Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,776 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

Sexual Harassments And The Cabals In Nigerian Universities - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sexual Harassments And The Cabals In Nigerian Universities (14769 Views)

Ambrose Alli University Students Protest At Police Station Against Harassments / 8 Common Academic Related Slangs In Nigerian Universities / Top 10 Slowest Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sexual Harassments And The Cabals In Nigerian Universities by Timothy3113(m): 3:06pm On Jun 02, 2018
Pataricatering:
a student making a pass at a lecturer is her own business- the issue is the abuse of power ! If a student makes a pass at a lecturer - you simply say no and ban any one on one contact with the student - simple ! It’s different when a lecturer who is in a position of power over students abuses his power by propositioning his student and then failing her for not acquiescing to his demands !
I believe the battle should be against all form of corruption , be it coercion for sex, and seduction for mark.

If you don't tackle the root an issue it will go out of hand. Let me paint a picture, if a lecturer is accustomed to females seducing him for marks every session, and there is now a low turn out of seducers a particular session, he has tasted the forbidden fruits and he will want more. He will see female students as his entitlement and start forcing them.

Go and check out all those Prof that are forcing students, they all starred from being seduced by female students for mark and being approached by male for sorting. And they later grow in the ministry.

I believe the University system should be well checked and monitored. Lecturer's power should be checkmate.
Re: Sexual Harassments And The Cabals In Nigerian Universities by Ugosample(m): 3:14pm On Jun 02, 2018
Llanthony401:

He's right though. Nigerians have no moral compass whatsoever. Give them very little power and they abuse everyone under them, either by opression or harrasment. There is no single humility in "most" Nigerians who are in Position of power.

That's just the truth

No moral compass whatsoever.
Re: Sexual Harassments And The Cabals In Nigerian Universities by duality(m): 3:19pm On Jun 02, 2018
As long as many people don't condemr fornication, adultury and other forms of illicit sex [
Things like this will continue
Re: Sexual Harassments And The Cabals In Nigerian Universities by kjhova(m): 3:21pm On Jun 02, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
Some students also make passes at lecturers to get good grades?...the fault lies sorely on the society.. Our society is morally bankrupt... Society that gives an individual who had sex on live tv..45m.....and gives best graduating student 100k......charity begins at home

Why do you guys enjoy beating Nigeria on the head with this BBN stick. Don't you get tired of the fact that Big Brother is not the reason for Nigeria's perceived problems?

In America, Kim Kardashian also earn far more than the best paid professor of whatever at Harvard. In S/Korea, K-pop groups earn far more than nuclear physicists.

So, tell me, what has big brother got to do with sex crazed lecturers who probably also criticize the show just like you do?

who knows what oddities some of y'all perform in the closet only to come here to profess self-righteousness.

2 Likes

Re: Sexual Harassments And The Cabals In Nigerian Universities by agabaI23(m): 3:56pm On Jun 02, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
Some students also make passes at lecturers to get good grades?...the fault lies sorely on the society.. Our society is morally bankrupt... Society that gives an individual who had sex on live tv..45m.....and gives best graduating student 100k......charity begins at home
The person who had sex on TV generated billions for rhe business and was given a peanut out of it and some of his cogenerators even got nothing. How much did the BGS get for his or whoever? So quit whining it won't get you likes.
Re: Sexual Harassments And The Cabals In Nigerian Universities by babyfaceafrica: 4:07pm On Jun 02, 2018
Pataricatering:
a student making a pass at a lecturer is her own business- the issue is the abuse of power ! If a student makes a pass at a lecturer - you simply say no and ban any one on one contact with the student - simple ! It’s different when a lecturer who is in a position of power over students abuses his power by propositioning his student and then failing her for not acquiescing to his demands !
onot easy
Re: Sexual Harassments And The Cabals In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 02, 2018
Iyajelili:

You have been shamed

I'm glad I have been. It's a welcome development.

1 Like

Re: Sexual Harassments And The Cabals In Nigerian Universities by mhizv(f): 4:26pm On Jun 02, 2018
Experienced this!! Started from my screening till 200lvl....Ovie God purnish you!!! He now tampers with my results c instead A or B, since I've been turning him down

Delsu(physics department)

3 Likes

Re: Sexual Harassments And The Cabals In Nigerian Universities by Articul8(m): 4:58pm On Jun 02, 2018
Gmajor:

Newspaper is a word not an acronym. Duh!
Thank you very much. Some ppl are just out there to twist everything making them innovators. I have tried to correct that incorrect claim of newspaper being the supposed acronym but...
Newspaper has its own meaning and the acronym thing is just about playing with words.

