Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,730 members, 7,844,399 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Police Arrests Donald Duke- Must They Arrest Like This? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Arrests Donald Duke- Must They Arrest Like This? (11376 Views)

Police Arrests 8 Over Saraki's Attack In Ilorin / Police Arrests INEC Officials, Party Agents Over Electoral Offences In Zamfara / Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Arrests Donald Duke- Must They Arrest Like This? by Chib4u: 1:01pm On May 31, 2010
SapeleGuy:

Chibu4U -  Tinapa is debt free. Please present your evidence to prove that Cross River is in debt because of Tinapa.  http://allafrica.com/stories/200909080641.html

Prove to us that the other points you have made are true. We dey wait.

Sapele guy Tinapa is not debt free. They took different loans from different banks. Union bank recently went to court seeking to wind up the place read this http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201003161142992 . Even in todays papers Imoke was still talking about the debt http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/Politics/5574459-146/cross_river_gets_compensation_for_oil.csp . Sanusi was only talking about the laons from first bank and UBA(If i repay Mr A does that mean by i don't owe MR C AND D?). Now regarding my other points, you dont live in calabar so you probably woundn't know but at least the NRC building is there for everybody to see, Axari Hotel(former SDP own by his friend a serving commisioner during his tenure is there to see, his well publicized court battle with the chief judge over the N555m naira property in Ikoyi is there for you to see and i provided links for that as well.
Re: Police Arrests Donald Duke- Must They Arrest Like This? by KunleOshob(m): 2:06pm On May 31, 2010
@joagbaje
What exactly would you like to know? The fact remains that Donald Duke is the best presidential material available in this country today and naturally political minions feel threatened by his towering credentials. Already you can see some delinquents trying to dis-credit the man by twisting facts to buttress their delusions.
Re: Police Arrests Donald Duke- Must They Arrest Like This? by Gbawe: 3:38pm On May 31, 2010
Beaf:

Very interesting. . . And our verbal medicine man and native doctor, Gbawe has been blaming Jonathan for harrassing Duke! Damn! How could truth be so elastic? shocked shocked shocked shocked Listen to him;

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Gbawe, hellooo! Reality must be a difficult thing to maintain! Abi you wan takeover tales by moonlight? cry cry cry

Beaf my man, how far ? I see you are still vigourously sifting through what I write in an attempt to discredit me as per your over-emotional mien. My guy you will only discredit yourself when Jonathan shows that he is a do-or-die politician no different to others. If you inspect what I write that you go on to quote, you will see that I never stated that I believed Duke was arrested:

Precisely . Add charisma and panache to the list as well. Duke has been ruffling feathers to no end of late . I doubt he has anything to hide because he is acting more like Gani Fawenhinmi of late . Speaking vehemently against the PDP and Jonathan (more or less calling him a coward) during the recent cabal hijack of the Nigerian Presidency means , in Nigeria's where politics of blood and vengeance overrides good governance, Duke must now pay for his "insolence".

Jonathan is now slowly showing his hands as some of us suspected he would. Mr. Beaf (Jonathan's main propagandist on Nairaland) where you at ? I don't know when Nigerians , including some who are very intelligent , will learn that accidental and/or selected leaders rarely ever make good leaders.

Go back and read what I responded to when I wrote the above and you will note that I was only concurring that Duke has to be "dealth with".

Wether he was arrested or not is not really the issue and my writing shows that with how it is obvious that I am referring to the public and politically led persecution of Duke . It is you , in your ill-concieved haste to discredit me, that is pedantically focused on if I assumed Duke was arrested or not. Duke was embarrased publicly and unneccesarily and taken away for some time on a bogus exparte order the former Governor was able to see through. Call it what you will . Duke went with them . If Duke had not rumbled the flaw that nullified the exparte order he would propably have being held for longer. They say "the order came from above". If I am not to assume you are more naive of Nigerian politics then I can assume you will know that no order from above will be passed regarding the harrassment of a highly placed former Governor without the approval of the Nigerian President. It is how things are done in a nation that confers too much power and authority on its President.

