Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

ACF Warns IPOB Against Undermining National Unity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACF Warns IPOB Against Undermining National Unity (15173 Views)

Police Bans Biafran Flag In Delta State, Warns IPOB / #ENDSARS: Bashir Magashi Warns Protesters Against Undermining National Security / OPC Warns IPOB Against Attack On Yoruba Territory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

ACF Warns IPOB Against Undermining National Unity by Mrakeli: 4:04am On May 29, 2018
The Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) Monday said the threat by the Indigenous People Of Biafra (IPOB) to declare May 30 as ‘a sit-at-home day’ was destructive and a threat to national cohesion.
In a statement, the forum urged governors and elders from the South-east region to call their wards to order, stressing that such action is capable of causing chaos in the country.

The statement signed by the spokesman of the forum, Muhammad Ibrahim, recalled that the sit-at-home order last year by the IPOB did not only infringe on the liberty and rights of innocent and law-abiding citizens residing in the South-east, but was also hijacked by hoodlums who used the opportunity to unleash terror and mayhem on non indigenes.

“It would be recalled that the sit-at-home order of last year by IPOB did not only infringe on the liberty and rights of innocent and law abiding citizens residing in the South-east zone of Nigeria, it was also hijacked by hoodlums who unleashed terror on non-indigenes. We therefore cannot afford a repeat of such incidence.

“Given the benefit of hindsight, ACF therefore, calls on the South-east governors to prevail on their citizens to ignore such acts that seek to affect our sense of oneness and could also affect the economy and political stability of not only in the South-east but of Nigeria as a whole,” the statement said.

The forum urged members of IPOB to listen to the wise counsel of their elders and elected political representatives at both the national and state assemblies and adopt due democratic process.
“Our present democratic structure provides sufficient avenue for people to give voice to their aspirations and vent their concerns. Nigerians should therefore avail themselves to this opportunity rather than seek to heat up the polity.

“ACF also calls on the security agencies to put in adequate measures that will ensure the safety of all citizens in every part of country…
“Our faith in one indivisible Nigeria despite our moments of national instability and challenges has continued to be reaffirmed by individuals and groups at different fora.

“We have also demonstrated it in words and deeds in our political sojourn. We cannot therefore jettison our collective sacrifice for primordial sentiments that would do no one any good,” the ACF said.

The forum said further that Nigeria, like all developing nations, has challenges which can be overcome through collective hard work and due democratic process, stressing that intimidation and threats are not viable means that give voice to people’s aspiration as it is unnecessary and unhelpful.

IPOB had in a statement by its
Publicity Secretary, Emma Powerful, directed people of the South-east to sit at home on May 30 in remembrance of the Biafra struggle, victims of Fulani herdsmen, Boko Haram violence and those who died in the hands of security agencies in Nigeria over the years.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/05/acf-warns-ipob-against-undermining.html

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ACF Warns IPOB Against Undermining National Unity by kettykings: 4:29am On May 29, 2018
useless satanic ACF who will hide under the stupid cover the government of buhari to use him to deploy military againts unarmed ipob, notice how these fools never opened thier mouths againts armed herdsment and boko haram

155 Likes 16 Shares

Re: ACF Warns IPOB Against Undermining National Unity by BrownRoofRep: 4:39am On May 29, 2018
This is the reason why Africans are not progressive - bitter politics, lies and heartlessness.

IPOB and other pro Biafran groups dedicated a day to sit at home and remember their people who gallantly died in the civil war, this group of codeine addicts call it a threat to national unity.
Please how is someone that decides to stay at home for his heroes remembrance a threat to national unity?

Let's look at what is exactly a threat to national unity. A real threat to national unity is a group of murderous Fulani herdsmen terrorists that have been invading people's ancestral lands, maiming, massacring and raping them at will.

A threat to national unity is a group Boko Haram 2.0 terrorists that invaded a church at Benue state, killed 17 worshipers among whom are 2 Reverend fathers. This does not even stop there, the wild animals dressed choir robes and videoed themselves dancing to the joy of their successful operation.

A threat to national unity is a group of Fulani herdsmen terrorists who are armed with AK 47 weapons, they are now in various farms in Delta state collecting fees from farmers before they will be allowed to enter their farms. This is the real threat to the imaginary national unity.

A threat to national unity is the Boko Haram terrorists who has been terrorising far north for several years now. This terrorist group is notorious for kidnapping underaged girls.

This group of codeine addicts has never for a day condemned the activities of Fulani herdsmen terrorists.
Fulani herdsmen terrorists have killed over 3000 innocent souls but are not threat to the imaginary national unity.
IPOB have not killed anyone and yet are termed a threat to the imaginary national unity.

This group of codeine addicts started the Araba protest in 1966. Let the history of Nigeria be opened to the public and we will all see who started the disunity of Nigeria.

For the record I will sit back at home on 30th May, heaven will not fall.

283 Likes 34 Shares

Re: ACF Warns IPOB Against Undermining National Unity by Nobody: 5:00am On May 29, 2018
This statement would only make the sit at home more effective, those that never wanted to, have seen a reason to obey that order..

