Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,376 members, 7,829,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

President Buhari To Sign ‘not Too Young To Run’ Bill Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari To Sign ‘not Too Young To Run’ Bill Today (8783 Views)

Gov. Akeredolu To Sign Anti-Open Grazing Bill Today / Reps To Pass Electoral Bill Today, Panel Pegs Presidential Poll Expenses At N5bn / Meet The Young Nigerians Behind "Not Too Young To Run" Advocacy - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari To Sign ‘not Too Young To Run’ Bill Today by evanso6226(f): 9:22am On May 31, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari will finally sign the ‘Not Too Young to Run’ bill on Thursday, May 31, 2018.

The president had revealed during his Democracy Day address on Tuesday, May 29, that he would sign the bill soon.

“In a few days I will be joined by many promising young Nigerians to sign into law the ‘Not Too Young to Run’ Bill,” he said.

The president took to his official Twitter account (@MBuhari) early on Thursday to announce that he’ll be joined by a group of young Nigerians to sign the bill at the Presidential Villa.

He posted, “Today I look forward to welcoming to the State House another group of young Nigerians, as I sign into law the #NotTooYoungToRun Bill.”

The ‘Not Too Young To Run’ bill seeks to reduce the age limit for those seeking elective positions in the country.

The bill will alter Sections 65, 106, 131, and 177 of the 1999 Constitution (as amended), as it seeks to reduce the age of qualification for the office of the President from 40 to 35 years; Governor from 35 to 30 years; Senate from 35 to 30 years; House of Reps from 30 to 25 years; and the House of Assembly from 30 to 25 years.

Source: http://www.clintgist.com/buhari-to-sign-not-too-young-to-run-bill-today-id8440879-html/

Re: President Buhari To Sign ‘not Too Young To Run’ Bill Today by Ejorchris: 10:26am On May 31, 2018
Rubbish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari To Sign ‘not Too Young To Run’ Bill Today by Nobody: 10:29am On May 31, 2018
This will surely energize Nigeria's political space. When a youth finally becomes President, this day will be remembered.

More of this from Buhari. Buhari 2019; Igbo Presidency 2023!

9 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Sign ‘not Too Young To Run’ Bill Today by Anigreat: 10:40am On May 31, 2018
shocked

Does the useless clueless president know how to sign?

10 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Sign ‘not Too Young To Run’ Bill Today by Ichokwu: 10:42am On May 31, 2018
We thank the Saraki led senate for proposing this bill.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Sign ‘not Too Young To Run’ Bill Today by Daniel058(m): 11:30am On May 31, 2018
Yes do am
Re: President Buhari To Sign ‘not Too Young To Run’ Bill Today by nabegibeg: 11:30am On May 31, 2018
evanso6226:
President Muhammadu Buhari will finally sign the ‘Not Too Young to Run’ bill on Thursday, May 31, 2018.

The president had revealed during his Democracy Day address on Tuesday, May 29, that he would sign the bill soon.

“In a few days I will be joined by many promising young Nigerians to sign into law the ‘Not Too Young to Run’ Bill,” he said.

The president took to his official Twitter account (@MBuhari) early on Thursday to announce that he’ll be joined by a group of young Nigerians to sign the bill at the Presidential Villa.

He posted, “Today I look forward to welcoming to the State House another group of young Nigerians, as I sign into law the #NotTooYoungToRun Bill.”

The ‘Not Too Young To Run’ bill seeks to reduce the age limit for those seeking elective positions in the country.

The bill will alter Sections 65, 106, 131, and 177 of the 1999 Constitution (as amended), as it seeks to reduce the age of qualification for the office of the President from 40 to 35 years; Governor from 35 to 30 years; Senate from 35 to 30 years; House of Reps from 30 to 25 years; and the House of Assembly from 30 to 25 years.

Source: http://www.clintgist.com/buhari-to-sign-not-too-young-to-run-bill-today-id8440879-html/

when has "to sign" a bill become an achievement ?

let him sign it and post the message then we would know what to do

8 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Sign ‘not Too Young To Run’ Bill Today by bobokeshington: 11:30am On May 31, 2018
Now I can contest for Presidency come 2019

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Sign ‘not Too Young To Run’ Bill Today by three: 11:31am On May 31, 2018

Can we please stop deleting opposing posts?!