It will be fun to watch your boy Jonathan unravel his real nature while making a fool of you , his cheif supporter . wink wink

the police came to enforce an exparte order issued by an Akamkpa High Court. As a lawyer, even a layman knows that Calabar Municipality where the ceremony held is beyond the Akamkpa court's jurisdiction. Regardless, I had to out of courtesy and as a law abiding citizen opted to step in on behalf of my wife, Onari, and clarify issues with the Commissioner of Police and this didn't last more than about 20 minutes and I was back to venue.
Re: Police Arrests Donald Duke- Must They Arrest Like This? by Beaf: 4:29pm On May 31, 2010
^
Discredit you? shocked How does one discredit a fact bender, lier and rumour forger? shocked shocked shocked

Don't flatter yourself that foolishness is somehow wisdom or that bare faced lies are somehow acts of morality or rumour forging is somehow hard nosed logic.
You ought to be ashamed for at best spreading false rumours or at worst, telling obvious lies; but here you are defending yourself by attacking Jonathan yet again. Except in your obsessed mind, Jonathan has nothing whatsoever to do with Dukes story (the real one told by Duke himself or the false one concocted by those like you).

Donald Duke has told his own version of the story, which makes yours a really strange lie. Donald Duke didn't mention Jonathan even once; so what's your sick obsession? Do you think it is healthy for a grown man to tell obvious lies and spread false rumours? I really fail to understand. My friend these are the signs of either malicious intent or mental issues.
Re: Police Arrests Donald Duke- Must They Arrest Like This? by SapeleGuy: 5:45pm On May 31, 2010
Chib4u:

Sapele guy Tinapa is not debt free. They took different loans from different banks. Union bank recently went to court seeking to wind up the place read this http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201003161142992 . Even in todays papers Imoke was still talking about the debt http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/Politics/5574459-146/cross_river_gets_compensation_for_oil.csp . Sanusi was only talking about the laons from first bank and UBA(If i repay Mr A does that mean by i don't owe MR C AND D?). Now regarding my other points, you dont live in calabar so you probably woundn't know but at least the NRC building is there for everybody to see, Axari Hotel(former SDP own by his friend a serving commisioner during his tenure is there to see, his well publicized court battle with the chief judge over the N555m naira property in Ikoyi is there for you to see and i provided links for that as well.

Thank you for your response it is what I expected.

Chibu4u - if you are truly from Cross River, what you have written about Tinapa is a pity. As we say 'nah who know man dey kill am'

Why have you completely ignored:

- The loss of 76 oil wells and over N21 Billion in revenue this year alone. That would have meant this loan of N12 Billion could have been paid.

Why would the FG halve Cross Rivers revenue from N2.2 billion to N1 billion per month?
Why would the FG cede Bakassi to Cameroon?
Why would FG not allow Tinapa to flourish by removing the red tape?
Re: Police Arrests Donald Duke- Must They Arrest Like This? by Chib4u: 7:59pm On May 31, 2010
SapeleGuy:

Thank you for your response it is what I expected.

Chibu4u - if you are truly from Cross River, what you have written about Tinapa is a pity. As we say 'nah who know man dey kill am'

Why have you completely ignored:

- The loss of 76 oil wells and over N21 Billion in revenue this year alone. That would have meant this loan of N12 Billion could have been paid.

Why would the FG halve Cross Rivers revenue from N2.2 billion to N1 billion per month?
Why would the FG cede Bakassi to Cameroon?
Why would FG not allow Tinapa to flourish by removing the red tape?