Your opinion really did not matter..

145 Likes 13 Shares

Re: ACF Warns IPOB Against Undermining National Unity by orisa37: 5:01am On May 29, 2018
You can't win the Ibos with threats. You must convince them with full autonomy of their States in their hands.

141 Likes 17 Shares

Re: ACF Warns IPOB Against Undermining National Unity by perez100: 5:16am On May 29, 2018
They are blind to see the Fulani Herdsmen that have been killing and threatening the unity of this country. It is not their fault - I blame the so-called educated morons in the South that have allowed these primitive men from Chad to rule them.

109 Likes 11 Shares

Re: ACF Warns IPOB Against Undermining National Unity by ITbomb(m): 5:30am On May 29, 2018
The parasites have spoken
Feeling threatened already

107 Likes 10 Shares

Re: ACF Warns IPOB Against Undermining National Unity by Ofodirinwa: 5:31am On May 29, 2018
ACF is a suya maker and toe nail clippers labor union.

84 Likes 8 Shares

Re: ACF Warns IPOB Against Undermining National Unity by horsepower101: 5:37am On May 29, 2018
Thank you ACF for adding fuel to the fire. Now I know the sit at home will become very successful.

103 Likes 11 Shares

Re: ACF Warns IPOB Against Undermining National Unity by anibirelawal(m): 5:41am On May 29, 2018
I LOVE MY COUNTRY, GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

HAPPY DEMOCRACY DAY!!!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ACF Warns IPOB Against Undermining National Unity by BabaRamota1980: 5:44am On May 29, 2018
BrownRoofRep:
This is the reason why Africans are not progressive - bitter politics, lies and heartlessness.

IPOB and other pro Biafran groups dedicated a day to sit at home and remember their people who gallantly died in the civil war, this group of codeine addicts call it a threat to national unity.
Please how is someone that decides to stay at home for his heroes remembrance a threat to national unity?

Let's look at what is exactly a threat to national unity. A real threat to national unity is a group of murderous Fulani herdsmen terrorists that have been invading people's ancestral lands, maiming, massacring and raping them at will.

A threat to national unity is a group Boko Haram 2.0 terrorists that invaded a church at Benue state, killed 17 worshipers among whom are 2 Reverend fathers. This does not even stop there, the wild animals dressed choir robes and videoed themselves dancing to the joy of their successful operation.

A threat to national unity is a group of Fulani herdsmen terrorists who are armed with AK 47 weapons, they are now in various farms in Delta state collecting fees from farmers before they will be allowed to enter their farms. This is the real threat to the imaginary national unity.

A threat to national unity is the Boko Haram terrorists who has been terrorising far north for several years now. This terrorist group is notorious for kidnapping underaged girls.

This group of codeine addicts has never for a day condemned the activities of Fulani herdsmen terrorists.
Fulani herdsmen terrorists have killed over 3000 innocent souls but are not threat to the imaginary national unity.
IPOB have not killed anyone and yet are termed a threat to the imaginary national unity.

This group of codeine addicts started the Araba protest in 1966. Let the history of Nigeria be opened to the public and we will all see who started the disunity of Nigeria.

For the record I will sit back at home on 30th May, heaven will not fall.

@bold, please admit you are joking

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ACF Warns IPOB Against Undermining National Unity by aragonchuks(m): 5:52am On May 29, 2018
TELL YERIMA AND BUHARI THAT THEY ARE MAD...PERIOD

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ACF Warns IPOB Against Undermining National Unity by Nobody: 5:53am On May 29, 2018
Lol. I wonder what these clowns think they are. That country has become so polarised that people wake up and start issuing threats and warnings as if they have the right to control other people’s destinies. They want to stay at home, they don’t want to cause commotion but to stay at home and remember their relatives that died during the war but some fooools are hitting themselves on the floor crying and issuing threats . These monkeys have not stood up to condem the greatest threat to their country’s unity, Fulani heardsmen but will move around threatening peaceful people.
Akpa amu.

93 Likes 8 Shares

Re: ACF Warns IPOB Against Undermining National Unity by chinjo(m): 6:16am On May 29, 2018
How does this concern the Abokis why not choose a date and tell all Abokis to sit at home too.

81 Likes 8 Shares

Re: ACF Warns IPOB Against Undermining National Unity by PVision2020(m): 6:33am On May 29, 2018
This ACF aproko self tire person... if ipob like, let them shut down the whole SE for a whole year, it has little or no effect on the Economy of Nigeria.
How I wish the elite of the SE are the ones leading this freedom stuff and not some riff raff (whose voice or death means nothing to the world) organizing carnivals.

4 Likes

Re: ACF Warns IPOB Against Undermining National Unity by vanunu: 6:46am On May 29, 2018
ACF is a wicked organisation, so you don't want ipob to remember the three million biafrans murdered by the Arewa army. Shame on you people that do not value human lives, how many times have you seen ipob talking about your boko haram or your Fulani killers.shame on you.