Thank you
Re: Sexual Harassments And The Cabals In Nigerian Universities by hkidola00(m): 7:20pm On Jun 02, 2018
Rickyuzzy:

You are one big idiot for this thing you just wrote, are you by any means trying to victimise the victim or justifying sexual harassment by excuses of immodest dressing. Don't you know what is called self control. Nonsense!!!
Come to Europe, during the summer, all the ladies wear skimpy stuff, exposing their thighs and all. But not a case of rape. It is not about girls being naked. It's the mindset of some useless men. If you like wear hijab. A harrasser will still prey. QED!
actually ur d idiot, what do guy wrote is true, I'm sure u dress scantily too,dat y ur pained, good dressing will first repel d abusive lecturers
Re: Sexual Harassments And The Cabals In Nigerian Universities by hkidola00(m): 7:22pm On Jun 02, 2018
Paperwhite:
This ugly trend will never reduce it or be eradicated as long as the ladies will not stop dressing provocatively & "using what they have to get what they want". undecided
dont mind rickyuzzy girl saying rubbish, she's an harlot
Re: Sexual Harassments And The Cabals In Nigerian Universities by hector1046(m): 9:15pm On Jun 02, 2018
emmabest2000:
I have nothing to say ....
wow!!! Today is the first time I'll be gaining anything meaningful on NL
Re: Sexual Harassments And The Cabals In Nigerian Universities by ATTITUDE2: 9:36pm On Jun 02, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
mysteriousman:
These girls also give room for this to happen I have not seen where a lecturer harass a brilliant student but notwithstanding these men shouldn't compel girls to do this there are some girls that will still willingly give themselves to these lecturers.

I concur with your points.
I know girls who don't attend lectures, their provocative dress alone is I greenlight to any sex starve lecturer.
in most cases, I believe its the girls that consent to such advancement, must scandals are mostly brought to light by the discipline ones.
Re: Sexual Harassments And The Cabals In Nigerian Universities by Kdon2: 11:06pm On Jun 02, 2018
[quote author=Passion2009 p
[/quote]

This writer is so bias! Unilorin dat I know like the back of my hand?? Abeg its even worse in unilorin than most Nigeria universities! There, it is a common secret that female lecturer in hijab and female student both in hijab and conventional dressing engage in sex spree to the knowledge of all. All those Alfas and tebliq lecturers take female students in appalling numbers to hotel to sleep with them for marks. Its no hidden secret that unilorin lecturers hardly mark their students test and exam scripts, just to prey on gullible and desperate young female students. Abeg the atrocities in that school is simply mind boggling!
Re: Sexual Harassments And The Cabals In Nigerian Universities by Kdon2: 11:13pm On Jun 02, 2018
Gourdoinc:
bunch of nonsense. unserious students trading blames on innocent lecturers. go and read, pass well and nobody can victimize you.

That is not exactly correct sir. Those students that got nicec grades through sex for mark favours never wrote anything better than others that were failed by these lecturers simply because they were not ready to submit to sexual demands of this slowpoke lecturers!
Re: Sexual Harassments And The Cabals In Nigerian Universities by Kdon2: 11:19pm On Jun 02, 2018
Gourdoinc:
lol dumbo no matter bull crap you spill what I have said is fact. stop blaming your lecturers for having such a low grade. read ya books

Its unfortunate that your tone indicates that you are involved in this evil! May God reward you accordingly. Amin
Re: Sexual Harassments And The Cabals In Nigerian Universities by Kdon2: 11:22pm On Jun 02, 2018
Gourdoinc:
lol dumbo no matter bull crap you spill what I have said is fact. stop blaming your lecturers for having such a low grade. read ya books

Its unfortunate that your tone indicates that you are involved in this evil! May God reward you accordingly. Amin
Re: Sexual Harassments And The Cabals In Nigerian Universities by Kdon2: 11:42pm On Jun 02, 2018
mhizv:
Experienced this!! Started from my screening till 200lvl....Ovie God purnish you!!! He now tampers with my results c instead A or B, since I've been turning him down