Seun Lalalsticlala

It's clearly tiring (unless that's the plan)

Now to the thread:

I'll wait till he signs it, all this TO, WILL, SHALL, IS GOING TO.... Will not work...

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Sign ‘not Too Young To Run’ Bill Today by Nobody: 11:31am On May 31, 2018
The destroyers and children of hate be like...

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Sign ‘not Too Young To Run’ Bill Today by DIYhackers: 11:31am On May 31, 2018
Na hin wahala be that
Check my signature if you want to learn blogging
Re: President Buhari To Sign ‘not Too Young To Run’ Bill Today by ibkgab001: 11:31am On May 31, 2018
Sowore .... 2019
Re: President Buhari To Sign ‘not Too Young To Run’ Bill Today by Spar7tan(m): 11:32am On May 31, 2018
Not too young to run, but you can break their legs!!!

cheesy

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Sign ‘not Too Young To Run’ Bill Today by kidman96(m): 11:32am On May 31, 2018
IAmAmbrose:
Anytime I seeBuhari
on TV, i open my
wallet to check if my
PVC is still there...
I hate nonsense!! undecided undecided
Spar7tan:
Not too young to run, but you can break their legs!!!

cheesy
nabegibeg:

when has "to sign" a bill become an achievement ?

let him sign it and post the message then we would know what to do
Anigreat:
shocked

Does the useless clueless president know how to sign?
Ejorchris:
Rubbish

I am sure you clods don't even know the meaning of this bill... But you run to the internet to post rubbish just to get likes.

Dunces like these are the reason I say the internet should be regulated in Nigeria....

Some people have no business in the civilised society...

The previous administrations never even thought of this.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari To Sign ‘not Too Young To Run’ Bill Today by Bossontop(m): 11:32am On May 31, 2018
undecided
Bill that is just for decoration..... No young person will be given ticket even if he/she can afford it.......u no go even pass primaries sef

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Sign ‘not Too Young To Run’ Bill Today by IAmAmbrose(m): 11:33am On May 31, 2018
Anytime I seeBuhari on TV, i open my wallet to check if my PVC is still there... I hate nonsense!! undecided undecided

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari To Sign ‘not Too Young To Run’ Bill Today by Edopesin: 11:33am On May 31, 2018
a little late
Re: President Buhari To Sign ‘not Too Young To Run’ Bill Today by Harrynight(m): 11:34am On May 31, 2018
grin

Should this happened, will be the First and Grand Breaking Achievement of Buhari led administration after 3years in office
Re: President Buhari To Sign ‘not Too Young To Run’ Bill Today by tolexy007(m): 11:35am On May 31, 2018
Thank u saraki

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Sign ‘not Too Young To Run’ Bill Today by SalamRushdie: 11:35am On May 31, 2018
Why should an incoherent dull and mentally impaired 86 years old tyrant who is bent on steam rolling innocent lives in desperation for a second term be the one to sign the not too young too run bill which I consider the mist shallow bill in our collective history...its empty nonsense I tell you, Nigeria should be looking for visionary leadership and not age based leadership
Re: President Buhari To Sign ‘not Too Young To Run’ Bill Today by dust144(m): 11:35am On May 31, 2018
After signing the bill, pls sign your resignation to show example.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Sign ‘not Too Young To Run’ Bill Today by NotBeenPaid: 11:35am On May 31, 2018
Sadly, our laws are only on papers. But it's a good step forward though.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Sign ‘not Too Young To Run’ Bill Today by slimdamatrix1(m): 11:35am On May 31, 2018
Good idea!
Re: President Buhari To Sign ‘not Too Young To Run’ Bill Today by seacoast(m): 11:35am On May 31, 2018
Mtchwww, after signing, he will still come and bully the youths off by vying.
He should resign

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Sign ‘not Too Young To Run’ Bill Today by Bustincole(m): 11:36am On May 31, 2018
It seems Buharry and co are just playin us

see dare formation below

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Military Lifts Suspension Of UNICEF In North-east Over Alleged Sabotage / CAN Tells FG To Do More To Reduce Hunger / Ekiti Is Indebted To Tinubu And Will Repay With Votes, Says Governor Oyebanji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.