Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,434 members, 7,812,292 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed (13229 Views)

Buhari, His Wife And Daughter, Zahra Pose With Their In-laws, The Indimi Family / Crisis: Tension In Jos, Many Killed / APC Senators All Smiles As They Pose With President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by Lautechgossip(m): 5:50am On May 29, 2018
​Bloggers tend to challenge mainstream media organisations since the arrival of the internet, due to the attention they enjoy from the public. However mainstream media organisations are known for objectivity within the news industry.

In a bid to ensure professionalism within the news industry, Lagos lawyer and human right activist, Femi Falana, SAN, has urged the NUJ and other relevant bodies to go back to their drawing board to enable them check the recklessness of the social media publishers.

While noting that the media profession is very important to the socio-political development of every society.

“For me, anybody that is going to publish anything using online channel, should have a registered website and we must be able to trace them. Technology has gone beyond anybody just writing down anything as website.

Similarly the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, castigated the recklessness of bloggers in his speech during the Annual National Conference and General Meeting of the NIPR held in Ilorin, Kwara State, on Thursday, 27 April 2017.

According to the minister of information, ”today anyone with a phone and data is a journalist”

Meanwhile the issue of professionals and amateurs still remain in the news industry, prompting questions like who are bloggers, what are their level of education, which area do they specialize in.

http://kikiotolu.com/bloggers-pose-tension-in-news-industry-falana-lai-mohammed/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by Anigreat: 5:57am On May 29, 2018
shocked

Bloggers are bound to exposed the lies that you liar Mohammed lies.

89 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:00am On May 29, 2018
This is so true

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:00am On May 29, 2018
Anigreat:
shocked

Bloggers are bound to expose the lies that you liar Mohammed lies.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by anibirelawal(m): 6:03am On May 29, 2018
Anyone with a phone and data is now a journalist. grin

Its due time to put a check on bloggers excesses.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by Nogodye(m): 6:06am On May 29, 2018
Bloggers has to be screen...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by chinjo(m): 6:09am On May 29, 2018
You can gag the media but you can't silence bloggers. Bloggers will continue to expose the rots in this government no matter the intimidation. Buhari rode on the back of social media to become president and now bloggers have suddenly become a threat.

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by Omeokachie: 7:17am On May 29, 2018
Election is around the corner and they are coming for bloggers.

Stop hating oga.

32 Likes

Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by HeyCorleone(m): 11:21am On May 29, 2018
I don't just like the way bloggers spread irrelevancies around. Like the many of them whose post make FP these days. "check out so and so N1million Pajamas" or "So and so visits so and so". Like how does that help anything.

Honestly bloggers have the power to spark a revolution in this country. But they'd rather focus on very stupid and unrewarding things.

They don't know that the likes of Linda Ikeji get paid to post such stuff.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by OfficialRasheed: 11:22am On May 29, 2018
The thing pain the Yoruba fools

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by Bbworld2018: 11:23am On May 29, 2018
Lautechgossip:
​Bloggers tend to challenge mainstream media organisations since the arrival of the internet, due to the attention they enjoy from the public. However mainstream media organisations are known for objectivity within the news industry.

In a bid to ensure professionalism within the news industry, Lagos lawyer and human right activist, Femi Falana, SAN, has urged the NUJ and other relevant bodies to go back to their drawing board to enable them check the recklessness of the social media publishers.

While noting that the media profession is very important to the socio-political development of every society.

“For me, anybody that is going to publish anything using online channel, should have a registered website and we must be able to trace them. Technology has gone beyond anybody just writing down anything as website.

Similarly the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, castigated the recklessness of bloggers in his speech during the Annual National Conference and General Meeting of the NIPR held in Ilorin, Kwara State, on Thursday, 27 April 2017.