My brother the loan itself is more than N12 Billion(ie just union bank, there are other banks as well), why focus on Tinapa? What about my other points? As i said earlier me no get wahala with DD but na him hypocrisy de pain me. That guy na normal and typical naija politician, dont be decieved by this new obama like campaign wey him wan/de start. I know you cant deny the fact that tinapa has been a failure. Apart from the the slash in revenue, the projected revenue to be generated at tinapa has not been achieved and we all doubted it from the inception. My brother if you have lived in Cali, you will understand. WHY BUILD A SO CALLED FREE TRADE ZONE WHEN WE HAVE EPZ CALABAR ALREADY?(sorry i know i have just broken the etiquette of our nairaland by typing in capital letters but DD messed up big time). Let's talk about my other points too. You need to go to Tinapa and see how empty and quite it is. Its a complete white elephant.
Re: Police Arrests Donald Duke- Must They Arrest Like This? by sayso: 8:02am On Jun 01, 2010
Re: Police Arrests Donald Duke- Must They Arrest Like This? by babsmii(m): 10:19am On Jun 01, 2010
nemesis
Re: Police Arrests Donald Duke- Must They Arrest Like This? by Arielle: 6:23pm On Jun 01, 2010
Tinapa is an absolute failure. The only thing that works there apart from the water parks,is T-Mart, Donald's store. Right now, there is still no electricity in Tinapa.
Donald Duke totally impoverished this state. The financial situation in Cross River State is dire. A huge chunk of the state allocation is channeled towards paying off Donald's debts. The pineapple project was a total scam.
Chib4u was spot on in everything he said. What that man has done to our state is really criminal and I shudder to think of him let loose on Nigeria as a whole.
I hope Nigerians can look beyond a handsome face, charm and eloquence.
Re: Police Arrests Donald Duke- Must They Arrest Like This? by lareine(f): 8:56pm On Jun 01, 2010
@ Chibu I don't know where to start with u. Are u a Cross River or uta_afang in Cross River? First of all Eman mi ke obio Efik means my folks are in Calabar not that I'm in Calabar. Do you understand GOOD english or should use your atam language? Tinapa for your info is not a failure, it was only handed over to a failure your atam man who did not know what to do with it. Small Marina Resort under his nose he can't handle. It's unfortunate there was not enough time for DD to kick start and stabilise Tinapa before handing it over to your atam man. What's the fight with properties NRC, Metro etc. Isn't it obvious that your man has no idea of his? Why are u not talking about the celebrated Calabar Carnival, the cleanliness culture DD has caused Cross Riverians to imbibe admists other laudable projects Donald has achieved in CRS. It's a shame on u and your atam people. Go ahead and deny you are not atam. You talk about Dansuki, Ekpo Okon and the rest, what do u know about leadership? These people doff their caps for the same man you re castigating irrespective of their differences. My dear try hard as you may you can't stop Don's shine. He's way outta you peeps' league. He's the Don, he's a genius.
Re: Police Arrests Donald Duke- Must They Arrest Like This? by Chib4u: 3:14am On Jun 02, 2010
lareine:

@ Chibu I don't know where to start with u.  Are u a Cross River or uta_afang in Cross River? First of all Eman mi ke obio Efik means my folks are in Calabar not that I'm in Calabar. Do you understand GOOD english or should  use your atam language? Tinapa for your info is not a failure, it was only handed over to a failure your atam man who did not know what to do with it. Small Marina Resort under his nose he can't handle. It's unfortunate there was not enough time for DD to kick start and stabilise Tinapa before handing it over to your atam man. What's the fight with properties NRC, Metro etc. Isn't it obvious that your man has no idea of his? Why are u not talking about the celebrated Calabar Carnival, the cleanliness culture DD has caused Cross Riverians to imbibe admists other laudable projects Donald has achieved in CRS. It's a shame on u and your atam people. Go ahead and deny you are not atam. You talk about Dansuki, Ekpo Okon and the rest, what do u know about leadership? These people doff their caps for the same man you re castigating irrespective of their differences. My dear try hard as you may you can't stop Don's shine. He's way outta you peeps' league. He's the Don, he's a genius. 

Responding to you is a complete waste of time and am sad that am doing this. Eman mi ke obio efik means i was born in Calabar and thats what i said in my reply to another of your tribalistic friend (am sure you are the same person). So now u blame the failure of Tinapa on Imoke lol. All u succeeded in doing was expose yourself as an ethinic bigoted lady, constantly mentioning Atam lol. Have you noticed you didnt deny any of my points lol instead you are asking a foolish question, what's the fight with the properties(sic) meaning you know he's guilty but you are angry that it's been mention.
Finally regarding if i understand good english, please look at my posts and look at yours then you would know we are not in the same league (english is not my mother's tongue so normally i don't care but please it's are you a Cross Riverian not are you a Cross River lol lol poom to your face you idiot)
Re: Police Arrests Donald Duke- Must They Arrest Like This? by OboBoco(f): 11:35am On Jun 02, 2010
Chib4u:

@ Obo Boco, first of all I know who you are. You went to Unical and if am right I remember you as a tall efik girl and eyen or eyen eyen Edidem Boco Ene Mkpang Cobham the former Obong. I am sorry if am wrong. Now in your response you failed woefully in denying the points that I raised. You didn’t address the 2003 general election,  you didn't address the huge debt, you didn’t address where Donald got the money to build the new houses i mentioned , you didn’t address the fact that his wife apparently bought NRC secretariat and his friend Basey Ndem (a serving commisioner at the time) bought SDP’s which is now Axari Hotels. Do you actually know the meaning of nepotism? Compare his former house off Okoro Agbo to the one he built at Ekori Inim not to talk of the properties I mentioned. You should be ashamed of yourself making noise about T-mart (a so call departmental store that mostly sells cloth). With the billions(65) of naira wasted on tinapa are you not ashamed that the place can only boast of one company that is T-mart and the leisure side can only boast of Amber hotels and the water park? You called 1K little, how many people in calabar can afford to spare 1k on that swimming pool (Eman mi ke obio efik so I know calabar too well to be deceived by you or Donald’s supporters). I never mention Obong in my article, so am still wondering what your petulant talk about Obongship has to do with my article. 
You even failed to address his sacking of all non indigenes from the state civil service because am pretty sure you were one of the few tribalistic people that welcomed it.
Am sure with my answers about Tinapa, I have been able to silence you on that one. So please bring it on, deny the other points and I will be here to respond.

You are a great daughter of the soil and so what?? Am tired of that tribalistic statement you lot make everytime in Calabar, Eman mi ke obio efik nko(meaning i was born in Calabar as well), nke ka nwed ke Saint Partrick, then Unical, me sem eko efik nkan fi self so because you are a efik doesn't mean you know Calabar more than me.

chib4u, there was nothing like sacking of all non indigenes from the state civil service thats why i told you to get your points straight before you think of writing your aticle, let me ask you, who was the head of civil service when donald duke was in power?, and you are shouting about axari hotel and other building that you claimed he sold out, if you do your finding you will realize that most of the buildings you are talking about are on lease just for a certain period of time which means they still belong to the government, when those buildings were just lying there uncompleted and abandon no one remembered they were state government buildings now that they have been developed for the good of the same state you are all shouting that he sold it to his family, and i was no being tribalistic, i only wanted to prove to you that i am from cross river state and have lived there for years so i know exactly the places you are talking about, am sure you are having a complex problem with yourself and tribe thats why you thinks other people are trying to be tribalistic, you said you were born in calabar and speak efik better than me, guy you are very wrong, i speak my language very well and being born in calabar does not make you efik.its even good that you know me in person or so you claim, maybe you know me from a distance but am not one of those people that don't care about what goes on in his or her state, so i know most of those stories you talk about and for you information, 60% of them are just false and rumors and go along with people in position, that was the same way when channel view was built everybody started shouting that it belonged to donald duke and that asuquo ekpeyoung was only fronting at the end we all know the truth, (am even surprise that you did not include that he is the owner of channel view) lol. and if i may say there is nothing like nepotism in this talk, as the governor of the state he needed to develop the state as much as possible and calabar being the capital of the state needed to be developed too, so why should we have abandoned properties in the state capital? he only leased those properties to capable hands who can manage it and still make the state look neat, did your father indicate interest in leasing any of those properties and he was not given the opportunity?? for your information " calabar boy" lol, DD was already from a wealthy home before all these politics but i guess your beef and shallow thinking will not allow you remember that part, if you think he was just a local boy, then you are wrong, his parents and family as a whole were already wealthy and gave him the best in life before he got into politics so he did not become rich from politics, you all are claiming that he stole, if you know that you are a saint, be the first to cast a stone.like the other poster rightly said, DD mistake is to handover tinapa and these early stage to a weakling, the time left was too short for him to stabilize tinapa before leaving power.and there is no state that don't have certain amount of debt to pay so cross river will not be the first. well there are certain ways i can prove that most of the thing you are saying is just hearsays from palm wine tappers and those drunks at atimbo, but its not my place to tell you that, as a custodian of certain history and documents, i can't let them go to the wrong hands as you have already proven to me that you are the worst of people to have such information, i told you once and saying it again, never judge from a distance, go closer to know the actual state of thing before you conclude, and i am not tribalistic. don't say poo.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Delusions Of Today’s Men: Femi Fani-Kayode Replies Reuben Abati / Adeleke’s Emergence As Osun Governor Is Divine - Traditionalists / 2023: The Promises Of The Four Leading Presidential Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.