Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,212 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed (13241 Views)

Buhari, His Wife And Daughter, Zahra Pose With Their In-laws, The Indimi Family / Crisis: Tension In Jos, Many Killed / APC Senators All Smiles As They Pose With President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by TeamSimple(m): 11:25am On May 29, 2018
This is so true .

1 Like

Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by Newpride(m): 11:26am On May 29, 2018
Even here on nairaland, the moment they have one useless browsing phone and 10mb, they start shouting atikulating, Nigeria is a zoo, buhari is a terrorist, afonja.

Their slogan is we have bn marginalized, we want lefelelandum, we want biafla, we want lestructuling.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 11:26am On May 29, 2018
A clean heart fears no foe...
Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by israelmao(m): 11:26am On May 29, 2018
Stating your opinion does not make you a journalist but exercising of freedom of expression.

1 Like

Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by Omeokachie: 11:26am On May 29, 2018
Stop hating oga
Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by ybalogs(m): 11:26am On May 29, 2018
Not far from the truth but coming from Uncle Lai... I comment my reserve.
Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by shadyLP(m): 11:26am On May 29, 2018
Election around d corner... grin
Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by ednut1(m): 11:27am On May 29, 2018
israelmao:
Stating your opinion does not make you a journalist but exercising of freedom of expression.
freedom to post lies and unverified articles

2 Likes

Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 11:30am On May 29, 2018
Lautechgossip:
​Bloggers tend to challenge mainstream media organisations since the arrival of the internet, due to the attention they enjoy from the public. However mainstream media organisations are known for objectivity within the news industry.

In a bid to ensure professionalism within the news industry, Lagos lawyer and human right activist, Femi Falana, SAN, has urged the NUJ and other relevant bodies to go back to their drawing board to enable them check the recklessness of the social media publishers.

While noting that the media profession is very important to the socio-political development of every society.

“For me, anybody that is going to publish anything using online channel, should have a registered website and we must be able to trace them. Technology has gone beyond anybody just writing down anything as website.

Similarly the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, castigated the recklessness of bloggers in his speech during the Annual National Conference and General Meeting of the NIPR held in Ilorin, Kwara State, on Thursday, 27 April 2017.

According to the minister of information, ”today anyone with a phone and data is a journalist”

Meanwhile the issue of professionals and amateurs still remain in the news industry, prompting questions like who are bloggers, what are their level of education, which area do they specialize in.

http://kikiotolu.com/bloggers-pose-tension-in-news-industry-falana-lai-mohammed/

I see no cause for alarm here. We in the new age and the journalism that these elders were used to have changed.

Complaints won't change a thing. It's either you adapt or go home. This is how the world works now. A vivid case is Channels News Vs the old boring government propaganda laced NTA news. The new rule to success in these modern times is adapting to change with breathtaking speed. The new media is gradually phasing out T.V and Paper prints. Time is the most important factor that millenials value now and organizations that understands this the most are the ones who make the most profit. It is not your product or service. You have to sell the mindset alongside your product or service that my time will be saved while patronising you. We are so busy now that nobody has time to sit in front of a T.V set and listen to NTA. We all carry our New Media(your gadgets) in our hands now. I practically can multitask now while still being able to catch up on the latest news either via YouTube, blogs, etc
This is why organizations like Jumia, Yudala, Konga, etc are profiting as they sell you the mindset that your time can be saved. You purchase online and have the products delivered to you at home. Uber too sells time, etc.

Lai Mohammed, Femi Falana, etc should quit complaining. Heck! Falana's son Falz latest cover video of Childish Gambino's viral video also just went viral that Diddy in America even commented and also promoted the video. It won't have been possible if not for the New media.
The World is in your hands right now.

1 Like

Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by Baamivic: 11:31am On May 29, 2018
Another lie from Mr Lai Mohammed
Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by AndyM6: 11:33am On May 29, 2018
chinjo:
You can gag the media but you can't silence bloggers. Bloggers will continue to expose the rots in this government no matter the intimidation. Buhari rode on the back of social media to become president and now bloggers have suddenly become a threat.

Abi oooo.
Useless set of atoku maku, amon onan'orun malo..
I think they're feeling the heat already...
Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by sirgalahad26(m): 11:34am On May 29, 2018
they better not threaten bloggers, or else.....
Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 11:37am On May 29, 2018
HeyCorleone:
I don't just like the way bloggers spread irrelevancies around. Like the many of them whose post make FP these days. "check out so and so N1million Pajamas" or "So and so visits so and so". Like how does that help anything.

Honestly bloggers have the power to spark a revolution in this country. But they'd rather focus on very stupid and unrewarding things.

They don't know that the likes of Linda Ikeji get paid to post such stuff.

There can never be a revolution in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by petenweke: 11:39am On May 29, 2018
Two idiots! When you used them in 2015 they were fine then abi?
Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 11:48am On May 29, 2018
grin

Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by CSTR1003: 11:48am On May 29, 2018
This government disgust me.