Lecturer Ovie in physics department, DELSU. God go surely punish you o as this lady prayed! Amin
Re: Sexual Harassments And The Cabals In Nigerian Universities by Ramied20: 11:46pm On Jun 02, 2018
I feel to control this particular issue in the Nigeria universities,,students dressings should be monitored and secondly I will suggest university should also set security committee to provide accurate securities in OR around the school environment..http://bustrendz.com
Re: Sexual Harassments And The Cabals In Nigerian Universities by Kdon2: 11:49pm On Jun 02, 2018
hkidola00:
actually ur d idiot, what do guy wrote is true, I'm sure u dress scantily too,dat y ur pained, good dressing will first repel d abusive lecturers

So the head to toe hijabian sisters that were made to go through the harrowing experience by this sexual predators were also scantily dressed? I pity your argument! when your child is subjected to psychological trauma by these lecturers, please don't come and be shouting blue murder up and down o. Maybe your daughter will even commit suicide out of frustration from the experience who knows!
Re: Sexual Harassments And The Cabals In Nigerian Universities by obstead200(m): 7:25am On Jun 03, 2018
Paperwhite:
This ugly trend will never reduce it or be eradicated as long as the ladies will not stop dressing provocatively & "using what they have to get what they want". undecided
Gbam!!!!
I will keep saying this. If only students will just read very well and work hard, nobody will be talking about sexual harassment, bribery and all that.
U don't expect to fail, and hope a lecturer gives u a passmark in return for nothing. They subconsciously have to find a way of validating the time they wasted teaching u.
Re: Sexual Harassments And The Cabals In Nigerian Universities by obstead200(m): 8:01am On Jun 03, 2018
Kdon2:

That is not exactly correct sir. Those students that got nicec grades through sex for mark favours never wrote anything better than others that were failed by these lecturers simply because they were not ready to submit to sexual demands of this slowpoke lecturers!
exactly the point bro.
The bottom line is that they all deserve to fail.
Those that were eventually failed were merely those unwilling or unable to explore the other alternative. So they either saved their cash or their punna and failed the course instead.
Those that passed simply went the extra mile. Unpleasant but the plain fact
Re: Sexual Harassments And The Cabals In Nigerian Universities by obstead200(m): 8:06am On Jun 03, 2018
mhizv:

Taaaa!!!
Go and sit down somewhere. Before talking trash about a lecturer, have u attempted to call for ur answer script to be independently re-marked? Have u asked that ur work be compared to he works of those who scored an A?
What Does the lecturer stand to gain from giving u a lower pass mark? Will he eat the "A" he withheld from u?
All these students sef.............SMH
Re: Sexual Harassments And The Cabals In Nigerian Universities by obstead200(m): 8:21am On Jun 03, 2018
HigherEd:

Stfu you swine pig. I'm sure you are one of those hell bound criminals who abuse ladies in higher institutions. Is Nigeria the only country with unserious students who don't read? why are the unserious students in saner climes not harrassed and threatened by those who are expected to be their mentors both academically and morally?
Nigeria is unfortunate to have ppl like you as citizens. Pls if you have nothing good to say shut your opinion into the sewage you call a throat and stop spilling garbage on social media....
@ the bolded, let me give u the answer: because the unserious students in saner climes simply drop out and go do something else with their lives. (A lot of ur brothers and sisters schooling abroad can attest to this) meanwhile the Nigerian unserious student is used to short cuts.They want that paper certificate by all means. They have been progressing academically by copying, cheating, impersonation and all that..... just that at some point, all these techniques fail them. the price of progressing in their phantom academics goes up. It becomes either big cash, punna submission or both. That is when they start complaining. That is why u hear them complain.
They also have the average naija entitlement mentality. They feel they are entitled to free marks just the way they are entitled to the national cake. And when they don't get the freebies, they shout blue murder.
Nonsense.

Education is not for everyone. If u can't keep up in the right way, just drop out, else it might come to haunt u in future
Re: Sexual Harassments And The Cabals In Nigerian Universities by obstead200(m): 8:26am On Jun 03, 2018
Timothy3113:
I believe the battle should be against all form of corruption , be it coercion for sex, and seduction for mark.

If you don't tackle the root an issue it will go out of hand. Let me paint a picture, if a lecturer is accustomed to females seducing him for marks every session, and there is now a low turn out of seducers a particular session, he has tasted the forbidden fruits and he will want more. He will see female students as his entitlement and start forcing them.

Go and check out all those Prof that are forcing students, they all starred from being seduced by female students for mark and being approached by male for sorting. And they later grow in the ministry.

