4122018/pls-car-restorable-what-likely

1 Like

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by DrDre1(m): 7:44pm On May 29, 2018
3kay945:
When I first got my car, I didn't know it has been kazeemised already. So on one particular day I returned from a short drive, I parked the car, off the engine and removed the key. I stepped out of the car and slammed the door. You can't imagine what happen! grin
The ignition came on that is, fans started working with dashboard lights shocked while the key was on my palm.

The vehicle wasn't using remote control so I won't say someone was playing pranks on me. I was like wow! Incredible.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
I knew I'd laugh my head off in this thread
Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by 3kay945(m): 8:02pm On May 29, 2018
DrDre1:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
I knew I'd laugh my head off in this thread

Bro, I was ashamed to tell my peeps at work.
grin cheesy

And there are other strange incidents too.
Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by MOHE: 9:22pm On May 29, 2018
Abbeyme:

Get the recommended engine cover installed, leaving no spaces!
Hmmm. Thanks
Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by captainking(m): 10:21pm On May 29, 2018
greggng:

He is at ayobo mechanic village . The name of his auto shop is Good season
Depending on were you are coming from. But from iyanu ipaja enter bus going to ayobo ipaja stop at onuora bus top ask any okada to take you to ayobo mechanic village .tell them good season or ask anyone at ayobo mechanic village
i know the place.. Thanks..
Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by santricedupas(m): 7:50am On May 30, 2018
solving bmw x6, 7 series, 5 series engine light
Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by fabulous18(m): 8:02am On May 30, 2018
cardoctor:

Rubbish item. It doesnt work. Waste of money.
God bless you sir, substandard tools
Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by erico2k2(m): 12:18pm On May 30, 2018
thebigkendo:

I beg to differ, Some cars(BMWs & hybrids) have electric water pump with a flow sensor as feedback.. So when water pumps starts to fail ECU throws a "low flow code" which scanners can tell
Whats the fault code for Low Flow in water pump
Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by thebigkendo(m): 12:39pm On May 30, 2018
erico2k2:

Whats the fault code for Low Flow in water pump

P00B7 Engine Coolant Flow Low

2E81, 2E82, 2E83, 2E84, 2E85 Waterpump Malfunction

1 Like

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by austinofex(m): 10:37pm On May 30, 2018
I have Naija used ml350 4matic for sale, 2008 model 3.2m negotiable, very neat, used for 3 months, working Ac.
I have naija used rx300 1.3m negotiable, with functioning Ac, sound engine, a neat car
contact number/WhatsApp :08139169686
Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by banky3w(m): 10:57pm On May 30, 2018
timifakay:

Banky3w, chukel, computerglobal, Diportivo, EgunMogaji, erico2k2, Gazzuzz, honmusa, LeJeun3, Mayor2013, nurey, Obekediamondfuto, Oluwaseunla, Princetom1, thebigkendo... Come and share your experience.
I'm just an aspiring mechanic oh.... I'm not there yet.

1 Like

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by radautoworks: 1:43am On May 31, 2018
Mechanic induced, many.
Owner induced, this was odd. He tried to clean out his engine with seafoam but used expanding house insulation foam!!!
Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by fuckwell2080: 10:19am On Jun 01, 2018
bought a car for 450k and spend 320k for repairs.first I change battery, brain box, radiator,alternator, a week later I change shocks, injector, compressor, three tryes and more a car that was tag buy and drive.all this happen due to stupid and useless mechanic today buy this and that I almost abandon the car but I have already spent a lot so I have to follow up but today am enjoying the car big time.it does not consume fuel at all 4litre can last 2hrs.just a test drive can not give u the true state of a car when buying.
Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by DrDre1(m): 3:11pm On Jun 03, 2018
3kay945:

Bro, I was ashamed to tell my peeps at work.
grin cheesy

And there are other strange incidents too.
I imagine after mentioning it in the office, u ever offer anyone from there a ride in the car grin. Someone may even fear that the steering can be controlled remotely cheesy
Do share other incidents cheesy
Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by Kashif(m): 5:01pm On Jun 03, 2018
I see many complaints about rodent attacks.

WD40 works in keeping them away. Spray on the wires periodically. I heard original Irish Spring soap works too. There is another powder, whose name I can't remember now. It's downside though is for the very next guy that works in the engine bay, and happens to get it to his eyes, or that precious tool between the legs! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Signs To Watch Out For When Its Time To Change Your Spark Plugs / After Using Total 20w50 For 6 Years, Is There Any Effect If I Want To Change To / 9 Facts You Need To Know About Your Car VIN (Vehicle Identification Number)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.