The backwardness and the archaism is just choking.

The press is no longer about big franchises. Every body can be a journalist on his own.

Social media is now the new main stream media in most parts of the free world.
They bring in and remove governments.

You can't fight it without infringing on basic liberties. It is a necessary evil.
I would expect anybody in government to know this and accept it.

I say this with all sincerity, Nigeria has the daftest leadership in the world.

How anybody can entrust his/her future into the hands of these misfits is a thing of wonder.

Baba God , I need to leave Nigeria for good.
Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by CSTR1003: 11:51am On May 29, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Revolution for what?
Nairaland has proven that our causes are different.
Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 11:52am On May 29, 2018
Falz you see your life and that of your father .
Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:54am On May 29, 2018
I wish Falana could coukd come down on his son for calling all Nigerians criminals. Though some bloggers spread dangerous news without source Lar Mo knows quite well that social media and bloggers have exposed the lies of this administration.
Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by brodalokie: 11:56am On May 29, 2018
You just dey realise? What has changed?
Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by EzeNri(m): 11:57am On May 29, 2018
Bolustical:
[s][/s]

Who can be more foolish? Someone that led over 3 million of his people to the slaughter only to disguise as a woman to Ivory Coast OR the one who ran out to eat Sharwama in Ghana after he led his people to drink mud last year?
Benue alone paid for their foolish with 500,000 souls and they are still paying for it now in the hands of the masters they sacrificed 500k lives for.

Ojukwu died peacefully in his sleep and was given a state burial while Awo committed suicide and was buried like a rat.
Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:58am On May 29, 2018
littlewonders:
Today we live in a society in which spurious realities are anufactured by the media, by governments, by big corporations, by religious groups, political groups... So I ask, in my writing, What is real? Because unceasingly we are bombarded with pseudo-realities manufactured by very sophisticated people using very sophisticated electronic mechanisms. I do not distrust their motives; I distrust their power. They have a lot of it. And it is an astonishing power: that of creating whole universes, universes of the mind. I ought to know. I do the same thing."

Philip K. Dick.

The media censors a lot of things the public should rightly know about politicians. we are kept in the dark. they are scared of saying the truth or revealing flaws of pregnant looters.

Bloggers put them all out raw. I know there are more unreliable bloggers who only generate news from their backyard to earn whatever they feel; I am not talking about them here.

But if not for bloggers we won't be knowing a lot of things going on in this country cos' the media professionals or journalists as are termed to be, won't completely say facts because they fear the government.

Do you understand what blogging is about.
It is not rumour mongering
It is not about twisting facts to create a topic of sensationalism

This Nigerian bloggers have a special place in hell.

If they want to be reporters let them go and get licensed.
Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by HeyCorleone(m): 12:01pm On May 29, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Oh there can.

What is needed is just a spark. Although i agree it'd be tough because there's so much division.
Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 29, 2018
It is called Power to the People.

Very soon, Presidents will be replaced by Scientists and IT Professionals. We are tired of these old illiterates dictating the pace of news.

Bloggers please ride on, create Youtube channels and call it "AnythingTV" and run your reality shows.

Let them keep their silly TV and Radio Licenses.

Power to the people.
Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by LazyNairalander(m): 12:09pm On May 29, 2018
Let the hardworking youths earn a good living biko.

See my signature ojare.
Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by israelmao(m): 12:10pm On May 29, 2018
ednut1:
freedom to post lies and unverified articles

I Have you read 16 lies in Buhari's speech today by Reno?If the President lies then who else...
Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by DrMuzungu(m): 12:25pm On May 29, 2018
St00pid b@stard thinks he can gag the Nigerian public? Well, too late, way too late!! Every of their sins will be kept on record and the day to pay back to the Nigerian society will soon come.
Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by ariesbull: 12:47pm On May 29, 2018
Bloggers say it the way it is without fancy word or embellishments unlike mainstream media that have political leaning

Even CNN, BBC etc still have political leaning

But bloggers....they give it raw
Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by MakeADifference: 1:13pm On May 29, 2018
chinjo:
You can gag the media but you can't silence bloggers. Bloggers will continue to expose the rots in this government no matter the intimidation. Buhari rode on the back of social media to become president and now bloggers have suddenly become a threat.
Re: Bloggers Pose Tension In News Industry- Falana, Lai Mohammed by Realdeals(m): 1:15pm On May 29, 2018
what is wrong in informing Nigerians the cost of Yusuf Buhari power bike, when his dad keep telling us that the country is broke or revealing the cost of parking the presidential aircraft at hearthrow airport for 100 days in the midst of recession.
NTA, Channelstv, AIT and the rest can never reveal these.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Full Text Of Buhari's Speech After He Received APC Nomination Form / Fuel Subsidy: NAIRAXI To Digitize Public Transport To Mitigate Adverse Effects / NIMC, World Bank To Provide Digital ID For 148 Million Nigerians By 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.