I believe the University system should be well checked and monitored. Lecturer's power should be checkmate.
3 bottles of beer for u bro. U are so correct.
I cud not have said it better
Re: Sexual Harassments And The Cabals In Nigerian Universities by mhizv(f): 12:44pm On Jun 03, 2018
obstead200:

Taaaa!!!
Go and sit down somewhere. Before talking trash about a lecturer, have u attempted to call for ur answer script to be independently re-marked? Have u asked that ur work be compared to he works of those who scored an A?
What Does the lecturer stand to gain from giving u a lower pass mark? Will he eat the "A" he withheld from u?
All these students sef.............SMH

Oh dear!!

Won't just say shit about anyone..first he gave me 6 for a test I worked my ass off for,went back to him,no reasonable response,then went to my h.o.d...used to have same thinking as u do now,till I experienced this first hand. Would have gotten worse,save for the fact that I told him I would have to ask for my parents permission, last time he asked to take me out..now be uses every available way to get back at me especially his course..p
S he's my course adviser..

I wonder what I'd gain by lying..would it give me a first class..no.....so wtf...

And stay off my mentions,have a nice day smiley
Re: Sexual Harassments And The Cabals In Nigerian Universities by eventsms(m): 2:58pm On Jun 03, 2018
For your research work

Download project topics and materials via www.researchs.com.ng
Re: Sexual Harassments And The Cabals In Nigerian Universities by obstead200(m): 3:09pm On Jun 03, 2018
mhizv:

Oh dear!!

Won't just say shit about anyone..first he gave me 6 for a test I worked my ass off for,went back to him,no reasonable response,then went to my h.o.d...used to have same thinking as u do now,till I experienced this first hand. Would have gotten worse,save for the fact that I told him I would have to ask for my parents permission, last time he asked to take me out..now be uses every available way to get back at me especially his course..p
S he's my course adviser..

I wonder what I'd gain by lying..would it give me a first class..no.....so wtf...

And stay off my mentions,have a nice day smiley
I think I know ur type. The entitled type. U feel that just because a lecturer smiles at u and laughs with u, u shud have an A. I don't doubt the fact that he asked u out. It is probably true. But don't come here and tell us he reduced ur marks (without failing u) just because u said no. That is a big lie. U simply did not do well enough to get an A.
Don't be stupid.
If he wants to get in ur pants by all means, he will fail u outright.
As for ur mentions, well just stay off this thread.
Re: Sexual Harassments And The Cabals In Nigerian Universities by mhizv(f): 8:15pm On Jun 03, 2018
obstead200:
I think I know ur type. The entitled type. U feel that just because a lecturer smiles at u and laughs with u, u shud have an A. I don't doubt the fact that he asked u out. It is probably true. But don't come here and tell us he reduced ur marks (without failing u) just because u said no. That is a big lie. U simply did not do well enough to get an A.
Don't be stupid.
If he wants to get in ur pants by all means, he will fail u outright.
As for ur mentions, well just stay off this thread.

I try as much as possible to aim for an A especially courses he takes...+u know nothing about me..am not the only one be does it to,neither will I be the last.. I've talked to senior colleague's about it,and the feed back wasn't encouraging. I have nothing to gain by lying about this.and no won't keep off this thread,its a forum and we are all free to air our opinions..what do u say of someone who asks for gadgets,places it on the table till his done talking,tells me to my face I think a. Smart and I'd see where it leads me to!! Come on!! You won't know till u experience it first hand..

Thanks for ya opinion though.#noted smiley
Re: Sexual Harassments And The Cabals In Nigerian Universities by tascotyee(f): 5:02am On Jun 04, 2018
I don't care whoever you mention here, but you cannot rubbish the personalilty of Dr. Oseni Afisi. He's one of the finest, intelligent and hardworking lecturers I know in LASU. I studied History and International Studies in LASU, but borrowed some of his courses in Philosophy as electives. Collect money from students? I don't think so. I never experienced it. Dr. Afisi was very accessible and always ready to listen to you. I even heard that he assisted a number of students to pay their school fees, or added money from his pocket, to those who had difficulty with raising money for their school fees. Please, please, please, Dr. Afisi is a nice gentleman.
Re: Sexual Harassments And The Cabals In Nigerian Universities by bustrendz: 12:39pm On Oct 30, 2018
I feel to control this particular issue in the Nigeria universities,,students dressings should be monitored and secondly I will suggest university should also set security committee to provide accurate securities in OR around the school environment..http://bustrendz.com.ng
Re: Sexual Harassments And The Cabals In Nigerian Universities by tck2000(m): 7:38am On Aug 31, 2019
Timothy3113:

True

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Can I Download Nigerian Literature Online? URGENT!!! / UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities / Education Beyond Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.