According to the minister of information, ”today anyone with a phone and data is a journalist”

Meanwhile the issue of professionals and amateurs still remain in the news industry, prompting questions like who are bloggers, what are their level of education, which area do they specialize in.

http://kikiotolu.com/bloggers-pose-tension-in-news-industry-falana-lai-mohammed/

Huhhhuhhhuuuuuhhh
Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by Bibobanteen: 11:23am On May 29, 2018
Cool
Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by Bolustical: 11:23am On May 29, 2018
[s]
OfficialRasheed:
The thing pain the Yoruba fools
[/s]

Who can be more foolish? Someone that led over 3 million of his people to the slaughter only to disguise as a woman to Ivory Coast OR the one who ran out to eat Sharwama in Ghana after he led his people to drink mud last year?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by Metuh: 11:23am On May 29, 2018
Bolustical:
[s][/s]

Who can be more foolish? Someone that led over 3 million of his people to the slaughter only to disguise as a woman to Ivory Coast OR the one who ran out to eat Sharwama in Ghana after he led his people to drink mud last year?
Oh so it's no longer 10million
Someone will just sit down somewhere in his Hut and decide to pull out statistics from his anus?

The calabars, deltans and your fellow Yoruba soldiers that died are his people right

Including that backstabbing Victor Banjo grin

Nonsense! This same bloggers were used by you fools to run propaganda prior to the last presidential election.

Lemme goan create my blog site sharp sharp self.

APC MUST LEAVE

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by obembet(f): 11:24am On May 29, 2018
The greatest lair Nigeria ever produce... I wish there is competition for lies,

Lair Mohammed would have won more Gold than mess I and CR7

5 Likes

Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by johnmattew: 11:24am On May 29, 2018
well said.... journalist with low IQ.

1 Like

Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by MadeInTokyo: 11:24am On May 29, 2018
grin grin grin

Femi Falana Afonja slave, this is Nigeria

12 Likes

Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 11:24am On May 29, 2018
grin

2 Likes

Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by littlewonders: 11:24am On May 29, 2018
Today we live in a society in which spurious realities are anufactured by the media, by governments, by big corporations, by religious groups, political groups... So I ask, in my writing, What is real? Because unceasingly we are bombarded with pseudo-realities manufactured by very sophisticated people using very sophisticated electronic mechanisms. I do not distrust their motives; I distrust their power. They have a lot of it. And it is an astonishing power: that of creating whole universes, universes of the mind. I ought to know. I do the same thing."

Philip K. Dick.

The media censors a lot of things the public should rightly know about politicians. we are kept in the dark. they are scared of saying the truth or revealing flaws of pregnant looters.

Bloggers put them all out raw. I know there are more unreliable bloggers who only generate news from their backyard to earn whatever they feel; I am not talking about them here.

But if not for bloggers we won't be knowing a lot of things going on in this country cos' the media professionals or journalists as are termed to be, won't completely say facts because they fear the government.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by hollandis(f): 11:24am On May 29, 2018
Is Falz not your son? Onyeberibe

5 Likes

Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by Peter4naz(m): 11:24am On May 29, 2018
It is obvious that the rich keeps on misbehaving. Anyways Youths in Benue state finally stood their Ground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Eqoygaud_E
Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by Maxcollins042(m): 11:25am On May 29, 2018
hmm
Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by uvie66: 11:25am On May 29, 2018
At least they can transmit TRANSMISSION without fear of being locked up.

5 Likes

Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by GavelSlam: 11:25am On May 29, 2018
chinjo:
You can gag the media but you can't silence bloggers. Bloggers will continue to expose the rots in this government no matter the intimidation. Buhari rode on the back of social media to become president and now bloggers have suddenly become a threat.

Which social media's back did he ride on?

Many of you lack originality and recycle things you've heard without giving thought to it.

One minute you say those that voted him are illiterate almajiris, the next minute you say bloggers helped him.

Here on Nairaland, I know how the wrong person was called one of the Offa robbers yet many of you find nothing wrong with it.

1 Like

Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by Issakendrick: 11:25am On May 29, 2018
wink
Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by guuudy87(m): 11:25am On May 29, 2018
What's the difference

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: Money Saved By Obi In Anambra Was An Investment For Him Not State / Buhari Accepts Ban’s Invitation To World Leaders’ Meeting / EndSARS: Mike Okiro Urges Tinubu To Declare October 20 National Freedom Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.