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ACF Warns IPOB Against Undermining National Unity by DawatNama(m): 6:48am On May 29, 2018
Bunch of Uncircumcised cradle robbers cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ACF Warns IPOB Against Undermining National Unity by Nobody: 6:49am On May 29, 2018
I thought is Paul Unongo, herdsmen has reformatted the old man sense

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ACF Warns IPOB Against Undermining National Unity by Nobody: 6:51am On May 29, 2018
If you want to know if IPOB is hitting a nerve, just watch out for a statement or press conference from Arewa. They always come out whenever IPOB has a major assignment announced. You remember last yr when they gave Igbos ultimatum to leave the North because IPOB announced Sit-at-Home that time. LOL!

80 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ACF Warns IPOB Against Undermining National Unity by adadike(f): 6:51am On May 29, 2018
See me see trouble o. I don't want to go out, I want to sit my fat arse down at home have become a problem. Can someone pls explain it to them in awusa.

76 Likes 9 Shares

Re: ACF Warns IPOB Against Undermining National Unity by Kokolet11: 6:54am On May 29, 2018
Useless fools

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ACF Warns IPOB Against Undermining National Unity by Nobody: 6:57am On May 29, 2018
adadike:
See me see trouble o. I don't want to go out, I want to sit my fat arse down at home have become a problem. Can someone pls explain it to them in awusa.

These people dey fear Igbos eh, no be small. Including Afonjas too. An Igbo man just staying inside his house with the door locked is a threat to Hausa-Fulani and Afonjas. You know why? Because Igbos control the economy and large chunk of the taxes and duties the federal government collects; so if they sit, no money for them. The government know this very well, which is why not only do they not want Igbos to leave this evil union but also monitor them very closely even when they are idle. Do you think Arewa will give a damn if Afonja were siting at home?

85 Likes 11 Shares

Re: ACF Warns IPOB Against Undermining National Unity by adadike(f): 7:01am On May 29, 2018
sean1000x:

These people dey fear Igbos eh, no be small. Including Afonjas too. An Igbo just staying inside his house with the door locked is a threat to Hausa-Fulani and Afonjas. You know why? Because Igbos control the economy and large chunk of the taxes and duties the federal government collects; so if they sit, no money for them. The government know this very well, which is why not oly do they not want Igbos to leave this evil union but also monitor them very closely. Do you think Aewa will give a damn if Afonja were siting at home?
Quite true!

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ACF Warns IPOB Against Undermining National Unity by kanubiafra: 7:04am On May 29, 2018
NA for ipob matter them go wan talk

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ACF Warns IPOB Against Undermining National Unity by Omeokachie: 7:06am On May 29, 2018
Fulani herdsmen are maintaining the peace and unity of the country shey?

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ACF Warns IPOB Against Undermining National Unity by Nobody: 7:14am On May 29, 2018
Arewa in the North is bothered by what Igbos do in their own East?

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ACF Warns IPOB Against Undermining National Unity by Nobody: 7:17am On May 29, 2018
Bleep
Re: ACF Warns IPOB Against Undermining National Unity by phase1: 7:18am On May 29, 2018
These Codein addicts don finally help Biafrans achieve their sit at home program.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ACF Warns IPOB Against Undermining National Unity by Nobody: 7:21am On May 29, 2018
Y0ruba:

Lol, I am weak.

So if the likes of Dangote, Otedola, Kessington, Alakija, Adenuga, Rabiu,

Typical dumb afonja; any small thing, they call Dangote. Are you on drugs? Dangote that barely pay taxes, and takes billions from government subsidies and tax breaks? Does Alakija pay tax? Show me her oil company office let alone her tax statement. Otedola? That one. SMH. Go to Nnewi and see how much those industrialists pay in tax and duties, you will run mad in Ogbomosho.

66 Likes 9 Shares

Re: ACF Warns IPOB Against Undermining National Unity by Call07034780891: 7:21am On May 29, 2018
Ns waoo
Re: ACF Warns IPOB Against Undermining National Unity by kutchs: 7:32am On May 29, 2018
How's my decision to sit at home a threat to national unity?
How's my decision to close my shop on May 30th the concern of anyone?

So long as IPOB doesn't block roads, force people back into the houses and disrupt other people's business, I don't see how it should concern ACF.

There are many other important things especially in the North to keep ACF occupied.
The North is being ravaged by terrorists Fulani herdsmen, thousands are being murdered every day and ACF doesn't seem bothered.
Northern youths are being lost to codeine addiction daily and ACF feels it doesn't matter.

How many times in the past has ACF condemned Boko Haram and Fulani herdsmen? How many times have they called them to order?

Last last, a person's choice which doesn't infringe on the rights of others should not be a bother.

25 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ekiti Pdp Candidate Disrupt Fayemi's Free Health Programme / Drama As Senators Rebuke NEPAD Officials For Redundancy, Threaten To Ask Buhari / Garba Shehu: Buhari Avoiding The Lekki Incident Until The Facts Are Established

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.